Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #211
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Sandy-- Yes the school are open for the walker to come even though we are sliding all over the place on the sidewalks. You wouldn't believe how many people drive the kids to school if the school buses don't go because they have to go to work and have no day care. On snow days you have to walk them in to the gym and pick them up there.

Nicholas is home, the office called and asked if he was allowed to come home. They were all in the cafe. and would be there all day working on their own.

School are open until 4:30 here but the school gym is rented out at night so the doors are open but the class rooms are not.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #212
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Knee surgery is March 21. Feeling a bit less nervous since I've been so busy at work the past couple days.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #213
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

well the house is now just going to be memories...the young man and his 19 years old son are the new owners...his wife passed away six years ago and they have lived in the country...they are excited and nervous at the same time...I think I remember it being that way too...

so thanks for keeping me sane the last few months...I really appreciate you all..

and Moo I didnt even read that you were going to have knee surgury...My brother had his knee fixed up last thursday...and then we have had two snowstorms so he has yelled out the door with his crutch at his wife (who had kidney cancer) who was trying to snowblow for the first time....ROFL...it was quite a site I heard..

thanks again everyone

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #214
NAB

Pumba-- What a relief it must be to have your old house sold. I still think of the first house we moved here from and wonder what life would have been like it we stayed there or what they have done to it inside. Definitely in the country there. Little main street and 45 min. drive to the closest mall. 30 minutes to your closest food and dept store. When we moved here I was happy there was a grocery store 5 minutes away.

Moo-- I think knee surgery is probably like catracts, people are scared to get them done but when they do it is a mircle and wonder why they didn't get them done sooner. More recovery time for you though. Are you getting both done ? I guess they would do them one at a time or you wouldn't be able to walk. I know you knees cause you a lot of pain.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #215
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Pumba, congrats on getting the house sold, what a relief!

My appt. with the neurosurgeon was kind of iffy, LOL. He thought I would be fine with meds and sent me off. I stopped in the restroom on the way out, and then the nurse was there looking for me. He changed his mind after looking at my MRI's again and thought maybe I should get an angiogram to see if I need a stent. I told him about the $39K hospital bill, and he was OK with waiting to see if I have another "event". So nothing else happening right now.

I'm seeing the regular Dr. next week for test results, and he may send me for a stress test, he thinks I may have had a heart attack. SO we will see how that goes. Plus I have to see another Dr. and then the dentist the week after. Oh, how I regret not getting the 90% coverage for this year!

Moo, good luck with your knee surgery. I hope it is like Nab said, like cataracts. I remember how scared I was with that, and Pumba assured me it was nothing, and it was.

Sandy, sorry about your hubby's job situation, keeping all appendages crossed for you!

Otherwise really nothing to report here. Had lunch with Khaki and a couple of other old friends today, so that was nice. And I am taking tomorrow off. I need so much stuff done, like haircut and nails and pedicure plus I need new pants.

Im trying to cut out high fat/calorie foods to help out both my weight and my cholesterol. Today's lunch didn't help any
Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #216
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

marita...go to my fitness pal dot com and try this program out...it counts for you so you dont have to do any figuring..
I see where I go wrong each day and SOMETIMES what I do right...hahaha...
Or if you insurance takes care of it ...ask for a nutritious..or something not spelt like that...hahaha..

SOOOOOo now onto the party for tomorrow night and wouldnt ya know it...another storm system coming our way...please let it be AFTER everyone leaves...a ton of stuff to do but I managed to drag out the garbage can and dog poopies...out to the street...we didnt snow blow or shovel because it wasnt done last night....wicked slick out today though....
Hubby is seeing the companys doctor today to get the results of his tests that he had for his carpal tunnel...like us old birds...our hands go numb and can hurt too...I have it on my left hand and they couldnt figure this out...cause I am right handed...but my left hand and elbow are the baddies..

have a good day my friends...

Old 03-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #217
NAB

Marita-- I feel so bad you don't have insurance to cover the stuff you really need. I guess at times I take our health system for granted and not think about just being able to go to the doctor and walk out without paying etc.

They have cut things out over the years like going to the eye doctor. Used to be able to go for free but they changed it to only kids up to 18 years go free. But Joe's work covers us so we are ok. And speaking of glasses Nicholas broke his this morning. Had them in bed with him and broke the arm right off. No back up ones either. So I know what we will be doing tonight after school. He is the kids with a taped and glued arm on, not sure how long that will last.

Pumba--Hope the weather holds out for you. We are back up above 0 today but it is really cloudy out there.

Good news is it is Friday and Hubby is off this weekend!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #218
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Pumba - Great news on the house!!!

Nabbie - Just having surgery on my left knee. I don't have nearly the pain in the right knee. Although, I have heard many people who've had knee replacements say that their other knee bothered them more after having their first one done.

Marita - Sounds like it's time for you to see a cardiologist. Rough deal on your insurance co-pay situation.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #219
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

I had this long reply posted and then it went POOF. Going to bed now!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #220
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

moo...I think they said to my brother that favoring the bad knee after surgury..cause yo dont want it to hurt ..puts a lot of pressure on the knee that wasnt operated on ...so then that one hurts more...

The snow gods gave us some more snow last night...and now it is raining...hope it just rains for tonight too...I just made the two types of pasta for the three types of pasta salad...one with veggies and italian dressing in it...one with eggs and shrimp and miracle whip...and one with just eggies and miracle whip (cause my niece is allergic to shell fish)...cake is here and ice cream...chips and dips are ready...finger rolls we will pick up later...decorations are coming...anything else i need...beer is on ice and sangria is coming...

I think I have it all..

Old 03-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #221
NAB

Pumba-- Sounds like you have it all under control. Relax and enjoy your family.

It is really windy here today, I have never seen it like this before. The neighbour across the street got new shingles in Sept. and now most of them are lying on the front lawn or scattered across the neighbourhood. I feel so bad for them because it was hard to get enough money to do there roof in the first place.

I saw all the mess the tornados did in the south. So sad I hope everyone we know down that way is ok.

Weather this year is just crazy everywhere.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #222
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

the party was a huge success and we all had a blast...SHE was so surprised coming up the stairs to the living room...We had fun and the food went over great....GD made those cake pops with peanut butter icing and she wrote 40 on the top of it all...Plus the cake is almost gone thank goodness...

she had some joke gifts and also some GOOD GIFTS..she has plenty of dunkin donut gift cards...tj maxx gift cards, and a private trainer for one session...she is in heaven...

Our realtor who knows our daughter and goes to exercise boot camp with her...came and she gave us a gc to our favorite restaurant...she is such a great person...

Hope you all have a great day and i will see you later...going to NH to the big mall there with the granddaughter her boyfriend and my daughter...we are going to shop til we drop...

bye

Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #223
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Sounds like a great party, Pumba!

I am SO ready for Spring!!! We had heavy winds over the weekend and a little bit of snow, but we are looking at a warm up later this week. Yay!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #224
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Pumba, glad your party was a success.

Noting much to report here, other than I had a 3 day weekend and yet again go noting done: no nails, no haircut, no pedicure, sigh!
I was scouring the calendar for this week for an opportunity to take a day off, but just enough meetings, like 30 mins -1 hour a day, to make it not possible. Maybe next week. Or, maybe i can sneak over to the Contemp for a haircut over lunch one day and at least get that out of the way. They give discounts.

Dr. appt tomorrow for my test results, that should be fun
Old 03-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #225
NAB

Marita-- I am like you have lots of time on my hands and get nothing done. Hope everything goes good at this doctors.

Moo-- Hear you on the spring thing but really we can't complain here about the weather. It was pretty cold yesterday though. Kids even got indoor recesses so that is cold. Frosty this morning too.

Went to see about Nicholas glasses yesterday and they are going to be replaced for free she didn't even ask me how it happened.

Next week is March Break for us ....hubby is taking me to Las Vegas for an early birthday present, my birthday is March 24th. He had to tell me because I had to ask my mom if the kids could stay with her while we are gone. It will be nice to be away , just he two of us.

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: