Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #151
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Nice sunny day but cold.

My nephew and his wife had there baby on Saturday. He is a cutie. Looks like his dad.

Had a great visit with my mom. I didn't go see the baby because she had a c section and I knew there were a lot of people going to see her the frist day. It is very tiring , I remember. Did get to see pictures on fb.

Now we are home and I have wash etc to catch up on. The guys are all excited about the Super Bowl tonight. Hannah and I are not. I don't even get to see the cool commericals you guys get because I get Canadian content. Catch them all tomorrow on Youtube.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #152
NAB

Wow , I get to post two in a row....

Another beautiful day weather wise. Hannah even wore her spring coat this morning. They said Feb was going to be a warm one. I like it. Only thinkg is if we get a little bit of snow or cold it hits us harder.

Kids were tired this morning because they stayed up to watch the Super Bowl. Even got to see U.S commericals this time, usually the Canadian station takes over if it is on a Canadian and U.S Station. I miss a lot of previews this way too. Hannah only stayed up because hubby was feeding the whole time. I went to bed early and read my book.

Semester two starts today, half the school year done.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #153
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

good morning everyone...

yesterday was an unbelievable day...Ava and I even went for a walk outside...we live up on a hilly area so the wind was blowing a wee bit but the sun and the air was awesome...Ava asked for her trike but I said maybe later...still had some ice in places..
Supposed to be another warm day today too....YIPPEE...maybe high 40s but still a warm day..yesterday reaches the mid 50s ...we had a tropical heat wave almost...hahaha

Electric has been put back in the "other apt house" and the guy that is planning to buy it...has the appraisers coming tomorrow...fingers crossed that it goes well...

Someone called last night and wants the round Oak antique parlor stove...we arent asking for a killing just to get rid of it out of the garage...then some more leg room...or storage room I should say...we will never be able to put the truck in the garage but that is okey..

hope you all have a great day

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #154
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I just got nothing to report at all
Which is better than reporting bad stuff Just very routine days without anything interesting at all.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #155
NAB

Well winter has found us again today. It is cold out there who would have thought.

Nicholas is causing waves again with the whole girlfriend thing. When will it end. I thought she was a nice Catholic girl....you would never know it by what she posts, pictures and all . I check his sites once and awhile and boy the last few were eye opening and troubling. This is not the first time we told them to cut it out either. I am about ready to call her parents. How does one protect there children when they don't thinik they need it. Who know it would start at 14.

Well nothing on my agenda but the normal cleaning stuff today. At least the sun is out that is a plus.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #156
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

nothing good to report from here.

I still have a cold, still taking care of 2 dogs. I havent been called to sub in 3 weeks... and dh was let go from his new job (huge anger from me - they hired hi to do one thing - then threw him into something they knew he knew nothing about... and when he couldnt perform it over the weekend, they no longer needed him. 3 guys were hired with dh, all over 40 - the supervisor was 26, asked dh to lie to a client, dh skirted it, and client went 'no thanks' supervisor now in a bad light - so dh is no longer with the company) oh and its my birthday. whoopdeboohoodoo.
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #157
NAB

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY!

:drin king1

HOPE THIS CHEERS YOU UP SOME!

Last edited by NAB; 02-08-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: I lost that darn birthday list....maybe hubby put it somewhere...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #158
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Major bummer, Sandy. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Marita - Glad you checked in anyway Not much new to report here so I can share them. Maybe this weekend.

Nabbie - Yikes! Maybe you need to homeschool Nicholas for a while . . .

Pumba - Fingers still crossed on your house sale
Old 02-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #159
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning all..
TEMP outside is a balmy 14..sun is shining and it is crisp...air smells good..

yesterday the bank appraiser was supposedly due at our house..no one is allowed to go with him...example..the realtor or a bank person or the owners...no one...so our realtor mailed him the key and fingers are crossed...our realtor did say that the potential person is now into this for 1500 dollars...so hopefully the appraisal comes out fine..

happy Belated birthday to you Sandy...and prayers that all comes out okey for your dh...

have a good one everyone

Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #160
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

TGIF! Super busy week at work. I am SO happy the weekend is finally here!

We are really getting hit with the cold and snow, though. The drive home was rather scary with the roads being so slippery. I took some back roads part way because the freeway was very icy.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #161
NAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Moo View Post
TGIF! Super busy week at work. I am SO happy the weekend is finally here!

We are really getting hit with the cold and snow, though. The drive home was rather scary with the roads being so slippery. I took some back roads part way because the freeway was very icy.
Same here Moo, just came in from getting Nicholas from the dance. He was volunteering so we had to go out. Snowing right now but suppose to get to -20 tonight so they think it will be really bad in the morning with a flash freeze overnight. I am ok but hubby has to come home in the morning from work.

We can stay in tomorrow and have a p.j. day. Don't need to go anywhere. Hubby will sleep all day so the kids will have to be quiet but they can do it. Computers, games and TV will keep them busy. Wash and reading will keep me going. Maybe even a nap... really tired lately.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #162
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

we are expecting snow this afternoon...and I am going to the DISNEY ON ICE show with my DIL and the two munchkins...wont be home until this evening...

Our granddaughter is sleeping...she and her boyfriend came here for the weekend because he has an interview in another city close by...for development something or other...he gets his Masters in May...the day we fly out to go to Disney...so we miss his grad again....last year he got his BS and we missed that too...

We sold the antique Oak round parlor stove and hubby is putting the money into a money order and sending it to his brother...of course his brother said he would throw away a check if we mailed it...so hubby is doing the money order one...that way ..its not us anymore...hahaha...we are sneaky...it was bil's stove from the parents house...hubby got things he wanted...and the other brother got things he wanted...they all were happy...but we have had the stove for the last upteen years in our house and then in this house..we took care of it ..

well I guess i should get off this thing and clean up a bit...have a great day my friends...no matter where you are..

and nab...boys....girls....drama....stuff.....one day at a time ...cause some time it will end and then you will look back and say.....how come my baby is turning 40 in a few weeks (my baby ..daughter will be 40 at the end of the month)..

Old 02-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #163
NAB

Pumba -- How was the ice show? We see it advertised all the time but have never been to one.

We have been getting snow all weekend. Enough to shovel, maybe 2 inches.Then it is suppose to be nice and sunny again tomorrow and warmer so it will all melt. Got to love this winter weather. Hannah wanted a snow day, that is not going to happen.

Nicholas had me go to the mall after church to find his girlfriend a Valentine's gift. She has a peanut allergy so all the boxed candy was out. He ended up getting her Hersey Kisses and a small teddy bear. Hannah bought her dad a Toberone in a box shaped like a rose. I was looking at cards but was not going to pay that much for card , even for him. I will use Hannah's construction paper and make him a paper heart.

Sad to see Whitney Houston died yesterday. I loved her music but she was in a bad place for a while with drugs. I will catch the Grammy's tonight to see them pay respects to her. Of course my kids don't know who she is , she was in my time I guess. Thought it was funny of ABC to have a special report saying she died right in the middle of watching Charlie Brown's Valentine's show. Hannah was like who is that.....
Old 02-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #164
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

the Ice show was amazing...the lights and the music...I felt like I was in Disney ...Megan was in awe...she was hopping in her chair and clapping to the music...she was so excited...Of course I didnt think that kids would appreciate the skating and the talent of these young people..It was fantastic..
This was a Christmas Present from my grandkids...to go with them to see this...After we went to Mcdonalds...Fil and I wanted chinese but it was owens turn to choose..SOOOOOOO I splurged on my diet and had two cheeseburgers small fries and then a vanilla shake with a cherry and also whipped cream...BOY DID I GO OVER MY CARBs..but it was good...I get Mc D's maybe three or so times a year...I love those little bitty onions...hahaha

see you all tomorrow my friends

Old 02-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #165
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

It was interesting to see how the Grammys handled Whitney's passing. Kind of sad, especially Jennifer Hudson's song, but I thought they did a pretty good job. I was really excited to hear Adele sing after her vocal cord surgery and loved seeing how many Grammys she won. I think it's time for me to purchase her CDs. I also enjoyed Bruno Mars' and Taylor Swift's performances. Nicki Manaj, Dead Mau5 and Foo Fighters . . . not so much!!!

Pumba - Glad to hear that you enjoyed Disney on Ice!

Nabbie - I had a pretty low key weekend. I think I am still in a bit of a funk after cruising and getting a taste of the warm weather in Florida and the Bahamas!!! I have been too lazy to upload and post any vacation photos. I'll try to do that sometime this week.

HOWEVER, I should be able to book our Aulani fall trip on Wednesday!!!!! Hopefully, getting that settled will get me out of my doldrums. Flights to Hawaii are super expensive I need to figure out how to find a better price. I may see if Disney is able to get a lower fare.

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: