Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #31
NYCDiane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slytherinchick View Post
Hello everybody
I thought I would pop in and say hello.
I live in the Uk and I know you will be ashamed of me, we hardly use coupons here, theres almost a embarrasment factor in it.
I have however discovered extream couponing on SKY tv and I love it.
I am on Holiday in August and I will be staying in a villa and will be stocking up in Wall Mart the evening we get there and I am determind to get the mosy for my money, sooooooooooo laidies and tips you can give to train this novice is greatly recieved.
Hope you didnt mind me popping in xxx

That's kind of funny that people would be embarrassed to use coupons. I would be embarrassed to give away more money than I have to if there were coupons available.

Anyway, most of the train riders here are NOT "extreme couponers". We just clip, share, and try to save as much as we can. On a full shopping trip, I know I can save between $50-$60 and I'm happy with that. I don't need to fill my home up with bottles of vitamin water or thousands of toothbrushes to feel I've accomplished something. As long as I can get what we need and save a nice amount of money, I'm happy

Are you staying here the full month of August? Wal Mart would be a great place to stock up on paper goods and other dry goods (such as pasta, cereals, canned vegs, etc). I'm not sure if the Wal Mart that you will be near will have a refrigerated/frozen section or a produce section. You should consider buying your meats at a regular supermarket if you're a meat-eater. The produce at Wal Mart is pretty good and reasonably priced.

As far as health/beauty aids, Wal Mart would be the best place for that also. They have the best prices on hair and body products. They also have a full wellness section and a pharmacy.
NYCDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #32
ShiPooOwner
Fan of WDW now and forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slytherinchick View Post
Hello everybody
I thought I would pop in and say hello.
I live in the Uk and I know you will be ashamed of me, we hardly use coupons here, theres almost a embarrasment factor in it.
I have however discovered extream couponing on SKY tv and I love it.
I am on Holiday in August and I will be staying in a villa and will be stocking up in Wall Mart the evening we get there and I am determind to get the mosy for my money, sooooooooooo laidies and tips you can give to train this novice is greatly recieved.
Hope you didnt mind me popping in xxx
Hi Slytherinchick! First off, I must say don't think much of what you see on "Extreme Couponing" is typical of those of us who use coupons. Very few of us have shopping trips like you see on there. Some of those people have even been arrested for fraudulent coupon use.

I wish I had some good ideas for you but unless you're going to be in FL for several weeks and can buy the Sunday newspapers that have the coupon inserts in them, I can't think of anything helpful that wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg (like buying coupons from a clipping site or Ebay ahead of time). Unfortunately, postal rates between the USA and England are expensive. Even a lightweight letter costs about a dollar to mail from here to there. You would probably be paying more in postage than you would save using the coupons. Also most coupons expire within a few weeks to a couple months so they might expire before you get a chance to use them.

Anyone else on the train have any good ideas for Slytherinchick? Sorry I can't be more helpful.
ShiPooOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #33
NYCDiane
DIS Veteran

The only idea I can come up with is that if Slytherinchick is going to be here for a while would be to buy the Sunday paper with coupon inserts and hit the coupon sites while here to print out some coupons.
NYCDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #34
ShiPooOwner

Honeybunches

Just returned from the post office where I deposited your envies (2) in the mailbox outside. They'll be heading your way tomorrow. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #35
LindaB73
Earning My Ears

MILMORE104 - WELCOME!! I have two envies I am sending out today. But a warning - our post office is notoriously slow so don't get worried if I post and it takes a while to get to you . Plus it is snowing like a out there!
LindaB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #36
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Hereyago - I have your envie ready and will mail it tomorrow.

MsHershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #37
ladytink75
Mouseketeer

VADisneyGuy

I dropped your envie off at the post office today. Since there is no mail today it will be shipped out tomorrow

HERE YOU LEAVE TODAY AND ENTER THE WORLD OF YESTERDAY, TOMORROW AND FANTASY

2008 Paradise Pier
2009 All Star Sports & Coronado Springs
ladytink75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #38
ShiPooOwner

New Rider Boarding the Train on 1/9

NHTinkerbell
Old 01-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #39
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiPooOwner View Post
NHTinkerbell
Welcome NHTinkerbell!!!!!!!!!!
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #40
julieamedeiros
Can't wait to go back!

JULIEAMEDEIROS, an envelope is stuffed and sitting on my counter, waiting for the post office to be open![/QUOTE]

Awesome - have been getting them just fine...Thanks

michellepooh - envie ready to go out tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #41
V4dice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDiane View Post
You're welcome!!!!

I sent you one on Friday (was that one of the 2 you received?)

Anyway, I didn't get an envie from my buddy last week (optional week) so I have nothing to send out on Tuesday. I had gotten today's inserts early (on Wednesday or Thursday) so I clipped them and sent them out in the envie to you on Friday.
One of the envelopes was the one you sent on Friday (I got in on Saturday). I was surprised to see you already had Sunday's coupons in the envelope I figured you must have gotten the inserts early. Don't worry about an envelope this week since you don't have anything to send...the last envelope will make up for it and I will just send along whatever is in Sunday's paper for next week. Thanks again for the great envelopes!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #42
hanutedmansionmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiPooOwner View Post
NHTinkerbell
Welcome aboard!!

WHEW - made it to the new thread and we're already several pages in! wheeeeee!
12/29 $21.75

*I'll give it another day or 2 for totals if anyone else has December savings to post*

Sent an envie to cameron today gotta love the 24 hour kiosk thingy when it's working!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to many savings in the New Year!
hanutedmansionmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #43
hmcfall711
DIS Veteran

AnnMichelle smal envie ready to go to the PO tomorrow.

I haven't gotten anything new in a few weeks from my train buddy. Hopefully I'll have more for you soon.
AKV-Oct. '14 AK-Jambo&POP&Dream&DWL (14 days!) May '14, AKV Dec. '13, Aulani July '13, POP Nov'12, AOA&AKV Oct '12, AKV May '12, AKV Mar '12, OKW Dec '11, AKV May 11, POP/AKL Mar. '11, POP/BLT Nov.'10, HHR July '10, AKV Mar. '10 AKV Oct. '09 DWLV & Wonder July '09, Pop & SSR Mar. '09, DVC members-- AKV Oct. '08, Land (CRB)/ Sea (Wonder) Oct. '08, Pop Oct. '07, CBR Oct. '06, All-Star Music Mar. '06, All-Star Sports Oct. '05, All-Star Music Mar. '04
hmcfall711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #44
vaDisneyGuy
Mouseketeer

LORIABIL ENVIE Going out first thing in the am.
vaDisneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #45
ibleedblue
DIS Veteran

SCDisneyMom...your envie is all stuffed and ready to go. I'll drop it in the box at work tomorrow! Have a great week!
ibleedblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: