Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #16
delo4
Mouseketeer
I am not a fancy food eater

We did a B2B on the Dream in October. This was our 21st cruise. Since we would be repeating menus on the 2nd part of our B2B, our server asked us if there was anything special we would like to request for dinner that may not be on the menu. Our daughter remembered a great dish called Crab Martinique that used to be on the Magic, but was no longer offered on the menu. Our server said that he would see what he could do.

Well, the next night at dinner we had 7 Baked Crab Martiniques to eat. Now, what made this so special is that the Chef from the Dream emailed the chef from the Magic to get the recipe. The Chef said that since he had all the ingredients on board, he was glad to make a special treat for us. it was fantastic!!

A couple of things that happened in our previous cruises -

One morning we were eating breakfast at Parrot Cay during the Character breakfast. I was looking at the menu and realized that they did not have French toast on the menu like they do in Lumiere's. I mentioned it to the person sitting next to me, not the server. Well, a few minutes later a dish of french toast appeared. My server had heard me say something to the person next to me and she ran over to Lumiere's kitchen and got a plate for me.

Another time, we were eating in a dining room at dinner and in looking at the menu, realized that they no longer offered the chicken wings we used to love as an appetizer. Again, we did not mention this to our server, just talking among ourselves. The next night at dinner, 7 plates of chicken wings arrived before our dinner. The server asked the Chef if he could make them even though they were no longer offered on the cruise. Amazing!

On one of our cruises, the chef appeared at our table and told us we were his special guests of the cruise. We could order any food we wanted to even if it was not on the menu. Some others at our table really wanted some Indian food. The next night, bowls and bowls of food served family style were sent to our table.

This is one of the many reasons we continue to sail Disney. We love their customer service and attention to detail.
delo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #17
bethnmike2002
Mouseketeer

It has been a few years since we've been on a Disney Cruise but we had a bit of magic on the Magic, after a bit of "mischief." My SIL was getting married and DH and I were travelling with our 2 children (then ds = 3 y/o and dd = 5 months) so we decided to ship a box of stuff ahead. (diapers, toys and the wedding present). Well, by the end of day 1, our box had not yet been delivered. This is when we met Mariska at guest services. She provided us with diapers and told us she would look into the situation with the boxes.

Day 2, still no boxes. Mariska, again, supplied us with diapers (regular and swim). Eventually, Mariska herself went into the bowels of the ship, located our boxes and saw that they were delivered to our room. Everyday for the rest of the 7 day cruise, Mariska delivered small gifts to each of my kids. We got pictures, puzzles and washcloths. It made every day very special.

On a previous cruise on the Magic, DH and I were celebrating our anniverary and we went to Palo for dinner on our anniversary. Well, our regular servers must have missed us, because when we got back to our room after Palo, our servers had delivered a cake to our room with a hand drawn card.

We head out in 14 days for another anniversary cruise and we've already rec'd some pixie dust in the form of a complimentary upgrade from a 9c to a 5b. Just being on the boat is going to be WONDERful.

WDW Fairytale Wedding 1/20/2002
DCL - 3 Day 1/2002
DCL - 7 Day Eastern 1/2003
DCL - 7 Day Western 5/2005
WL - 1/2012
DCL - 7 Day Mexican Riviera 1/15/2012
DVC Member since 2002
WDW AP Holder 2001-2014
Too many WDW visits to count
"Been there, done that, GOING BACK!"
Taking our first trip to the Dark Side 8/2014
bethnmike2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2011, 08:43 PM   #18
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

I love hearing that there are little bits of magic spread out for some! I know that it isn't the norm, but when those things happen, it is so much the better!

We were wandering around the Magic on our first cruise, and when we were down one hallway, a door opened up and out stepped Snow White. There was no one around, so our girls had a good 5 minutes of her time just chatting it up. That was one of the best and most memorable times we have had onboard, and pretty much sealed the deal with Disney for our family, at least for a while!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #19
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Some may not see this as pixie dust...

But we met a nice couple through our dis meet group who we are actually sailing with again in 53 days....

Making a friend.....what could get much better than that!!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
tessasmom
Mouseketeer

On our recent 12/4 Dream cruise. Our first Disney cruise btw! DD (21 months) had a few meltdowns due to the fact she didn't want to sleep and miss anything( who could blame her). We were walking in the atrium one day and DD saw a character meet going on downstairs. The line was long and DD does not yet understand she needs to patiently wait in line. DD throws herself down on the floor in full out tantrum. We CM, Leslie who is the Future Cruise Sales Manager got down on the floor with DD and talked her down from her tantrum. So here is a toddler and adult both laying on the floor in the middle of the atrium. DH and I were mortified, what a scene! We thanked Leslie
profusely and took DD to the cabin for a nap. Later, after dinner when we returned to our cabin and on DD's bed was a note to Princess Tessa along with a stuffed Tinkerbell doll. The note said, Princess Tessa, thank you for teaching Tnkerbell how to be beautiful". Amazing, unexpected. we of course mentioned Leslie on our comment card. Also on my birthday our servers, Putra and Ibrahim presented me with a hand made card.

We are booked for the Fantasy 11/30/13 and can't wait!!

AoA 11/2013~Fantasy Eastern 11/2013
DREAM 12/4/2011~ FANTASY 11/30/13~ AOA 11/28/13~POP 12/1/2011~WDW too many times to count as a child!
tessasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #21
MrSanderz
It all comes of liking honey so much

On our Sept 2009 cruise we had a Magical Moment when we got to be the first family on Castaway Cay. We went to the tender area early because we wanted to get off as soon as possible. There was only one other couple on the stairs and the doors were not opened yet. A castmember opened the doors, saw us, and closed the doors again. A few minutes later he came out and asked if we could assist them with clearing the ship for passengers to go ashore. Of course we said Yes!
They took us through the doors and security officer Bob showed us how the bag screeners work. He then put a bag through which had some fake weapons in it along with other random metal items. When my DD (age 11 at the time) determined that the security machines were working she got to radio the captain on the bridge and tell him the ship was clear for debarkation.
We then got to go onto the island with about a 15 minute head start of everyone else.
When we got back to our stateroom that evening they had delivered to us a Magical Moments certificate and a 5 X 7 photo of the experience.

Here we are checking the screening machines. Bob let my DD wear his uniform cap.

Here is DD talking to the ship's captain.

We are the only guests on the island!

March 2007 7-night Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic August 2007 12-night Med RCCL Brilliance of the Seas May 2008 7-night Mexican Riviera Disney Magic

September 2009 8 nights at WDW, 4 night DCl Wonder and 2 nights at The Hard Rock Hotel--our first trip to the World!!!! June 2010 10-night Baltic Star Princess January 2011 7-night Eastern Caribbean RCCL Allure of the Seas January 2012 5-night w/2 Cabo days Carnival Spirit June 2012 12-night Med Carnival Breeze January 2013 NYE trip to WDW, Universal and Carnival Dream cruise January 2014 NYE trip to WDW and Universal
MrSanderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #22
MrSanderz
It all comes of liking honey so much

I should add that later that day my younger DD lost her tooth while on Castaway Cay. I told guest services about it and that night when we returned from dinner there was pixie dust (confetti) in our stateroom along with a letter from Tinkerbell congratulating her on her lost tooth.

March 2007 7-night Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic August 2007 12-night Med RCCL Brilliance of the Seas May 2008 7-night Mexican Riviera Disney Magic

September 2009 8 nights at WDW, 4 night DCl Wonder and 2 nights at The Hard Rock Hotel--our first trip to the World!!!! June 2010 10-night Baltic Star Princess January 2011 7-night Eastern Caribbean RCCL Allure of the Seas January 2012 5-night w/2 Cabo days Carnival Spirit June 2012 12-night Med Carnival Breeze January 2013 NYE trip to WDW, Universal and Carnival Dream cruise January 2014 NYE trip to WDW and Universal
MrSanderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #23
Bareacuda
DIS Veteran

2005 EBPC day of boarding was very tough on me(long horrible story), probably cried for a few hours. Pulling myself together Dh and I had a quiet dance in the hallway as we were able to get to our room.
A CM happened to walk by and smiled, turned to Dh and said that no one dances with her anymore. Seconds later DH was dancing with her. He bowed and lead her to the elevators, and off she went.
After dinner we received a plate of chocolate covered strawberries
And everyday after that something different. After some investagation on our part... she was head of Room Service.

I love all these stories
Old 01-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #24
Sunshineminnie
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for sharing their stories! This thread started my New Year's Day off right!
Sunshineminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #25
socababy
DIS Veteran

Our magical moments came in large part due to our wonderful concierge Tawanda. He had us meet him at Cadillac Lounge around 7:55 each night and he would take us through the Lounge, and then through some secret halls that led us to the bottom of the theatre. When the doors opened to the top of the theatre, he would let us in through the bottom and we were able to grab front row seats. The kids loved being able to see the shows so close up!

Our second magical moment was so not necessary! We had inquired with a CM while in line for a character pic earlier in the week about whether or not Jessie or Woody would be available for pics somewhere. The kids were going to be dressed up on Toy Story night and I would have loved to have pics taken. He said no but to ask at the theatre that night if the kids could take some pics on stage after the show next to the props. So I asked Tawanda if that would be possible and he told me he'd get back to me with an answer. He found me at dinner that night and told me that unfortunately due to copy right issues, etc, that we would not be able to take pics on stage. I said that is no problem at all! Well the next day, I come back to our room and there is a huge gift shop bag sitting on the floor. Inside it was talking Jessie, Woody and Buzz dolls for the kids! There was a letter from Nathan the stage manager apologizing for not being able to accomadate our request. I was so touched that he did this but it was so unnecessary! The kids thought it was so cool!

I am happy to read on another thread that Jessie and Woody are available to take pics on the Dream as we will be on her next August! We did, however, get some awesome pics of the kids in their TS clothes without the characters!

MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #26
mddisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for posting your stories. If you ask me, THIS is why we're willing to pay the extra money for Disney. We could choose to cruise on another line that may be cheaper, have more interesting ports etc. but when it comes to decision time in my house these little memory making touches and the sincere desire of the CM's to make out of the ordinary experiences, even if seemingly small, are the real differences!

Keep the stories coming...:-)
mddisneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
jerseygirl74
Mouseketeer

I love this thread. I cant wait to see what little magic happens to us on our 1st cruise. I will be happy with a kind jesture.

Keep all the wonderful stories coming.

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...7mos3xhb07.png
jerseygirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #28
Kaizen
Forever Disney

What a heartwarming way to start off 2012! We sailed the Wonder for my DD's 10th B'day in 2010 and will be going again in August. That was our first cruise and it couldn't have been more magical! We were chosen as the Family of the Cruise and received gifts and perks throughout the cruise but I think the best gift we received was some wonderful new friends. Our tablemates were so amazing. I don't know how Disney did it but they couldn't have picked a more compatible family for us! After the first dinner, we were inseparable. It made for a perfect time! All the kids got along so well and we have visited each other's houses. I am hoping to talk them into cruising with us in August.

Another gift came to us in the form of this DIS board. It was fun to chat with folks from the cruise ahead of time and then meet them in person. We were invited to a reception in the Walt suite as a result. Now that was a very special treat! Not many people get to experience that!

Once you have been spoiled by Disney there is no other consideration. I look forward to our Eastern cruise in August more for what surprises may come about than the itinerary itself!
Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #29
Glitzytraveller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
What a heartwarming way to start off 2012! We sailed the Wonder for my DD's 10th B'day in 2010 and will be going again in August. That was our first cruise and it couldn't have been more magical! We were chosen as the Family of the Cruise and received gifts and perks throughout the cruise but I think the best gift we received was some wonderful new friends. Our tablemates were so amazing. I don't know how Disney did it but they couldn't have picked a more compatible family for us! After the first dinner, we were inseparable. It made for a perfect time! All the kids got along so well and we have visited each other's houses. I am hoping to talk them into cruising with us in August.

Another gift came to us in the form of this DIS board. It was fun to chat with folks from the cruise ahead of time and then meet them in person. We were invited to a reception in the Walt suite as a result. Now that was a very special treat! Not many people get to experience that!

Once you have been spoiled by Disney there is no other consideration. I look forward to our Eastern cruise in August more for what surprises may come about than the itinerary itself!

What a great story! May I ask if you know how you were chosen to be Family of the Cruise?

Past Trips:
Disney Wonder January 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas October 2012
Disney Dream Bahamas January 2012
NCL Epic Europe Cruise May 2011
NCL Pride of Aloha Hawaii Cruise June 2005
Disney Wonder Bahamas August 2000
Disney Big Red Boat Bahamas August 1992
Glitzytraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #30
pluto1979
DIS Veteran

The entire trip for us was a Magical Moment!

Be sure to follow my blog about my life as a Disney Cast Member!
Disney Dreamer & Magic Maker
http://www.disneycm.blogspot.com
pluto1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: