Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
disney<333
DIS Veteran

It's the Spirit of the Season! You Can Feel it in the Air!

"It's the spirit of the season! You can feel it in the air!" We had the joy of watching the amazing Christmas Wishes on our most recent trip, which we just got back from three days ago. If you thought Wishes was good, you haven't seen anything yet. Christmas Wishes just started as we were coming out of the Country Bear Jamboree and on our last night when the bus pulled up to the MK the second it was starting.

Our trip was December 22-27. Yes, that falls during Christmas and no, you will not be seeing pictures of insane crowds. You will be seeing the opposite.

This was by far our most fun, most magical trip. I can't wait to share the stories and 1,500 pictures until we leave again in about 71 days. Oh, how I love our new APs!!

I hope you will join in for the fun!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Introductions is always a nice place to start, isn't it?
We have yours truly:
I am an art teacher, but I'm currently laid off. Hopefully, all of the art teachers will be brought back next year. I love Disney, scrapping, reading magazines, and spending time with my family.

My husband of 21 years, Mitchell: He is an assistant manager of the sales department of a publishing company. He really fell in love with Disney this trip.

The kids:
Emily: She turned 16 last time and is a sophomore. She plays the flute, softball, and is currently doing winter guard for her first time. Her show is called Mulan-- Disney!!

Amy: Amy is 13 and in 8th grade. She plays the clarinet, does dance, and color guard Amy LOVED the drawing class in DHS!

Amy loves pin trading! In our resort gift shop, they had a matching game you could play. You get three tries and if you win, you get a pin. Amy LOVED this!
A few more pictures from what I uploaded so far:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Saw your link on facebook and joining in!
Welcome! Thanks for coming over! I will be officially starting tonight.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
disney<333
DIS Veteran

So much pixie dust in so little time!

Sorry for the delay in getting started! I had issues with getting my computer and Photobucket to cooperate, but now we're good to go. The trip was December 22-27 and it we hadn't been in the parks in over 2 years, so we were all VERY excited.
The plan for December 22nd was to leave at 8-9ish. Mitch was up late at night with work so I doubted we would leave at our original time, but I was going to be flexible. I had my alarm set for 6:15 and used the alarm, "Bell Tower!" I thought it was appropriate for the day. I had to go on Facebook and say that it was a Disney day and then I went back to sleep. At 11, we started getting all our stuff into the Altima. We have a mini van, but it is almost 10 years old and so we don't trust it for long car rides. It's still in great condition and it will become Emily's soon. We had 3 carry on compliant hard rolling suitcases, one big suitcase, two big beach bags, a big, rolling laptop bag, and a duffel bag. No, we were not moving there. You have to pack EVERYTHING for winter. We packed bathing suits and gloves! I actually wished I had packed some tanks, but I thought there's no way in December. Boy, was I wrong. We had 2 hot days, but GORGEOUS weather. No rain!
Mitch was getting annoyed but after several tries, we got it all in! Of course when we left, the bellhop made it look so easy!

We filled up the gas tank and were on the road by 11:30. We live in South Florida and Disney is only a 3 hour drive. I am SO glad I don't have to fly to Disney! I don't know how you guys can pack with the TSA rules and with luggage size regulations. Also, I HATE flying. At about a quarter to one, we stopped for lunch. We had the peanut butter and jelly that I had packed and saved about 30 dollars. At the rest place, we saw our neighbors from across the street! What a small world. They were coming home from Disney with their whole family. We talked for a while and they have us 7 FPs for any ride in Epcot. We were so excited because it meant we could ride Soarin' that nigh! yay!

Rest of the trip was nothing to write a book about. Besides, I already rambled a lot. At around 2:30 we saw this beauty:

Yay! We found our resort, the Dolphin with out getting lost AND with out a GPS. Like the kids would say, "We're bosses!"

Amy was excited:

The lobby:

At check in, we got some exciting news.

We got an upgrade,

But not any upgrade, we got the ULTIMATE upgrade.....

A junior suite with a connecting room!!!!!! We could NOT believe it. I knew from this point that this was going to be an amazing trip. I had mentioned that we were celebrating DD's sweet sixteen when I booked. This would not be our only pixie dust from the Dolphin. Did I mention how much I LOVE that place?! We stay there for free on Sheraton points, and only pay for the resort fee and parking. We had to pay two resort fees since we had 2 hotel rooms, but the extra 12 bucks a day was so WORTH it. We were on the 7th floor, East Wing. Facing the Dolphin, from the boat dock, we were on the far left, on the balconies.
Mitch and I had the suite with a king bed and the girls had the connecting room with queen beds.
A few room pics: (Not everything, I took more later on in the trip)

The junior suite will be in another update.

We could see the Dolphin, Boardwalk, and the boats from our balcony. I enjoyed Facebooking and eating breakfast each morning.

We were all on cloud 9 and just so happy to be in Disney World. I went to go park the car and asked my family to wait for me before going to see our room, but no they just had to go check out their crib. We got to the room, turned on Stacy and unpacked. It was about 3:30 at this point. Mitch had to set up his laptop and do some work emails so, I went with the girls to explore the resort. We were going to Daisy's Garden, but I got side tracked when I saw Vera Bradley from the window of Lamont's. We did not buy anything, because we wanted to see everything there is first. We saw some people playing a matching game with a CM. You get three tries to pick two of the same card and if you win, you get a pin. This became a big hit. The girls each won a pin.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
disney<333
DIS Veteran

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Purple"]Continuing on if I may, and I can in a scientific Figment-free manner.

Mitch got a lot of emails in that he had to take care of, so it wasn't until around 5 that we were able to go out. Our plans for the evening were to go to Epcot.

. We only had to wait a couple minutes for a boat to come. The boats were FANTASTIC the whole trip. The longest we ever waited was 10 minutes and we always got seats. We decided to get off at Yacht and Beach, because the boat goes to the Boardwalk before going to Epcot and we ALWAYS beat it.

During the summer, we will watch a movie on the beach when we have more time. We did do the campfire twice this trip. It's so much fun. AND you can have as many sticks and marshmallows as you desire for free. I highly recommend this.

We had to exchange our AP vouchers in for the real deal! This only took about 5 minutes, and we were ready to go.
Not sure who's this is, but I do NOT have Donald..

The CM at the turn style said the park was only half full. Only three days before Christmas!!
If you're coming in from the International Gateway go straight to get to FW, it's SO much quicker than going right.

We saw Alice and Marry Poppins in the UK, but their lines were already cut off. Alice's handler said she was going to be in the MSEP tonight. Is that allowed?!

Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Look at how empty it is! There an ADR for Le Cellier for 4 at 5:00 2 weeks before!!

We were hungry, so we went to the Land for dinner.
Amy was the one complaining about being starving, but she just had to stop to check out every CM's pins. She is a big pin trader and wears about 15 pins now on her lanyard. I think it giver her an extra 5 pounds.

Sunshine Seasons was empty! Only half the tables were used.

I hope food pictures aren't important because these are my only ones!

SS used to be my favorite CS, but we were all so disappointed. The food was dry. Emily could not eat her chicken, and so I took it to the CM and she gave me a brand new meal of chicken. That is why I LOVE Disney. The CMs are amazing. Maybe it was just an off day at SS, but we will try out some new places before we return. There are a lot of CSs I want to try in Epcot. We've only been to SS, EU, and Liberty Inn, so we have some work to do.
We digested our food for a little while, went to the bathroom, and then used some FPs from our neighbor to ride Soarin'. Standby was 80 minutes. Line with FPs was 30 minutes.

I missed you and your voice, Patrick!

Soarin' to control tower, we are ready for take off.
Soarin' was amazing as ALWAYS!

When we got out of the land it was 7 and we wanted to go on Figment, but it had just closed for the night. We settled on Spaceship Earth instead. The wait was only 5 minutes.

We were having such an amazing time and it was only the first night! There was so much more fun to be had still! Weather was gorgeous and crowds were light. I was comfortable in shorts.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
MeMom
DIS Veteran

The trees in the resorts are so big and so beautiful. I did get to visit quite a few resorts on this trip, so I have a ton of pictures of awesome Disney Christmas decor.

So cool about your upgrade. What a great way to start a trip!

Soarin' - I could ride it ever single day of a trip.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Mitch and Emily live in the ocean, apparently. Their picture was funny faces and they just goofed off with theirs (I doubt they even chose the correct language!), while Amy and I took the task of designing our future rather seriously.

At this point Mitch and I wanted to walk around the World and the girls wanted to go on some more rides so we split up. The kids went on Test Track single rider and Miss Space-Green for their first time. Amy was terrified to go on, but of them ended up loving it and now it's on their must do list for every time. Test Track single rider had a 15 minute wait and MS was walk on. Like I said, this was our first time in a Disney theme park since Thanksgiving 2009 and I could remember where the bathrooms are, but we got lost and even had to ask for directions to get to attractions. I did do well in the WS, however. I didn't use a map, because I refuse to be one of those people staring at maps and looking like they have no clue in the world where they're going. I didn't take any pictures at this time. I just held hands with my hubby and we took in all the sights and were just happy to be in Disney. At about a quarter to 9, we met back up with the kids at Nemo and we walked right on. The sign said 5 minutes, but that's because it takes 5 minutes to walk up to the front. I don't know what Disney was thinking when they built that huge queue. It never has a line. Same thing with my Target. I live in a small town and I think my Target parking lot is as big as Epcot's.

We got off and Crush was already closed. There was only about 3 families in the seas. We walked out at around 9:05ish and started to make our way to the International Gateway via Canada. Illuminations was going to be at 9:30. There was people in the WS, but it was still very light. It looked like September and it was 3 days before Christmas. Where were all the crowds?! We were going to go as far as we can and just stop where we landed right before the show started. We made it to the UK and got second row seats right on the water. There was 5 minutes until the show started.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Starting the day after Thanksgiving, Illuminations has a Christmas ending and this was my first time seeing it. It is regular Illuminations and then afterwards they have a 5 minute Christmas ending. I could not help it. I cried. Each country lights up one at a time and they say "Goodwill to men" in their language. It's amazing. When it ended, we walked with passion to the boat. We wanted to get there before everybody else. We got seats on the first boat, which was pulling up as we arrived. There was another boat pulling up as ours lift. The boat launch service was awesome. First stop was either YC/BC or BW. We were feeling pretty wild still, so we got off at the BW and walked around for a little while. There was a little girl sitting in a chair getting her caricature done and she had just had enough. She threw herself out of the chair and starting kicking and screaming. She was done. One second happy, and the next huge meltdown. I'm glad my days of that are way over. There was some kind of act that was drawing a huge crowd, but we couldn't see so we continued on to find the lobby.

The resorts are decorated really nice for Christmas. We visited 6 on this trip. I told the girls about George, and we all wanted to meet him.

There was one teen swimming.

In the summer, we will be taking some late night swims at Disney. We LOVE swimming at night at our pool at home, but we only use the pool from May-October.
We got back to the room at 10:30 and lights were out at 11. We kept the connecting door open. We were having such a great time and it was only the first day. We were off to such a magical start.
Coming up next: Will we make 8 AM rope drop?
Old 01-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
The trees in the resorts are so big and so beautiful. I did get to visit quite a few resorts on this trip, so I have a ton of pictures of awesome Disney Christmas decor.

So cool about your upgrade. What a great way to start a trip!

Soarin' - I could ride it ever single day of a trip.
I love visiting resorts. It's nice to see all the different decorations and it's a great way to escape the crowds. On this trip, I visited the BW, BC, YC, GF, Poly, and WL.
The upgrade definitely made a nice start to the trip.
I think I could ride Soarin' every day of my life.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #12
disney<333
DIS Veteran

The plan for the next morning was to make rope drop at the Magic Kingdom, which was at 8. Easy for some of us, others not so much. I set the alarm on my phone for 6:30 and Emily woke me up at 6 and said "Come on! We're going to be late." Like a little kid at Christmas! Emily is my early riser as she wakes up at 5:30 for school. Amy, on the other hand, would sleep until noon, if she was allowed to. I promised E that we would get there on time if we woke up when the alarm went off. That got her to go back to sleep for 15 minutes. Mitch knew he had a phone call for work at 11 and so depending on the amount of email he would either do RD with us or meet us after his phone call. He was able to come with us and got moving fairly quickly for somebody who claims to tolerate Disney for us. Amy was not easy to get moving. We had breakfast in the room, which we brought from home. Donuts, muffins, bananas, etc. I took my phone and breakfast and went out on to the balcony. It was 65 the high of the day was going to be almost 90. I called the front desk because there was something wrong with the AC. Whenever I tried to make it warmer, it would not move. Someone came to look at it right as we were walking out of the door at 7:20, so we had to explain the situation to him. We got to the bus stop at 7:30 and a MK bus pulled up as we were approaching. The bus was mostly empty and everyone got seats, but that's because we had to go pick up everybody and their brother at the Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club. I was getting nervous because I desperately wanted to beat the train to the train station. At 7:54 we pulled into the parking booth. The pulled up to stop number 3 at 8:02 and we were in the parks at 8:05. We just missed the opening show, which I have never seen.
We got to the parks just after rope drop each time this trip and I have to say I like this method better. The crowds are gone and you can make your way to where you're going with out having to rush.

Hello, my pretty!

I was so happy to be seeing the castle! It had been over two years. My castle and I needed a reunion.

I have the same sweatshirt. The back says "Where there are no strangers, just friends you have not met"

I was a little snappy happy, in case you have not noticed.
Good morning, tomorrowland.

First ride of the day- walk on.

We all went individually. Emily, who is in Driver's Ed, was horrible and blamed it on not having enough leg room. Yea, right.
Emily really liked it. Now I had done some research on the best MK rope drop raid plan and my family was doubting me. "Shouldn't we be riding Mission Space?" "The line for Peter Pan is getting longer as I speak" I said that I know what I am doing and will take full responsibility for any issues. The park was empty and it was 8:15.
Second ride- again, walk on.

I rode with Emily and Amy and Mitch rode together. We got stuck for a good 5 minutes in the first room of shooting. The walls went up, but you could not shoot. It was cool to take time to take it all in. When it did restart, our scores were reset. Aw man! I have to get all of my 200 points again!

No I don't suck at Buzz that much, this was right after our scores were reset.

Some scores at one point. I don't know who they belong to.

Reached pic limit.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #13
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Red neck ride pics:

Amy and Mitch went to go ride Space Mountain, which had a short line, while Emily and I made our way to Fantasyland.
I don't have a 3 year old, but I requested to ride Dumbo because he was lonely and we can't have that. Also, this would be our last ride with the same view. Dumbo is now closed and Storybook Circus is opening March 12. That is the first day of the girls' spring break and we hope to take a short trip. After all, we have APs.
Isn't this a pretty sight?! We made it onto the 2nd round.

Like mother, like daughter, and daughter's daughter. What do you think Jill and MeMom?!

Soarin' to control tower, we are ready for take off. Oops! Sorry! Wrong park.

I'm going to miss this view, but I am excited about whats to come.
Emily snapped a pic of herself.

And one of us

A look over the wall. A lot has changed in 3 weeks.

MK was empty!

I know we rode Peter Pan, but I can't find the pics. We also got FPs.
Next was a walk on Pooh! This was our first time seeing the updated queue, but no one was playing with it. Do people normally play with it? Is it just because the line was almost walk on?!

Hello, Christopher Robin. You bring back many memories of when my girls were little. You were very important to Emily growing up.

Emily and I both cried because of nostalgia during the new movie last summer. Amy did not remember it. It's a shame they took Pooh off of Disney Channel. It's so sweet and innocent. We are grateful for the ride having original CR. I don't think today's littles know who he is.
Another self portrait of E.

Mitch called when we in the Pooh gift shop and said they were done with Space and the Teacups and we agreed to meet up at the entrance to small world. He said he was already on. I said we'll wait for you outside of the exit and we'll ride all together. We waited 20 minutes. I think they got stuck or something.

Next was:

Old 01-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #14
disney<333
DIS Veteran

The girls were taking videos through out the trip and when we were waiting to be let inside one of them said "Say hi guys!" We obliged and said "Hi guys!" As did our 'extended family.' A family, who was on their first trip, also said "Hi guys" and called us their extended family. Then when we got into the stretching room, the daughter said "Let's stand with out extended family."
I don't remember who rode with who. I think it was Me with Mitch and the girls together. I read about how they changed the ending when the ghosts go in your car, but completely forgot about it. We all got a hoot out of the ghosts exchanging their faces for ours. It was hot when we got off, so we went to the bathroom to change into our shorts, which were in the park bags.

I don't know why I didn't jump in for a pic. Donald is my favorite. The group in front of us had a great experience with Donald. One kid was wearing Donald ears while the other two were wearing Mickey ears. For the picture, Donald positioned the Donald wearing ears kid with him and positioned the other two very far to the side. It was so funny!
It was a good thing Amy's pin necklace has some Donald pins or else he would of freaked out.

It was after 10 at this time and time for a snack. We went to Sleepy Hollow and got a soft serve, ice cream cookie sandwich, and a funnel cake. The ice cream cookie sandwich was good, but I'm not sure about the other two. I was FP runner because Mitch's leg was bothering him. I walked with passion to Main Street to get FPs for Mickey and then to Frontierland to get Splash FPs. Mickey does not affect your ride FPs, but the princesses do. You have to get the Mickey FP before the ride and not the other way around. Very important!
On my way, I got a little side tracked.

Lots of fun distractions to distract me from my task. I was racing the rate of the ice cream's melting process.

People were just arriving and I had already gotten so much done.

Goodbye for now, Castle.

On to Adventure Land. Lines were short here.
Check out the crowds.

After obtaining FPs, I made my way back to Sleepy Hollow and finished the ice cream cookie sandwich! SO GOOD! Only a snack credit, too, if you're on the DDP. You get two giant cookies with a lot of ice cream in between. It's $4.50 OOP. Total for the snacks was $17.
11:00 was approaching and Mitch had to go find his way towards a quiet spot for his phone call. He found a place by Tony's. We were both relieved, because we thought he would have to go a resort. The girls and I went to go see the fairies. The wait time said 15 minutes, but we waited 10. The fairies are Amy's favorite. I updated my Facebook status and said "11:00 2 days before X-Mas and the longest line in the park is 30 minutes." I could not believe how low the crowds were. The CM had to keep reminding us to stay on the blue tiles, we could not contain our excitement, including me. We got to see 2 fairies. There is usually 3, though. We saw Rosetta and Tink. They were such a hoot! Rosetta saw E's b-day button and asked her how many seasons she was turning. Rosetta also complemented the garden on my shirt. She had cute way of asking where we're from, but I can't remember it. I know she called Amy's pin necklace treasures. That's all I can remember, but we had great character interaction with both Tink and Rosetta. Sorry for the blurry pics, I gave the CM my camera.

Next was pirates, right as we walked into the line, Mitch called and said he was done so we got out of line to meet up with him. We got in line for pirate goofy. Mitch came back with celebrating buttons for the girls and happily ever after buttons for us. I told him that they are for just married couples. He still insisted we where them. What a cutie! Bless his heart.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #15
disney<333
DIS Veteran

We had great interaction with Goofy too! Amy dropped something and Goofy bent down, picked it up, and dusted it off with his shirt. The handler said "Careful, Matey! Don't lose ya treasures."

After, we walked on Pirates. Some more crowd shots:

We had gotten Jungle Cruise FPs at some point and went to go use them.

Our skipper was Tyler. He was great. I recorded the whole thing on my Iphone while I took pics on the camera. This was common through out the trip. These butterflies can grow from 12 inches to a whooping 1 foot. Some say they are the rulers of the jungle.

I told the guy at the bottom, Hauntus that he can't outrun a rhino. Now that rhino is trying to Poke-a-Hauntus.

It's the backside of water! You can see that at home. Well you can, but you'll just hit your head on the back of the faucet. Trust me, I speak from experience. Be careful! Ginger snaps! She's one tough cookie! I'm sorry!! That was a crummy joke.
I could take a picture of the elephants because they have their trunks on.

Now comes the worst part: the return to civilization. Please watch your children. If you lose them, 24 hours later, they become property of Walt Disney. We will glue their feet to IASW and teach them the song in 15 languages. When I was 13, I was hula girl. It's an awkward age anyway. If you enjoyed this, then I'm Barbara and this has been a day at the MK and if not then this is MeMom and a Mingo just went flying!
I was outstanding. You're welcome, but now I need you guys to be out standing. It's like the same thing my dad said to me "Happy Birthday, Tyler! The free ride's over. Get out!" Watch your mouse as you scroll down, and if you don't watch your mouse, watch your language! There's kids everywhere! Come on! You know the corny jokes are hilarious. I remember the jokes because I just watched the video.

It was 12 and time for lunch. On the way, I got Pooh FPs for later.
We went to Pinoch. We all shared the meatball subs,which are amazing. I highly recommend them. Lots of empty tables, but we just stayed on the first floor.
We had a nice growing collection of FPs!

After lunch the prince and princesses went to the bathroom to wash up.
It was 1:00 at this point and Mitch's leg was starting to bother him and he wanted to go back to the resort. I wanted to stay for the parade at 3:00 so he went back alone. I felt bad, but he said he could have the whole bed to stretch and nap.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: