Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
RSM
Mouseketeer

Booked Central Italy ABD

We just booked the Central Italy trip for 6/17 through 6/24. Our plan is to take the train from Florence at the end of the ABD, and spend 4 days or so in Rome on our own (our son is looking forward to going to Gladiator training school). So far there are 5, including us (2 adults and 9 year old boy), booked. Now, it is just the 9 month wait, and planning the "on our own" time in Rome.
RSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
DisFan10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
We just booked the Central Italy trip for 6/17 through 6/24. Our plan is to take the train from Florence at the end of the ABD, and spend 4 days or so in Rome on our own (our son is looking forward to going to Gladiator training school). So far there are 5, including us (2 adults and 9 year old boy), booked. Now, it is just the 9 month wait, and planning the "on our own" time in Rome.

Hi RSM,

You guys will have a GREAT time on this tour! We did the same thing when the tour ended in Florence. We took the train to Rome and spent 4 days there on our own. We stayed at the AbD hotel (Bernini Bristol) because of a special room rate deal and we figured the hotel must be good if AbD stays there.

I think the first part of the trip around Sorrento, Capri and the Amalfi Coast was my favorite. Make sure you try the limoncello!
Cities of Knights & Lights - June 2010
Bella Italia - June 2009
Enchanted China - Sept 2008
Southwest Splendors - Sept 2007
Spirit of America - August 2007
DisFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
DisFan10
Mouseketeer

While in Rome, we took 3 different walking tours with this company "Through Eternity". Their guides were excellent and I would highly recommend them.

http://www.througheternity.com/

We also took a Segway tour in Rome, but I would only recommend doing that if you guys are thrill-seekers...
Cities of Knights & Lights - June 2010
Bella Italia - June 2009
Enchanted China - Sept 2008
Southwest Splendors - Sept 2007
Spirit of America - August 2007
DisFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
RSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan10 View Post
While in Rome, we took 3 different walking tours with this company "Through Eternity". Their guides were excellent and I would highly recommend them.

http://www.througheternity.com/

We also took a Segway tour in Rome, but I would only recommend doing that if you guys are thrill-seekers...
Thanks DisFan10. Their tours look really interesting, especially the one that goes into the tunnels of the colosseum. From Alpine Magic you know we'll try any thrill seeking activity.

You are the third person that said to try a limoncello. So, we'll definitely try one or more.
RSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:57 AM   #5
zavandor
DIS Veteran

You should try to book an hotel near a station of the metropolitana (underground), most of the turistic places can be reached with it (or with a short walk, like for Vatican).
You should not rent a car: our driving habits are really intimidating for an american and parking is very difficult to be found.

I've never heard about the Gladiatori school, I think it's a tourists thing

I live in Rome, if you need any other information I'll be glad to answer.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: