Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #196
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseEarsForAll View Post
A.k.a. I don't know who those people are. Background, please!
The Captain & Tennille are an American pop music recording artists who achieved chart success as a recording duo and were previously well known as backup musicians for Elton John and Neil Sedaka. The duo consists of husband and wife "Captain" Daryl Dragon (born August 27, 1942), and Cathryn Antoinette "Toni" Tennille (born May 8, 1940). They have five albums that are certified either gold or platinum, and are best known for their singles which topped the charts in the mid-1970s and early 1980s, "Love Will Keep Us Together" and "Do That to Me One More Time." Their television variety series appeared on the ABC network in the 1976–77 season. They continue to perform occasionally with popular appeal in the Lake Tahoe resort area and enjoy the following of large numbers of fans in North America.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #197
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134

The Captain & Tennille are an American pop music recording artists who achieved chart success as a recording duo and were previously well known as backup musicians for Elton John and Neil Sedaka. The duo consists of husband and wife "Captain" Daryl Dragon (born August 27, 1942), and Cathryn Antoinette "Toni" Tennille (born May 8, 1940). They have five albums that are certified either gold or platinum, and are best known for their singles which topped the charts in the mid-1970s and early 1980s, "Love Will Keep Us Together" and "Do That to Me One More Time." Their television variety series appeared on the ABC network in the 1976–77 season. They continue to perform occasionally with popular appeal in the Lake Tahoe resort area and enjoy the following of large numbers of fans in North America.
A.k.a. I have more knowledge in my foot then you have in your body! Thanks.

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #198
redstickredhead
Disnerd Forever

My dad's name (God rest him!) was Roy and he and my mom named my younger brother Disney! Even if brother had ended up being a sister they would have named her "Disney" also.

Diz has autism and introduces himself to everyone he meets, so when we go to the World the cast members get the biggest grins on their faces! He loves being there and seeing his name on so many things
Old 10-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #199
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

I work with a Merida. She is in her 30's though, so not officially named after the character. She said her mom had a friend named Merida growing up, and she just liked the name. I know when I met her, it was the first time I had heard the name.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #200
baldy6060
Mouseketeer

I know a lot of girls named after princesses. I know they aren't people but I have a dog named Zero (Nightmare Before Christmas) and a cat named Isabella (Phineas and Ferb).
baldy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #201
Lumiere Lover
You can sleep after we leave WDW..

I wanted to name my son (now 17) Christopher Robin, but my husband would have nothing to do with it. I still talk about being over-ridden on this!!

June 2014-1st Disneyland trip, December 2012 POFQ-Excited we were there 12-12-12! September 2010 POFQ, Dec 2008 PC, Wonder, CBR, Aug 2008 Swan, Dec 2006 POR, Aug 2005 Gaylord Palms, Feb 2005 CBR, FEB 2002 AS Movies, Apr 1989 Offsite, Apr 1976 Offsite
Lumiere Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #202
ariamac
Mouseketeer

BF loves the name Isabelle and it has grown on me so when we have a daughter, her name will be Isabelle and I'll nickname her Belle (so originally we had no Disney thought, but hey, I like the ring of "Belle".

"Never look back. If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe, she wouldn't have become a princess."
ariamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #203
Creed16
Earning My Ears

I met the new waitress at the local coffee shop we frequent. My husband was teasing her calling her ariel( she had red hair), then he apologized and asked her name. It was Tiana! I just thought that was very funny that she was still a princess after all.
She didn't catch on. I guess she was just not a Disney fan?
Creed16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #204
Mickeyfollowers
DVC MEMBER SINCE 2004

My animals are named, Ariel, Mulan, and Mushu.

Mickeyfollowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #205
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfollowers
My animals are named, Ariel, Mulan, and Mushu.
That's adorable! What animals are they?

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #206
DanniDeer
adventure is out there!

I had an orange hamster growing up named Raja, and one of our cats is named Flower, but that's after the Pittsburgh Penguins goalie. But you can call her Flower if you like. She doesn't mind.

my DBF and I really like the name Elias. He's trying to push Harrison Indiana. I've consented to Harrison, but he's still working on the other half of that...

Johnny & Danni

DanniDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #207
jensen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you know anybody that has a Disney-related name?
My daughter is named Sidney. I always tell her it's spelled that way (instead of Sydney) because when you move the letters around it spells Disney.

It's not true. I wasn't a Disney nut until after her birth. But, she thinks it's cool and shares that story with people.
Jan 2009 All Star Music Jazz Family Suite l Jan 2012 All Star Music Country Fair l Jan 2014 All Star Movies Mighty Ducks
jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #208
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

One of clients at the clinic named her dog Stitch.

Another clients name is Belle & she named her chihuahua Mickey.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #209
Lu Ann
Afternoon Tea Hostess

Quote:
A.k.a. I don't know who those people are. Background, please!
Haha. That made me laugh. Singing couple of the mid 70s, early 80s. Their most famous song, "Love Will Keep Us Together." They were originally backup musicians for Elton John and Neil Sedaka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_%26_Tennille

Husband's first trip to WDW was to the Preview Center, prior to the park opening in 1971
We are both 5th-Generation Native Floridians!

Engaged at WDW 1984
Honeymooned at WDW 1985

Last WDW Trip: September 30, 2012
Next WDW Trip: December 9-14, 2012
Lu Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #210
POB14
Colleen and Mary's BaBa
Feet are, without doubt, the best argument AGAINST intelligent design I can imagine!

Well, people say I'm Goofy and have a Mickey Mouse job. I Duck as much work as I can, because I get a Minnie paycheck. I walk around in a Daze-ey most of the time, I get Tangled in the phone (usually when I Tinker with the Bell), and I'm not very Brave. The boss calls me Dumbo or Sleeping Beauty and can't get me Up. My Secretariat thinks I'm a little Malificent, I'm usually Grumpy, always Dopey, often Sneezy, sometimes Sleepy, rarely Happy, but never Bashful.

Incredibles as it may sound, though, my record is Snow White. All my diplomas are Up on my Wall-e, and I used to do a little office decorating - The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, but that's about it.

My wife used to call me the Love Bug, but now she calls me Brother Bear. The neighbors call us Lady and the Tramp. The kids think I'm the Absent-Minded Professor.

Does that count?

Tags
disney name, related

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: