Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #181
trpscooby
Mouseketeer

When we were little, my brother had trouble pronouncing my name and always called me Tiana instead. Over the years everybody in my family called me Tiana. Then my cousin had a girl and asked if I would mind if she named her Tiana. Then I had my first child 13 years ago and named her Tiana as well!

I never heard that name anywhere (especially here in England) but now, with Princess Tiana being so popular it's not so unusual anymore...
Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #182
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbendig View Post
My friend named her daughter Kairi after the princess in Kingdom Hearts, the Disney video game.
My boyfriend's favorite name for a girl is Kairi because of Kingdom Hearts.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #183
debdebdebby13
Mouseketeer

My DD played t-ball last spring with a little girl named Aurora.
October 2012- POP with free dining
debdebdebby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #184
kmb584
DIS Veteran

My paternal grandmother's name was Minnie, short for Minerva, but she always went by Minnie. I also have an aunt Mickey. Her real name is Catherine but when she was little my grandparents called her "Mickems" which then turned into Mickey and no one except those who aren't close to her call her Catherine. In fact, in kindergarten, she didn't even answer when role was called because she thought her name WAS Mickey, ha.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #185
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584
My paternal grandmother's name was Minnie, short for Minerva, but she always went by Minnie. I also have an aunt Mickey. Her real name is Catherine but when she was little my grandparents called her "Mickems" which then turned into Mickey and no one except those who aren't close to her call her Catherine. In fact, in kindergarten, she didn't even answer when role was called because she thought her name WAS Mickey, ha.
Isn't that the case with Minnie Mouse, too?

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #186
DisneyDivaMom
Every day is a Disney day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
I'm Wendy too!

When I was younger, I didn't really like my name because I thought it was too cute-sy & trendy like all the other girl names that end in -y from my day - Becky, Sandy, Stacy, Karey, Kelly, etc.

And I always wanted a more literary name like Elizabeth...

Well, some years later, I read where the name Wendy was created by James M. Barrie for Peter Pan, & I was thrilled! I do have a literary name!

Now, of course, Wendy isn't as popular as it was in the 70s & 80s.

This past trip, we were at Once Upon a Toy at DTD, & I gave the castmember my KTTW card. She looked at the card & then looked at me & then asked w/ this kind of awe in her voice, "Is your name really Wendy?"

I said yes. And she replied, "That's so cool!"

I was named after the heroine in Peter Pan as well. My mother rather liked the movie and thought that naming me that was a good idea. I am 52 years old and I never really liked it but I really can't imagine being any other name. My 14 yo daughter doesn't like her name either. I told her that it was going to be a toss up between Sonja and Ursula. Then she thanked me for not naming her after the villainess in The Little Mermaid.

POFQ Nov/Dec 2004
CSR Nov/Dec 2006
DisneyDivaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #187
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

I have a student named Aurora on the first day of school she brought her lunch box : with Ariel on it! made me inside.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #188
lilysmommy
Mouseketeer

My DD (age 5) is Lily after Lillian Disney and Tiger Lily from Peter Pan. My DS (Age 1) is Eli short for Elias. My poor hubby loved both names but never made the Disney connection until well after they were named (both times).

and our Ddog is Minnie Mouse named by my Lily after our trip to WDW when she was 22 months!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #189
Daisy'sMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanddanny View Post
My youngest is Daisy. Not necessarily named after the duck but she gets a lot of attention for it when we are at WDW.
My DD11 is Daisy! We just loved such an old fashioned, happy name. She does get a lot of attention for it at WDW, though. The only time we have met another child named Daisy was on a bus to AK, and this one was 10, from London. Mostly people tell us that is their dog's (or horse's, or cow's) name.
Daisy'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #190
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Peter Pan - back in the early 1960's

Gee my parents loved Disney.. named me Wendy....but I did not marry a total Peter...only DH middle name
Go figure - Disney parent love
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #191
Lu Ann
Afternoon Tea Hostess

My husband was named after a Disney character, sort of a Disney character. When he was born, he had 9-, 10-, and 12-year-old brothers. His parents were hoping for a girl and had only picked out girl names (pre-ultrasounds - what were they thinking?). When he was born, they called their three boys at home and asked what would they like to name their new brother. The nine-year-old wanted to name him Gus. They said no. So they decided on their favorite hero of the time - Zorro. It was a television series in the late 50s, early 60s, produced by Walt Disney Productions (that's why Zorro is a Disney character, sort of). The actor's name was Guy Williams, so they named my husband Guy William. And his last name - Dragon. Doesn't that make him several Disney characters? And you don't pick your last name!

Where I work, we have a security guard whose first and middle names are Walter Roy. He wasn't named those names purposely to be named for Walt and Roy Disney, it's just a coincidence. But a happy coincidence, because he is a Disney World fanatic. We call him Walt Disney a lot, which he loves.

Husband's first trip to WDW was to the Preview Center, prior to the park opening in 1971
We are both 5th-Generation Native Floridians!

Engaged at WDW 1984
Honeymooned at WDW 1985

Last WDW Trip: September 30, 2012
Next WDW Trip: December 9-14, 2012
Lu Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #192
MouseEarsForAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu Ann
My husband was named after a Disney character, sort of a Disney character. When he was born, he had 9-, 10-, and 12-year-old brothers. His parents were hoping for a girl and had only picked out girl names (pre-ultrasounds - what were they thinking?). When he was born, they called their three boys at home and asked what would they like to name their new brother. The nine-year-old wanted to name him Gus. They said no. So they decided on their favorite hero of the time - Zorro. It was a television series in the late 50s, early 60s, produced by Walt Disney Productions (that's why Zorro is a Disney character, sort of). The actor's name was Guy Williams, so they named my husband Guy William. And his last name - Dragon. Doesn't that make him several Disney characters? And you don't pick your last name!

Where I work, we have a security guard whose first and middle names are Walter Roy. He wasn't named those names purposely to be named for Walt and Roy Disney, it's just a coincidence. But a happy coincidence, because he is a Disney World fanatic. We call him Walt Disney a lot, which he loves.
Dragon's a pretty cool last name...

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Old 10-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #193
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseEarsForAll View Post
Dragon's a pretty cool last name...
Daryl Dragon and Toni Tenille, aka the Captain and Tenille

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #194
MouseEarsForAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK

Daryl Dragon and Toni Tenille, aka the Captain and Tenille
A.k.a. I don't know who those people are. Background, please!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Old 10-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #195
MikeyTex
Never Too Old

My name is Mike............but I have 2 eyes!
2009 Caribbean Beach
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

MikeyTex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney name, related

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: