Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #121
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
So I couldn't go to bed without giving y'all at least ONE new page.

I know, I know, you're thinking, "What?!?! Just ONE?!?!?" but it's an excellent ONE, I promise! It has tons of "AW!" factor and I even made it bigger than the normal pages

I'm sorry I've been slacking on the updates. I've had to work on Phalen's birthday invitations and Finn hasn't been sleeping well, so that means lots of lack of sleep for me at night, which in turn means instead of working on new pages while the boys have 'nap time' in the afternoons, I've been napping too. Which is why, instead of staying up late again tonight, I'm going to post this and then go to sleep - so hopefully I can get more pages done tomorrow

You're right about the awwwwwwwwwww factor. How precious. (Gotta go across the hall now and pat my 24 year old on the head. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
OMG I love it! I'm hoping to see Mulan! It's one of my fave movies ... and now I'm wondering if my kids have seen it! Perhaps I should rent it before we go! Maybe make a list of movies I don't think they've seen.

Anyway ... absolutely adorable story and pictures!!!!!!
When my son and his girldfriend were home over Christmas she wanted to watch Mulan -- her favorite. I hadn't seen it for years. I have to say it must resonate with you or not. I'm a 'not' .

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #122
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Awww... Miss Marianne... To make you feel better, you can start planning our trip to WDW next year.

D~
: Oh how I wish! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
yay for getting a paycheck again!

or you can plan some activities when we come to Charlotte this summer
That's right!!! Oh! How much fun is THAT going to be!!! When are you coming this summer again? I think we need to get D~ to make the trip at the same time :

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
You're right about the awwwwwwwwwww factor. How precious. (Gotta go across the hall now and pat my 24 year old on the head. )

When my son and his girldfriend were home over Christmas she wanted to watch Mulan -- her favorite. I hadn't seen it for years. I have to say it must resonate with you or not. I'm a 'not' .
They grow up fast, don't they? I was just thinking tonight about Phalen's first trip and how much of a big boy we thought he was then . . . and now he'll turn 7 in a couple of weeks

I honestly don't think I have ever seen Mulan in its entirety I think Finn & I might need to have a movie & popcorn date sometime soon and borrow it from the library to watch. Mulan the character was on our "must see" list because she's the Warrior Princess and I think it's important for the boys to see girls in roles like that

I apologize again for not having an update for you . . . I ended up spending the morning running errands with my bestie (a much needed outing for both of us as we have had a major disconnect lately and today we were finally able to spend some time together) and then my demo sessions for work that I thought would be cancelled turned into a wonderful afternoon reading to 6 classrooms of children Tonight I had dinner with a couple of friends nad then it was our monthly BUNCO game. Long story short, I am sitting in front of computer now and it's midnight... So - let's hope I have some time tomorrow afternoon after work and a focus group for Britax carseats (woohoo for Britax and their parent advisory group - I take the boys to try out their new carseats and we get a free one for our time!)....

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #123
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:

: Oh how I wish! :

Me too...

Quote:
[That's right!!! Oh! How much fun is THAT going to be!!! When are you coming this summer again? I think we need to get D~ to make the trip at the same time :
We would all have a blast... Ya never know - I might be able to swing it for a weekend or something...

Lisa - when are you going?

Quote:
[They grow up fast, don't they? I was just thinking tonight about Phalen's first trip and how much of a big boy we thought he was then . . . and now he'll turn 7 in a couple of weeks

I honestly don't think I have ever seen Mulan in its entirety I think Finn & I might need to have a movie & popcorn date sometime soon and borrow it from the library to watch. Mulan the character was on our "must see" list because she's the Warrior Princess and I think it's important for the boys to see girls in roles like that

I apologize again for not having an update for you . . . I ended up spending the morning running errands with my bestie (a much needed outing for both of us as we have had a major disconnect lately and today we were finally able to spend some time together) and then my demo sessions for work that I thought would be cancelled turned into a wonderful afternoon reading to 6 classrooms of children Tonight I had dinner with a couple of friends nad then it was our monthly BUNCO game. Long story short, I am sitting in front of computer now and it's midnight... So - let's hope I have some time tomorrow afternoon after work and a focus group for Britax carseats (woohoo for Britax and their parent advisory group - I take the boys to try out their new carseats and we get a free one for our time!)....
I know how you feel... I have a few besties and it's so hard sometimes to maintain relationships - especially when, for a while, you don't have a lot in common... My next door neighbor and I used to be great friends, with no hard feelings we just grew apart a couple of summers ago - and our friendship was really strained - when we were together - we really had to work hard at finding common ground. This last summer, I noticed that she was really great friends with another neighbor, and it really hurt my feelings - so I made a conscious effort to try harder to be a better friend... That didn't go so well - as we still didn't have much in common. Finally, I just gave up - I know that sounds horrible - but it's not exactly what you're thinking - I just stopped trying so hard to make an effort (becaise I felt like I was the one making all the effort) and decided to let the chips fall where they may. In the last few weeks, we have done quite a bit together again (Christmas shopping, New Years....) and things seem much better - easier. HOpefully it continues that way, if not, I am OK with that, as I am happy with my life - the hobbies I have - the friends I have - and I guess that's what I had to realize in the first place. Does that make any sense?

^ Sorry 'bout that - in an effort to relate, I wrote a book.

That is really awesome about the car seat - Britax is the best - at least it was when my girls were little. I am not sure how their quality is with their product at Target, since they started carrying their seats though???

D~
Old 01-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #124
mphalens

Quote:
Me too...

We would all have a blast... Ya never know - I might be able to swing it for a weekend or something...

Lisa - when are you going?
Oooh! Lisa - do you see this??? I think we need to work on D~ coming to Charlotte this summer while you & Megan are here!

Quote:
I know how you feel... I have a few besties and it's so hard sometimes to maintain relationships - especially when, for a while, you don't have a lot in common... My next door neighbor and I used to be great friends, with no hard feelings we just grew apart a couple of summers ago - and our friendship was really strained - when we were together - we really had to work hard at finding common ground. This last summer, I noticed that she was really great friends with another neighbor, and it really hurt my feelings - so I made a conscious effort to try harder to be a better friend... That didn't go so well - as we still didn't have much in common. Finally, I just gave up - I know that sounds horrible - but it's not exactly what you're thinking - I just stopped trying so hard to make an effort (becaise I felt like I was the one making all the effort) and decided to let the chips fall where they may. In the last few weeks, we have done quite a bit together again (Christmas shopping, New Years....) and things seem much better - easier. HOpefully it continues that way, if not, I am OK with that, as I am happy with my life - the hobbies I have - the friends I have - and I guess that's what I had to realize in the first place. Does that make any sense?

^ Sorry 'bout that - in an effort to relate, I wrote a book.
Books are perfectly fine Novels, encyclopedias, short stories . . . all A-Ok Someone has to add to this TR and it doesn't appear to be me posting new trip pages at the moment!

Quote:
That is really awesome about the car seat - Britax is the best - at least it was when my girls were little. I am not sure how their quality is with their product at Target, since they started carrying their seats though???

D~
Britax is still right up there in the carseat hierarchy . . . I've learned a lot being a part of this panel. . . they have different cover fashions for their various seats - so usually a cover you would get on a seat from Target you wouldn't see anywhere else. . . Babies R Us has some like that too . . . but the seat itself is the same seat across the board
I'm just excited that Finn will finally get to pick out his "big boy" car seat. We needed the last focus group freebie seat for Phalen and there's no way we could buy Finn a new seat like he wants . . . so he knows he had to wait until we got to do another focus group panel.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #125
mphalens

Talking End of Day Two

It's just three pages, but at least it's an update!!! I'm going to work on some more pages until I need to leave for my MNO (mom's night out) . . . this week is pretty crazy - I'm never out this much and suddenly I have something every night of the week!

Last edited by mphalens; 01-12-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #126
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

What an awesome update Marianne! I love the Duffy bear - he's so cute! And I love the outfits the boys chose.

And, of course, I love your Epcot outfits - those were just fabulous!

D~
Old 01-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #127
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

More updates YEAH! Love how Phalen wanted to go see the princesess

OT: But so far neither of the Joanne's near me have the StarWars Cotton fabric. Looks like I am going to be stalking the store until they come in.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #128
mphalens

Quote:
What an awesome update Marianne! I love the Duffy bear - he's so cute! And I love the outfits the boys chose.

And, of course, I love your Epcot outfits - those were just fabulous!

D~
Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
More updates YEAH! Love how Phalen wanted to go see the princesess

OT: But so far neither of the Joanne's near me have the StarWars Cotton fabric. Looks like I am going to be stalking the store until they come in.

Wow! Y'all are fast! I got up from the computer to go make sausage dip for MNO (we're having a crock pot cook off) and come back to update the links page and you've already posted!

Michelle - that really stinks that they still don't have it! Hopefully it comes in soon!!!!

Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #129
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Good thing the boys each chose different outfits for Duffy so they can share!

sorry about the rain the missing the parade...one of my fav's too!

have fun tonight with your friends!!

Old 01-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #130
hjohnson6
Mouseketeer

Great trip report so far Marianne! I am looking forward to the rest. BTW your Figment bag is cool!

All Star Music - September 2007
One day at DLR - May 2008
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #131
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Good thing the boys each chose different outfits for Duffy so they can share!

sorry about the rain the missing the parade...one of my fav's too!

have fun tonight with your friends!!
Yeah - the boys are good at things like that - of course, they won't REALLY share but they could

I hope your day was filled with good memories. I've thought about you a lot today!

Tonight was a lot of fun! lots of laughs and yummy food and great company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohnson6 View Post
Great trip report so far Marianne! I am looking forward to the rest. BTW your Figment bag is cool!
Thanks Heather!!!! and thanks about my Figment bag! Isn't it just awesome??? I LOVE LOVE it!

Old 01-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #132
disneydancer429
Earning My Ears

lurker her posting to say that your boys are adorable!!! I'm really enjoying your report :D keep up the good work (those outfits are amazing!!)
Old 01-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #133
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Awesome update (as usual!)!!!! Very precious!

Sorry you missed MSEP.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 01-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #134
momminnie
DIS Veteran

I just started your TR and I am all caught up. I love the scrapbook style. It makes reading it so much easier. No to mention that I am a scrapbook girl and love to look at everyone's photos. Can't wait for the next update. Your boys are just too precious.
My Disney trips: 1st trip 1986-off site, DS1 1st trip 1993-off site,1996-off site, 2001 DH & DS2 1st trip ASMU, 2002 PORS, 2007 WL family trip, 2009 PORS trip with friends, 2010 CBR, 2012 POL POFQ 2014,
Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #135
babynala
DIS Veteran

Love the update! Too bad everyone missed seeing the electrical parade. That is the only thing I dislike about going to Disney at Halloween or Christmas time - all the party nights make is so they only run the regular parades on a very limited basis.

I'm impressed that you got any pictures at all with Finn on your shoulders. What a great memory.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: