Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #61
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefDisneyLu View Post
I am so loving this TR! Plus I love to see the Bears shirt on your DH!!! Go Bears! Can't wait for more




It is 9:39 pm here and DH and DS are playing PS3 while I am here....reading about YOUR trip....makes me feel like I was never Hip! LOL! Rootbeer float sounds good though!

Happy New Year...Thanks for sharing!

Lisa


Go Bears! is right!!! Although, I should probably also add, "Go Patriots!" and "Go Broncos" as I grew up (and still am) a Patriots fan and we all find ourselves rooting for the Broncos because we are HUGE Tim Tebow fans DH was born in Chicago though, so we're Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks & Bears fans We're also Gator fans, because he grew up in Gainesville, FL and would have gone there for school if his dad hadn't worked for the University and he didn't want to get away from his parents Wow! What a welcome I just gave you . . . sometimes my brain just makes my fingers type type type away and I don't realize how much I've just blurted out!
Go Bears!
and

Hope you stick around - I can't remember which other shirts DH wore off the top of my head, but I know he brought quite a few with graphics
__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #62
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Wrap Up of Day 1 & Day 1 Outfits

Well - it's 11:01pm EST and I think I'm about to make my last post of the year right here (of course, someone else might update a thread I'm following and I could just have to respond, but probably not). Not to be a total sap, but I cannot be more thankful for what 2011 has brought me in terms of all things Disney. If it weren't for planning a trip, I never would have signed back on to the DisBoards and found the Disboutiquers and The Big Give Group. I never would have meet (IRL) such fabulous people as D~ & Michelle & Judy & Nicole . . . I never would have had this community of women (and Tom) encouraging me to sew and try new things and reassuring me that I COULD make all the things I've made in the past year. We had a fabulous trip and I know it wouldn't have been the same (or gone as smooth) without The Dis and more importantly, The Disboutiquers

So - here you go - the end of Day 1 wrap up and the end of day outfit wrap up.






__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011

Last edited by mphalens; 01-02-2012 at 10:50 PM.
mphalens is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #63
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 8,048

First - Happy New Year!!!! We ended up having our neighbors over for wine - it's become a tradition - they are soooo hilarious!

I would have to agree with your sentiments of our Dis friends - this has been an amazing year of learning for me too, and I couldn't have done it with out the Disboutiquers, what an amazing time we have all had!!! Amazing friendships we have all made... It's made the whole "learning to sew" aspect of it, fun and challenging. I consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to participate in the Big Gives and the warm fuzzies it gives me to make someone else's trip brighter - not to mention the great friends we have made through that. And my texting buddy cheering me on... I look forward to a wonderful 2012, full of friends, fun and creativity.

Awww... I love your latest update! As usual - I love the outfits... Beth did a great job on the shirts... I need to get my act together and send a few to her, as well. She is just THE BEST!

I ROFLed at your dad's swimsuits... Poor guy... And forgetting his Christmas photograph outfit.... I did LOL at your going to Target while in FL... I gar-un-tee that I won't set foot in a Target store while I am at WDW. LOL

Loved the boys' backpacks... Did they carry them every day in the parks????

I second your opinion on SerendipiD~! ROFL

And I think your mom is awesome... I have a family tree that dates back to the Mayflower... I wonder if we are related???? I've already found one of Josh's long lost relatives on The Dis (rather, she found me)... It's his 6th cousin, or something like that... And she is doing a PTR.... That's how we met. Funny, huh?

Anyways, better run over to "the other side" and check out all the PTRs I am following too....


D~
DMGeurts is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #64
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
First - Happy New Year!!!! We ended up having our neighbors over for wine - it's become a tradition - they are soooo hilarious!

I would have to agree with your sentiments of our Dis friends - this has been an amazing year of learning for me too, and I couldn't have done it with out the Disboutiquers, what an amazing time we have all had!!! Amazing friendships we have all made... It's made the whole "learning to sew" aspect of it, fun and challenging. I consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to participate in the Big Gives and the warm fuzzies it gives me to make someone else's trip brighter - not to mention the great friends we have made through that. And my texting buddy cheering me on... I look forward to a wonderful 2012, full of friends, fun and creativity.

Awww... I love your latest update! As usual - I love the outfits... Beth did a great job on the shirts... I need to get my act together and send a few to her, as well. She is just THE BEST!

I ROFLed at your dad's swimsuits... Poor guy... And forgetting his Christmas photograph outfit.... I did LOL at your going to Target while in FL... I gar-un-tee that I won't set foot in a Target store while I am at WDW. LOL

Loved the boys' backpacks... Did they carry them every day in the parks????

I second your opinion on SerendipiD~! ROFL

And I think your mom is awesome... I have a family tree that dates back to the Mayflower... I wonder if we are related???? I've already found one of Josh's long lost relatives on The Dis (rather, she found me)... It's his 6th cousin, or something like that... And she is doing a PTR.... That's how we met. Funny, huh?

Anyways, better run over to "the other side" and check out all the PTRs I am following too....


D~

Yes, Beth is fabulous, isn't she?
And SerendipiD~ Boutique - all I can say is, "WOW!" I really should get my behind over to Etsy and leave lots of feedback. I keep forgetting because I talk about how awesome my bag is here on the Dis.

Aw! But the Target there has a HUGE Disney section full of stuff I know, no vehicle . . .

Who are you descended from on the Mayflower? I kid you not, at last count we had 3 or 4 lines we were descended from . . . All on my mom's side - she's what is referred to as a Swamp Yankee back home (her family has been there FOREVER). The funny part is that my Dad is the one that grew up there, but none of his relatives are from there (they were there b/c my grandfather was career Navy) . . . Mom moved there for Dad and she's the one with relatives (distant) left & right LOL.

The boys brought their backpacks most days, but often they ended up in the bottom of the stroller. I will say though, this trip they did a LOT better at NOT having a need to tote around a bunch of stuff - on our last trip they felt like they had to keep things on them at all times (which is why I did backpacks this trip). . .

__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #65
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post

Yes, Beth is fabulous, isn't she?
And SerendipiD~ Boutique - all I can say is, "WOW!" I really should get my behind over to Etsy and leave lots of feedback. I keep forgetting because I talk about how awesome my bag is here on the Dis.

Aw! But the Target there has a HUGE Disney section full of stuff I know, no vehicle . . .

Who are you descended from on the Mayflower? I kid you not, at last count we had 3 or 4 lines we were descended from . . . All on my mom's side - she's what is referred to as a Swamp Yankee back home (her family has been there FOREVER). The funny part is that my Dad is the one that grew up there, but none of his relatives are from there (they were there b/c my grandfather was career Navy) . . . Mom moved there for Dad and she's the one with relatives (distant) left & right LOL.

The boys brought their backpacks most days, but often they ended up in the bottom of the stroller. I will say though, this trip they did a LOT better at NOT having a need to tote around a bunch of stuff - on our last trip they felt like they had to keep things on them at all times (which is why I did backpacks this trip). . .

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I second that this has been a wonderful year for Disney. It's funny how we all started sewing around the same time and have all become great friends. And though DH thought I was a little crazy (he doesn't get the DIS) for meeting someone online at Joanne's I did show him you were real

And I still can't believe I made at least one outfit a day for 14 days But I couldn't have done it without everyone's encouragement either.

And we might all be related.... (well not me but to DH) since his sister traced back their ancestry on his mothers side to Roger Williams and maybe the Mayflower too. I on the other hand I had my ancestors come from Italy and Canada.
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #66
nov02mom
Mouseketeer
 
nov02mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 125

Yay for Day 1!!!

You know, I should just lose enough weight to borrow all your cute clothes for this years trip! That would make my month long packing fun easier......

(Oh, and you know I continually roll my eyes at the IL's- sigh)
__________________
Kristen, Mommy to Jacob, Wife to Jon
We're heading back!
Several off-site trips in childhood--July 1986 Disneyland (with Mom!)--Sept. 2008- Polynesian
Oct. 2009- POP--Oct. 2010- SSR Villa and DxDP--July 2011- Disneyland!
Oct. 2012- Last trip before Jacob becomes a Disney "Adult"!
nov02mom is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #67
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran
 
VBAndrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,500

Yay for the great updates! I have to correct you though.... while deco jeans aren't hard they are a bit time consuming, especially if you add embroidery to them.

And here is your deal of the week offered by me:
Free embroidery lessons on my machine if you teach me to make Mac pages like you do! Let me know what day and time you plan to arrive
__________________
Andrea

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #68
basketkat
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,275

Happy New Year!!!!

What a fabulous first day you all had!!! I love the pirate room! It looks perfect for your boys!

We haven't tried Ohana for dinner yet, but it is for sure on our must do list!
__________________


'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #69
Piper
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 2,892

I am loving your trip report. You should definitely print off the pages and bind them!!
Piper is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #70
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,640

Wow such a wonderful first day. We love Ohana, it is Bill's favorite restaurant. It is so wonderful that you and your children get to experience the parks with your parents. You are very blessed to have that option. I can't wait to see what your next day had in store .
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #71
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Monroe, GA
Posts: 2,891

Too funny about the Mayflower!

Last year (around this time) I started tracing our ancestry. Only because of some of the things I heard growing up. My grand mother's family always thought my grand father wasn't good enough for her. His comment was always, "even though your family may have come over on the Mayflower, MY family was nicely ensconced in a castle at the time!" (you would have to have known my grandfather to completely get the comment. He grew up in Europe and didn't come to the US until he was a grown man. He always had a very proper English accent)

The research I was able to do showed he was right! My grandmother's family did not come over on the Mayflower, but very shortly after...and my grand father's family did indeed include some royalty.

But....we are all really related....remember that guy called Noah?

Nini
__________________
Nini Morris

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?



NiniMorris is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #72
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran
 
kimmylaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,001

wow i love the style of your trip report. and the clothes are amazing. i too started sewing because of the wonderful disboutiquers (although nowhere near as many as you did... i am impressed). your kids are so cute. does your sons girlfriend vannah have a mommy who blogs, and sews disney clothes too? because if it is..... sebastian is one of the first big gives i ever did and have followed the blog ever since . if not just ignore me cant wait to read more
my 5 year old is next to me and asked me to add this little 3d guy to my post . she is loving your report too. ps she is only hit 40 inches this summer at 5 and she is my lil daredevil so she was quite sad on many trips when she couldnt reach the height requirement, but it was extremely exciting when she did, she had been waiting so long
__________________
kimmy
kimmylaj is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #73
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I second that this has been a wonderful year for Disney. It's funny how we all started sewing around the same time and have all become great friends. And though DH thought I was a little crazy (he doesn't get the DIS) for meeting someone online at Joanne's I did show him you were real

And I still can't believe I made at least one outfit a day for 14 days But I couldn't have done it without everyone's encouragement either.

And we might all be related.... (well not me but to DH) since his sister traced back their ancestry on his mothers side to Roger Williams and maybe the Mayflower too. I on the other hand I had my ancestors come from Italy and Canada.

I think it's pretty awesome too

Funny story that your comment about your husband not knowing if i was "real" or not:
About 12 years ago my Dad joined an online forum started by the Taunton Press for one of their building publications. At that time the only online forums I really had any knowledge of were religious in nature and he talked about other members "as if they were real people" NONE of these people lived near my parents . . . they were all around the world. It became the family joke to refer to his online forum as "The Cult" . . . next thing I knew, my parents were planning a trip to Indiana or somewhere for a long weekend for a "Cult Get Together" My mom had backup plans for her backup plans, but my Dad was determined to go and meet these people. People came from as far away as Australia!!!! Canada, Florida, Seattle, Rhode Island. . . They still get together at LEAST once a year, changing the meeting place from one hometown to the next. My parents have hosted once and they're hosting again this summer. . .
So I love that we have our own little "cult" with the Disboutiquers But man! does my Dad like to give me a hard time


Quote:
Originally Posted by nov02mom View Post
Yay for Day 1!!!

You know, I should just lose enough weight to borrow all your cute clothes for this years trip! That would make my month long packing fun easier......

(Oh, and you know I continually roll my eyes at the IL's- sigh)

Sounds like a plan! I still have them all washed and ready to go I'm around a 6/8 (more towards the 8) at the moment

ILs . . .


Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Yay for the great updates! I have to correct you though.... while deco jeans aren't hard they are a bit time consuming, especially if you add embroidery to them.

And here is your deal of the week offered by me:
Free embroidery lessons on my machine if you teach me to make Mac pages like you do! Let me know what day and time you plan to arrive

Yes, I agree, deco jeans are more time consuming but they look so cool when you're done, they're worth it

And as for your offer - DEAL! When should I leave? You're how far of a drive from Charlotte???


Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
Happy New Year!!!!

What a fabulous first day you all had!!! I love the pirate room! It looks perfect for your boys!

We haven't tried Ohana for dinner yet, but it is for sure on our must do list!


Thanks! Yes, the boys LOVED the Pirate rooms! And really, we had plenty of room even if we hadn't had the two connected rooms

And, as you can tell, we LOVED Ohana!!! I highly recommend you put it towards the top of your list


Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
I am loving your trip report. You should definitely print off the pages and bind them!!

Thanks!!!
__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #74
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Wow such a wonderful first day. We love Ohana, it is Bill's favorite restaurant. It is so wonderful that you and your children get to experience the parks with your parents. You are very blessed to have that option. I can't wait to see what your next day had in store .

Thank you! Yes, we know we are very lucky to have the relationship we have with my parents


Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Too funny about the Mayflower!

Last year (around this time) I started tracing our ancestry. Only because of some of the things I heard growing up. My grand mother's family always thought my grand father wasn't good enough for her. His comment was always, "even though your family may have come over on the Mayflower, MY family was nicely ensconced in a castle at the time!" (you would have to have known my grandfather to completely get the comment. He grew up in Europe and didn't come to the US until he was a grown man. He always had a very proper English accent)

The research I was able to do showed he was right! My grandmother's family did not come over on the Mayflower, but very shortly after...and my grand father's family did indeed include some royalty.

But....we are all really related....remember that guy called Noah?

Nini

LOL - yes, Noah!

And that is a fabulous genealogy story! My mom would LOVE it!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
wow i love the style of your trip report. and the clothes are amazing. i too started sewing because of the wonderful disboutiquers (although nowhere near as many as you did... i am impressed). your kids are so cute. does your sons girlfriend vannah have a mommy who blogs, and sews disney clothes too? because if it is..... sebastian is one of the first big gives i ever did and have followed the blog ever since . if not just ignore me cant wait to read more
my 5 year old is next to me and asked me to add this little 3d guy to my post . she is loving your report too. ps she is only hit 40 inches this summer at 5 and she is my lil daredevil so she was quite sad on many trips when she couldnt reach the height requirement, but it was extremely exciting when she did, she had been waiting so long

Hey Tracy - look! Another "Hey, are you Amber's friend?" run-in!
Tracy "found me" in my PTR because she'd seen Phalen & Finn's pictures on Amber's blog



Okay - let me explain Yes, Finn's girlfriend is Savannah. Savannah is the youngest sister of Sebastian. Sebastian is Phalen's best friend. Sebastian, Siennah & Savannah's mom is my bestie. Seb had cancer a few years ago and was granted a Wish Trip to DisneyWorld and they were adopted by The Big Give.

So, REALLY, I have the Disboutiquers to thank along with Seb & Amber for Phalen's idea of "If you go to Disney "for real" you're supposed to have matching custom outfits" because The Big Give group and Seb's Wish Trip pictures were Phalen's first experience with outfits like that

Kimmy, you might remember in Amber's blog about Sebastian's Wish Trip Send-Off Party his friend that insisted on also wearing a helmet and gave him a toy Buzz Lightyear phone so they could "keep in touch" on their trip? Well, that was my son, Phalen. It's actually because of Seb and his experience with The Big Give that I got involved with the group. I wanted Phalen to have a service project that he could understand and I knew how much he grasped of what The Big Give does for people.
And yes, Finn & Savannah discuss their wedding on a regular basis. They tend to give us little updates in drips and drabs. But both insist it will be at WDW

So cool to "meet" another "Amber connection" through The Dis!






I am THRILLED and HONORED to have so many people following my Trip Report! I'm so glad you like my crazy style!!! I promise to get to crank out another set of pages asap!


Until then, what are you missing from my TR? What things am I forgetting to tell you? Or do you want to know more about? Let me know!!!
__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #75
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl
 
ireland_nicole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 4,145

I'm late, but at least I made it- I figure since I'm probably make a cameo in this report, I'd better swing by and keep an eye on you LOL
__________________
ME DH DD(12) DS(10) DM furbabies Harley(9)Molly(4)
ireland_nicole is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: