Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #46
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
Wow!
So - Judy - when are we going to start these lessons? Did D~ tell you I bought another vintage machine? This one needs some work done first, but from what she tells me it will have a gorgeous satin stitch when I'm done with it! Then we could sew side by side at my dining room table while the kids play

I am SO READY!!! I have some fabric I can't seem to get anyone to make me anything with so I better learn myself.... If we could just score an embroidery machine....
Old 12-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #47
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:

And Disney Outlet - well, I have a love/hate relationship with ours. It's at Concord Mills, which isn't so much an outlet mall like it used to be . . .so some stores ARE outlets and others aren't. . . and the Disney Store Outlet sort of straddles the line between outlet and regular. We get TONS of Disneyland merchandise and sometimes we get great outlet deals . . . but then there's always stuff that's sold in the regular Disney Store and at the same prices. But those shirts were a great deal - $4.99 a piece!

I think I have the same Love hate relationship with our Disney Outlet. Our's is at the Gurnee Mills and our mall is going the same way as yours. It started out as an outlet, but not so much anymore. We also get tons of Disney Land stuff in which I have found some really good deals, but it has Disney Land on the front I wont get it. I did just get some stuff there because they were having a great sale. I can usually get some kids t-shirts there for under $10 which is always a + in my book.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #48
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Sounds like a fun plan. Maybe Andrea can come up too and check on her house And I'll pick D up from the airport
EXCELLENT IDEA!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #49
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
ACCCKKKK, so much pressure on D~!!!!!
Tell me about it...

Quote:
Sounds like a fun plan. Maybe Andrea can come up too and check on her house And I'll pick D up from the airport
Thanks! At least I have a ride now... I owe ya one! Here I thought you'd all leave me at the airport.

D~ <--- Who updated her PTR just like she said she would... Where's your update Missy???
Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #50
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Sewing AND trip talk? I'm definitely in! Now back I go to catch up!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #51
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Tell me about it...

Thanks! At least I have a ride now... I owe ya one! Here I thought you'd all leave me at the airport.

D~ <--- Who updated her PTR just like she said she would... Where's your update Missy???
See the next post - 6 new pages And we're not going out tonight for NYE, so I can do more pages if the boys cooperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Sewing AND trip talk? I'm definitely in! Now back I go to catch up!

Yay! Welcome along!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
Old 12-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #52
mphalens

End of Day 1

Well, D~ updated her PTR with her newest FABULOUS messenger bag, so as promised, here are 6 new pages! I still have to do a page for our Ohana outfits and a wrap up of the day, but these six pages bring me to the end of my first day's worth of photos

Without further ado -

Last edited by mphalens; 01-02-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #53
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Awww.... I love, love, love the update! I just love how stinkin' cute those boys are - those guys just tug at your heartstrings - my favorite is the boys each sound asleep on one of you - precious!

I think it's so awesome that you have such wonderful parents... Where your DH's parents are polar opposites, your parents make up for it. I am so glad you were able to spend this trip with them - the boys will remember it forever!

D~
Old 12-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #54
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Awww.... I love, love, love the update! I just love how stinkin' cute those boys are - those guys just tug at your heartstrings - my favorite is the boys each sound asleep on one of you - precious!

I think it's so awesome that you have such wonderful parents... Where your DH's parents are polar opposites, your parents make up for it. I am so glad you were able to spend this trip with them - the boys will remember it forever!

D~

Thanks

That cuteness factor keeps me from completely losing it on days like today. They were really good at the mall until the end and then it was like crazy people had invaded!!! I actually almost lost my phone (and we ONLY have cell phones, no house phone) because Finn was trying to break his neck and Phalen was just being uber self-absorbed. I dropped it in Barnes & Noble, didn't realize until I was in the next store and honestly thought this creepy dude had stolen it. Luckily this nice lady that works there saw my distress and offered to call it for me . . .we didn't hear it anywhere but the guy who worked at B&N and found it ANSWERED! Phew!
I put the boys in the car after retrieving my phone and told them we were going home for naps. Phalen listened, Finn did not. Little stinker kept coming out and asking for stuff.

Okay - so now that I've filled you in on my drama of the afternoon, I have to agree with you about my parents vs in-laws. Part of me (and Dave, as we've had this conversation too many times to count) wonders if our "view" of his parents is skewed because of HOW great my parents are . . . but no, his parents really are just that crazy. However, it does make us appreciate MY parents even more

For those of you who I'm friends with on Facebook - if you've noticed me posting ABOUT my Trip Report but NOT posting a link (and we know I'm all about the links), it's because my in-laws cyber stalk me - they have a folder on their desktop of all my facebook statuses for example - and I don't want them to follow me here to the Dis. This is my "safe place" from their craziness

Old 12-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #55
blessedmom4

For the crazy in-laws! I am so sorry about that! YOUR parents seem like wonderful people and awesome grandparents. I LOVE the new update, the rooms are amazing!! O'hana sounds like it was a marvelous time, sorry about not getting the seat to see Wishes...sometimes I just want to say...WHY????

I am happy you found your phone, no phone if that had been gone.HOpe the little cuties settle down and you have a nice, peaceful night!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #56
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Another update. We love OHANAs too.

That is just crazy that you IL have a folder on you. I remember when you posted that this summer. Honestly I think it always seems to be the hubby's side that is messed up

That is why I tell my brother he can never get married because we will be the crazy inlaws.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #57
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

I've kissed the Blarney Stone.

I used to have a darkroom in my basement.

I Disney.

It's like we're related.

I'm loving your trip report. It reminds me of when I used to go with two little boys .

Quote:

Thanks for joining us! And by the way, did you know D's page is actually Andrea's page? I guess it's mine, Cheryl & Lisa's too, but we're letting Andrea do the heavy lifting on that one. I've got my TR to do, Cheryl had movie production and Navy men invading her house and Lisa's jet-setting to various Disney locales . . . Andrea just has to keep up with work, laundry, and her daughter cracks the whip on new "AG & me" outfits for her and her doll

Wow! You pay attention.

Quote:
So glad you like it! Welcome aboard (although I'll warn you, some of the ladies in here, well, they're a little crazy - lovable, but crazy - so prepare for a fun ride!
So it wasn't just me that noticed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post

I think I have the same Love hate relationship with our Disney Outlet. Our's is at the Gurnee Mills and our mall is going the same way as yours. It started out as an outlet, but not so much anymore. We also get tons of Disney Land stuff in which I have found some really good deals, but it has Disney Land on the front I wont get it. I did just get some stuff there because they were having a great sale. I can usually get some kids t-shirts there for under $10 which is always a + in my book.
Gurnee Mills?? My husband and I will always have a soft spot on our hearts for Gurnee Mills. We spent a lot of time there when we went to Chicago for our son's boot camp graduation.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
Old 12-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #58
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
For the crazy in-laws! I am so sorry about that! YOUR parents seem like wonderful people and awesome grandparents. I LOVE the new update, the rooms are amazing!! O'hana sounds like it was a marvelous time, sorry about not getting the seat to see Wishes...sometimes I just want to say...WHY????

I am happy you found your phone, no phone if that had been gone.HOpe the little cuties settle down and you have a nice, peaceful night!

Thanks!!! And I agree - sometimes, it's just a big ol' "WHY?"

Quote:
Another update. We love OHANAs too.

That is just crazy that you IL have a folder on you. I remember when you posted that this summer. Honestly I think it always seems to be the hubby's side that is messed up

That is why I tell my brother he can never get married because we will be the crazy inlaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
I've kissed the Blarney Stone.

I used to have a darkroom in my basement.

I Disney.

It's like we're related.

I'm loving your trip report. It reminds me of when I used to go with two little boys .

Wow! You pay attention.

So it wasn't just me that noticed that.

Oh Cheryl - my mom is totally into Genealogy research and could probably figure out a way that we really are related. . . I had three friends in college that she met and within a week she had figured out how our family trees intersected Have any Mayflower descendants?

And your comment about reminding you of going with your own little boys I bet those trips are ones they still look back on fondly!

and yes, I'd say quite a few of us have realized there's a little crazy goin' on around here

Old 12-31-2011, 09:54 PM   #59
mphalens

Oops! Meant to add -

I have one of my two pages complete but I don't want to post one without the other . . . I WILL get it done before 2012 though, I promise!!!

It's 9:51pm and Phalen is happily playing Wii Disney Universe (we borrowed it from Redbox for the night to see if we like it or not - so far he gives it a ). Finn is trying to go to sleep. Dave & I are trying to figure out what we've done with our younger, hipper selves

I'm about to go in the kitchen and make some rootbeer floats. Regular for Phalen and with Vanilla Vodka for Dave & I That's the extent of our bigtime partying tonight

Old 12-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #60
ChefDisneyLu
Mouseketeer

I am so loving this TR! Plus I love to see the Bears shirt on your DH!!! Go Bears! Can't wait for more

Quote:
Oops!

It's 9:51pm and Phalen is happily playing Wii Disney Universe (we borrowed it from Redbox for the night to see if we like it or not - so far he gives it a ). Finn is trying to go to sleep. Dave & I are trying to figure out what we've done with our younger, hipper selves

I'm about to go in the kitchen and make some rootbeer floats. Regular for Phalen and with Vanilla Vodka for Dave & I That's the extent of our bigtime partying tonight
It is 9:39 pm here and DH and DS are playing PS3 while I am here....reading about YOUR trip....makes me feel like I was never Hip! LOL! Rootbeer float sounds good though!

Happy New Year...Thanks for sharing!

Lisa
May, 2010 - Pop Century
September, 2010 - Polynesian

[/url]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: