Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #31
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
So glad you like it! Welcome aboard (although I'll warn you, some of the ladies in here, well, they're a little crazy - lovable, but crazy - so prepare for a fun ride!
Thanks!

And hey I'm a little crazy too! It makes life much more interesting.

Btw, I am super excited to see your autographed squares. I got a sewing machine a couple of years ago for Christmas but never had any lessons. I managed to teach myself how to sew a rag quilt, but I would LOVE to do a quilt with autographs. Last time we went we did the pillowcase thing, which my DD4 LOVES and sleeps with every night.

I think it would be neat to collect the autographs over a few trips and try to get as many as you possibly can! Maybe I will have to start doing that next month when we go.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #32
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

I here too! Love how you did it journal style. How did you do it. This will be perfect to make a scrap book later on.

Quote:

So glad you like it! Welcome aboard (although I'll warn you, some of the ladies in here, well, they're a little crazy - lovable, but crazy - so prepare for a fun ride!
Who us?????
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #33
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the warning... It's a little late though... Ya think you could have warned me any sooner??? I could have been corrupted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Who us?????
Yes, you.

D~
Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #34
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Loving the update!!

The same parade started right in front of us while we were down there in May, and like you we couldn't resist the front row viewing.

Those jeans are adorable and look easy to do once you explained it to me. Might just have to steal that idea. Don't you just love the Disney Outlet. It is so addicting.

So there is a lot of crazy women around here huh . . . we should all get around just fine.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #35
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thanks for the warning... It's a little late though... Ya think you could have warned me any sooner??? I could have been corrupted...
Really D, who do you think you are talking to here? We all know that you are the one who is doing the corrupting.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #36
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Wow! Love how you're doing your TR! Your boys are too cute! And I LOOOVE the Mickey shoes!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #37
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Loving the posts!!! You are doing a great job on the "scrapbooking" of the TR!

I can't believe that you sewed 38 things to wear!!!!

One little note - if you are going to print these for your boys, the page about the Speedway has a typo. Instead of the it should be he. Just letting you know in case you are making an album!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #38
budafam
DIS Veteran

love this idea and might just need to do this next time we do a trip report i like doing something different each time, great job!
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

Old 12-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #39
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
So sorry that Finn wasn't tall enough yet, he was adorable in the picture though.

Your shoes are AWESOME, wish they would have had better support for you.

Love the pictures of Finn and Phalen at the speedway, they look so happy. Also loved the one with you and the Fairy Godmother.

The Decoupage jeans are amazing, so cute.

I am really loving how you are doing this trip report, so creative and fun! I can't wait to read more... well after you de-Christmas.

Thanks!!! I feel like I learned a bunch on this trip . . .lots of what works and doesn't work for us. I guess that means we just have to go back so we can put all of that valuable knowledge to use, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
I love your trip report!!! It is so neat!!!! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!!!

Thanks!!! and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemama View Post
Love how you're doing it! I may do it like this for our scrapbook! How fun! Can't wait to read more!

I totally didn't think about printing them out when I was done until everyone started asking if I was going to - but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nov02mom View Post
Whatever...you're the one who sewed 38 pieces of stuff!!!

I have Black Chicken free wine coupons when you're de-christmased!!!

WooHoo!!!! Does that read "FREE WINE" ???

And remember, we already KNEW I was crazy We all are from "The Board that Must NOT Be Named", aren't we? We must be . . . There's no koolaid drinking going on with US any longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
Thanks!

And hey I'm a little crazy too! It makes life much more interesting.

Btw, I am super excited to see your autographed squares. I got a sewing machine a couple of years ago for Christmas but never had any lessons. I managed to teach myself how to sew a rag quilt, but I would LOVE to do a quilt with autographs. Last time we went we did the pillowcase thing, which my DD4 LOVES and sleeps with every night.

I think it would be neat to collect the autographs over a few trips and try to get as many as you possibly can! Maybe I will have to start doing that next month when we go.

I agree! A little crazy DOES make life much more interesting!
After I de-Christmas (because although I cleaned up a bunch today, I can't get the ornament boxes out of the attic without DH and he was off golfing all day) I plan on pulling out the autograph squares and coming up with a plan. I'll take pictures of them then and post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
I here too! Love how you did it journal style. How did you do it. This will be perfect to make a scrap book later on.

Who us?????

Hi! Sounds like Judy & I and the kids will be driving up at some point - are you ready for the Star Wars/AG/Embroidery Playdate? Oh! And D~ are you flying in? Michelle isn't far from the PVD airport so picking you and Patience up won't be a problem

As far as the journal pages - I'm making them in Pages on my Mac. I save them as PDF files and then crop them and save as a jpeg. I upload the jpegs to Photobucket and post the img link to the report Easy, right?

And yes, you . . . and D~ . . . and all the rest of my crazy DIS friends (both from the boards and from real life before the boards)

Quote:

Yes, you.

D~

oh yeah - totally should have warned you . . .uhhuh, yeah, gee - I seem to remember that YOU were part of the Disboutiquers BEFORE me, so who should have warned whom exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Loving the update!!

The same parade started right in front of us while we were down there in May, and like you we couldn't resist the front row viewing.

Those jeans are adorable and look easy to do once you explained it to me. Might just have to steal that idea. Don't you just love the Disney Outlet. It is so addicting.

So there is a lot of crazy women around here huh . . . we should all get around just fine.

Yup - you'll be fine

I thought it was a fun little parade! Actually, I'm really glad we stayed, since it ended up being the ONLY parade we saw all week But I'll save those details for the TR. . .

And Disney Outlet - well, I have a love/hate relationship with ours. It's at Concord Mills, which isn't so much an outlet mall like it used to be . . .so some stores ARE outlets and others aren't. . . and the Disney Store Outlet sort of straddles the line between outlet and regular. We get TONS of Disneyland merchandise and sometimes we get great outlet deals . . . but then there's always stuff that's sold in the regular Disney Store and at the same prices. But those shirts were a great deal - $4.99 a piece!

Quote:
Really D, who do you think you are talking to here? We all know that you are the one who is doing the corrupting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonapple_PRINCESS View Post
Wow! Love how you're doing your TR! Your boys are too cute! And I LOOOVE the Mickey shoes!

Aw! Thanks!!!! Glad to have you here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Loving the posts!!! You are doing a great job on the "scrapbooking" of the TR!

I can't believe that you sewed 38 things to wear!!!!

One little note - if you are going to print these for your boys, the page about the Speedway has a typo. Instead of the it should be he. Just letting you know in case you are making an album!

Thanks! And yes - 38 things . . . if I counted correctly. . . might have been more. I know I sewed OTHER things during the same time period because I participated in Big Gives and made a couple of gifts for friends.
Ack! I tried to proof my own work - sometimes it just doesn't go as planned though! Thanks for pointing that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
love this idea and might just need to do this next time we do a trip report. i like doing something different each time, great job!

Thanks! And welcome!!!

Okay - so you can all thank D~ for my lack of new pages tonight. I decided that I won't post any for at least the next 12 hours until she puts up the pictures of her newest creation. . .

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
Old 12-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #40
DMGeurts

Quote:

Okay - so you can all thank D~ for my lack of new pages tonight. I decided that I won't post any for at least the next 12 hours until she puts up the pictures of her newest creation. . .
I am only replying to this part tonight... Not to worry... I'll respond to the rest of you later...

No fair that you're holding your TR hostage with my PTR - I can only sew so fast girly ...

D~
Old 12-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #41
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Quote:
I am only replying to this part tonight... Not to worry... I'll respond to the rest of you later...

No fair that you're holding your TR hostage with my PTR - I can only sew so fast girly ...

D~

You me

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
Old 12-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #42
erikawolf2004
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Loving your trip report so far and the jeans and shoes are adorable! Looking forward to seeing all those outfits!

Old 12-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #43
DMGeurts

Quote:
Moi???? Now, what gave you that idea???

Quote:

You me

D~
Old 12-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #44
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:

Thanks!!! I feel like I learned a bunch on this trip . . .lots of what works and doesn't work for us. I guess that means we just have to go back so we can put all of that valuable knowledge to use, right?

I want to go!!!

I totally didn't think about printing them out when I was done until everyone started asking if I was going to - but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea!

You definitely should, it was the FIRST thing I thought of..and you can teach me that while we sew, I have a MAC!

And remember, we already KNEW I was crazy We all are from "The Board that Must NOT Be Named", aren't we? We must be . . . There's no koolaid drinking going on with US any longer!

Must know what that means....I am nosy like that!

I agree! A little crazy DOES make life much more interesting!
After I de-Christmas (because although I cleaned up a bunch today, I can't get the ornament boxes out of the attic without DH and he was off golfing all day) I plan on pulling out the autograph squares and coming up with a plan. I'll take pictures of them then and post!

That is what we were doing when Rachel showed me the "blotches" on Bandit...I love the autograph book plan!

Hi! Sounds like Judy & I and the kids will be driving up at some point - are you ready for the Star Wars/AG/Embroidery Playdate? Oh! And D~ are you flying in? Michelle isn't far from the PVD airport so picking you and Patience up won't be a problem
I am READY...I can be packed in ten minutes!

And Disney Outlet - well, I have a love/hate relationship with ours. It's at Concord Mills, which isn't so much an outlet mall like it used to be . . .so some stores ARE outlets and others aren't. . . and the Disney Store Outlet sort of straddles the line between outlet and regular. We get TONS of Disneyland merchandise and sometimes we get great outlet deals . . . but then there's always stuff that's sold in the regular Disney Store and at the same prices. But those shirts were a great deal - $4.99 a piece!

I SOOOOOOOOO Agree with you on this, so frustrating since they can't carry some thing's since they are an "Outlet". You aren't too far form my house when you go to Concord MIlls...hint hint...

Thanks! And yes - 38 things . . . if I counted correctly. . . might have been more. I know I sewed OTHER things during the same time period because I participated in Big Gives and made a couple of gifts for friends.
Ack! I tried to proof my own work - sometimes it just doesn't go as planned though! Thanks for pointing that out!

PLUS SIX EXTRA Iron ONs for us, in addition to Lisa and Molly's capes!

ACCCKKKK, so much pressure on D~!!!!!

Last edited by blessedmom4; 12-31-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #45
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:

And yes, you . . . and D~ . . . and all the rest of my crazy DIS friends (both from the boards and from real life before the boards)

Sounds like a fun plan. Maybe Andrea can come up too and check on her house And I'll pick D up from the airport

Quote:

As far as the journal pages - I'm making them in Pages on my Mac. I save them as PDF files and then crop them and save as a jpeg. I upload the jpegs to Photobucket and post the img link to the report Easy, right?

You lost me at MAC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: