Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #151
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
Y'all crack me up! And like Judy said, I'm 15 minutes TOPS from the airport, so I'm happy to pick people up too. We have a guest sofa bed (it's in the playroom) that is available for dibs also I think it would be so much fun if y'all came to visit this summer!!! And yes, D~ , you can help me refurb. that machine if I haven't gotten to it by then!!!

Wawesome!!! I don't care whose house I sleep at, as long as it's free... This would be such a fun trip!

Quote:
[I'll even go so far as to promise trips to Mary Jo's, any and all area Walmarts with fabric departments, Jo-Ann's, Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and the quilting shops like Sew Much Fun and Queen Bee . . . We could easily fit four machines around my dining room table too
This would be a blast too... So, you actually want me to bring $$? LOL Here I thought you all just wanted to meet Patience?

Obviously, this will have to be an extended weekend trip...

So, are we going to do a sew along??? That would be tons of fun... we could all make the same thing to commemorate the weekend.

Quote:
[Michelle - I still think we need to get everyone to RI too . . . hmm . . . I know Lisa, Megan & D~ can all fly here and then everyone can road trip it to RI together!!! We can take them to BOTH Just Fabrics locations, RYCO, etc!

Andrea - are you getting in on any of these trips???
How about if we rotate years??? Every year, we could all get together at someone's house. I am sure that no one would mind sleeping under my sewing machines on the floor.

Quote:
[So - I've been a busy girl today. This morning I had a nice facebook chat with D~ and then took the boys to Sebastian's 7th Birthday Party at the Bowling Alley. After that we stopped at Hancock Fabrics because I needed thread to be able to finish the major pixie dusting I was doing for D~ and her girls. They had the Maxi-Lock cones on sale for $1.99! My machine really likes that thread - especially for satin stitching. I was able to get every color I needed in a cone except for blue.
Then I came home and while Phalen rode his bike I battled with Finn to take a much needed nap . . . all the while I was working on that pixie dust! I'd LOVE to show y'all a picture of the finished product, but then D~ wouldn't be surprised . . . I DID take pictures though . . .
I then had to find a box for this pixie dust. Searched high and low, found one, put everything inside - taped the box shut, wrapped the box in brown postal paper, taped it up. . . and then realized I hadn't put the shirt D~ had me pick up for her at the Disney Outlet in
There was no way I was unwrapping that box . . . so I put the shirt in a gallon ziploc bag and taped it to the box and then wrapped the whole thing in MORE brown postal paper and taped it up. I'd love to share pictures, but they're on my phone and it doesn't want to cooperate with my computer.
Yes... that was a nice little chat.

I am dying to see what's inside of the box, seeing as I know what's outside the box. BTW... That was so nice of you to send me a picture of the box... Just wait until the next time you take a trip...

D~ <--- who is uber tired and can't keep her eyes open any longer, but I had a can of diet Cherry Coke with dinner tonight, and dd #2 is babysitting at the neighbor's... I don't like going to bed with out all my kidlets all tucked into bed.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #152
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

:co ol1:

Guess what I just did?
I posted pictures on my Facebook wall of the surprise I made for D~ and her girls and SHE CAN'T SEE THEM!!!! I blocked her from seeing the pics!!!!!

So - mosey on over and check them out!!!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #153
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Sounds like this is going to be quite the adventure this summer! D~ hope you can make it out!

hmm hobby lobby I'll hit the scrapbooking area ....so when's everyone coming to WA? I don't have lots of space....Megan's room has a queen bed, have a blow up single and the couch too! so we could be cozy!
love the idea of going to visit other friends each year!

will have to go take a look at your FB page....I can see it! D~ is going to love it!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #154
DMGeurts

Quote:
:co ol1:

Guess what I just did?
I posted pictures on my Facebook wall of the surprise I made for D~ and her girls and SHE CAN'T SEE THEM!!!! I blocked her from seeing the pics!!!!!

So - mosey on over and check them out!!!
Cruel... I wanna see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Sounds like this is going to be quite the adventure this summer! D~ hope you can make it out!

hmm hobby lobby I'll hit the scrapbooking area ....so when's everyone coming to WA? I don't have lots of space....Megan's room has a queen bed, have a blow up single and the couch too! so we could be cozy!
love the idea of going to visit other friends each year!

will have to go take a look at your FB page....I can see it! D~ is going to love it!!!
YOu guys can wait till the girls move out to visit us...Then you all can have the girls' beds. I am sure Josh will go to the lake... rather than being over come with women, obsessed with Disney and their sewing machines. His worst nightmare. LOL

D~
Old 01-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #155
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Cruel... I wanna see....

YOu guys can wait till the girls move out to visit us...Then you all can have the girls' beds. I am sure Josh will go to the lake... rather than being over come with women, obsessed with Disney and their sewing machines. His worst nightmare. LOL

D~

No you don't You want to be surprised! :D

I was, however, giggling like crazy last night when I figured out how to post those pictures without you being able to see them

Today I have to excavate my room and hallway from the piles of laundry (at least a lot of it is clean and just needs to be put away). I also need to clean up my sewing area (have to deal with the laundry first as DH thought my sewing area was a good place for clean clothes) and make an attempt to clean the rest of the house ... and all of this has to be done AFTER church (which doesn't start until 10:40). My little sister (sorority, not blood, but might as well be) called on Friday to say she wanted to stop and see me on her way back from Raleigh on Monday!!! We have totally lost touch the last couple of years and I miss her.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #156
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Y'all crack me up! And like Judy said, I'm 15 minutes TOPS from the airport, so I'm happy to pick people up too. We have a guest sofa bed (it's in the playroom) that is available for dibs also I think it would be so much fun if y'all came to visit this summer!!! And yes, D~ , you can help me refurb. that machine if I haven't gotten to it by then!!!

I'll even go so far as to promise trips to Mary Jo's, any and all area Walmarts with fabric departments, Jo-Ann's, Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and the quilting shops like Sew Much Fun and Queen Bee . . . We could easily fit four machines around my dining room table too

Michelle - I still think we need to get everyone to RI too . . . hmm . . . I know Lisa, Megan & D~ can all fly here and then everyone can road trip it to RI together!!! We can take them to BOTH Just Fabrics locations, RYCO, etc!

Andrea - are you getting in on any of these trips???

That is not fair that you have so many places for fabric shopping.

But we definitely will take them there to Ryco's and Just Fabric. RI is great in the summer

But I really want to go to NYC and shop in the Garment District. My mom went last year and only got to go in a few stores.

Quote:

I was, however, giggling like crazy last night when I figured out how to post those pictures without you being able to see them
D you are going to love it
Old 01-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #157
DMGeurts

Quote:

You're right, I do. But I can still complain about it.

Quote:
[I was, however, giggling like crazy last night when I figured out how to post those pictures without you being able to see them
You're awfully sneaky...

Quote:
[Today I have to excavate my room and hallway from the piles of laundry (at least a lot of it is clean and just needs to be put away). I also need to clean up my sewing area (have to deal with the laundry first as DH thought my sewing area was a good place for clean clothes) and make an attempt to clean the rest of the house ... and all of this has to be done AFTER church (which doesn't start until 10:40). My little sister (sorority, not blood, but might as well be) called on Friday to say she wanted to stop and see me on her way back from Raleigh on Monday!!! We have totally lost touch the last couple of years and I miss her.

Sorry, but that'll teach DH to use you're sewing space for clean clothes storage, because you'll just pile everything on the bed.

Have fun with your little sister today. Glad you'll get time to reconnect.

D~
Old 01-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #158
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
That is not fair that you have so many places for fabric shopping.

But we definitely will take them there to Ryco's and Just Fabric. RI is great in the summer

But I really want to go to NYC and shop in the Garment District. My mom went last year and only got to go in a few stores.

D you are going to love it
OMG! That's it! We're going! My mom & I have been planning a trip to NYC for fabric shopping this summer. . .you're going to have to come with!
Anyone else want to join us? I'm telling you, if I could become a travel agent for the Disboutiquers I could maybe actually afford this fabric addiction

And, I can tell you, there is no place on earth that I've found so far as Just Fabric. I would be in SERIOUS trouble if I lived in RI full time!!! Even Mary Jo's, while beyond awesome, cannot hold a candle to Just Fabric's Disney stuff (and Just Fabrics beats anyone's prices that I've found!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
You're right, I do. But I can still complain about it.

You're awfully sneaky...

Sorry, but that'll teach DH to use you're sewing space for clean clothes storage, because you'll just pile everything on the bed.

Have fun with your little sister today. Glad you'll get time to reconnect.

D~
Hehehe - The problem is the table in my sewing area. . . I try to keep it cleaned off so it's ready to go when I need it . . . it also happens to be on DH's side of the bed so it becomes his 'catch-all' . . .

okay! must run! DH made pancakes!!!

Old 01-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #159
Blyssfull
Mouseketeer

I LOVE! your trip report. It's so much fun to read. I could just squeeze your boys to pieces. Thanks for the sweet words!

I WANNA COME!!!! I'll bring my PE770 so y'all can burn it up. I have a nephew that lives in Concord with his Mama. And my parents have a second home in Hayesville, NC we go to ALLL the time since my middle brother lives there. I really love NC, I think if I didn't live in Georgia, that would be my next choice. And I have ALWAYS been a HUUUUUGE Duke Blue Devils (basketball) fan.

Then y'all are welcome to ATL to stay with me. Lets pick a week when my hubby is out of state/country with business and you can even bring your kiddos. We have five bedrooms so there's plenty of room for everyone. We'll order pizza and live on Disney movies. We don't really have great fabric stores here tho so we'll have to buy all our fabric in NC and then sew it all up here. hehe!! Or just site see.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #160
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyssfull View Post
I LOVE! your trip report. It's so much fun to read. I could just squeeze your boys to pieces. Thanks for the sweet words!

I WANNA COME!!!! I'll bring my PE770 so y'all can burn it up. I have a nephew that lives in Concord with his Mama. And my parents have a second home in Hayesville, NC we go to ALLL the time since my middle brother lives there. I really love NC, I think if I didn't live in Georgia, that would be my next choice. And I have ALWAYS been a HUUUUUGE Duke Blue Devils (basketball) fan.

Then y'all are welcome to ATL to stay with me. Lets pick a week when my hubby is out of state/country with business and you can even bring your kiddos. We have five bedrooms so there's plenty of room for everyone. We'll order pizza and live on Disney movies. We don't really have great fabric stores here tho so we'll have to buy all our fabric in NC and then sew it all up here. hehe!! Or just site see.

yay! another recruit for our girls weekend trips!!!!

Glad you're liking the TR! Thank YOU for helping make my Disney outfits a reality in time for my trip!!!

Old 01-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #161
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:

Megan and I might be going down to ATL after we visit Charlotte (have 3 other friends , one is a DISer, that live in the ATL area!
maybe we can meet up!

Old 01-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #162
DMGeurts

Quote:

Ooooh - that sounds fun!!! We could do that... Lets not do Disney movies, lets just take a road trip to Disney...

Beth, I have a whole list of things I could do with that machine of yours.

Quote:
Megan and I might be going down to ATL after we visit Charlotte (have 3 other friends , one is a DISer, that live in the ATL area!
maybe we can meet up!
Um.... Hello???? Minnesota???? MSP.... Intl. airport... D~......

D~
Old 01-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #163
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
maybe we can meet up!
Atlanta! Yes!

Sorry, didn't mean to shout.... I'm about an hour outside Atlanta...on the east side...closer to Athens....

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Old 01-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #164
mphalens

I am LOVING these summer trip plans, ladies! FAB-U-LOUS!!!!

I'm going to work on some more TR pages tonight . . . hope to get them uploaded to photobucket and posted tonight, but if not, sometime tomorrow

We are in the beginning of another crazy storm here in Charlotte tonight I don't understand WHAT is going on with the weather!

OH! And I mailed D~'s pixie dust this morning . . . as it turned out, the cheapest way to send it was in the medium flat rate priority shipping box . . . so all of my crazy packaging was for naught. I DID just slip the whole thing INTO the flat rate box though, so hopefully when D~ gets it on Thursday she'll take some "un-wrapping" pictures

Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #165
DMGeurts

Can't wait for the next installment.

D~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: