Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #136
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post

Oooh! Lisa - do you see this??? I think we need to work on D~ coming to Charlotte this summer while you & Megan are here!

LOL I need some dates... and some extra $$

Quote:
[Books are perfectly fine Novels, encyclopedias, short stories . . . all A-Ok Someone has to add to this TR and it doesn't appear to be me posting new trip pages at the moment!
LOL I can't imagine how long it must take you to make each of your pages... I am actually surprised you are posting them as fast as you are.

Quote:
[Britax is still right up there in the carseat hierarchy . . . I've learned a lot being a part of this panel. . . they have different cover fashions for their various seats - so usually a cover you would get on a seat from Target you wouldn't see anywhere else. . . Babies R Us has some like that too . . . but the seat itself is the same seat across the board
I'm just excited that Finn will finally get to pick out his "big boy" car seat. We needed the last focus group freebie seat for Phalen and there's no way we could buy Finn a new seat like he wants . . . so he knows he had to wait until we got to do another focus group panel.
Excellent factoid... Just glad you get a free seat... They are so expensive and it always made me feel so much better that we had good car seats - thankfully we never needed them, but you just never know.

D~
Old 01-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #137
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Mini Soapbox moment...

Good car seats are so important! That is the only reason Mr D is still alive today! His car seat broke into, but he survived. My husband uses that seat in his classes to show why they are so important...and yet, people STILL buy them at garage sales!!!!!

Off the soapbox now!

I love reading your tr! They are worth the wait...

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #138
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer429 View Post
lurker her posting to say that your boys are adorable!!! I'm really enjoying your report :D keep up the good work (those outfits are amazing!!)
thanks! and welcome out of lurkdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Awesome update (as usual!)!!!! Very precious!

Sorry you missed MSEP.

Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momminnie View Post
I just started your TR and I am all caught up. I love the scrapbook style. It makes reading it so much easier. No to mention that I am a scrapbook girl and love to look at everyone's photos. Can't wait for the next update. Your boys are just too precious.

Aw!! Thank you! I'm definitely enjoying making this trip report! Glad others are enjoying it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Love the update! Too bad everyone missed seeing the electrical parade. That is the only thing I dislike about going to Disney at Halloween or Christmas time - all the party nights make is so they only run the regular parades on a very limited basis.

I'm impressed that you got any pictures at all with Finn on your shoulders. What a great memory.

Yeah - it was the only night we were there that the electrical parade was happening I was so bummed to miss it!!!

Lucky for me, Finn knows how to keep himself steady on my shoulders so I can snap a few pictures. . . unfortunately for me, how he does this usually results in some major neck pain for me after he's down from his perch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

LOL I can't imagine how long it must take you to make each of your pages... I am actually surprised you are posting them as fast as you are.

Excellent factoid... Just glad you get a free seat... They are so expensive and it always made me feel so much better that we had good car seats - thankfully we never needed them, but you just never know.

D~

Yes - Lisa - when are you heading to Charlotte this summer?

The pages don't really take that long (the smaller ones without a lot of text anyways) - It's pretty much the same format on every page and on a mac when you know the shortcuts it's really quick . . .

I'm super glad the seats are free too - the last two seats we purchased were NOT cheap and basically were super super expensive birthday gifts for the boys. But, since Phalen turns 7 in a couple of weeks and is STILL in a 5 pt harness and will be for at least a couple more years (until he outgrows his seat for height & weight - and his seat goes to 85lbs harnessed and 57" tall - seated height 20" and THEN becomes a high back booster seat) it was worth the investment. Same with Finn's last purchased seat - if he hadn't started getting car-sick last summer he would still be rear-facing. We had to turn him forward-facing but his seat goes to 70lbs harnessed and 49" tall or 16.75" seated. This is the kid that's 36" tall and maybe 30lbs. He's not outgrowing that seat any time soon. However, he is DESPERATE for a "big boy car seat like Phalen's" . . . so since it was his turn to get the free car seat, he chose a Frontier 85 in Maui Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Mini Soapbox moment...

Good car seats are so important! That is the only reason Mr D is still alive today! His car seat broke into, but he survived. My husband uses that seat in his classes to show why they are so important...and yet, people STILL buy them at garage sales!!!!!

Off the soapbox now!

I love reading your tr! They are worth the wait...

Nini

Nini - Feel free to have soapbox moments like that ANYTIME in my TR! I'm a bit of a crazy person when it comes to car seats. Thankfully, I've never had first hand experience of a crash that put my seats to the test, but I know too many people who have. We had a crash here in Charlotte last year where the mother (and her unborn child) didn't survive their injuries from a crash, but the daughter was fine because her car seat protected her. I really don't understand why car manufacturers aren't required to do more in the way they design car seats - if you look at the stats, my MOM should be in a booster seat to be properly restrained in a car.

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
Old 01-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #139
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:

D~

No dates for our trip to Charlotte as of yet....waiting on Judy to get the schedule for the girls summer camps...hope Megan will be able to join them for one of the camps...will hopefully know in the next couple of months, but will probably be late June (megan gets out of school june 21) to early July...we also hope to go down to Charleston , Megan was born there and maybe down to Atlanta to visit some other friends.

will keep you all posted when we are going!

D~ just keep sewing those amazing bags and you will make enough to come play too!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #140
DMGeurts

Quote:
I'm super glad the seats are free too - the last two seats we purchased were NOT cheap and basically were super super expensive birthday gifts for the boys. But, since Phalen turns 7 in a couple of weeks and is STILL in a 5 pt harness and will be for at least a couple more years (until he outgrows his seat for height & weight - and his seat goes to 85lbs harnessed and 57" tall - seated height 20" and THEN becomes a high back booster seat) it was worth the investment. Same with Finn's last purchased seat - if he hadn't started getting car-sick last summer he would still be rear-facing. We had to turn him forward-facing but his seat goes to 70lbs harnessed and 49" tall or 16.75" seated. This is the kid that's 36" tall and maybe 30lbs. He's not outgrowing that seat any time soon. However, he is DESPERATE for a "big boy car seat like Phalen's" . . . so since it was his turn to get the free car seat, he chose a Frontier 85 in Maui Blue.[/SIZE][/FONT]
OK... I have to vent too - even though mine is a distant memory... While Josh was in Iraq, MN passed the new car seat laws - I can't remember the exact requirements anymore - but it was sooo frustrating, because the manufacturers DID NOT MAKE a car seat to fit the state law requirements. My bff and I searched for months for a car seat to fit Allison, and it was impossible. Most of them were too narrow (and she was not huge by any means), and it was so frustrating. We did end up finding ONE car seat - and she only used it for a year before she out grew it... I don't know if things have changed, now that so many states have changed their laws, but I found it totally impossible to find a car seat to fit Alli properly, and it really angered me that I couldn't properly protect my child... Honestly, they'd still be in car seats if I could find one to fit them... Even though Allison is 4" taller than I am now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
No dates for our trip to Charlotte as of yet....waiting on Judy to get the schedule for the girls summer camps...hope Megan will be able to join them for one of the camps...will hopefully know in the next couple of months, but will probably be late June (megan gets out of school june 21) to early July...we also hope to go down to Charleston , Megan was born there and maybe down to Atlanta to visit some other friends.

will keep you all posted when we are going!

D~ just keep sewing those amazing bags and you will make enough to come play too!
Well, keep us updated.

Josh already told me that most of my sewing $$ now needs to go into our family budget (after this trip) - he saw all the dough I've been raking in (really, not so much, if you figure the math) and feels it should be part of our income now. So, less $$ for play, more $$ for bills. <---- Sarcasm.

D~
Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #141
mommy2mrb

Quote:
OK... I have to vent too - even though mine is a distant memory... While Josh was in Iraq, MN passed the new car seat laws - I can't remember the exact requirements anymore - but it was sooo frustrating, because the manufacturers DID NOT MAKE a car seat to fit the state law requirements. My bff and I searched for months for a car seat to fit Allison, and it was impossible. Most of them were too narrow (and she was not huge by any means), and it was so frustrating. We did end up finding ONE car seat - and she only used it for a year before she out grew it... I don't know if things have changed, now that so many states have changed their laws, but I found it totally impossible to find a car seat to fit Alli properly, and it really angered me that I couldn't properly protect my child... Honestly, they'd still be in car seats if I could find one to fit them... Even though Allison is 4" taller than I am now.

Well, keep us updated.

Josh already told me that most of my sewing $$ now needs to go into our family budget (after this trip) - he saw all the dough I've been raking in (really, not so much, if you figure the math) and feels it should be part of our income now. So, less $$ for play, more $$ for bills. <---- Sarcasm.

D~
I had problems when Megan outgrew her car seat early, she was in a booster with the back, just using the seat belt by age 3 since she was so tall....lucky for us she never tried to unbuckle herself! my mom's neighbor does the car seat check at thelocal police station, she is shocked how many are not installed correctly!

Well paying off bills is a good thing too! maybe if you could find a really cheap airfare he will let you come play!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #142
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Marianne...LOVING the updates; you are SOOOOO far ahead of me on the reporting..and you just got back (or so it seems to me). I am in LOVE with your figment bag. D~ Has done such an AMAZING job on all of her bags and she told me several weeks ago she was in the planning stages for wheel chair bags...I could put them all to good use!

Marianne, the boys are simply precious and I love all of the outfits, I am SOOOO in awe of your skills. The trip report looks so wonderful and I LOVE the sweetness with Mulan.

Jazz Camp dates will not be announced until Late February...and that is the one that theater camp is planned around...so HOPEFULLY I can answer that question soon so we can have a big old party in Charlotte...Michelle, do you want to come too...We could have a great time and we can double up at our house so nobody would need a hotel...We have a guest room and our class room has a daybed with a popup twin bed...Plus I can always pitch a tent in the back yard for you all... Anybody else want to join us! (You might WANT to sleep outside, my house isn't fancy).

Marianne...slow down, you are putting me to shame!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #143
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Marianne...LOVING the updates; you are SOOOOO far ahead of me on the reporting..and you just got back (or so it seems to me). I am in LOVE with your figment bag. D~ Has done such an AMAZING job on all of her bags and she told me several weeks ago she was in the planning stages for wheel chair bags...I could put them all to good use!

Awww... Thanks Judy! I do have a wheelchair bag in the planning stages (it's still in my head, not on paper)... If you ever find some free time - could you please send me a list of "the ideal wheel chair bag"... Like what kind of pockets - inside or out or both... zippers, flaps - that sort of thing... I would even reward you greatly for your effort.

Quote:
[Marianne, the boys are simply precious and I love all of the outfits, I am SOOOO in awe of your skills. The trip report looks so wonderful and I LOVE the sweetness with Mulan.

Jazz Camp dates will not be announced until Late February...and that is the one that theater camp is planned around...so HOPEFULLY I can answer that question soon so we can have a big old party in Charlotte...Michelle, do you want to come too...We could have a great time and we can double up at our house so nobody would need a hotel...We have a guest room and our class room has a daybed with a popup twin bed...Plus I can always pitch a tent in the back yard for you all... Anybody else want to join us! (You might WANT to sleep outside, my house isn't fancy).

I would happily stay at anyone's house... Gosh, we would all have a blast... Seriously... I could probably make it happen this summer, especially if I could impose on everyone - it would be so much fun!!! Could someone pick me up from the airport??? D~ would need a ride - she doesn't do well driving in strange locales.

OK - now I am excited abou this trip too....

D~
Old 01-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #144
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Awww... Thanks Judy! I do have a wheelchair bag in the planning stages (it's still in my head, not on paper)... If you ever find some free time - could you please send me a list of "the ideal wheel chair bag"... Like what kind of pockets - inside or out or both... zippers, flaps - that sort of thing... I would even reward you greatly for your effort.

I would happily stay at anyone's house... Gosh, we would all have a blast... Seriously... I could probably make it happen this summer, especially if I could impose on everyone - it would be so much fun!!! Could someone pick me up from the airport??? D~ would need a ride - she doesn't do well driving in strange locales.

OK - now I am excited abou this trip too....

D~

a wheelchair bag sounds wonderful!

if you can get to Charlotte getting you at the airport is easy! Charlotte's pretty easy to get around from what I can remember!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #145
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:

I would love to come but we have to go shopping at that fabric store everyone talks about and I will bring my embroidery machine and D can bring Patience
Old 01-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #146
DMGeurts

Quote:

if you can get to Charlotte getting you at the airport is easy! Charlotte's pretty easy to get around from what I can remember!
Does that mean you're volunteering to pick me up Lisa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
I would love to come but we have to go shopping at that fabric store everyone talks about and I will bring my embroidery machine and D can bring Patience
That would be awesome Michelle... You should definately come! Not sure about Miss P. though... She has flight issues.

D~
Old 01-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #147
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

We have HIJACKED Marianne's thread!

I will pick you up D~ I am VERY good at getting to and from the airport! I go out there several times a week (EVERYTHING David does seems to be out that way) and Marianne lives fairly close to the airport as well.

Michelle, I would LOVE it if you (and your embroidery machine) could come...I am already drooling at the prospect! I understand about Patience D~...But I do have some fabric I picked up cheap if we could get Marianne's machine. AND we could go to all the fabric stores and Wal-mart's with fabric....We could have a BLAST!

D~, I will be happy to share some ides on what I like in a wheelchair bag! There are NEVER enough pockets! They always make them like a big, open sack...I LIKE to be organized! And you wouldn't be imposing if you stayed at our house...I offered.

Rachel just called me...Now I must go examine Bandit's poop...all those years of nursing school put to great use with The Miracle Dog....
Old 01-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #148
blessedmom4

Quote:

I just had to say...HA! The crowds these days can be quite of course, I am a native and remember when...
Old 01-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #149
DMGeurts

Quote:
We have HIJACKED Marianne's thread!

Yah, she should probably stop fussing with all these wonderful Pixie Dustin's she's making us, and come play on The Dis.

Quote:
[I will pick you up D~ I am VERY good at getting to and from the airport! I go out there several times a week (EVERYTHING David does seems to be out that way) and Marianne lives fairly close to the airport as well.
AWESOME!!! I snore though... Just thought I'd forewarn.

Quote:
[Michelle, I would LOVE it if you (and your embroidery machine) could come...I am already drooling at the prospect! I understand about Patience D~...But I do have some fabric I picked up cheap if we could get Marianne's machine. AND we could go to all the fabric stores and Wal-mart's with fabric....We could have a BLAST!
This would be so much fun!!! I could help everyone refurb their vintage machines that they'll have by then.

Quote:
[D~, I will be happy to share some ides on what I like in a wheelchair bag! There are NEVER enough pockets! They always make them like a big, open sack...I LIKE to be organized!
Keep the ideas coming... I am copying everything you say into a Word doc. Inside pockets, outside pockets - dimensions (deep/shallow?)... Is there something you've always wanted a pocket for, but never get??? I really want to customize this bag for what people need.

Quote:
[And you wouldn't be imposing if you stayed at our house...I offered.
Yay!!!

Quote:
[Rachel just called me...Now I must go examine Bandit's poop...all those years of nursing school put to great use with The Miracle Dog....
Ack - I hope everything is still OK.

D~
Old 01-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #150
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Y'all crack me up! And like Judy said, I'm 15 minutes TOPS from the airport, so I'm happy to pick people up too. We have a guest sofa bed (it's in the playroom) that is available for dibs also I think it would be so much fun if y'all came to visit this summer!!! And yes, D~ , you can help me refurb. that machine if I haven't gotten to it by then!!!

I'll even go so far as to promise trips to Mary Jo's, any and all area Walmarts with fabric departments, Jo-Ann's, Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and the quilting shops like Sew Much Fun and Queen Bee . . . We could easily fit four machines around my dining room table too

Michelle - I still think we need to get everyone to RI too . . . hmm . . . I know Lisa, Megan & D~ can all fly here and then everyone can road trip it to RI together!!! We can take them to BOTH Just Fabrics locations, RYCO, etc!

Andrea - are you getting in on any of these trips???

So - I've been a busy girl today. This morning I had a nice facebook chat with D~ and then took the boys to Sebastian's 7th Birthday Party at the Bowling Alley. After that we stopped at Hancock Fabrics because I needed thread to be able to finish the major pixie dusting I was doing for D~ and her girls. They had the Maxi-Lock cones on sale for $1.99! My machine really likes that thread - especially for satin stitching. I was able to get every color I needed in a cone except for blue.
Then I came home and while Phalen rode his bike I battled with Finn to take a much needed nap . . . all the while I was working on that pixie dust! I'd LOVE to show y'all a picture of the finished product, but then D~ wouldn't be surprised . . . I DID take pictures though . . .
I then had to find a box for this pixie dust. Searched high and low, found one, put everything inside - taped the box shut, wrapped the box in brown postal paper, taped it up. . . and then realized I hadn't put the shirt D~ had me pick up for her at the Disney Outlet in
There was no way I was unwrapping that box . . . so I put the shirt in a gallon ziploc bag and taped it to the box and then wrapped the whole thing in MORE brown postal paper and taped it up. I'd love to share pictures, but they're on my phone and it doesn't want to cooperate with my computer.

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: