Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Disney Service and South American Tour Groups!

We are just back from 16 days at WDW and had the most amazing trip.

Firstly the service from Disney cast members this time (as well as other trips) was outstanding. Nowhere else in the world do you get service like that. They are helpful, they smile, they are polite and so friendly. We did not have one even slightly negative encounter the whole trip and were constantly surprised by how nice everyone was. My Mum who loves gardening had a lovely chat with someone from horticulture in Epcot who was tending the flower beds. He was delighted to hear that mum had noticed the planting and complimented him on how beautiful it was. They chatted about plants for ages and it was a lovely encounter with someone who perhaps was not usually found talking to guests. So to any cast members out there thank you so much for helping to make our trip so so magical! You are all amazing and I hope you know how much your attitude at work really does make the difference to someones time at WDW!

When we were there the tour group season was in full swing. Everywhere we looked there were groups all with matching shirts. We would see if we could spot all the colours of the rainbow everyday and we did pretty well!!! However, they did not impact our trip in any way what so ever. The ride times were pretty low considering the time of year. Their chants and songs seemed to occur less and actually were quite fun to listen to and watch when they did do it (usually when everyone was bored waiting for a show or parade!). I didn't see any line cutting or rudeness and the one time when 3 girls cut in front of my little girl they apologised and said they didnt see her and took her hand to get her to the front. Very nice young girls! Was dreading being there the same time as these groups and I have to admit that previous encounters were not so positive but maybe things are changing?
Old 07-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Thank you for posting your report. I'm so glad that you had such a positive experience both with the CMs and with the Tour Groups.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great time...good to see a nice, positive post here! Planning my trip for November, and I seem to be seeing lots of negative things...so this is good!
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

Old 07-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading this - thanks for posting!
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 07-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
mickyzzzzz05
DIS Veteran

Great post

I really enjoyed your post. It was informative and so positive. Loved it!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

We also saw a lot of tour groups and saw no issues with them either. They only time we even heard any chanting was at the end of an evening at MK after Wishes, they were congalining back to the very last bus stop, and they were chanting something, it was actually kind of cute!

Although it was funny one day when we walked up to Jungle Cruise and the Standby line was very short, so we get in line. Well all of a sudden a tour group approaches and the CM there has this look of panic on her face and she tries to rearrange all the ropes in the que so she can adjust the line for this big influx of people. I felt bad for her but it all worked out and she hustled!
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Old 07-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The South American tour groups (not just Brazil, but Paraguay, Argentina and Uruguay as well) were staying at my resort (All Star Music). There was not a lot of impact at the resort except for one night when visiting the food court at the same time as most of them. There was some chanting in the parks but none at the resort. A little bit of running and screaming down the walkways at night but we couldn't tell who was doing that. Didn't encounter them en masse on the buses.

They now have CMs in green shirts who are apparently assigned to the tour groups as guides or assistants.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
We are just back from 16 days at WDW and had the most amazing trip.

Firstly the service from Disney cast members this time (as well as other trips) was outstanding. Nowhere else in the world do you get service like that. They are helpful, they smile, they are polite and so friendly. We did not have one even slightly negative encounter the whole trip and were constantly surprised by how nice everyone was. My Mum who loves gardening had a lovely chat with someone from horticulture in Epcot who was tending the flower beds. He was delighted to hear that mum had noticed the planting and complimented him on how beautiful it was. They chatted about plants for ages and it was a lovely encounter with someone who perhaps was not usually found talking to guests. So to any cast members out there thank you so much for helping to make our trip so so magical! You are all amazing and I hope you know how much your attitude at work really does make the difference to someones time at WDW!

When we were there the tour group season was in full swing. Everywhere we looked there were groups all with matching shirts. We would see if we could spot all the colours of the rainbow everyday and we did pretty well!!! However, they did not impact our trip in any way what so ever. The ride times were pretty low considering the time of year. Their chants and songs seemed to occur less and actually were quite fun to listen to and watch when they did do it (usually when everyone was bored waiting for a show or parade!). I didn't see any line cutting or rudeness and the one time when 3 girls cut in front of my little girl they apologised and said they didnt see her and took her hand to get her to the front. Very nice young girls! Was dreading being there the same time as these groups and I have to admit that previous encounters were not so positive but maybe things are changing?
Thanks for your very positive report. Most of our trips are just like yours, because we go with an excited outlook and don't let petty things ruin our enjoyment. We don't look for negative, so therefore don't see it
But, we do not go in Jan. or July Happy you had a great trip
Old 07-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Kevin355
Future Disney Employee

The Brazilian groups were annoying. Line jumping at Aerosmith ride, pushing their way at Kali Water Rapids, Soarin', and Big Thunder Mountain. Groups of 60-70 getting off of rides, then having the chaperones give them all FastPass tickets to get back on the same rides.

I got stuck behind 2 chaperones at Aerosmith, each one getting about 30 FPs...then the groups hopping in the single-rider lines and going to the front again, while I waited patiently with my son to get on a ride with 25 minute wait and then waiting for almost 45 minutes.

The incessant chanting on the buses and at the CBR...lack of civility by the group.
Caribbean Beach Resort 2007 Jamaica
Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 Trinidad South
Caribbean Beach Resort 2003 Martinique
Off-site 1990, 1991, and 2001...never again
My First Visit 1984

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: