Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #76
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

They are Blessed and a Blessing

My children are blessed and a a blessing and I feel so fortunate to be their mother.

The kindness shown to them since their father died has been heart warming.

He's sleeping in his bed next to a Handy Manny doll a fellow diser was kind enough to pass on to us after her daughter loved him for a while.

Yesterday, I started a convo on etsy.com with a shop owner who just makes her products to help children who still receive care at the hospital her daughter was in prior to passing away from cancer. The skirt I wanted to purchase was well beyond what I wanted to pay when I went looking, but I couldn't help but click on it and knew why when I read her story. I wrote about that in my last update, how I felt so honored to purchase the skirt to support the work she is doing.

I was in for a surprise. I told her I'd lost my Ariana's father and try to be of support to other widows with children though haven't managed to on that scale and how I was so inspired by what she was doing. She messaged me back saying she could not imagine how my Ariana had suffered and since her products were made to help suffering children she wanted to give my daughter the skirt she wanted.

I hardly knew what to say. I humbly accepted then went to her website to make the first of what I hope to be a few donations. Also led some people to her site and when I told my mother what happened she wanted to donate as well. Her charity will end up even better off than if I'd just bought the skirt because of her generosity towards us and my daughter got to find out yet again that even though this thing happened to us and terrible things happen to a lot of people, they remain kind.

In coming posts I'll begin to post our goals for each day of our trip.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #77
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Okay, I have a rough touring plan done. I don't get real deep with it. Just start with a list of goals of stuff we want to do, try to keep us going to bed on time, leave us time to get to our dining reservations and as is the case with this trip, our BBB appointment.

Our flight lands at MCO at 9:40. I hope we'll get to Wilderness Lodge by 11.

June 21st-
Lunch at Roaring Forks
If room ready, nap
If room not ready, pool, nap

MK boat around 3:00: I hope to get over there around 3:30 and enter as the parade is ending. I heard this was a good time to hit:

Rapunzel Meet and Greet

My original plan for this was rope drop and that is still my alternate plan in case this one doesn't work. But I have read a lot of complaints about the lighting in her area in the morning messing up pictures, so we'll try this first.

After hopefully meeting Rapunzel, we'll head over to Adventure Land likely making a stop at Mickey's Philharmagic. We are not very good at walking by it.

Adventure Land goals:
Snack, Aladdinís Magic Carpet
Jungle Cruise FP
Disney Fairy Meet & Greet
Jungle Cruise
Dinner at Columbia Harbor House (approximately 6pm)

Fantasy Land goals:
Itís a Small World
Dumbo
Philharmagic
Carousel

We'll probably do some repeats here if time allows, but this is our only night in MK for the evening entertainment, so at a certain point, we'll have to pack it in and get settled for it. But I want to get the kids cleaned up first.

Baby Care Center

Snack (approximately 8pm)

Then, I'll pull out some glow sticks and we'll eat and drink slowly until 9:00

MSEP
Magic, Memories, and You Castle Show
Wishes

Now, the hours have changed and right now, MK is scheduled to stay open until 11:00 on June 21st. They have another MSEP scheduled for 11:00.

Not sure how this will effect us right now. Hoping lining up for MSEP will be a little easier with the 2nd showing scheduled, or maybe leaving at Wishes will be a little easier since the park isn't closing. Could be the complete opposite. Who knows.

I've also heard that they are just as likely to extend the hours and stay open until midnight. We'll see.

So, that's day 1. My son is really good about napping, especially if I get lunch in him. I just hope the room is ready so that I can lay down too. That girl of mine is not a morning person is already planning to sleep on the plane, but I'd like for her to rest too.

My alternate plan for seeing Wishes is to take the boat from WL to the Contemporary on another night. Haven't decided if we'll get on the monorail and go the Poly Beach or stick with the Contemporary.

Thoughts?

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #78
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!

Sorry I've been MIA for a while! It's been a crazy, busy week here. So glad your DS likes his Handy Manny! My DD still loves to sing the theme song, but she just wasn't giving Manny the love that your DS could give!

Your touring plans sound good for the first day. I'm a big planner, but I don't go as far as to plan the order of the rides each day. I mostly just plan which park, ADRs, and sometimes which "land" to head to first. I think having the GAC (due to my kids' special needs) makes the planning a little easier, because we don't have to race to get FPs for some of the hotter rides. (Actually, for our next trip, we'll miss out on some of those, since DS isn't going with us and DD probably won't be tall enough. DH and I don't have too many rides that are "must do"s enough that we'd ride alone.)

I've also decided to try for a mid-day flight. I'm kind of OCD about our first day at WDW. It must be at Magic Kingdom, and I like that first moment to be an early morning, walking into MK and seeing the castle. We've never gone to the parks on our arrival day. Maybe someday I'll get over my craziness with this so we can maximize our time on Disney property, but for now we're planning on spending arrival day at the pool and enjoying the resort.

DH45 ME41 DS20 DD4

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

dreamsofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #79
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
My children are blessed and a a blessing and I feel so fortunate to be their mother.

The kindness shown to them since their father died has been heart warming.

He's sleeping in his bed next to a Handy Manny doll a fellow diser was kind enough to pass on to us after her daughter loved him for a while.

Yesterday, I started a convo on etsy.com with a shop owner who just makes her products to help children who still receive care at the hospital her daughter was in prior to passing away from cancer. The skirt I wanted to purchase was well beyond what I wanted to pay when I went looking, but I couldn't help but click on it and knew why when I read her story. I wrote about that in my last update, how I felt so honored to purchase the skirt to support the work she is doing.

I was in for a surprise. I told her I'd lost my Ariana's father and try to be of support to other widows with children though haven't managed to on that scale and how I was so inspired by what she was doing. She messaged me back saying she could not imagine how my Ariana had suffered and since her products were made to help suffering children she wanted to give my daughter the skirt she wanted.

I hardly knew what to say. I humbly accepted then went to her website to make the first of what I hope to be a few donations. Also led some people to her site and when I told my mother what happened she wanted to donate as well. Her charity will end up even better off than if I'd just bought the skirt because of her generosity towards us and my daughter got to find out yet again that even though this thing happened to us and terrible things happen to a lot of people, they remain kind.

In coming posts I'll begin to post our goals for each day of our trip.

this is a super sweet story! great job paying it forward as well!

congrats on being all paid off!

last trip, i ordered diapers for James from Amazon and had them shipped directly to the room. we were maxing out on the number of things to carry/ people to keep track of and the number of available hands. amazon has since changed things up a bit and now tend to offer larger packages of pullups etc- which may defeat the purpose if you would have to make room for the leftovers on teh way home. anyway, just a thought- there may be other places that could do that as well- maybe they would be a 99 cent shipping walmart item or something

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #80
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
this is a super sweet story! great job paying it forward as well!

congrats on being all paid off!

last trip, i ordered diapers for James from Amazon and had them shipped directly to the room. we were maxing out on the number of things to carry/ people to keep track of and the number of available hands. amazon has since changed things up a bit and now tend to offer larger packages of pullups etc- which may defeat the purpose if you would have to make room for the leftovers on teh way home. anyway, just a thought- there may be other places that could do that as well- maybe they would be a 99 cent shipping walmart item or something
I have thought about doing this. What kept me from doing it on our first trip was a fear the hotel would do something nuts with the package or it not getting there on time or it getting their early. I figure at least they are expecting that Garden Grocer order, and I could put in the date I wanted it delivered. I have read of several people who did it, but I was nervous about ordering online something like I do when I shop online from here.

So, do you just give them the address of the hotel when you order? Do you put some type of special instructions at the time you place the order?

I was actually considering packing either his pull-ups or his swim diapers and night-time diapers. It comes out even on Garden Grocer whether I order the pull-ups and pack the swim diapers and night time diapers or whether I order the swim diapers and night-time diapers and pack the pull-ups.

Ordering from Wal-Mart is very tempting with their $0.97 shipping.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #81
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsofdisney View Post
Sorry I've been MIA for a while! It's been a crazy, busy week here. So glad your DS likes his Handy Manny! My DD still loves to sing the theme song, but she just wasn't giving Manny the love that your DS could give!

Your touring plans sound good for the first day. I'm a big planner, but I don't go as far as to plan the order of the rides each day. I mostly just plan which park, ADRs, and sometimes which "land" to head to first. I think having the GAC (due to my kids' special needs) makes the planning a little easier, because we don't have to race to get FPs for some of the hotter rides. (Actually, for our next trip, we'll miss out on some of those, since DS isn't going with us and DD probably won't be tall enough. DH and I don't have too many rides that are "must do"s enough that we'd ride alone.)

I've also decided to try for a mid-day flight. I'm kind of OCD about our first day at WDW. It must be at Magic Kingdom, and I like that first moment to be an early morning, walking into MK and seeing the castle. We've never gone to the parks on our arrival day. Maybe someday I'll get over my craziness with this so we can maximize our time on Disney property, but for now we're planning on spending arrival day at the pool and enjoying the resort.
I understand about things being crazy. We had a deadline at work that had me working 12 to 15 hours most days for a month.

I am still trying to recover and get caught up on all of the things I neglected during that time. Iíd work my 8 hours in the office, then come home, feed the children, get them ready for bed, then pull the laptop out again and work some more. Iím really grateful for the holiday weekend coming up and for school ending.

Since we are getting in around 9:30 in the morning and should be at the resort by 11:00am, I donít think we could stay away from the park that whole day. I told dd weíd be resting and go over after ds has his nap. She said, ďBut I thought we were just going to see the hotel then go straight to Magic Kingdom.Ē A girl after my own heart. I explained to her we should rest if we want to be able to stay at Magic Kingdom to see the fireworks. She said she was going to sleep on the plane and ds should too. I really doubt ds is going to nap at 8am, but stranger things have happened.

We do have a break day scheduled. It's day 6. We'll hang around the resort, do the pool, playground and I may let them play in the sand. Itís not in the middle where I wanted it, but we have some half days in our trip as well. I thought about doing DTD that morning, but I think we'll stay in until it's time for our dinner at Ohana that evening.

My fear is scheduling an ADR for arrival day. I have not the courage to do so. I fear something would go wrong. So all of ours are between day 2 and day 9. Weíll eat CS on days 1 and 10.

I think I planned our days more around meet and greets than anything else. But then we donít do big rides. Ds isnít tall enough and dd has no interest. She thought she might want to do Stitchís Great Escape until I showed her the youtube video. Then it was ďno thanksĒ. She also is refusing to do Peter Pan and Pooh due to darkness. I took one of our half days and made a reservation for her at the kidsí club at WL and have planned a date night for ds and me to fast pass and ride those two and have dinner in MK. So in MK the three of us only use fast pass for Buzz and Jungle Cruise and they are planned for different days. I can only hope we have good timing on the others and that the extra Dumbo helps.

Canít believe we are at 30 days.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #82
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Time out for a real life update

Canít believe we are at 30 days.

Hopefully the time off this weekend will help me get my head together and finish up my projects. Iíve been working so much I havenít finished my printing projects or even started on our shirts and my goal was to be done by now. The printed projects just need binding, but I still have to print all of the t-shirt designs. Thankfully once they are printed, things go pretty quickly. I have done 9 shirts in a couple of hours before.

Ds also came down with some kind of virus, but it ran its course. It was odd to say the least. He started running a fever on Saturday morning. First dose of Advil brought it down some and he slept while I kept a promise to dd to take her to a friendís birthday party. He woke up happy and ate, but was quiet again soon after. I noticed his temp had gone back up but it wasnít time for more medicine, but would be by the time we got home. I stopped at a gas station after the party and while I was pumping the gas, dd knocked on her window to get my attention. When I turned around, she pointed at ds. He was throwing up.

My poor baby. I took him out of his car seat, which was a mess. I had to strip him right there in the back of the van. Once I got him cleaned up, I removed the car seat. There was no cleaning it there. Fortunately I was still carting around the seat I had used on our vacation in October. It is a Sunshine Kids Radian 65SL. It was supposed to go in my momís car, but for once in my life, my habit of procrastinating was going to pay off for me. I got the seat out of the bag and installed it. I put ds in the seat, put my jacket around him up to his chin in case he threw up again. He didnít, but his fever was definitely back. A second dose 7 hours after the first one brought it down immediately. He eventually ate again, but I just gave him dry snacks. His fever returned around 1am. I could only get half the dose in him, but it came down and finally stayed down. He was fine all day Sunday, but didnít eat nearly as much.

Monday morning he was quiet and seemed tired, but was still fever free so off he went. Got a call at 9am, heíd tossed his cookies. They offered to keep him there but said Iíd have to come if he did it again. I just went and got him. What a happy child he was when I got there. Isnít that always what happens. He was cranky and clingy until his nap, but he has been fine since. All I could say after that was better now than this time next month. He gave us a stomach bug when we were at Disney the first time. Iím grateful though. My children are very rarely ill. Dd has had one cold in the last 3 years and while ds gets the occasional runny nose, he hasnít been really ill in about a year. He had 2 hospitalizations in a month early last year and was diagnosed with reactive airway disease, but we have managed it well.

Then a horrifying moment. Iíd forgotten to register my daughter for summer camp. In all that has been going on with her, I completely forgot. Weíve been going through psychological and education testing and the results showed both dyslexia and adhd. The appointment with the pediatrician is today. The meeting with her private school to see if they can accommodate her is tomorrow. My stress over getting her IEP done isÖwell, itís there. But the strugglesÖitís been frustrating and we are both tired. I told someone I feel like I have been treading water while she drowns three feet away. Tutoring didnít work. A therapist I took her to had a program she thought would help, but had on availability during after school hours and neither did anyone else

My choices are very limited because of my needing care from the time she gets out of school, which is early around here as private schools are done May 24th. Thankfully her camp still had room left, so May, June, part of July and August are taken care of. A school I considered for the fall that has a program embedded for dyslexic students has a summer camp I want her to attend in July. Called today and the guy told me there were just 2 spots left. All 3 weeks have to be paid upfront and I had budgeted paying for this next month. I can only hope there is room by that time. If not, the back up plan is for her to stay at the one I mentioned first or to go to the one her school runs, which is what she wants anyway. I'm ordering a set to work with her at home, but she's been struggling for so long, I really want her to get trained help like now. So, I'm looking at alternatives.

Never a dull day. We'll have earned this vacation.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #83
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!

Just a little note on shipping to your resort...

This link: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212 has a lot of information to help with the ins and outs of shipping to WDW. I was VERY nervous about trying this, but I did it for our last trip and things went perfectly smoothly!

I think I mentioned before that my DD is a former 1 lb 2 oz preemie and doesn't eat any solids by mouth (she's fed via g-tube). She "eats" 100% Pediasure, and goes through 5-6 cans/day. Our last trip to WDW was for 11 days and 10 nights so we needed A LOT of heavy cans to last through the trip. We receive the Pediasure through a prescription delivery company, so I didn't really want to pay out of pocket ($$$) to buy more at a grocery store once we arrived, so I knew I had to ship it. I packed enough cans for the travel day and one extra day in our carry on and then shipped the rest via UPS. The website gave me guidelines for delivery and I shipped Wednesday, 3/30/11 for an expected delivery of Monday, 4/4/11. We were due to arrive on 4/6 and the front desk said they would hold packages for our arrival. (The package was marked, as per the link above, "hold for guest arrival" with our reservation number and check-in date.

I also shipped DDs diapers from Amazon directly to the resort. I just added a shipping address in the format suggested at the link with the same "hold for" info on it. I had Prime (2 day) Shipping and planned it to arrive a day or two ahead so that I could track it and be sure it was there before we left.

I tracked both the Amazon and the UPS package and both arrived on schedule and were waiting for us when we arrived! I'll definitely be doing this again for our upcoming trip, as DD is still in diapers due to her cerebral palsy and Autism, and still eats via tube.

PM me if you want more details on how I filled out the "ship to" part on Amazon. Hope DS is feeling better and things go smoothly with DDs summer program plans!

DH45 ME41 DS20 DD4

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

dreamsofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #84
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsofdisney View Post
Just a little note on shipping to your resort...

This link: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212 has a lot of information to help with the ins and outs of shipping to WDW. I was VERY nervous about trying this, but I did it for our last trip and things went perfectly smoothly!

I think I mentioned before that my DD is a former 1 lb 2 oz preemie and doesn't eat any solids by mouth (she's fed via g-tube). She "eats" 100% Pediasure, and goes through 5-6 cans/day. Our last trip to WDW was for 11 days and 10 nights so we needed A LOT of heavy cans to last through the trip. We receive the Pediasure through a prescription delivery company, so I didn't really want to pay out of pocket ($$$) to buy more at a grocery store once we arrived, so I knew I had to ship it. I packed enough cans for the travel day and one extra day in our carry on and then shipped the rest via UPS. The website gave me guidelines for delivery and I shipped Wednesday, 3/30/11 for an expected delivery of Monday, 4/4/11. We were due to arrive on 4/6 and the front desk said they would hold packages for our arrival. (The package was marked, as per the link above, "hold for guest arrival" with our reservation number and check-in date.

I also shipped DDs diapers from Amazon directly to the resort. I just added a shipping address in the format suggested at the link with the same "hold for" info on it. I had Prime (2 day) Shipping and planned it to arrive a day or two ahead so that I could track it and be sure it was there before we left.

I tracked both the Amazon and the UPS package and both arrived on schedule and were waiting for us when we arrived! I'll definitely be doing this again for our upcoming trip, as DD is still in diapers due to her cerebral palsy and Autism, and still eats via tube.

PM me if you want more details on how I filled out the "ship to" part on Amazon. Hope DS is feeling better and things go smoothly with DDs summer program plans!

Thanks for the information. I think I looked at that post during the planning stages of my first trip. I'm going to check the prices and shipping options on wal-mart.com and amazon and diapers.com and see which option is best for us.

Thanks

Last edited by luvmy2babies; 05-24-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #85
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Okay, so strange. My last post had an angry icon in the title. I don't know how that got there. Hope no one saw it.

With the initial meeting with her school behind me and the ball rolling on getting dd what she needs and school ending today, my focus is returning to getting ready for this trip.

I got an email letting me know her Ariel skirt was on the way.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get all of my projects done.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #86
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
With the initial meeting with her school behind me and the ball rolling on getting dd what she needs and school ending today, my focus is returning to getting ready for this trip.
My 9 year old daughter has ADD and is also now labeled gifted LD. She is bright but flunks her tests in school and can't spell to save her life. It is probably the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered in my whole life. I totally get the treading water while she flounders beside you feeling. Hope the meeting with her school went well yesterday - we had one today and are now considering moving her to a private school. Our girl also figure skates competitively and it's hard to balance all the skating she has to do with the extra hours it takes her to complete her school work. On the other hand, I think all the exercise is really good for her ADD. I've been battling with this all year long so I completely understand where you are coming from.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #87
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
My 9 year old daughter has ADD and is also now labeled gifted LD. She is bright but flunks her tests in school and can't spell to save her life. It is probably the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered in my whole life. I totally get the treading water while she flounders beside you feeling. Hope the meeting with her school went well yesterday - we had one today and are now considering moving her to a private school. Our girl also figure skates competitively and it's hard to balance all the skating she has to do with the extra hours it takes her to complete her school work. On the other hand, I think all the exercise is really good for her ADD. I've been battling with this all year long so I completely understand where you are coming from.

I know it has been a long road. This has been a long road for us and this year has been really challenging for sure. I ended up giving up extra activities because her homework was taking up so much time, but I really want her to have something to do with her body and her energy. She loves to dance and I feel it is a gift she has, but I think her self-esteem has been hit to much she doesnít want to take lessons. But I watch her even choreographing her own routines to songs when they come on and think of how she might enjoy a chance to nurture that gift and make friends and such. Iím grateful school is finally over and we can do some other things.

The meeting did go well and everyone was receptive to my requests for accommodations for her. I want to keep her in private school because it is what she is used to and because of the smaller environment. They are willing to implement the same program the therapist recommended and the tutor will be using and have their staff train on it and other methods the therapist recommended. Iím grateful for everyoneís receptiveness so far. I came with a list of 12 accommodation/modification requests for her ranging from a seat the front of the class to lesson plans being sent home to a reduced/adjusted spelling list to the option of using voice recognition software and taking some tests orally and everyone was open. Iím hopeful. Sheís been there a long time. She started in the daycare and went straight into the elementary school and is totally resistant to any change. Everyone agrees that especially after everything else she has been through we want to make every effort to accommodate her there.

I wish you the best as you move forward with your little girl.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #88
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Why we'll remember the 28 Day mark

Last day of school.

Got 3 weeks of summer camp paid.

Paid the bills.

Did some shopping for the trip. Socks and underwear for dd. Shorts for both children, swim diapers for ds. As usual, I'll be getting my stuff last. I just needs shorts, so hopefully I'll have them before it is time to pack. People on here say WDW will be surface of the sun hot, so my office pants will be likely slightly innappropriate. I know I did the same thing before our first summer vacation. Every time we'd leave the store dd would ask when I was going to get my clothes. She would say, "Mom, your work clothes are so not right for the beach (where we went that year)." This year she tends to say, "And again (looking at the cart) nothing for yourself...really?"

Came home before going to a graduation and what was in the mailbox?

Mickey Mail!

I was surprised because I have been reading about people not getting theirs until 14 days out. But there it was, vouchers, luggage tags, travel documents, all of it.

We're really going.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #89
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Day 2: World Showcase and the First of Many Character Meals

So, what's on tap for day 2?

Well, since we'll hopefully see Wishes on day 1, first thing is to sleep in. Not that I really know what that is, but my daughter does. She'll need a bit more rest, but not too much. She can sleep until 10am or later if you let her. I figure World Showcase is the perfect thing to schedule since it doesn't open until 11am.

I'll fix us a small breakfast in the room that morning. I hope to get over to Epcot around 10:00. Last trip after we saw Wishes, we ended up having to wait over 90 minutes to get on a bus back to All Star Movies. Ds fell asleep on the walk out to the bus. I let dd sit in the stroller while we waited (I was wearing ds) and she fell asleep too.

That's her autograph book I purchased in MK on our way out as I had managed to leave the one I ordered from the Disney Store at home. They weren't on the checklist for some reason. This time they are. I have handmade books this time. If I were to leave them

So, this time we're staying at Wilderness Lodge. We can either take the bus or the boat back after the fireworks, plus since the park isn't closing right after, I'm hoping that might help. Wildness Lodge also has significantly fewer rooms than ASMo, so I'm hoping we'll have less people to wait with even though the boat also goes to FW campground. They were also sending 2 buses for the other two All-Stars for every 1 they sent for ASMo. It got so bad that when yet another bus came for ASMu, people in the ASMo line started yelling so loud that they changed the destination of the bus.

I think it was 12:30 before we were in bed. Still the next day we were up and back in Magic Kingdom by 10am. She was bright-eyes and ready for the main thing she wanted to do that day.

So my plan is to get to Epcot by 10am. I'm hoping that after we take some pictures up front, we'll have time to do one thing before World Showcase opens. I want to visit the Character Spot and I know the line might take quite a while to get through, but we didn't get to do this the last time and I think it's a good way for me to get into some pictures. I've also prepaid for photopass and want as many pictures on there as possible. I found this in RustManFan's file and thought it would be perfect for our day in WS and look good in pictures throughout the day.

I imagine it will be 11:00 by the time we are done, and we'll head into World Showcase. I hope we can just take a few pictures and hit every Kidcot fun stop if we keep going while Elijah is asleep. That way it is not constant walking. But I do have certain things I want to do in other countries as well. I looked at KennythePirate's blog and decided we will start on the Canada side and work our way around.

World Showcase goals:
  1. Canada
  2. United Kingdom (Alice)
  3. France (Marie)
  4. Morocco (Aladdin and Jasmine)
  5. Japan (Pick a Pearl)
  6. United States
  7. Italy
  8. Germany (trains)
  9. China (Mulan)
  10. Norway
  11. Mexico (Donald, 3 Calebros boat ride)

My plan was to have lunch in either China or Italy if we started in Mexico, but now I'm not sure. I want to start on the Canada side partly because we started on the Mexico side the last time and ended up rushing through the other end in the dark after waiting an hour to see Alladin and Jasmine. It was our last chance to see her. I have our passport that I bought the last time but didn't open. We'll go slow and take breaks to stay cool (as cool as possible) and if we don't get it all done, there's another Epcot day later. Around 5 though, we'll head over the baby care center (in the Test Track area) and get cooled off and change into different shirts. Then we'll head over to the Land Pavilion for dinner.

I heard the character interaction is really good here. And we've never been up close with "Dip and Da-o" as ds calls them. And food served family style is right up my alley.

We'll head back to the resort after that. It will have been a long day and we have to get up early the next day.

Last edited by luvmy2babies; 05-25-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #90
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Breakfast with My Favorite Bear, Some Time in Space, and Date Night

Hopefully we'll be able to settle in pretty quickly once we get back to the room after Garden Grill. I want to get the children down at a good time because we have to get up early the next day. I'll put this out before I got to bed, along with the shirts I'm making for that day.

I found a DISign of the four characters that I downloaded to iron on. We had matching t-shirts the first time we went to Crystal Palace as well, only they had the name of the restaurant on them. All of the staff kept stopping us to look at them. We had dinner here the first time, so it will be a new experience to try breakfast, and I can't wait to get into the park a little early.

Here's a few shots from our dinner there in 2010. My children have really grown.

And this is my favorite shot. This piglet was awesome. One of my biggest hopes for this trip is that ds is as warm with the characters as he was on the previous one.

After breakfast we'll tour the park for a while before a break. First thing will be to hit the baby care center for a diaper change, potty break and to change the children's shirts. Ds is a stain magnet and I'll be packing a special shirt for a meet and greet we'll be headed to afterwards.

Looking at her schedule, hopefully we can get in on the first set. If not, we'll probably try to take a ride on the Liberty Square River boat during her break.

The main goal for this morning is Tomorrow Land, but we'll stop at the Tea Cups first where I hope we'll run into Alice and the White Rabbit. When we were at MK in October, this was one of our last rides of the day. What a blast.

Dd driving (we were spinning fast) and Ds having fun (not worried about flying out of the thing)

Then we'll head over to Tomorrow Land

Tomorrow Land goals
Astro Orbitor
Shopping (Pins)
People Mover
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Monsters, Inc
Carousel of Progress

Dd has said she wants to ride Buzz over and over and over, but towards midday, we'll get a snack or light lunch and leave the park for a break.

The plan is to get ds to sleep, then let dd play in the wading pool and participate in the activities while he naps depending on what they are that day, but we may just rest in the AC.

That afternoon though, dd has a reservation at Cub's Den, the Kid's Club at Wilderness Lodge. It's at 4:30 when they open. It's a 2 hour minimum at $11.50 per hour and it includes dinner. There was a coupon in my travel booklet for 15% off. I'm going to use this time to take ds back to Magic Kingdom to ride a couple of rides dd doesn't want to ride. So, we'll drop her off and catch the 5:00 boat back to MK. She's excited about going to the Kid's Club and fine with us going back to MK as long as we don't do anything she likes to do.

I've jokingly called it our date night.

The plan is to grab a fast pass for Peter Pan's Flight, then grab dinner at Columbia Harbor House. Since dd won't be with us and will have dinner where she is, she'll have a CS credit left over. I'll probably use it to get ds dinner that night.

Once we've ridden Peter Pan or the fast pass time open up, we'll grab one for Winnie the Pooh. Hopefully we can go ahead and ride Peter Pan then wait out our Winnie the Pooh time in the Play area there. Once we have ridden both rides, we'll head back to the resort. Hoping to be heading out by 8:30 so we don't get caught up in MSEP.

Once we pick up dd, I hope to get the children down quickly. Hoping to make rope drop the next morning.

Last edited by luvmy2babies; 05-25-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: