Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #31
jana616
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say that I am loving your report!! I also wanted to say how sorry I am about your husband, but I am in awe of your strength and spirit...your kids are very lucky to have you! We will be there a few weeks before you...would you like me to send them postcards from Mickey (or someone else)? A nice Diser is doing that for my kids, and I would be more than happy to pay it forward. Just let me know if you are interested

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #32
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
I just wanted to say that I am loving your report!! I also wanted to say how sorry I am about your husband, but I am in awe of your strength and spirit...your kids are very lucky to have you! We will be there a few weeks before you...would you like me to send them postcards from Mickey (or someone else)? A nice Diser is doing that for my kids, and I would be more than happy to pay it forward. Just let me know if you are interested
Thank you for your kind words. I have learned a lot about myself in the 2 years it has been just the three of us, and one of those things is that I should just enjoy them. I put off Disney for a long time with good reason of course and we were planning on trying to go as a family when ds got bigger. After dh died, one of the things I started to question was what I was waiting on for certain things and taking a trip to Disney was one of them. That first trip in 2010 was great, but this one Iím enjoying the anticipation of taking them back now that dd knows more about the place and ds is obsessed with Mickey.

Thanks for the offer, but I have welcome letters for them ďfromĒ Mickey Mouse. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. Not much longer now.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #33
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

just popping in. i hope to be back to catch up later today!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #34
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Almost too busy planning to make an update

Anyone else ever have the feeling their trip is sneaking up on them a bit. I never thought I would feel this way since we started planning last summer and booked in September, but here I am. Of course it being Disney kind really adds to the lists.

I have my four lists I make for every trip.

Things to do
Things to buy
Things to pack
Things we canít leave behind.

Iím excited, but it seems like the more I get done on the list of things to do and the more I buy on the list of things to buy, the more there is to do. I finished my jiffy t-shirt order (my main addiction is making vacation shirts) and I planned to finish the kidsí autograph books over the weekend. Then down the list is still my Garden Grocer order. Got to do that in the next few days to stay on schedule budget wise.

I canít believe itís the middle of April.

When today came, I could look back and say, I did get a few things on the to do list accomplished this weekend, but didn't meet all of my goals.

I printed out all of the pages for my children's autograph books, but didn't cut them or take them to get bound like I planned. I printed out all of the dining invitations and dd's BBB invitation, but didn't take them to get laminated. I was printing out the pages for their memory books when the low ink light came on on the printer.

Somehow we just ended up sitting in the house all of Saturday until around 7 when I remembered we needed milk and a couple of other things. We got something else accomplished from that though.

I know I had mentioned that I have been trying to lose weight and it hasn't gone anywhere. Wanted to lose 30 to 40 pounds and I think I've lost 10. We'll see how the next couple of months go, but I didn't want to wait until last minute to buy my shirts. I'm making quite a few for the trip and didn't want to be doing them all at the last minute. I ordered more feminine cut shirts for myself this time. They cost a little more, but they'll fit me better. I had been wearing my clothes pretty loose, but I notice I look smaller when I wear things that fit as opposed to hanging on me. It's been part of the rebuilding process for me.

But back to our accomplishment. We walked to the store instead of driving. It's a 20 minute walk each way and we kept a pretty brisk pace. The pollen's been kicking my butt, but both dd and I agree we need to get out and walk regularly now. It was actually the first time our new stroller hit the street. Both kids really enjoyed the walk and so did I.

Went for extra ink yesterday and of the 4 Wal-Marts I could have chosen, I chose one that didn't have my ink in stock.

I did get dd's 2nd swim suit this week and I found ds some pool/beach shoes. I also got towels for ds and me. Dd is still deciding which one she wants. First it was Disney Princesses, then Ariel, then Hello Kitty and now Rapunzel. I told her to keep thinking about it. Still got a few things left, but we're getting there.

Found some links to some coloring pages I'll add to their activity/memory books. Thankfully these projects are not using as much ink as I orifinally thought. I decided to print the dining invitations in 5x7 instead of full size 8.5x11. When I printed the first one for the Akershus breakfast (courtesy of DISigner Shadowryter), it was just a little blurry, so I decided to print it smaller to save ink and card stock. I was able to print 2 invitations on each piece. They'll be easier to pack this way too.

The autograph book pages are 4x6 as the Creative DISign forum instructions say. Since we have so many character meals, I'm making them a book for those. I wanted to make them books, but didn't want to print out lots of characters not knowing if we'd see them. This I thought would be a cute alternative. One thing I love about character meals is the "guaranteed" meeting. There were lots of cute pages for characters at every meal we are doing. Chaos1cent did the kids' covers. Their names are on them with little pictures represented each meal. Pictures to follow. I know I keep saying that but I really do mean it.

It was kind of a rough day, but in the mail today though was dd's Minnie Mouse pillowcase dress that I ordered on ebay. It is totally cute. Plus, an email came letting me know my t-shirt order shipped.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #35
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

A Quick Post about Jiffy T-shirts

I love jiffyshirts.com. This is my third time using them and I love the shirts and how they get them out to you so quickly. This order was my largest yet and it arrived yesterday complete and clean as usual. I love how the shirts hold their color through washing and they take the iron on transfers really well.

This is my project for May. Right now Iím still working on finishing up the paper projects and gathering some little items.

A word on these shirts though. They fit well, but I have to say if you have a toddler or preschooler like I do who will be joining in on the matching t-shirt fun, and get the Rabbit Skin brand shirt they run a size small. It is the least expensive shirt and itís soft and I like it, but you canít order your childís current size in these for sure. I had read on the reviews of the shirt that they ran small so for our first trip even though he was 10 months old and wearing size 12 month clothes, I ordered his shirts in size 18 months. Here he is with dd at Chef Mickeyís. Little did I know this meeting would be the beginning of what is now an obsession with the Mouse.

For some reason the shirt didnít come in size 3T so for our 2nd trip I ordered him a 2T. He was 21 months old, but still wearing size 18 month at the time. Here he is taking a break at Sea World.

So theyíve fit him, but he didnít have as much room as I would have liked. He is now 27 months old and will be just under 2.5 when we travel this summer. He is still in size 24 month or 2T in shorts, but, I got him size 3T shirts from Wal-Mart for play clothes. I love the Garanimals line they carry for infants and toddlers. They have the amount of room I want him to have. When I placed the order from Jiffy shirts, I ordered him a 4T. Last night I was taking pictures of our stuff for my report and decided to get one of my sonís new spring shirts from Wal-Mart out to compare to one of his shirts in my jiffy order. The Wal-Mart shirt is a 3T, the Jiffy shirt is a 4T.

When I put them one behind the other, you could not see the one in back at all.

So thatís my two cents about Jiffy T-shirts. Love the company, love the shirts and will keep using them. The others I have gotten for dd and me seem to run true to size or even a bit large, which is fine. Just be careful if ordering for a toddler or preschooler.

And yay! My next few posts will be about our stuff and there will finally be pictures. I took them last night and loaded them to Photobucket. Had to work over time from home though so that is all I got done. Just decided to take one of my breaks to make this post.

Up next: extras that make the trip fun and save me money on souvenirs.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #36
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

okay, i've finally caught up! First of all, i don't think you are crazy at all. My dh and I work opposite schedules to keep the kids from having daycare other than my mother and school. Once you get your routines down, taking the kids places by yourself becomes second nature. i consider my self lucky that Maya is such a great helper. Most of the time she keeps him on task.

I loved your description of your children. They remind me a lot of my own. Especially when you were talking about the love your dd shows for your ds. Isn't it great to have children who recognize the value of friendship and love in their siblings! And i also live with a mini-me!

James was roughly the same age as your DS on his first trip. He was so much more into it than i could have ever imagined. Judgng from his reactions, his favorite things at a that age were Its a Small World and Spectromagic. I too loved the oohs and aahs and all the clapping!

i think that you are smart to schedule the down time. we have done longer trips and a day in the middle to relax and explore was much appreciated

I wish your ds could give James some picture tips. J just smiles and giggles as he runs away. apparently its a great game to not take the picture!

I"m not certain that Diamond Horseshoe is on the DP.

i do want to see your Etsy choices and your autograph book. and your invites.

I'm trying to remember our counterservice experiences last year when James didn't have a dining plan. James was like your ds- could out eat Maya for sure. Luckily he has slowed down a bit now. I do remember in general they seemed to eat less in the long heated days than they would at home.

Pinnochios Village House, CS at our hotel, Pecos Bill - bought James his own

Yak N Yeti- all of us shared one meal as a snack easily to tide us over between large Tusker House breakfast and dinner

Rosie's All American- we shared meals here and it was enough to go around. i think he ate some off of all of us.

CHH- i think that we bought his own but could have shared.

I also contemplated, but didn't actually do it- buying a box of uncrustables from garden grocer to suplement his meals here and there.

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #37
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
okay, i've finally caught up! First of all, i don't think you are crazy at all. My dh and I work opposite schedules to keep the kids from having daycare other than my mother and school. Once you get your routines down, taking the kids places by yourself becomes second nature. i consider my self lucky that Maya is such a great helper. Most of the time she keeps him on task.

I loved your description of your children. They remind me a lot of my own. Especially when you were talking about the love your dd shows for your ds. Isn't it great to have children who recognize the value of friendship and love in their siblings! And i also live with a mini-me!

James was roughly the same age as your DS on his first trip. He was so much more into it than i could have ever imagined. Judgng from his reactions, his favorite things at a that age were Its a Small World and Spectromagic. I too loved the oohs and aahs and all the clapping!

i think that you are smart to schedule the down time. we have done longer trips and a day in the middle to relax and explore was much appreciated

I wish your ds could give James some picture tips. J just smiles and giggles as he runs away. apparently its a great game to not take the picture!

I"m not certain that Diamond Horseshoe is on the DP.

i do want to see your Etsy choices and your autograph book. and your invites.

I'm trying to remember our counterservice experiences last year when James didn't have a dining plan. James was like your ds- could out eat Maya for sure. Luckily he has slowed down a bit now. I do remember in general they seemed to eat less in the long heated days than they would at home.

Pinnochios Village House, CS at our hotel, Pecos Bill - bought James his own

Yak N Yeti- all of us shared one meal as a snack easily to tide us over between large Tusker House breakfast and dinner

Rosie's All American- we shared meals here and it was enough to go around. i think he ate some off of all of us.

CHH- i think that we bought his own but could have shared.

I also contemplated, but didn't actually do it- buying a box of uncrustables from garden grocer to suplement his meals here and there.
Thank you for your feedback, especially about counter service. I know some places we will be able to share for the sheer volume of the food. Thankfully, ds is into more than just kiddie food. Heís actually better about that than dd is right now. So sharing with him will likely be no trouble for me. I donít think Iíll ever get hungry enough to be unable to share with him when you consider all you get. Iíll never forget the first time we used a QS credit on our first trip. I placed my order at CHH and when I handed the cashier our cards, she said, ďOh, youíre on the Dining Plan? You also need Ö.Ē

Thatís interesting you mention that about Diamond Horseshoe. There doesnít seem to be much on this one. I did a search on the restaurant forum here once and very little came up. I think if we eat in this area, weíll go with Pecos Billís.

Thanks for letting me know Iím not crazy, at least not about this. One of the things I like about this board is that what I do is normal here. Everybody thinks itís great. People around here are getting used to it, but some people really think Iím biting off more than I should.

I remember you writing that about James and how he takes pictures. I think the number of pictures I take has trained my ds. I can pick my camera up to move it and he smiles and says, ďcheeseĒ. I can usually get a nice smile out of him. But we have our challenges with him. When someone else is taking it, itís different. Iím wondering what our Photopass shots will look like. We had some taken at Sea World and he wasnít even looking at the camera in a lot of them. A trick I do sometimes is hold him close and lightly tickle him when someone takes a picture. I actually learned that trick from dd. When he was about 11 months old, I had Christmas portraits taken and I was admiring what a nice smile he had in one (after a lot of work). Dd was holding him. As I looked more closely at the picture, I could see her hand and she was actually tickling him.

Action shots are better with him or having dd stand behind him or having him sit. Telling him to stand next to her doesnít work yet. Sometimes I get him walking towards the camera like this one I took Easter Sunday.

This one I was trying to get him to stand next to dd. I ended up just telling her to stand behind him as close as she could without him noticing.

This one was one of opportunity. He plopped down into the grass and I told her to sit next to him. I hate that itís dark, but I was afraid if I tried to move them into the sun, Iíd lose the chance to even take it.

I did finally get the photos taken our our stuff including the etsy dresses and Iíll post an update or two tonight. I donít have the autograph books put together yet, but I do have pictures of the covers and some of the pages. So the wait is almost over for that.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #38
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Picture time-My printing projects, part 1

Okay, I think I've been promising for a few posts that I would post pictures of my projects for this trip. I'm working on:

Invitations to each table service meal and dd's activities
An Activity/Memory book for each child
A Character Meal autograph book for each child
Various t-shirts for each of us

I'm also pulling out the World Showcase passport kit from Epcot and the Safari journal from AK that I bought in 2010, but didn't use.

I haven't made my t-shirts yet. That's my project for May. This post and the next 2 will have my printed projects.

Invitations courtesy of DISigner Shadowryter

I apologize in advance that some of them are a little blurry. My camera and I were not getting along while I was taking pictures of these.

Garden Grill
Crystal Palace

Cinderella's Round Table
Akershus

Ohana
Tusker House

Hollywood and Vine
Chef Mickey's

Bibbity Boppity Boutique

Continued in next post

Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #39
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

My Printed Projects, part 2

I do still want to add some journal pages and activity pages for dd and some coloring pages for both books, but the activity/memory books are well on their way. I can't remember which designer's file I found these covers in, but I want to say it was either chaos1cent or Shadowryter. I downloaded the Walt Disney font and put their names on myself.

I found the individual pages in chaos1cent's photobucket. I found memory pages for various restaurants, and experiences where the child can write down what they thought of the characters, food or the experience like the BBB sheet, but still need to find Garden Grill or ask for one.

I also picked up some stickers for the books. These came from the $1 bins at Target.

Some Animal Stickers

Some fun stickers to decorate

I found the autograph pages in the folders of various designers, but there is a thread on autograph books with links to several designers' work in the opening post. It also details instructions on making an autograph book.

Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160

I didn't leave an extra half inch on each side of mine, but I want ds to be able to hold his. I have not yet made the final decision on whether I will have them spiral bound in that space at top or put them in a photo album.

Chaos1cent did the covers

Now, we're doing seven character meals and each restaurant has either four or five characters. I didn't want to do that many pictures, so I just put the cards from each restaurant in a stack and took a picture of one card from each restaurant.

Garden Grill (Chip, Dale and Pluto underneath) and Crystal Palace (Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore underneath)

Akershus (Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White and Aurora underneath) and Cinderella's Round Table (Belle, Ariel, Snow White and Aurora underneath)

Tusker House (Mickey, Daisy and Goofy underneath) and Hollywood and Vine (Jake, Agent Oso, Leo and June underneath). I think I read somewhere there is just one Little Einstein there now, but I have to double check which one.

Chef Mickey's (Donald, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto underneath)

Those are my printed projects for now. Next up: some little goodies

Old 04-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #40
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

I know I said I was going to talk about our trip goodies next, but I forgot about this from earlier today. Plus I'm too tired to make that post right now. A conversation with my daughter this weekend resulted in a change in plans.

DD and I were talking about rides and she is still very adamant she is not going to ride Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh because of the darkness. Now mind you she rode Buzz Light Year Space Ranger spin twice, declared it the best ride ever, but I guess the game made it worth it. When we were there in October, I wanted to grab fast passes to ride one of these and she flat out refused. Only being there for a day I had no time for drama, so we skipped both. She is still just as adamant about it now, here 2 months before our trip in June.

These are two of my favorites and though he was 10 months old, ds liked them. But he has no issues with the dark. He will go into the bathroom or his room at night and shut the door as a game. When I open the door, he is just smiling. Dd does have issues with the dark, always has, but I really thought the Disney characters on the rides and being right next to me and ds would cancel that out. But I do remember her holding my arm on these the first time.

She was firm. I decided to test it. I told her I really wanted to ride those so perhaps she should go to the kidsí club at the hotel and I should just take ds to Magic Kingdom so we can do those and spend some time at Magic Kingdom. Thereís a couple of characters I think ds will like meeting that dd has said she doesnít want to meet as well, namely Woody and Jesse. I figured she would have my head for even thinking of going to a park without her, but she was happy about the idea, so Iím definitely taking her seriously about not getting on those rides.

When we went to a Holiday Inn at the beach last April they had a small childrenís area for children 4 to 12. I left her there during dsí nap time and got some rest in the room. She loved it so much she didn't even want to leave to go out to the beach when ds was up.

The Cubís Den is the kidís club at Wilderness Lodge. The kidís club opens at 4:30 and stays open until midnight. It costs $11.50 per hour and thereís a 2 hour minimum. They have movies, games, toys, video games, crafts, all stuff that is right up her alley. She seemed excited about it, so I began to think about it.

We have a half day planned on day 3 of our trip. We have breakfast ADRs at Crystal Palace and just planned to do Adventure Land and Frontier Land before having a light lunch and heading back for the rest of the day. I originally planned for it to be a pool day with dinner at Roaring Forks, but then thought this would be the perfect day for her to go to kidsí club. I could drop her off right at 4:30 and head over to MK with ds since heís too young for the kidís club. We could fast pass one ride, do other stuff during the wait, fast pass the other ride, do other stuff, have dinner along the way (kidís club serves dinner) and likely be back for dd by 8:00. The more I thought about it, the more fun I thought it would be to go over to MK for a while with ds. Dd would undoubtedly have fun where she is and I get to do my favorite rides without forcing her. Seems like win-win.

I read on here that you have to make advance reservations for Cubís Den, so I talked to dd about it a couple more times and she was more excited each time. I made the reservations today. So it looks like ds and I will have a date night.

Thatís cool considering pretty much the entire next day will be about dd. Itís slated for the Rapunzel Meet & Greet, Tiana Meet & Greet, (break) BBB, and CRT.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #41
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Safety First!

Just on a break and popping in to say I crossed something else off of my "things to buy" list this morning.

I ordered Safety wristbands for the children. I went over all of the choices and settled on these mainly because they are water proof and reusable.

I got this one for dd (ages are 3 to 9). I ordered the purple one. Hey, it has to be cute.

http://www.vitalids.com/Child-Safety...ds-childid.htm

I ordered this one for ds (ages 2 to 8). Important thing here is he won't be able to remove it. They are also water proof.

http://www.vitalids.com/Child-Safety...ds-childid.htm

Last time dd carried a card on her, but I think this will be better.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #42
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Thank You Ebay! Some Vacation Goodies

Okay, so I had this post going last night and my computer jumped and I lost it. So I put it in another document first to copy over.

How I earned my ebay good buyerís certificate.

Something I never thought Iíd earn is a certificate for shopping. I do love ebay though, especially when Iím preparing for a trip like this. I like to pick up little things for the children to use and play with during and after our trip. Saves me money on souvenirs and time looking at them with dd. I will say Iím not done yet. I still have some stuff Iím ordering for ds in my ďwatch listĒ, so Iíll be adding another post later.

I was bidding on a Handy Manny plush for him, but I lost the bidding. I canít say I was upset about it. I had bid on it before I looked at the shipping charges (something I have been working on not doing) and after I bid on it, I found the shipping charges a bit unreasonable. I was relieved when someone out bid me. So, I have added a couple more to my watch list and will be placing my order on it, and Buzz Lightyear plush toy this weekend. Today I ordered him two Cars 2 playsets. The Disney Store is having all Cars toys at buy one get one free this weekend. I ordered him 2 sets of 3 cars. They are pull back racers.

But hereís the stuff I scored on ebay for us.

Lanyards for dd and me. I love the little purse on the end.

Disney Princess jewelry for dd. I love these. Her ears are pierced, but suddenly about 2.5 years ago, she started refusing to wear earrings. Ebay had these sticker earrings. One pack is 36 pairs of earrings. The other is 7 rings with matching earrings.

A couple of necklaces

A necklace and bracelet set and some hair accessories.

Minnie Mouse hair clips (2 sets) and a Winnie the Pooh and friends hair bow.

A couple of autograph books for characters we see outside of restaurants. Iím hoping these last a couple of trips plus our cruise next year since Iím storing meal autographs separate.

Ddís park bag. Iím planning on it holding her camera, an extra shirt and shorts/skort and a snack or two.

Pool bags

Ddís purse and wand for BBB

My park bag. Itís microscopic compared to the one I carried the first time. We are happily free of formula and baby food on this trip and Iíve traveled with him several times since heís been on regular milk and table food. It makes a huge difference even though we are not diaper free yet. Heíll wear pull-ups.

A few more pictures of goodies in the next post: clothes

Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #43
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

I am all done shopping for summer clothes for the children including swim wear. Iím early on that this year. Last year I did it late April/early May. So once I do our shirts, weíll have our trip clothes. I havenít bought much as far as Disney themed clothing items mainly because of the t-shirts I make, but we do have a few things.

First though, I got dd two dresses from a seller on etsy.com. The pink one is the one she will wear for BBB. Itís really soft inside up top and wonít itch in the bottom because there is a satin lining underneath the crinoline. I bought the Rapunzel dress as a surprise because she loved it so much. Sheíll probably wear it later. I was a bit concerned with how it fit when they came, so the maker is sending me extra extender strips for each dress to add more room so she can wear them longer. She has been wonderful.

Hereís the pink one. It is ankle length. And no that isn't dd, which is why the face is cropped out.

Here is the Rapunzel one. It is also ankle length.

I posted before about the Minnie Mouse pillowcase dress my dd wanted. Here it is. As you might guess, ds rolled over into the shot right as I took the picture.

While we were shopping for swim wear, he saw some Lightening McQueen swimming trunks and went nuts. So I picked these up and added a white and gray rash guard. Both have some spf protection built into them. They are from Target. The short sets in the picture came from Wal-Mart. They were on a clearance rack marked down to $3.00. I couldnít resist them at that price.

Iíve messaged another etsy seller about a Disney Princess pillowcase dress I really like. It has the exact princesses we should see at Akershus and she added little sparkles on each princessís outfit. I messaged her to see if she could make the dress a bit larger, but if not, I think weíll still get it and she can wear it as a tunic. I think that would be a great choice since we are doing breakfast there and touring Epcot afterwards.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #44
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Iím here! Iím glad to see that you have another trip planned! Your kids look so cute in their Easter outfits! I checked out jiffyshirts and it looks like a pretty good deal! You are a super shopper! It looks like you got a lot of really great things for the kids and youíve made a lot of nice projects! The dresses you got for your daughter are so beautiful. I hope she enjoys BBB I think it is great that you will have a ďDate NightĒ with your son. What a wonderful idea!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #45
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Iím here! Iím glad to see that you have another trip planned! Your kids look so cute in their Easter outfits! I checked out jiffyshirts and it looks like a pretty good deal! You are a super shopper! It looks like you got a lot of really great things for the kids and youíve made a lot of nice projects! The dresses you got for your daughter are so beautiful. I hope she enjoys BBB I think it is great that you will have a ďDate NightĒ with your son. What a wonderful idea!

Thanks for coming over and for the compliments on my children and our stuff. I didn't think I would go with etsy at first, but I liked that the seller made them soft inside. We are excited to be going back. I can hardly believe April is coming to an end.

Your plans look great. I hope you have a great time with your family.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: