Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Well, we have made the final decision on ddís dress for BBB. The lady on etsy.com has been great in our convo and was willing to make any of her dresses not only in my daughterís size, but she was also willing to make any of her dresses in pink for my daughter. Before she just had blue, purple and yellow dresses. But when I went to log on most recently she had an adorable pink dress, so we are going with that one. In ddís size, it will be just $3 more than a Park Princess dress and has its own non itchy lining. I have found some accessories on various sites, I know will look great with it.

She also had an amazing Rapunzel dress dd went crazy over though she didnít want it for BBB. She wanted it for the fall costume party her school has, to play dress-up and for the possible trip to WDW we might try to squeeze in the first week of Christmas break. I told her I wasnít going to be able to get it, but things are looking different so Iím going to surprise her with it.

In other, and probably more exciting news, our trip should be paid off by the end of this monthÖ6 weeks under the deadline. Gives me more time to load up gift cards for spending money. I want to be relaxed on this. I plan to fully endulge my frozen lemonade addiction during this trip and allow my children to try various frozen or non-frozen treats of their choosing.

And since ds is old enough to have his own meal, but not his own dining plan, I have to plan to buy him food at our QS meals. He'll be covered at our TS meals. With the exception of CRT, they are all either family style or buffet. I read they give children under 3 pasta and fruit or something for no additional cost, but I'll be prepared to buy him something there if I have to.

And the child can eat. He ate almost a whole kid nugget basket at Columbia Harbor House in October. Just left 4 or 5 fries. It is possible he and I can share, but I want to have the option of getting something he may not like.

I've been away from planning our trip and away from this board for a while. It is good to be back.

Next on the agenda is pre-ordering a photopass CD. I read (on here) that there will be a price increase in effect on March 21st. I want to get ours ordered before that.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Joining in on your planning. You are one amazing mommy! Your dinning choices are great! Some of our favorite places to eat. Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip!
cinderella crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
Joining in on your planning. You are one amazing mommy! Your dinning choices are great! Some of our favorite places to eat. Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip!

Thanks for reading and for your kind words. Four of our dining places we have been to before and loved (Crystal Palace, Akershus, Chef Mickey's and Tusker House). Except for Tusker House though we are doing different meals, switching to breakfast at CP and Akershus and to dinner at Chef Mickeys. The others will be new for us. Hollywood and Vine we had to cancel last time due to illness.

I'm going to check out the threads in your link. I love to read other trip reports with children.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
Old 03-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #19
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Mission accomplished: Just did my Pre-order on the Photopass for our trip in June. I'm grateful for the head's up. I haven't been on here for a while. Life has the nerve of getting in the way of my trip planning, but I got back into the dis just in time to find out about this before the increase went into effect.

We'll have 8 park days plus dd has a BBB appointment. They love meeting characters so we plan to hit the character spot at Epcot and Camp Minnie Mickey at AK along with a few selected meet and greets around the park (Rapunzel, Tiana, Buzz Lightyear, Pochantas, Mulan, Woody and Jesse, etc). Probably try to do one family shot at each park's main landmark (castle, the big ball as dd calls it, the tree and the hat).

Lots of things are coming together. I have all of our DISigns saved on the computer. I'm doing a character meal autograph book for each of them, have invitations to the TS meals and dd's BBB appointment and pages to make an activity/memory book for dd and a memory book for ds. Also going to have a stroller tag since we'll be using our own instead of renting (rental company provided a tag). Then there's my favorite thing. I'll be making shirts for us.

Going to get started on these projects soon so I'm not overwhelmed when it gets closer. Can't believe we'll almost down to 3 months.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Wow! You're going to be busy with all those things to do!

We just pre-ordered our Photopass! I love it! It's the only way that we all get in a picture. Plus, since I'm behind the camera there's very few pics of me. It's nice to "see" that I was actually there.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #21
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
Wow! You're going to be busy with all those things to do!

We just pre-ordered our Photopass! I love it! It's the only way that we all get in a picture. Plus, since I'm behind the camera there's very few pics of me. It's nice to "see" that I was actually there.
Yeah, we have 8 park days planned out of the 10 we'll be in Orlando. I'd like to be in a few of the pictures. I didn't get the photopass the last time even though we had pictures taken. Ran into some issues when we got back and had to do something else with the $150. I decided if we went again I'd order it before hand. We went to Sea World in October and the only pictures I was in were the ones the park workers took when we first arrived. I bought the CD on our way out.

I decided I actually wanted some character time too. I'm probably going to get the personal archive CD too after we get back so I can put our character meal pictures and some others that I take on it.

No doubt this is a mega trip for us. Our first trip was 6 nights, but with the times of our arrival and departure we only had about 5 park days and with it being Thanksgiving week, coupled with some tummy trouble we had a great time but we missed some things. I think we got more done when we went to MK for the last day of our Sea World trip than we did in the 2 days we went the first time. We are looking forward to having a much longer trip.

Got mixed in some half days where we'll spend our afternoon and evenings hanging around the resort, and our World Showcase day won't start until around 10am. I've been working more on our actual touring plan and I'm going to post more detail about our day to day plans soon.

Next thing on my agenda is to begin my Garden Grocer list. Could you help me with something? I want to do my table of contents with the links, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Any tips you can offer? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #22
Snickals
Australian Princess...in Training

Just wanted to pop in and say I am really enjoying reading your report!
29 October - 11 December 2013 - Pop Century Resort first 3 weeks Pennsylvania for 3 weeks; experienced snow for first time!

Snickals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #23
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickals View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say I am really enjoying reading your report!

Thank you. I am finally able to enjoy writing it. I went into a real planning slump for a while, but as we approach the 3 month mark, things are in full swing again.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Wow, by the weekend we will be down to 90 days.

I had previously figured weíd do a countdown this time because the last trip was a surprise and we didnít get to do one. I think it will add some excitement and cut down on the how much longer conversations so I think we will make some kind of countdown calendar this weekend. Iíll have to look on here for some ideas.

Well, this will be a short update. I put in my order on etsy.com for ddís dresses. She picked out a pink dress for BBB and Iím surprising her with a Rapunzel dress that she saw and fell in love with while we were looking. The lady said it would take two to two and a half weeks for me to get them. Iíll post pictures when they arrive. On to ebay to purchase those accessories and some other things.

My sonís City Mini arrived last night. I think he was more excited than I was. I hadnít even put the wheels on yet, when he came over and jumped in it.

The next two weeks, Iíll begin looking for and picking up some essentials for our trip and for summer in general.

In a real life update, Iím also planning my daughterís birthday party. My little girl will be 9 next month.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #25
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

The 3 of you will have a fantastic time! My 2 and I have visited DLR a few times just the 3 of us and we always had a blast!
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #26
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
The 3 of you will have a fantastic time! My 2 and I have visited DLR a few times just the 3 of us and we always had a blast!
Thanks, we really are looking forward to it. Well, dd and I are anyway. Ds knows he will just get dragged along where we go and is fine with it.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #27
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
I want to do my table of contents with the links, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Any tips you can offer? Thanks in advance.
I see on post 2 you've made a space for your links. This is what I would do:

1. Go to the first page of your PTR and go to the second post
2. Scroll down to the next post for your PTR
3. In the top right hand corner of the post is a number (it's the post number for your thread). Your next trip entry is on post #3 so click on the the 3.
4. A new window/tab should pop up with just that post.
5. Copy the URL address from that window/tab (the one for just your post #3
6. Click back onto your PTR window/tab where you had scrolled down to the second post.
7. Click "Edit" on your post #2
8. You can either highlight the word "Introductions" with your cursor or just click next to the word "Introductions" to post the link (If you highlight the word "Introductions" the word itself will become the link. If you click next to the word "Introductions," the link will go next to the word.
9. At the top of the edit screen, you'll see a symbol that looks like the world with a link in front of it. Click on it.
10. Remember the URL you copied from post #3? Paste it into the window that popped up when you clicked on the world.
11. Click "Okay"
12. Then click "Save" at the right bottom of the edit screen.
13. Repeat the process for each entry you've made (click on post number you want to link to, copy address, edit post #2, select where in post to place link, paste link, and save).

Hope this all makes sense.

Last edited by cinderella crazy; 03-23-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #28
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Thank you so so so so so so much. I can't wait to work on this tonight.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #29
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Adventures on ebay and other shopping

I discovered my love for ebay while getting ready for our first trip to Disney World. Quite a few great little finds on there added to the trip. I got ddís princess dress for her Akershus lunch on there, her carry on backpack, which was the only one I could find with 6 princesses, our lanyards and our Cinderella carriage necklaces for Pick-a-Pearl. For our trip to Sea World, I ordered her a notebook with a matching shoulder bag she used as a sketch pad.

This trip, I have found all sorts of things on there.

Drawstring backpacks for pool time
Drawstring backpack with external pockets for my park bag
Miniature Disney Princess backpack for dd to use at the parks
Lanyards with a tiny purse attached
Disney Princess Autograph book for dd
Cars Autograph book for ds
Character themed hair clips and bows for dd
Princess accessories (necklaces, bracelets and sticker earrings) for dd
Handy Manny plush toy for ds

And the cool part is everything will be used beyond this trip. The autograph books should get us through a few trips and our Disney Cruise next summer since Iím making them books for character meals. The lanyards we can use anywhere as well.

Iíve earned a good customer certificate from ebay although I have not followed the instructions in the email to print and display it. Never thought Iíd earn an award for shopping.

Iíve done some other shopping too. Started on the childrenís summer wardrobes, which Iíd be doing anyway. I have ordered their play clothes from Wal-Mart and got dd some items for childrenís church from Crazy 8. Iíve ordered her princess dresses from etsy and I have ordered their pool/beach cover-ups from www.onestepahead.com . Still need to get swim wear, water shoes and towels. Dd had a nice Tiana towel, but it got really worn during summer camp last year as they went to a pool twice a week every week, and it got washed quite a bit.

Other items still on the to buy list

Iím still working on my Garden Grocer order
Iíve started working on my t-shirt order (jiffyshirts.com).
Life jacket for dd, puddle jumper for ds
CARES harness for ds
Stroller fan for ds
Misting fans for dd and me
Refillable bottles to drink from in the parks and on the plane

Making another trip payment today as well. Almost done.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #30
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

I love buying stuff for Disney trips! So much fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: