Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Las Vegas
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

First time in Vegas, adults only!

I went to Vegas when I was young... almost 24 years ago.

but my DH has never been.

I want to take him for his 50 birthday, but I have no idea where to start or what to do.

We do not really gamble, we can play some slots but not really into true gambling.

We love to eat... and I have heard so much about the food offerings in Vegas, I am hoping to have some wonderful food experiences also.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a place to read about others experiences?

TIA.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
grahamfam3
Mouseketeer

There is an "Unofficial Guide" for Vegas (published by the some people who do the Disney one's, Sehlinger is the name to search for I think).

Otherwise, I will see what information I can bring back from my trip next week.
grahamfam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Kae
DIS Veteran

Check out www.cheapovegas.com & www.vegasmessageboard.com

We are going in 2 weeks & staying at the Flamingo we like it for its location & have gotten good rates & service.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamfam3 View Post
There is an "Unofficial Guide" for Vegas (published by the some people who do the Disney one's, Sehlinger is the name to search for I think).

Otherwise, I will see what information I can bring back from my trip next week.
that would be great, enjoy your trip and have a great time...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae View Post
Check out www.cheapovegas.com & www.vegasmessageboard.com

We are going in 2 weeks & staying at the Flamingo we like it for its location & have gotten good rates & service.

Kae
have you been before? What do you do while you are there?

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
7165red
DIS Veteran

check out www.tripadvisor.com and go to the travel forums, you will go US-Nev forum and you will find many questions and answers about LV.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
check out www.tripadvisor.com and go to the travel forums, you will go US-Nev forum and you will find many questions and answers about LV.
Thanks for the tip!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
have you been before? What do you do while you are there?
Sorry it has been so long for me to reply. This is our 3rd trip. We are foodies & people watchers, we do a little gambling each day but it is cheaper for me to buy my own drinks Things we want to do this trip is Zipline on Fremont street, check out a few shows.things we will do are The show infront of Treasure Isand call ed Sirens very cheesey but you gotta see it, the Volcano in front the Mirage & of course the Fountains.
I would also like to do the Effial Tower at Paris & rollercoaster at NYNY. There is so much to do & eat & Drink.

When are you going?

Kae
DisneyLand-March 2006
Old 01-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
dgbg100106

Quote:
Sorry it has been so long for me to reply. This is our 3rd trip. We are foodies & people watchers, we do a little gambling each day but it is cheaper for me to buy my own drinks Things we want to do this trip is Zipline on Fremont street, check out a few shows.things we will do are The show infront of Treasure Isand call ed Sirens very cheesey but you gotta see it, the Volcano in front the Mirage & of course the Fountains.
I would also like to do the Effial Tower at Paris & rollercoaster at NYNY. There is so much to do & eat & Drink.

When are you going?

Kae
We are planning on going in May.... Not memorial day weekend but mid may.

We love to eat.... and would enjoy the shows. Thanks for the tips of things to do..

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

If you want really really good food and service, I love Picasso at the Bellagio and Roubichon at MGM. These are 5 diamond rated restaurants so you have to be prepared for the cost. I travel a lot and Picasso is my favorite restaurant anywhere.

A bit more casual but also high on my list is Mesa Grill at Caesars and B&B Ristorante at Venetian. If you are wine drinkers, Aeroles at Mandalay Bay has great food and it's fun to watch the Wine Angels retrieve the wine bottles from the tower.

For breakfast, I always have to go at least one day to Bouchon at Venetian.

For shows, I enjoy all of the Cirque shows. Love is my favorite, followed by Ka. For a little different Cirque type experience, I recommend the Champagne Circle seats at La Reve at the Wynn. There's always a lot of great entertainers there and I've enjoyed almost every show I've seen (except Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian--hated it).

I am not a gambler either. During the day, I enjoy just walking and watching the sights and the people. I love walking through the Grand Canal shops at the Venetian and the Forum shops at Caesars plus I usually spend a few hours at the Fashion Show mall. If the weather is nice, I usually rent a pool cabana for a nice relaxing day. There are some nice spas also, I like Canyon Ranch at Venetian.

I'm not a fan of Fremont Street but my husband thinks it a kick to go down there once in awhile.

I go to Las Vegas several times a year. It's a really nice place to visit even for us non-gamblers.

I've stayed at almost every Strip hotel. My favorites are the Venetian and Palazzo. Bellagio and Wynn and the hotel (at Mandalay but not Mandalay Bay resort) after that and probably Caesars Augustus Tower after that. Sign up for internet offers from the various resorts and you will usually get some nice offers for better rates.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Kae
DIS Veteran

May is a great month. I suprised DH with a trip for his 40th-we had a great group go along. It was very hot, one of the girls & I would go to bed around midnight most nights & hit the pool at 9 am when it open & and at the Flamingo there was a line to in.. Had the best drinks around the pool. that trip was a sunday to Friday.

Kae
DisneyLand-March 2006
Old 01-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
If you want really really good food and service, I love Picasso at the Bellagio and Roubichon at MGM. These are 5 diamond rated restaurants so you have to be prepared for the cost. I travel a lot and Picasso is my favorite restaurant anywhere.

A bit more casual but also high on my list is Mesa Grill at Caesars and B&B Ristorante at Venetian. If you are wine drinkers, Aeroles at Mandalay Bay has great food and it's fun to watch the Wine Angels retrieve the wine bottles from the tower.

For breakfast, I always have to go at least one day to Bouchon at Venetian.

For shows, I enjoy all of the Cirque shows. Love is my favorite, followed by Ka. For a little different Cirque type experience, I recommend the Champagne Circle seats at La Reve at the Wynn. There's always a lot of great entertainers there and I've enjoyed almost every show I've seen (except Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian--hated it).

I am not a gambler either. During the day, I enjoy just walking and watching the sights and the people. I love walking through the Grand Canal shops at the Venetian and the Forum shops at Caesars plus I usually spend a few hours at the Fashion Show mall. If the weather is nice, I usually rent a pool cabana for a nice relaxing day. There are some nice spas also, I like Canyon Ranch at Venetian.

I'm not a fan of Fremont Street but my husband thinks it a kick to go down there once in awhile.

I go to Las Vegas several times a year. It's a really nice place to visit even for us non-gamblers.

I've stayed at almost every Strip hotel. My favorites are the Venetian and Palazzo. Bellagio and Wynn and the hotel (at Mandalay but not Mandalay Bay resort) after that and probably Caesars Augustus Tower after that. Sign up for internet offers from the various resorts and you will usually get some nice offers for better rates.
Thanks this is great! now I have search through here.... My DH has a ton of Hilton Honor points, has anyone stayed at Hilton there? I am not sure if I could keep it a secret if I used his points but it would save us on hotel costs...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
dgbg100106

Quote:
May is a great month. I suprised DH with a trip for his 40th-we had a great group go along. It was very hot, one of the girls & I would go to bed around midnight most nights & hit the pool at 9 am when it open & and at the Flamingo there was a line to in.. Had the best drinks around the pool. that trip was a sunday to Friday.

Kae
I am thinking the flight prices would be better if we could go Wednesday to Tuesday...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #14
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Thanks this is great! now I have search through here.... My DH has a ton of Hilton Honor points, has anyone stayed at Hilton there? I am not sure if I could keep it a secret if I used his points but it would save us on hotel costs...
It is no longer a Hilton. try smartervegas.com
DisneyLand-March 2006
Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
grahamfam3
Mouseketeer

Ok, we are back now.

Some of the places I saw/found out about to eat -

Caesars Palace, as mentioned before, has several good places to eat including the Mesa Grill. Also, the MGM has some good restaurants including Emirals (spelled wrong) and SeaBlue. There is a nice restuarant in Paris in the Eiffel Tower that we didn't eat at, but the menu looked great.

If you eat at Caesars, you might want to go to a bar there named "Shadow", trust me your husband will like it (although the drinks are ridiculously expensive).
grahamfam3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: