Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #91
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I looked in on your blog a couple of times, but didn't see much activity there either...
I have a blog???

Yeah, I pretty much gave up on that project, didn't I?! Thanks for the welcome - it's nice to be back! Leo's doing well - we're definitely still spending a ridiculous amount of time with The Mouse, though we've added The Wizard and The Simpsons to our Central FL Theme Park arsenal.

Quote:
…and Lauren’s high school graduation is looming this Spring, June of 2012.
OMG, already?!?!

Quote:
After borrowing some points from my next use year to cover the trade, and some discussion around a few other items, I was off the phone. The whole process only took about 15 minutes.
This is really encouraging - I have no plans to trade in the near future, but figure we might down the road and I wondered what the process was like.

Quote:
The "City" portion of the trip is for two of our clan, Judy and Lauren, spending 3 nights in June, in New York City.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #92
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

My goodness, Glenn. Between the Pre-Trip Report and the Actual Trip Report threads, do you actually have time with your family? Do the kids have to schedule time with you around your DisBoard visits? "Sorry, Lauren, I am updating my 250-page TR on that day. But I have an opening on January 18 at 1:30. Oh wait, I'll be at work then. Can you meet with me on January 29 at 11:30pm? Oh, you'll be sleeping at that time?"

I have a new job which takes up so much time, I rarely visit the DisBoards anymore at work. And I have a four-year-old who takes up so much of my time that I rarely visit at home, either. The exact opposite of you, apparently.

In any case, I will do my very best to try to keep up with this mammoth beast that you call a PTR. It's only 7 pages now, but you and I both know it will easily be 868 pages by the time you take your next trip.

Ribbing aside...oh wait. I don't think I have any non-ribbing comments.

Until the next segment...
hucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #93
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Hi Glennbo, subbing. I just love trip planning, especially when it the theme is Disney!
Hi Cin! Good to have you along.

I agree, planning is half the fun...and I don't tell my family so that I can keep it all to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Ok, this has me rather intrigued now - how can the show be about shopping for a wedding dress??? Well, I guess I better look it up on wikipedia - which is another thing I would not have dared to dream about 20 years ago.
Doesn't sound like much of a premise to go on, does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Reminds me of a conversation I had recently with a friend about Star Trek and how we watched The Next Generation as teenagers and thought the touch screens were so cool! Now my iPhone has one and even has the voice control...
I interned at IBM in the mid-80's and learned about a new project called "Global Positioning System". Now I'm throwing out all of my old maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Oh, that is so sad - as you go through this year, there are more and more "lasts" for the year. You should have seen us all blubbering together outside the locker room at the last football game. The boys came out and were a little put off with us, I think.
I'm sure the worst will be when James goes through his senior year and we have our last "lasts". Right now it's just weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Im sure Judy & Lauren are going to have a great time in NYC! WTG getting the room fairly easy too!!!
I'm sure they will too. I was glad it worked out, I didn't really have a plan "B" if I couldn't get the dates I wanted.

Quote:
DW & I have wanted to see Wicked for a while but we were waiting for Juliana to get a little older. Maybe we will take her this spring.
I hope you do.....start saving!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #94
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I have a blog???

Yeah, I pretty much gave up on that project, didn't I?!
Well, if I'd ever figured out how to post to it maybe you would have known you had a reader.

Quote:
Leo's doing well - we're definitely still spending a ridiculous amount of time with The Mouse, though we've added The Wizard and The Simpsons to our Central FL Theme Park arsenal.
Sounds great! We still haven't made it over there, and unfortunately am not planning it for this upcoming trip either. But someday, I promise!

Quote:
OMG, already?!?!
Yes, already!

Quote:
This is really encouraging - I have no plans to trade in the near future, but figure we might down the road and I wondered what the process was like.
It seems like it's easy as long as there's availability. If not, then I think you need to supply some other potential dates for them to look into for you, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
My goodness, Glenn.
Hucifer!!! You're alive!

Surely you've taken that trip to Hawaii by now....how was it?

Quote:
Between the Pre-Trip Report and the Actual Trip Report threads, do you actually have time with your family?
Who? Oh yeah, those people. I took a few months off after the last TR ended until I started this one to get reacquainted with them. Now I think we're good until June, when I'll see them for the trip.

Quote:
Do the kids have to schedule time with you around your DisBoard visits? "Sorry, Lauren, I am updating my 250-page TR on that day. But I have an opening on January 18 at 1:30. Oh wait, I'll be at work then. Can you meet with me on January 29 at 11:30pm? Oh, you'll be sleeping at that time?"
Ha! I can see you still have a youngster at home....I've reached the point (and this is terrible to admit) where at least Lauren and sometimes Marlene stay up later than me.

Quote:
I have a new job which takes up so much time, I rarely visit the DisBoards anymore at work.
Stupid work.

Quote:
In any case, I will do my very best to try to keep up with this mammoth beast that you call a PTR.
and

Quote:
It's only 7 pages now, but you and I both know it will easily be 868 pages by the time you take your next trip.
No, the mods'll make me open a new thread when it hits 250.

Quote:
Ribbing aside...oh wait. I don't think I have any non-ribbing comments.
You are like the Don Rickles of Disboard commenters, so I'll take that as a compliment!

Quote:
Until the next segment...
Old 01-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #95
hucifer

Quote:
Surely you've taken that trip to Hawaii by now....how was it?
WONDERFUL!!! OMG, it was a trip of a lifetime. I have a video of it on YouTube. I don't have the link right now (YouTube is blocked right now at work), but I'll get it to you. Keep reminding me.

Quote:
Who? Oh yeah, those people. I took a few months off after the last TR ended until I started this one to get reacquainted with them. Now I think we're good until June, when I'll see them for the trip.
That sounds about right.

Quote:
Ha! I can see you still have a youngster at home....I've reached the point (and this is terrible to admit) where at least Lauren and sometimes Marlene stay up later than me.
That's because they're up late, reading your TRs and PTRs so that they can get to know the father they never see anymore.

Quote:
You are like the Don Rickles of Disboard commenters, so I'll take that as a compliment!
My reputation precedes me. I can only hope I'm as good looking at Don too.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #96
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
I hope you do.....start saving!
We try to go to a show once a year... but yea, they are a little pricey.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #97
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nah, he's pretty well grounded. And besides, in addition to being a poem, it also appears in a movie.
You all are on page 7, but I'm still back here on page 2, so I will jump in here with the movie answer...it is Lethal Weapon.....uh.....4? We watched them all yesterday

Oh.....and I'm here!!!

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
mom3sonstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #98
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
An appeal to the Rules Committee already Molly? Well, I'll you anyway. Thanks for joining in!
Yep, an appeal already! You had to know it would be either me or Marv, right? How often does the Rules Committe meet anyway? I don't want to waiting forever to hear their ruling!

Quote:
I think it's going to be a very memorable time for us.
I'd say so. Too bad you couldn't weasel your way into the NYC trip though.

Quote:
Aw thanks -- we did! And I hope your family did as well.
We did too! Lots of family, lots of fun and too much peppermint bark and fudge. Christmas goes so fast though, I think we should petition to have it made into a week long holiday rather than just one day.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #99
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WONDERFUL!!! OMG, it was a trip of a lifetime. I have a video of it on YouTube. I don't have the link right now (YouTube is blocked right now at work), but I'll get it to you. Keep reminding me.
Great! Good to hear. Now, how 'bout that link?

We're planning on a "parents only" trip to the new Hawaiian DVC resort in 2014, which will be a milestone anniversary for us.

Quote:
That sounds about right.
Yeah, that's what I figured.

Quote:
That's because they're up late, reading your TRs and PTRs so that they can get to know the father they never see anymore.
He's such a great guy, on paper.

Quote:
My reputation precedes me. I can only hope I'm as good looking at Don too.
I've met you in person and can say, yes, you are that good looking.

Quote:
We try to go to a show once a year... but yea, they are a little pricey.
Once a year is probably good, especially for you living relatively close....it's a special treat, and doesn't completely break the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
Oh.....and I'm here!!!
I'll answer this one first -- Tanya!

How's everything? Are you doing well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
You all are on page 7, but I'm still back here on page 2, so I will jump in here with the movie answer...it is Lethal Weapon.....uh.....4? We watched them all yesterday
I haven't seen the Lethal Weapon series past the 2nd one, so you are probably right, but it wasn't the movie I was thinking of....I was thinking of the ending of The Dead Poet's Society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Yep, an appeal already! You had to know it would be either me or Marv, right?
Yep, you two are who my money'd be on.

Quote:
How often does the Rules Committe meet anyway? I don't want to waiting forever to hear their ruling!
Quite frequently....every time I talk to myself.

Quote:
I'd say so. Too bad you couldn't weasel your way into the NYC trip though.
Oh I could...but should I?

Quote:
We did too! Lots of family, lots of fun and too much peppermint bark and fudge. Christmas goes so fast though, I think we should petition to have it made into a week long holiday rather than just one day.
My kids and teaching wife only had last week off -- they didn't even have yesterday, Jan. 2nd off. I guess the school district didn't realize that everybody else was taking it as a holiday.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #100
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Glenn I've done 2 Sr nights at football games already, seen one graduate from college and Michelle will graduate from LSU in December of this year. Since Danielle is only 12 I have a very long wait before I'm done. Michelle is planning on tying the knot March 2013 so the next year, we will be busy with planning that. It all just seems to go by in a blur.

Enjoy Lauren's SR year. My oldest is a boy and didn't really get into the school stuff much. He did spend all 4 years in the band so we did enjoy that. Michelle was very much into school and I had a great time experiencing her SR year. Fun but very expensive. Looking back she says she loved high school, it the best time in her life.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #101
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

How did I miss this????? I"m so in!

I went with my parents a few years ago to visit NYC for Christmas. It was fantastic. We saw Lion King on Broadway and I saw it again the other day in Denver. Told my Dad it just wasn't the same without him snoring through it!

Wicked is a fantastic show. I've got to get tickets for the next time it plays here this spring.

Jill in CO
Old 01-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #102
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
and .....I'm going to have to score that as correct!

We're not flying out of NYC, but New York City is the correct city. Now I guess I'll have to post the update. Look for it in in a few minutes.

Great job Rosie!

I won everyone mark it down Rosie WON
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #103
hucifer

Quote:
Great! Good to hear. Now, how 'bout that link?

We're planning on a "parents only" trip to the new Hawaiian DVC resort in 2014, which will be a milestone anniversary for us.
Hawaii is paradise. Plain and simple. We can't wait to go back.

Okay, the link to the vacation video is in my signature. Please to enjoy.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #104
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Glenn I've done 2 Sr nights at football games already, seen one graduate from college and Michelle will graduate from LSU in December of this year.
Wow, really?

Quote:
Since Danielle is only 12 I have a very long wait before I'm done.
So is James, so we're on the same track.

Quote:
Michelle is planning on tying the knot March 2013 so the next year, we will be busy with planning that. It all just seems to go by in a blur.
It really is!

Quote:
Enjoy Lauren's SR year. My oldest is a boy and didn't really get into the school stuff much. He did spend all 4 years in the band so we did enjoy that. Michelle was very much into school and I had a great time experiencing her SR year. Fun but very expensive. Looking back she says she loved high school, it the best time in her life.
Lauren's had a pretty good time also. Marlene's a freshman and we got her to join the marching band (it was like pulling teeth, no scratch that, it was worse), and she found out she loves it. So she's on her way to a good high school experience too, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
How did I miss this????? I"m so in!
I don't know, sorry, but I'm glad you found us. Jill. We're not too far along.

Quote:
I went with my parents a few years ago to visit NYC for Christmas. It was fantastic. We saw Lion King on Broadway and I saw it again the other day in Denver. Told my Dad it just wasn't the same without him snoring through it!
Judy got to escort a class's day trip to NYC last spring and saw the Lion King. She texted me from the show that it was awesome.

Quote:
Wicked is a fantastic show. I've got to get tickets for the next time it plays here this spring.

Jill in CO
Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I won everyone mark it down Rosie WON
Yep, marked it down. Hey, you could have at least let a couple more wrong answers get posted before you answered to let the drama build a little.

Quote:

I LOVE IT!!!

So much dancing! Where did Patrick get those dance moves? Oh wait, I saw Dan dancing there too, so that explains it.

Patrick seems like such a happy little guy. Enjoy every second of it!

Thanks for sharing the video.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #105
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
GreatBiscuit is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: