Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #151
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

All caught up with the chatter !! I almost forgot in '95 when I was on a cruise to the Caribbean we toured a Turtle Farm it was awesome if memory serves me it was in Grand Cayman !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #152
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I can totally relate to the foot jammed into the floor, but not the door handle!
I think I was holding on for dear life. When I realized I was doing it, I wondered if I was trying to get out subconsciously.

Quote:
The driver test guy told Lauren that! I guess we had pounded into her that she had to make sure she didn't speed during the test, and she kind of overdid it. Or underdid it. Well, you get the idea.
Chris had the opposite at first. We warned him he couldn't be pop pop on the test so he ended up speeding. It is no fair that the speed limit actually changes on the road they do the test. To something ridiculous for the road, a 4 lane divided hwy. Since he was going the speed before it was reduced, he failed and had to go back. The second time he was pop pop but the guy passed him since he saw the notes from the other inspector.

Overall I think he was a better driver than my DD when taking the test but she passed outright. Go Figure. I think he got really nervous.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #153
MEK
DIS Veteran

I wanted to post some Vero pics for you yesterday, but I never got around to it. Bad day! Anyway - I haven't forgotten and maybe I can post a few of my favs tonight.

I hear ya on the driving - flights are way too high. Looks like we'll be driving too (and probably passing each other on the road).

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #154
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Obscura is a new one on me...I'll have to google it.

I'm back....not a whole lot on their webpage, they haven't started online sales yet. Looks interesting though!
The shop is the center of a Discovery Channel show called Oddities. They just sell really weird stuff. I mean REALLY weird. Just what my DD loves!

Quote:
I looked at that condo you reserved -- it looks really nice. I didn't remember that you were going there before WDW. We're just resting up for all of the park time, right?
Yup. That's the ticket! Resting up.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
ddstratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #155
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
All caught up with the chatter !! I almost forgot in '95 when I was on a cruise to the Caribbean we toured a Turtle Farm it was awesome if memory serves me it was in Grand Cayman !!!
Turtle Farm -- I'm picturing a turtle farmer heading out very slowly to milk the cows....gets back inside and it's time to do it again.

I've seen "Turtle Talk with Crush"....does that count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I think I was holding on for dear life. When I realized I was doing it, I wondered if I was trying to get out subconsciously.
Of course you were! It was your survival instinct kicking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Chris had the opposite at first. We warned him he couldn't be pop pop on the test so he ended up speeding. It is no fair that the speed limit actually changes on the road they do the test. To something ridiculous for the road, a 4 lane divided hwy. Since he was going the speed before it was reduced, he failed and had to go back. The second time he was pop pop but the guy passed him since he saw the notes from the other inspector.

Overall I think he was a better driver than my DD when taking the test but she passed outright. Go Figure. I think he got really nervous.
Lauren took a couple of attempts to pass too. The first time was a comedy of errors, none of which were her fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I wanted to post some Vero pics for you yesterday, but I never got around to it. Bad day! Anyway - I haven't forgotten and maybe I can post a few of my favs tonight.
That'd be great! Thanks. No hurry, somehow I have to keep this thread going for a few months yet.

Quote:
I hear ya on the driving - flights are way too high. Looks like we'll be driving too (and probably passing each other on the road).
DISmeet at South of the Border?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
The shop is the center of a Discovery Channel show called Oddities. They just sell really weird stuff. I mean REALLY weird. Just what my DD loves!
They wouldn't sell if it there wasn't a market for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Yup. That's the ticket! Resting up.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #156
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Yay! Another update from my favorite Glenn!

Quote:
As seen from the road:

(This photo has been borrowed from the internet and will be returned the moment you close this post, I promise.)
You "borrow" a lot from the Interwebs, I noticed.

Ooh, that's lovely. You guys mind a stowaway in your van?

Quote:
We figured we’d like to give another Disney resort a try, and this one would definitely give us a different type of vacation than the theme parks.
Five days at the beach would probably be better AFTER the WDW trip.

Quote:
One other potentially cool thing though… The latest edition of Disney Files magazine (a publication for DVC owners) brought to my attention that June and July are the prime months to see nesting sea turtles crawling on the beach to lay their eggs.
I admit, this would be wonderful to experience for yourself. But if you miss it, you will definitely see them when you and Judy go to Hawaii. I recommend Turtle Beach in Kona!
[sigh] Ah, Hawaii...

Quote:
Considering that the “flying” scenario has the cost of flights and the cost to rent a car to/from Vero, the cost of “driving” looks like a big savings in comparison, even though I’ll hate the extra time and effort required.
Now see, I would be excited at the thought of a driving trip to Florida. Especially with teenagers!

Quote:
Well anyway, there you have it. Now you know part 2. The "Sand" portion of the trip is for our family, ie. me, Judy and the kids, to spend 4 nights in Vero Beach Florida.
And here I was, thinking it had something to do with blasting paint off of a vehicle. Don't I feel dumb.
hucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #157
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

The "sun" portion of your trip sounds FAB! Be careful and don't get too burned.

Sorry about the van being totaled. Good luck on the car shopping. I hate car shopping and leave it to Dennis. He actually enjoys it.

As far as driving, we do it for most of our trips. We will be driving next month. The worst part is going through Florida. We in the state F O R E V E R! We zoom through LA, MS and AL, but Florida takes F O R E V E R!

Looking forward to more.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #158
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Just read your 2010 TR in it entirety...now it's time to come out of lurking and join the Glennbo fun!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #159
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
Yay! Another update from my favorite Glenn!
I got a warm/fuzzy feeling when I read that and then I thought "She doesn't know any other Glenns!"

Quote:
You "borrow" a lot from the Interwebs, I noticed.
If they'd put out an envelope, I'd contribute. What's that you say? The founder of Wikipedia has made an appeal for support? No, I've never clicked on that.

Quote:
Ooh, that's lovely. You guys mind a stowaway in your van?
Yes, Patrick is welcome any time!

Quote:
Five days at the beach would probably be better AFTER the WDW trip.

Quote:
I admit, this would be wonderful to experience for yourself. But if you miss it, you will definitely see them when you and Judy go to Hawaii. I recommend Turtle Beach in Kona!
[sigh] Ah, Hawaii...
Thanks! <pretends to jot it down> (I'll ask you again when I'm planning that trip in a couple of years.)

Quote:
Now see, I would be excited at the thought of a driving trip to Florida. Especially with teenagers!
I'll bet you would. I'm sure it'll be a joy-filled ride with the "License plate" game and "I spy".

Quote:
And here I was, thinking it had something to do with blasting paint off of a vehicle. Don't I feel dumb.
Don't be so rough on yourself...anyone could have made that mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
The "sun" portion of your trip sounds FAB! Be careful and don't get too burned.
That's a good point -- we don't want to be fried lobsters when we get to the parks. Judy's our sunscreen nazi...she won't let us go too long without reapplying.

Quote:
Sorry about the van being totaled. Good luck on the car shopping. I hate car shopping and leave it to Dennis. He actually enjoys it.
Thanks. Dennis is welcome to come up and pick one out for me!

Quote:
As far as driving, we do it for most of our trips. We will be driving next month. The worst part is going through Florida. We in the state F O R E V E R! We zoom through LA, MS and AL, but Florida takes F O R E V E R!
It's the same for us -- we hit the Florida state line and we're all "Woo Hoo!" "We're almost there!" And then we keep driving, and driving, and driving....and driving.....

Quote:
Looking forward to more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Just read your 2010 TR in it entirety...
And you're still awake enough to type??? Thank you for reading it! to the PTR! Another great screen-name -- I wished I'd put more thought into mine....too late now, oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
now it's time to come out of lurking and join the Glennbo fun!
I'd say so! I'm glad you've joined.

Last edited by glennbo123; 01-10-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #160
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That sounds perfect!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #161
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG! I didn't even think about that! You'll have to lay out your driving itinerary. We check out of BWV on Monday June 18th and then our plans are blurry. I was actually thinking of heading over to Cocoa Beach that afternoon and then touring KSC on the 19th.

Are you driving straight through?

Vero.....

Watch this slide - It is Dangerous!!!!!!! It gave me whiplash!

One of the beach cottages

More

Our room was the second balcony - a one bedroom - nice and big like OKW

The view from our room

More view

Sunrise? Sunset?

In the town of Vero

On the beach

Looking from the living room to the balcony

Ahhhhhh.....

OK, gotta go. Need to do some replies on my own TR. I've been a slacker!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #162
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
That sounds perfect!
Wouldn't it be! Capt. Oblivious gave me the idea.

Quote:
OMG! I didn't even think about that! You'll have to lay out your driving itinerary. We check out of BWV on Monday June 18th and then our plans are blurry. I was actually thinking of heading over to Cocoa Beach that afternoon and then touring KSC on the 19th.

Are you driving straight through?
We check in on the 19th so we'll probably start driving on the 18th and stop for the night somewhere South Carolina-y or Georgia-ish.

Quote:
Vero.....
Thank you so much for the pictures! These are the best collection I've seen...there aren't really a lot around. I guess (most) people go there and just relax and put their camera away.

Quote:
One of the beach cottages
Wouldn't it be great to get one of those?!

Quote:
Sunrise? Sunset?
♪ ♪ ♫ Swiftly flow the daaays. Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers, blossoming even as we gaze. ♪ ♪ ♫

Quote:
OK, gotta go. Need to do some replies on my own TR. I've been a slacker!
Thanks again for posting the pictures. I know what you mean.

I think I still need to comment on your latest chapter (maybe two).
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #163
BMC423
DIS Veteran

WOW, those pictures MEK (thanks for sharing) posted look aaaamazing! I agree with the poster who said that it would be great to do Vero Beach after WDW; especially after seeing those pictures. I wanna go!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
BMC423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #164
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

MEK, Beautiful pictures of Vero. I'm slowly trying to get caught back up and your trippy is one I'll be tackling again.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #165
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My reputation precedes me. I can only hope I'm as good looking at Don too.
Hucifer is ALIVE!!!! Welcome back to the DISworld Hockey Puck!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I Googles it and it said something about a guy who carries a wooden spoon !!!
Okay lady, you remember what happened the last time you were talking bad about me!!!!!
Quote:
Oh, before I forget, I should update the "running total":

Dan - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Pat - 1 Judy-sighting win
Rosie - 1 bonus question win
Can you actually call something a Judy sighting when they didn't even sight any Judy's???? RULES COMMITTEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Quote:
I'm in!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: