Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





View Poll Results: What would be a good date for a long weekend convention?
September 2012 5 9.43%
November 2012 7 13.21%
January 2013 19 35.85%
March 2013 7 13.21%
May 2013 11 20.75%
Summer 2013 8 15.09%
Don't care when, I'll be there! 5 9.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #151
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I'd share a room with Tim.

It's Dutch Oven Time, Baby!
A room... not a bed!
that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #152
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!
 
Emma's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
I just had the Nemesis song pop into my head and visions of DIS Dads skipping hand in hand joyfully through the parks while wearing Mickey hats and waving to all the guests...
Modified to add flavor... I think Tim may have just tasted a little bile in his mouth...
__________________
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Emma's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #153
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix
 
DisneyDadC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bucks County, Pa
Posts: 2,544

way to far down on the list,lets bump this up a bit.

How long do we want to keep the polls open before we try to nail down a smaller time frame?
__________________
Deb DW,Carl Me,Billy DS21,Beth DD16,Becca DD14, Brandon DS11,Bobby DS9
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic


DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #154
IamTrike
DIS Veteran
 
IamTrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 2,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
way to far down on the list,lets bump this up a bit.

How long do we want to keep the polls open before we try to nail down a smaller time frame?
A timeframe more narrow than "eventually"... You're asking a lot.
__________________
Ack! Logo currently taking time off to enjoy a Dole Whip at the bequest of Disney's legal team.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #155
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
 
AJRitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 2,989

Part of the problem is that we're talking about 2013, and there isn't any Disney booking information available for 2013 yet. I think we do have it boiled down to January or March 2013. I'm pushing toward January personally, because after the first week in March we hit Spring Break pricing (even though it won't be Spring Break for everyone's family at the same time). One of the things that is leading us to January is marathon weekend, because we have several runners. But we also don't have any information yet on when 2013 marathon weekend will be yet - just some speculation.
__________________
Aaron (45), Wife DW, The Bug DD (11), Bubba J DS (7)
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!


AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #156
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 9,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Hmmmmmm...
Don, I am bringing my wife and daughters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Maybe we need a "Ladies' Auxilliary Meet"?
I am not scared
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 10 & = 9 (twins) DS 9 DD 7 DD 5

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #157
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad
 
DisDadDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Part of the problem is that we're talking about 2013, and there isn't any Disney booking information available for 2013 yet. I think we do have it boiled down to January or March 2013. I'm pushing toward January personally, because after the first week in March we hit Spring Break pricing (even though it won't be Spring Break for everyone's family at the same time). One of the things that is leading us to January is marathon weekend, because we have several runners. But we also don't have any information yet on when 2013 marathon weekend will be yet - just some speculation.
We may also either want to avoid or hit MLK long weekend (for crowds! or to get more attendance)
__________________
Chris Dis Dad #403 DW DS(14) DS(13) DD(11)

As Kid: 1978 Polynesian - 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 GF/Poly -
Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF - June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT -
Feb 2012 AKL - Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Jan 2014 TBD

Last edited by DisDadDoc; 01-06-2012 at 06:39 AM.
DisDadDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #158
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 9,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
We may also either want to avoid or hit MLK long weekend (for crowds! or to get more attendance)
Very true! Will the MK Fantasyland expansion be complete by this time?
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 10 & = 9 (twins) DS 9 DD 7 DD 5

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #159
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
 
AJRitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 2,989

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
We may also either want to avoid or hit MLK long weekend (for crowds! or to get more attendance)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Very true! Will the MK Fantasyland expansion be complete by this time?
Much of the expansion will be open by January 2013, but the Mine Train probably won't open until Fall 2013, at the earliest.

My own inclination is to stay away from MLK weekend. Crowd level estimates are 8s and 9s, and travel costs go up for the holiday weekend. I'd rather try to keep costs down a bit and try to work with Marathon Weekend (even if resort pricing is the same for Marathon and MLK weekends, gas prices and airline fares will spike for the holiday weekend).
__________________
Aaron (45), Wife DW, The Bug DD (11), Bubba J DS (7)
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!


AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #160
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 9,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Much of the expansion will be open by January 2013, but the Mine Train probably won't open until Fall 2013, at the earliest.

My own inclination is to stay away from MLK weekend. Crowd level estimates are 8s and 9s, and travel costs go up for the holiday weekend. I'd rather try to keep costs down a bit and try to work with Marathon Weekend (even if resort pricing is the same for Marathon and MLK weekends, gas prices and airline fares will spike for the holiday weekend).
I agree. I think if we can keep the other costs lower, but make it more beneficial to attend we should have a pretty good turn out.

Doc, what was the last total you came up with for definities and maybe's?
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 10 & = 9 (twins) DS 9 DD 7 DD 5

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #161
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix
 
DisneyDadC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bucks County, Pa
Posts: 2,544

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I agree. I think if we can keep the other costs lower, but make it more beneficial to attend we should have a pretty good turn out.

Doc, what was the last total you came up with for definities and maybe's?
He cant remember cause he lost count when he had to put his shoes back on
__________________
Deb DW,Carl Me,Billy DS21,Beth DD16,Becca DD14, Brandon DS11,Bobby DS9
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic


DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #162
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 9,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
He cant remember cause he lost count when he had to put his shoes back on
Wow
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 10 & = 9 (twins) DS 9 DD 7 DD 5

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #163
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325
 
middlepat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 1,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
He cant remember cause he lost count when he had to put his shoes back on
But did the shoes match?
__________________

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
middlepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #164
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight
 
scott2997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
But did the shoes match?
Wow - you guys ganging up on Doc and none of you are even his nemesis.

However cruel.....and extremely funny!

__________________
Me DW DD7 DD5




Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
scott2997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #165
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix
 
DisneyDadC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bucks County, Pa
Posts: 2,544

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Wow - you guys ganging up on Doc and none of you are even his nemesis.

However cruel.....and extremely funny!

Chris is a big boy he can handle it
__________________
Deb DW,Carl Me,Billy DS21,Beth DD16,Becca DD14, Brandon DS11,Bobby DS9
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic


DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: