Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #61
Linden Lady
Mouseketeer

Sure, I know they'd love that! But only if other cruisers have extra "pixie dust" to share. Certainly no obligation to do so. Very lovely gesture tho! And very much appreciated by our family!
Our family FE has pockets with their names on it.
DS - Matthew 10
DS - Nicholas 8

We are going to start on our FE gifts this wknd. The boys have some very good ideas this year! Lol . Looking forward to it!!!
Linden Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #62
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Thanks for the info, Linden Lady. Here is our cruise's most current Fish Extender participation list:

Disboards ID; Stateroom #; Occupants

allison63; 9176; 3 adults, 1 kid - 4 (boy)

allison63; 9174; 1 adult, 1 kid - 6 (girl)

Bethanee; 9078; 2 adults, 3 kids - 9 (boy), 7 (boy), 22 mo (boy)

gortman65; 6B GTY ; 2 adults, 2 kids - 6 (girl), 10 mo (girl)

Linden Lady; 10660 ; 2 adults, 2 kids - 10 (boy), 8 (boy)

MomPotz; 7550; 2 adults, 2 kids - 11 (girl), 8 (boy)

nkochrn; 8143; 2 adults, 2 kids - 5 (girl), 3 (boy)

pamhlp; 6576; 3 adults, 1 kid - 11 (girl)

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #63
mikesmom88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsma View Post
Hi mikesmom88,
Yes, just grab a cab when you get off. With 8 of you, you should fill your own cab and not have to deal with the drivers sitting around trying to get it full, honestly that is the worst part. It is $4 per person for the cab.

Tell them the Comfort Suites. All of you should go there as they want to see the drivers licenses (I don't think passports are required) for all adults and all adults need to sign in.

They will check you in at that time and give you a receipt that you need to bring to the Atlantis for wristbands. They will not give you a room or a key but will tell you that it will be ready about 4 (big help that is).
You then walk over to the Atlantis, it isn't far, maybe 5 minutes by cutting through the hotel. Once you get the wristbands, you are free to do everything at the Atlantis, including the aquarium (the dig) and waterpark.
At the end of the day, just hop in a cab back to the ship. No need to go back to the Comfort Suites.

Overall it is pretty easy and given the savings is well worth the couple of extra steps.
Jeff.

Jeff, Thanks so much for the info. This sounds great (and saves alot of money). I booked the Comfort Suites. Not sure how many is in your family but if there is enough room and you want to share the cab ride with us, let me know.
Ellen (mikesmom88)

DVC Member since 1999

2014 - Disney Wonder; 2013 - BWV, VB Beach Cottage; 2012 - OKW, Disney Dream; 2010 - VB; 2009 - Carribbean Beach: 2008 - Poly, BWV, Disney Wonder, OKW; 2007 - SSR, Port Orleans; 2006 - VB, SSR; 2005 - OKW, HH, Polynesian, OKW; 2004 - HH, BCV, VB, Disney Magic; 2003 - HH, GF, OKW, VB; 2002 - Disney Magic, Contemporary; 2001 - BWV, VB; 2000 - OKW, Polynesian, BWV; 1999 - BC, VB

mikesmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #64
mikesmom88
DIS Veteran

We are 8 adults (or should I say 2 adults and 6 kids over 18) and would love to be added to the Fish Extender list:

Cabin 8680 - 2 adults; Ellen & Mike (we are celebrating Mike's 50th birthday)

Cabin 8681 - 3 boys; Mike (24), Vince (24), Justin (20)

Cabin 8679 - 3 girls; Alex (20), Lydia (19), Joy (24)

My "big" kids are very excited about delivering their gifts!

DVC Member since 1999

2014 - Disney Wonder; 2013 - BWV, VB Beach Cottage; 2012 - OKW, Disney Dream; 2010 - VB; 2009 - Carribbean Beach: 2008 - Poly, BWV, Disney Wonder, OKW; 2007 - SSR, Port Orleans; 2006 - VB, SSR; 2005 - OKW, HH, Polynesian, OKW; 2004 - HH, BCV, VB, Disney Magic; 2003 - HH, GF, OKW, VB; 2002 - Disney Magic, Contemporary; 2001 - BWV, VB; 2000 - OKW, Polynesian, BWV; 1999 - BC, VB

mikesmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #65
gortman65

mikesmom88, thanks for joining the FE group!

Here is the current list:

Disboards ID; Stateroom #; Occupants

allison63; 9176; 3 adults, 1 kid - 4 (boy)

allison63; 9174; 1 adult, 1 kid - 6 (girl)

Bethanee; 9078; 2 adults, 3 kids - 9 (boy), 7 (boy), 22 mo (boy)

gortman65; 6B GTY; 2 adults, 2 kids - 6 (girl), 10 mo (girl)

Linden Lady; 10660; 2 adults, 2 kids - 10 (boy), 8 (boy)

mikesmom88; 8680; 2 adults

mikesmom88; 8681; 3 adults

mikesmom88; 8679; 3 adults

MomPotz; 7550; 2 adults, 2 kids - 11 (girl), 8 (boy)

nkochrn; 8143; 2 adults, 2 kids - 5 (girl), 3 (boy)

pamhlp; 6576; 3 adults, 1 kid - 11 (girl)

Old 10-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #66
mazz1
Mouseketeer

just checking in to say Hello

we're booked onto this cruise too, we are Marie & Roger and our children who are older teenagers Jo and James and we are from the UK

this will be our 2nd time on the dream and our 6th disney cruise in total

and i have to say for those who haven't been on the dream before the ship is aptly named, it is a dream and so pretty

this cruise is towards the end of our florida holiday and is a birthday treat for me

not sure i can cope with the logistics of a FE for this trip but if you do happen to find any treatsize english candy in those extenders it'll probably be from us
mazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #67
gortman65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazz1 View Post
just checking in to say Hello

we're booked onto this cruise too, we are Marie & Roger and our children who are older teenagers Jo and James and we are from the UK

this will be our 2nd time on the dream and our 6th disney cruise in total

and i have to say for those who haven't been on the dream before the ship is aptly named, it is a dream and so pretty

this cruise is towards the end of our florida holiday and is a birthday treat for me

not sure i can cope with the logistics of a FE for this trip but if you do happen to find any treatsize english candy in those extenders it'll probably be from us
Glad you will be onboard! Welcome!

This will be our first cruise on the Dream so it's nice to hear good things about the ship.

Enjoy your vacation anticipation!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #68
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

what does everyone think about a Facebook page for our Dis meet group??? I really think it would make being able to put faces to names a lot easier. I'd be happy to set it up and make it private also.

I've been reading the thread posted about it and sounds like the biggest problem people seem to have with it is that people that don't do facebook don't see it. I would be glad to manage the group and keep the dis meet thread updated also. I am also a big fan of the shutterfly share sites and have a few that I keep updated for my family (makes sharing pics VERY easy) if anyone is interested in that option. The share site can be made private and has a lot of options, if people don't want to join fb then setting up a shutterfly account may be a better option

Let me know what you all think!
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #69
allison63
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
what does everyone think about a Facebook page for our Dis meet group??? I really think it would make being able to put faces to names a lot easier. I'd be happy to set it up and make it private also.

I've been reading the thread posted about it and sounds like the biggest problem people seem to have with it is that people that don't do facebook don't see it. I would be glad to manage the group and keep the dis meet thread updated also. I am also a big fan of the shutterfly share sites and have a few that I keep updated for my family (makes sharing pics VERY easy) if anyone is interested in that option. The share site can be made private and has a lot of options, if people don't want to join fb then setting up a shutterfly account may be a better option

Let me know what you all think!
I'm a Facebook user....I would love to join a Facebook group for this cruise and keep in contact with those who don't use FB as well.
allison63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #70
gortman65

nkochrn,

Sounds like a fine idea to me!

Old 10-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #71
allison63
Earning My Ears

yeah, I keep wanting to press "like" when I read new comments lol! You can find me @ Allison McCudden Baumung (hope thats okay to put on here )
allison63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #72
pamhlp
Mickey&Me

I think Facebook is a great idea!

We would like to personalize some of our FE gifts-do you think we can add names to the list?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #73
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison63 View Post
yeah, I keep wanting to press "like" when I read new comments lol! You can find me @ Allison McCudden Baumung (hope thats okay to put on here )
LOL! ME too! I am on a nursing forum which has the option to like each post in a thread. I'll set up the group tonight when I get home from work
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #74
gortman65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamhlp View Post
I think Facebook is a great idea!

We would like to personalize some of our FE gifts-do you think we can add names to the list?
Unless there are privacy concerns, I can do that. Alternatively, we could include the names only on the private Facebook page if folks would feel more comfortable with that.

Just let me know your preferences on this subject.

Thanks!

Last edited by gortman65; 10-11-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #75
gortman65

By the way, has anyone been lucky enough to complete online registration for our cruise? I'm patiently waiting for next week Monday for our turn.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: