Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #31
jnsma
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Now that summer and summer vacations are over, it is time to start planning for the cruise. We booked it back in Feb, so we've booked a few things along the way, but time to kick it up. Next month we'll hit the 90 day mark where I can start booking excursions/Palo/boarding time/etc...

We are flying in the day before and (most likely) staying at the Nick hotel. It is rather loud and in-your-face, but the kids love it. For one night it is kind of fun and the pool is really warm. On Sunday, we'll have breakfast with Spongebob then lunch with Mickey.

I also booked a room at the comfort suites so we can go to the Atlantis slides the day in Nassau. We've done this the last couple of cruises but my son has been too afraid to ride the slides. Something clicked this summer for him and his swimming. For summer vacation we went to Williamsburg VA and he went on the 70foot drop slide (straight down). It was pretty amazing to see him at the top as he is very small for 8 years old. Now he'll be keeping up with his twin sister who loves the Atlantis.

After the cruise we are going back to WDW for 4 nights, staying at the Beach Club.
The main thing I'd like to do is to get a rough idea which parks everyone wants to hit and try and make dining reservations. Given it is MLK weekend, I suspect it will get a little crowded that weekend.
Not much other cruise planning can be done until the 90 day mark.....
jnsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #32
jnsma
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

If anyone is considering spending the day at the Atlantis while in Nassau, you may want to check the rates at the Comfort Suites. I just rebooked it for $159. With their crazy fees it was $225, but that is still much cheaper than a room at the Atlantis or DCL excursion fees for a family of 4. It isn't even a pre-pay rate and can be cancelled up to 1/9/13.
Just thought I'd pass it along.
Jeff.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #33
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Thanks! And cool about the Marathon and staying at AoA. Fast approaching... Yikes...
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
ddixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #34
DisneyFamilyWI
Earning My Ears

Booked our first Disney Dream Cruise or first cruise ever for that matter. We are flying in January 11th because with it being winter I don't want to literally miss the boat. We are taking our 3 year old with us who will be turning 4 in March. I was going to keep it a surprise, but I'm not good at that and I think he is too young to understand. Any suggestions on good hotels before hand, cheapest transportation, etc. ANY suggestions would be a great help!!
DisneyFamilyWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #35
first timers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanNRileysMom View Post
Just booked DH is running in the Disney Marathon that weekend so we decided it would be the perfect time for a relaxing cruise. He's doing the Goofy Challenge so he is going to be exhausted by the time we board from doing 13.1 miles on Saturday and 26.2 on Sunday. I bet I will be driving to the port LOL
We are considering booking this cruise as we are doing the Disney marathon in January. We have done the Goofy challenge several times, but Carolyn (DW) says the time for training is too much to prepare for the Goofy, so we are just doing the Marathon this year. This past Disney marathon weekend we were only half Goofy, the half marathon on Sat. and the marathon relay Sun. (Carolyn did the first half, I did the second half. I was hoping to see a Florida resident rate or military rate for January. Alex
05/14/05 1st Panama Canal Cruise 05/28/05 1st West Coast Cruise
09/07/2006 1st 10-day Wonder Cruise 09/17/2006 1st 11-day Wonder Cruise
05/12/2007 1st Transatlantic Cruise 05/26/07 1st Mediteranen Cruise
06/05/10 1st Bacelona to Dover Cruise 06/12/10 1st Baltic Cruise
02/06/11 Maiden Voyage Dream 04/27/11 1st LA to Vancouver Cruise05/3/11 1st Alaska Cruise
first timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #36
ohiogirlygirl1175
Earning My Ears

We booked our flights last month. Airtran was running a great deal. We are arriving in Orlando Sat the 12th. We have family running in the marathon that weekend so we might just get a room in the area there. If not we will drive over to cocoa beach and get a room for the night.

With this being our first cruise we can't start booking things untill Oct 30th.
Not sure what we are doing yet. We have a 2 1/2 yr old girl that hopefully will be potty trained by then so we can try to get her into the club with her brother that is 51/2. Otherwise she will have to go to the nursery. She is very mature and smart for her age and speaks very well, just having some problems with the potty training. I would like to atleast do brunch at Palo and maybe some Spa time. Other than that just relaxing and enjoying everything and taking it all in. This will be our first cruise ever!
ohiogirlygirl1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #37
allison63
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!
We've been booked since November...just found this thread! So excited! This will be our second time on the Dream (last time was May 2011) My husband, myself, our two sons and two grandkids (granddaughter is 6 and grandson is 4) My sister and her family will be joining us too (they also have a 6 year old granddaughter and a 4 yr old grandson coming) Post cruise we're staying at the Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa for two nights (we want to take in SeaWorld and of course, the girls want to go to Bippity Boppity Boutique in Downtown Disney lol!) Looking forward to chatting with everyone...only 121 days left!
allison63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #38
jnsma
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirlygirl1175 View Post
Not sure what we are doing yet. We have a 2 1/2 yr old girl that hopefully will be potty trained by then so we can try to get her into the club with her brother that is 51/2. Otherwise she will have to go to the nursery. She is very mature and smart for her age and speaks very well, just having some problems with the potty training.
1 other reason to push the potty training (if that is possible) is that she will not be allowed to go in the pools with a swim diaper on. The splash area, Nemo's Reef, on the Dream is pretty cool but she may still miss not being able to go in the pool.

We were in the same situation on our first cruise and our kids weren't fully trained. We were on the Wonder and they were really disappointed that they couldn't go in the Mickey pool.
Good Luck! Jeff.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #39
KTMB
Earning My Ears

We will be there!

I just paid our deposit on our Jan. 13 4-night Bahamas cruise on the Dream. We can't wait! It will be DH, DD (8y), DS (6y), and me. We've shown the kids the DVD but didn't tell them we were definitely booking. I have a feeling DH won't be able to keep it a secret. He's a big kid sometimes!

We go to WDW every year, but this is our first DCL cruise. DH and I did two RCL cruises pre-kids. Now I'm looking to find out the most economical transfers.

It will be here before we know it! Happy planning!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #40
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Hi everyone! Today we changed our cruise to the same one you are all on. My family and I are excited to be cruising with you!

This will be our third Disney cruise, but our last one was four long years ago.

We don't know our room number yet (currently have a cat 6B GTY) but would love to be part of a FE group. If nobody minds, I would be happy to compile a FE list for our cruise.

Just post 1) cabin number and 2) number of occupants (please include children's ages at time of cruise) and I will keep track of everyone who wants to participate.

Here is our info:
Cabin Number:
unknown (6B GTY)
Occupants:
Me
DW
DD (nearly 7)
DD (10 months)

Thanks, and I hope everyone has a great day!!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #41
Bethanee
Earning My Ears

Welcome..and thanks for compiling the FE list!

Here is my family's info:

Cabin #9078
5 people
Me
Dh
DS9
DS7
DS 22 months

I'm so excited for our cruise! It will be here before we know it.

Bethanee
Bethanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #42
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Thanks for taking charge of the FE list

Stateroom #8143
4 occupants
DH
Me
DD-age 5
DS-age 3

I plan to get my FE made soon!
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #43
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Below is the initial FE list. Please let me know if you see any errors or if your information changes.

January 13, 2013 Disney Dream

Disboards ID; Stateroom #; Occupants

Bethanee; 9078; 2 adults, 3 kids - 9 (boy), 7 (boy), 22 mo (boy)

nkochrn; 8143; 2 adults, 2 kids - 5 (girl), 3 (boy)

gortman65; 6B GTY; 2 adults, 2 kids - 6 (girl), 10 mo (girl)

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #44
Erica1016
Earning My Ears

We just booked! It's my first cruise and DH's first Disney cruise. We'll be doing the Disney Half Marathon the day before. DH promised me two years ago that if I could train and work up to the race, we'd do the cruise. It's been a long haul, but will be SOOOO worth it.

Nice to meet everyone!
Erica1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #45
allison63
Earning My Ears

I'm new to this...what is an FE List?

We are on deck 9
# 9176
me (49)
Hubby (50)
Son (25)
Grandson (4)

son (29)
Granddaughter (6)

Hope this helps, looking forward to meeting everybody

Last edited by allison63; 09-29-2012 at 09:01 PM.
allison63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: