Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #946
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Oh wow! Your Katie is just BEAUTIFUL! You are going to have your hands full as she gets older! Seriously, she is stunning!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 05-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #947
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Oh wow! Your Katie is just BEAUTIFUL! You are going to have your hands full as she gets older! Seriously, she is stunning!
Thank you! And yeah..... we'll definitely have our hands full. Thankfully the brothers are happy to keep her grounded!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #948
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Alright, I'm caught up again. I'll attempt to say the same thing differently this time. De superbes photos et des robes magnifiques, comme toujours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Merci. J'apprécie les mots gentils comme toujours.
Quote:
Bien sur!
oooh! On commence le francais maintenant! Je participe aussi! Oui, des belles photos! Je suis un petit peu jalouse de ton talent.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 05-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #949
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
oooh! On commence le francais maintenant! Je participe aussi! Oui, des belles photos! Je suis un petit peu jalouse de ton talent.
Mille mercis!

Vous avez un grand appareil de photo et prendrez de grandes photos bientôt aussi.

Cela mieux pas dure longtemps. Mon français de collège était 20 il y a quelques années.....
Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #950
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Love the grad photo's of Katie - she looks so grown up. Her dresses are so pretty, she must be the envy of all her classmates! When are the ticket prices going to go up?, I haven't checked that in a while. Glad I already have mine for the end of August.
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #951
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Quote:
Mille mercis!

Vous avez un grand appareil de photo et prendrez de grandes photos bientôt aussi.

Cela mieux pas dure longtemps. Mon français de collège était 20 il y a quelques années.....
Holy cow, what did I start? I had two years of HS French, so I got most of that but not all. I actually used Google Translate for my original statement--I'm ashamed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Love the grad photo's of Katie - she looks so grown up. Her dresses are so pretty, she must be the envy of all her classmates! When are the ticket prices going to go up?, I haven't checked that in a while. Glad I already have mine for the end of August.
No one knows, but the DL increase that just happened has everyone talking.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #952
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Oh my...she looks so grown up.....that can't be...she is still so little.
I often say things to Claire about being the baby and she quickly informs me that she is no baby....but she will always be my baby.

Stop talking french...I know nothing....
Old 05-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #953
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Katie did enjoy dress shopping. I made her so many dresses growing up that for her it's a rare treat to go to the store and buy one. I really intended to get one dress for both the dance and graduation. But she LOVED that pink dress and had to have it. But I just wasn't sold on it for gratuation. So voila....... 2 dresses and we're both happy! I hope she doesn't use that tactic against me too often in years to come.......

Looks like Mesaboy answered the ticket question for you. Keep in mind tickets went up in June last year, and I just don't see them going more than 12 months. So I better get busy.....

Quote:
Holy cow, what did I start? I had two years of HS French, so I got most of that but not all. I actually used Google Translate for my original statement--I'm ashamed now.

No one knows, but the DL increase that just happened has everyone talking.
LOL! I totally cheated and used an online translater too! But I had had a feel for what I was doing. I did take French into college. It was just a really long time ago.......

Timmy was doing a project for Spanish class a couple weeks ago and he kept consulting his phone for the right word and pronunciation. I just can't get over the impact of technology on the educational experience. When I was in college our only resource was the language lab. Not exactly helpful late at night studying for a test.

But then when I was in college, computer work involved a pile of punch cards and something called Fortran 4.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh my...she looks so grown up.....that can't be...she is still so little.
I often say things to Claire about being the baby and she quickly informs me that she is no baby....but she will always be my baby.

Stop talking french...I know nothing....
Je suis sûr que vous savez plus de tha vous pensez.

And as for Katie ............ Sigh.

She's READY for Middle School. And I'm ready or her to be in Middle School and have more challenges. But I'm not ready for her NOT to be in Grade School. Does that make ANY sense?
Old 05-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #954
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Thanks Mike.

You bracing yourself for next year? We're just along for the ride you know.........
Along for the ride is a perfect analogy. Really can't understand that she is going off to College in a year's time. When exactly did I get old?

Really enjoying the trip report. I like how you mix in "home life" with your vacation celebration.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 05-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #955
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Along for the ride is a perfect analogy. Really can't understand that she is going off to College in a year's time. When exactly did I get old?

Really enjoying the trip report. I like how you mix in "home life" with your vacation celebration.
I keep saying on my head "STOP THIS RIDE! I WANT OFF!!!!". But alas...... we all know that's not happening. I'm sort of panicking at the thought of Timmy going off to college. I continue to encourage him to do so, but then I quietly panic at the very thought. I guess we'll get our first taste in a month when he goes to UCM for a week for Boys' State.

Thanks for the kind words. It really is nice to chat about family thing too and find others going through the same things.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #956
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Janet, you've done it again! The Mary dress is just amazing. Kadence and I just went through all the pictures twice.

What a wonderful M&G with Mary P. I think some of the most striking photo's so far. I really like the hats down one!

Too bad about the Fairy Godmother, hopefully you will catch her again. The Tremaine's were fun to see, Kadence thinks they were funny. She wishes to see them again.

Katie is beautiful. Both dresses look made for her, and her bangs have grown out nicely! Kadence noticed that btw, as her bangs are that long now as well. I need to get a current pic up. Maybe I'll have her model some of her news clothes that she has no idea are for Disney!

The grad photos are so adorable! The pre-school one is so sweet. I wish Kadence would have gotten to wear a cap on her 4k grad, the school was changing locations and didn't bother that year

The only french I know..... wee wee!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 05-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #957
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's funny because I'm so nervous speaking French with some people (even colleagues I work with every day) yet with others, no way, no biggie! And now using it on the Disboards.... weird!

Quote:
LOL! I totally cheated and used an online translater too! But I had had a feel for what I was doing. I did take French into college. It was just a really long time ago.......

Timmy was doing a project for Spanish class a couple weeks ago and he kept consulting his phone for the right word and pronunciation. I just can't get over the impact of technology on the educational experience. When I was in college our only resource was the language lab. Not exactly helpful late at night studying for a test.

Je suis sûr que vous savez plus de tha vous pensez.
That last little sentence looks a little Google Translatorish! My nephew has all kinds of apps on his iPod for learning Japanese. I think it would be a little easier now to learn a language then when I learned French... Even DVDs can usually be put on in another language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Love it!

Back to our regularly scheduled program:

Thanks for sharing this TR, I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 05-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #958
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Janet, you've done it again! The Mary dress is just amazing. Kadence and I just went through all the pictures twice.

What a wonderful M&G with Mary P. I think some of the most striking photo's so far. I really like the hats down one!

Too bad about the Fairy Godmother, hopefully you will catch her again. The Tremaine's were fun to see, Kadence thinks they were funny. She wishes to see them again.

Katie is beautiful. Both dresses look made for her, and her bangs have grown out nicely! Kadence noticed that btw, as her bangs are that long now as well. I need to get a current pic up. Maybe I'll have her model some of her news clothes that she has no idea are for Disney!

The grad photos are so adorable! The pre-school one is so sweet. I wish Kadence would have gotten to wear a cap on her 4k grad, the school was changing locations and didn't bother that year

Thanks Carey!

And really....... you're naughty. Making that girl model her new Disney clothes! You really have gone to the dark side!

It's absolutely brilliant though!

Katie thanks Kadence for the comment on the bangs. She's quite taken with her bangs and threw her arms up in victory when I relayed the message!

And LOL on the French. Where to start.... where to start. Don't give up English, ok???

Quote:
It's funny because I'm so nervous speaking French with some people (even colleagues I work with every day) yet with others, no way, no biggie! And now using it on the Disboards.... weird!

That last little sentence looks a little Google Translatorish! My nephew has all kinds of apps on his iPod for learning Japanese. I think it would be a little easier now to learn a language then when I learned French... Even DVDs can usually be put on in another language.

Love it!

Back to our regularly scheduled program:

Thanks for sharing this TR, I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Oh yeah, it was totally computer translated. Maybe not google, but close enough!

If I read something in French, I can usually keep up and know what's going on. But putting complete sentences together from scratch any more...... yeah, I need some help with that!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #959
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Nannye! And I'd love to see your Mary costume when you get a chance!

I bet you can find some fun with the steps this time. The kids really sort of need to grow into that.
Oh I'll post a pic in my TR, but probably not till after July, I want the first one to be when she is wearing it. it suddenly occurred to me yesterday that I have no idea how I am going to pack the hat? it has to go in a suitcase and it's just going to get squished I guess. All her outfits are going in my Carry On. The airline can loose my luggage I don't care, i'll buy new ones, but loose the costumes and I'll have a heart attack! The hat may have to go in my checked suitcase tho.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 05-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #960
nannye
DIS Veteran

My goodness Katie's pics are just gorgeous! A question for you, what fabric might you recommend for the boot covers for Mary?

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Last edited by nannye; 05-24-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: