Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #916
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Katie's outfit is so cute - the little Pascal on her pants is adorable.
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #917
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

12/15 Continued:

I've done Mary Poppins a number of times. I don't think we've taken a trip yet without a Mary Poppins costume along. But almost always the same style. This time I decided to get creative and do a holiday version....... Katie loved it, and was game to do anything as long as she got to dig out our Polly Parrot parasol once again!

IMG_7321 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7323 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7328 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7331 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

A few minutes later, the lady of the hour showed up.......

IMG_7332 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7334 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7338 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7341 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7343 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7345 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7347 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7348 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7351 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7355 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7360 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Soon we said our good-byes and headed up Main Street. I saw this ADORABLE display in a window and couldn't resist grabbing a shot before heading on....... I have the tea cup but think I might have to spring for the teapot next time........

IMG_7363 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Then on up Main Street taking some more photos as we went along......

IMG_7369 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7372 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7374 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Katie loved these little guys and took this picture herself:

IMG_7384 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7387 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Is there a better sight on a gorgeous December morning?????????

We were hoping for one more meeting before changing and running off to play. Word had it the "real" fairy godmother would be back out on this day. Last trip we were able to see her a number of times. We had seen her once earlier in the week, but this was our only other chance for this trip.

I found the new Kenny the Pirate website right before leaving. He lists specific times for characters at the parks. He listed Mary at 8:20 on EMH days, and she was right on time. Not surprising though. She IS Mary Poppins.

We got to the castle around 8:45 before the 9AM regular park opening and got some awesome photos with hardly a soul in the background. Our timing was perfect.

IMG_7393 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7404 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7398 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7400 by mom2rtk, on Flickr
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #918
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

WOW Janet - Katie's Mary Poppins dress is amazing! I love the material and it looks like you had a beautiful day.
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 05-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #919
nannye
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous!!!!!!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 05-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #920
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

I *thought* it might be Mary! Love the holiday version! And you got some great pictures.

5th grade graduation is next week - if I use the T2i on auto, I will be OK - too scared to try anything else that night and miss a shot! Can't wait to have more time to play with it!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #921
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Katie's outfit is so cute - the little Pascal on her pants is adorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
WOW Janet - Katie's Mary Poppins dress is amazing! I love the material and it looks like you had a beautiful day.
Thanks Glennie! I had seen a white organza with poinsettia for Christmas in 2010 and had hoped to find that, but it never surfaced again. but I really liked this one. It had a lot more red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Gorgeous!!!!!!
Thanks Nannye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAtLast View Post
I *thought* it might be Mary! Love the holiday version! And you got some great pictures.

5th grade graduation is next week - if I use the T2i on auto, I will be OK - too scared to try anything else that night and miss a shot! Can't wait to have more time to play with it!
I'm sure you'll be fine on auto. School is out for us on Monday. Tonight is the 5th grade dance. Just waiting on the hot curlers to do their work right now.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #922
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
School is out for us on Monday. Tonight is the 5th grade dance. Just waiting on the hot curlers to do their work right now.
Have a wonderful summer! Teachers are done here on June 30th. I guess that would be the 29th this year. Students go until the 27th at the elementary level. When do you go back? My students think it is summer already, and we've still got more than a month to go! eek!

Beautiful pictures and costumes again. I went with my sister to a sewing shop the other day and I bought a Snow White and a Cinderella pattern (that's all we found) and she'll make me whichever one is easier! It will be my Halloween costume forever!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 05-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #923
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

That dress is absolutely stunning! I am so jealous of Katie! And you of your skills.

I'm gonna have to remember to look for that character site.

I know what you mean about being busy...I have been on the go so much lately. A lot of it is house sitting at Moms for painters and carpet layers to come. I bring my laptop and try to catch up on Dis if I can...but as for doing my own updates or editing pictures.....I can't, as all the info is on the desktop.

I am being brave tonight and let Claire had 2 girls come spend the night...I sure hope they sleep...it's been a long day. They are all in the tub now...who knew 3 girls in the tub would be such a loud event.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #924
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Have a wonderful summer! Teachers are done here on June 30th. I guess that would be the 29th this year. Students go until the 27th at the elementary level. When do you go back? My students think it is summer already, and we've still got more than a month to go! eek!

Beautiful pictures and costumes again. I went with my sister to a sewing shop the other day and I bought a Snow White and a Cinderella pattern (that's all we found) and she'll make me whichever one is easier! It will be my Halloween costume forever!
Wow! A whole month left.

Don't tell me "I told you so" in a week when I'm complaining....... but I'm ready for summer. I'm tired of all the school related running.

But our first day back is 8/15. I'm sure we all go the same number of days, so I'm sure you'll be off later into the summer.

There really isn't a good pattern in the books for Sleeping Beauty or Ariel for adults. Will you wear your costume around trick or treating? Or do you go to costume parties? Or maybe a Halloween trip to Disney??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That dress is absolutely stunning! I am so jealous of Katie! And you of your skills.

I'm gonna have to remember to look for that character site.

I know what you mean about being busy...I have been on the go so much lately. A lot of it is house sitting at Moms for painters and carpet layers to come. I bring my laptop and try to catch up on Dis if I can...but as for doing my own updates or editing pictures.....I can't, as all the info is on the desktop.

I am being brave tonight and let Claire had 2 girls come spend the night...I sure hope they sleep...it's been a long day. They are all in the tub now...who knew 3 girls in the tub would be such a loud event.
Thanks Jen!

2 friends over for an overnight? You're FAR braver than I am! I let Katie have 3 friends over for a birthday sleepover last September..... and I'm not sure I'll ever do that again! I'm just too old for all that DRAMA!

Maybe life can slow down for both of us soon???????? PLEEASE???????
Old 05-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #925
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Wow! A whole month left.

Don't tell me "I told you so" in a week when I'm complaining....... but I'm ready for summer. I'm tired of all the school related running.

But our first day back is 8/15. I'm sure we all go the same number of days, so I'm sure you'll be off later into the summer.

There really isn't a good pattern in the books for Sleeping Beauty or Ariel for adults. Will you wear your costume around trick or treating? Or do you go to costume parties? Or maybe a Halloween trip to Disney??????
Oh I won't say I told you so, although it usually takes me more than a week to complain.... more like 8 days! This time I plan on doing a lot of school work to prep for next year. We'll see.

Our first day back isn't until Labour Day (1st Monday in September here, I think it's the same in the US?)

Oh I'll just wear my costume to school and at night handing out treats! I haven't been to a costume party, but if I had a good Disney costume, I'd wear it to one. I just want to feel Disneyish every once in a while and might wear the costume if I feel like it!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #926
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

12/15 Continued:

The schedule showed the Fairy Godmother appearing at 9 AM then again at 9:45. So we headed back around the castle to wait for her.

IMG_7411 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Katie got a kick out of showing me what was under her fancy dress.........

IMG_7413 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We hung out waiting by the Cinderella fountain.

IMG_7418 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

But no 9 AM Fairy Godmother. Then theTremaines came out at 9:45 and we played with them a bit. That's always fun. They got a kick out of Katie's Polly parasol. Katie likes Polly too, so I'm pretty sure they weren't getting it from her. It's her favorite part of the costume.

IMG_7423 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7429 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7431 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7432 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7436 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7438 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7439 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7437 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7440 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7441 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We really hadn't set out to meet the Tremaines again. But honestly, it was a ball and I'm glad we did. Those gals sure knew how to pose. I'm pretty quick at the trigger with my camera. Heck, half the time I use burst mode and shoot shot after shot. It was hysterical to see how fast they could jump from one "pose" to another. And I was more than happy to keep snapping away. Heck I use a 32 GB class 10 card. I could have kept it up all day!

When the Fairy Godmother still didn't come out at 9:45, we asked around and found out she would not be out that day. I assume she will sick. I guess even those with magic wands can catch the sniffles.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #927
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Oh I won't say I told you so, although it usually takes me more than a week to complain.... more like 8 days! This time I plan on doing a lot of school work to prep for next year. We'll see.

Our first day back isn't until Labour Day (1st Monday in September here, I think it's the same in the US?)

Oh I'll just wear my costume to school and at night handing out treats! I haven't been to a costume party, but if I had a good Disney costume, I'd wear it to one. I just want to feel Disneyish every once in a while and might wear the costume if I feel like it!
I keep forgetting you're in Canada! But yes, Labor Day here is also the first Monday in September.

I've worn my costume for handing out trick or treat candy too. We get TONS of trick or treaters every year, usually between 200 and 300. It's alway lots of fun to see which of the kids from Katie's school make it by.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #929
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Those step sisters are hysterical.. I lovethe nasty faces they make.
We have so many favorite stepsisters I can't keep them all straight any more!

More stepsister fun to come later in the day!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #930
jc040404
DIS Veteran

My guess was wrong! I actually thought you'd be doing Rapunzel's instead. Have you? I've loved all your dresses, but I might've missed it. Katie looks adorable as Mary Poppins! Loved how the step sisters played with her parasol, too! They're always hilarious. Too bad about your fairy godmother though. I find myself thinking of the two of you every time I see her, in the parks or pics, now!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: