Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #901
jwgm2012
Mouseketeer

Just joining and I'm all caught up! Yay! I was scared though because I used the post index you made and it jumped from the B&B show to your meal at 50's cafe... I was sooo hoping you'd get to meet Gaston and looking through the posts, I saw you did!

What a great job on your daughter's dresses and even better that she's still such a great sport about wearing them! Don't know many young ladies that would... total princess!

Can't wait to finish reading the rest!

gina
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #902
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yayayyaa!!

I'm caught up now! And wow, quite the update, RnR, I MUST ride it the next trip, you guys certainly got your worth of it. I'm also super excited to try 50's PT, It's on my listt of ADRs for Sept, so fingers crossed it works out!

AHHHH AS IF you got the Gaston magic that you did, I'm super glad everything worked out for ya, and that certainly is a magical day!!
Thanks! It was a pretty awesome day! I'm just sad that we'll probably never get to replicate the RnR fun like that. Late fastpass really was the key to that working out.

I'm sure you'll LOVE 50's Prime Time. I'm glad we finally got to try it. Now to just figure how to talk them out of Sci fi this next time..... Hmmmm..... maybe I'll tell them it's closed for refurbishment?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm here! I got very behind.....I've been busy with clients...but a good busy. I'm slowly catching up with everyone and close to being caught up with everyone now!

Yes, I did make my ADRs. I still have 1 more to make as it went passed my 10plus days. It's via Napoli, so I'm not woried. I have BBB made, but now my sister told me her DD informed here it's a must to be done as well for her. I had planned ours after they left so it wouldn't upset the nieces. Now we may make them for the same time so they can enjoy the experience together.
It shouldn't mess my plans up too much and won't interfere with dining. It might with some swimming time though.

I am loving your updates. What an awesome meet with Gaston...though he's really not too handsome. I would love to just tag along with you and do everything. You know all the ins and outs for secret character meets.
I like how you take breaks too. I feel like I am wasting too much time going back and forth...but I am going to try to slow it down for this next trip.
I might have to try to get a little closer to B&B show and use the telephoto...if I bring it to the parks. It's just a pain to lug around. I'll have it with me, just how often I carry it all day will depend on my aching shoulders. I still haven't found that miracle bag for carrying things.
Don't you just love when you have a plan then someone comes along and messes it up? It'll be worth it though for her to get to go with someone else. I was really lucky to get the appt for the 2 girls together later in our trip since our friends didn't commit until pretty late in the game. But it made all the difference for us.

There really weren't any "ins and outs" of a special character meeting here. Although some of that will come later. Hint hint........ we did get to meet one other rare character we had missed on a prior trip........ but that's all I'm sayin!

But Gaston...... none of my doing at all. Complete pixie dust gift from another DIS member. I wish I could have posted a thread to thank them, but had to settle for a private thank you. I certainly didn't want to cause an avalanche of requests.

As for the afternoon breaks..... I still have mixed feelings. I HATE losing the park time. But after the first few days, even the energizer bunny needs a break. And there were a couple days on that trip that I hadn't slept well the night before. I really didn't mind taking a break from DHS since the Pop is so close. I DO mind taking breaks from the MK since it takes so long to get there and back. But some of those party days are just too long without the break.

Let me know if you come up with that "miracle bag" for carrying stuff. I love getting nice photos, but that requires extra lenses. And they add LOTS of extra weight to whatever bag I'm carryng. My telephoto lens is now available in a version with image stabilization. I was thinking of ditching mine in favor of the new version. But I just found out it's just over a pound heavier than the one I have. Wow. And my bag was already pretty heavy. Not sure I'm up to the task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Just joining and I'm all caught up! Yay! I was scared though because I used the post index you made and it jumped from the B&B show to your meal at 50's cafe... I was sooo hoping you'd get to meet Gaston and looking through the posts, I saw you did!

What a great job on your daughter's dresses and even better that she's still such a great sport about wearing them! Don't know many young ladies that would... total princess!

Can't wait to finish reading the rest!

gina
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I missed a chapter link. Sorry about that!

Thanks for the kind words on the costumes. Katie has certainly developed her own sense of style recently. But she also appreciates the extra bits of attention and interaction she has gotten with the gowns. I can totally see her getting involved in theater in high school.

And I almost forgot....... here's your official............

Last edited by mom2rtk; 05-11-2012 at 09:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #903
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Catching up again. Luvin all your updates and pics. The dresses are amazing.
I think that Flynn you got is the best one looks wise he looks most like Flynn.
How cool that you got to meet Gaston as well
Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #904
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Catching up again. Luvin all your updates and pics. The dresses are amazing.
I think that Flynn you got is the best one looks wise he looks most like Flynn.
How cool that you got to meet Gaston as well
Thanks Petals!

We really did have some awesome character meets on this trip. Gonna be really hard to top next time.

I wonder if Gaston could pull some strings and get us into the Be Our Guest restaurant when it opens!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #905
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Old 05-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #906
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Yay! A Gaston meeting! (FINALLY!)

I believe you get what you give and as much as YOU give, it was time for your luck to turn!

The pictures of the M&G gave me goosebumps!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #907
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I've decided to go American Girl. She will only ever get one doll. Her parents will NEVER buy her one. and she honestly probably wont get accessories unless I buy them so I figure it's worth the investment for the quality for one doll. I'm excited about it. I'm getting her the red curly haired doll with Blue eyes. (They don't have a doll with brown eyes! and the hair is such a match for V's, I sacrificed eye color.)

So excited you got to meet Gaston!!!!!! that is so awesome!!!
RNRC 6 times! ouch don't know if I could do that. mind you I haven't ridden it before. I don't think I will this year either V isnt tall enough I don't think. Too Bad.
I think you will be very happy with the AG doll! Both of my girls have one and my almost 11 year old is still very "into" them. Their dolls are well loved, but with a little water and help from me, their hair still looks almost new - I do not think the Target doll's hair holds up as well. We have AG and Target brand accessories - my 8 year old is not as careful with her things, so the Target accessories are perfect for her!

LOVE the Beauty and the Beast pictures and the Gaston meet was wonderful - cracks me up that he couldn't get his hair wet! And I rode RNRC for the first time last October - I really liked it! Much smoother than Space Mountain or BTMRR. And I will NOT ride TOT - once in 1995 for more than enough for me! The rest of my family loves it and I have become well acquainted with the chicken exit!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #908
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

You got some really great shots at BATB. But I really enjoyed the photos with Gaston too. So glad you got the special meet and greet. Loved Katie's Malificent outfit.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #909
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

So did you guys think I dropped off the face of the earth? I was hoping you just figured out it was late in the school year and we were just crazy busy with school stuff. We've had something going on every night this week, and most nights two things. I'm ready for this to be DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Happy belated Mother's Day right back at everyone! I had a great day starting with lunch out with the family, then a little scrapbooking time at home. It was really quite lovely. Somewhere in the course of the day I watched the 2 Mother's Day episodes of "The Middle" I keep on DVR. I love that show and especially love those episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Yay! A Gaston meeting! (FINALLY!)

I believe you get what you give and as much as YOU give, it was time for your luck to turn!

The pictures of the M&G gave me goosebumps!
Thanks Jenn! What a really sweet thing to say. Thank you! And yes, it was really awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAtLast View Post
I think you will be very happy with the AG doll! Both of my girls have one and my almost 11 year old is still very "into" them. Their dolls are well loved, but with a little water and help from me, their hair still looks almost new - I do not think the Target doll's hair holds up as well. We have AG and Target brand accessories - my 8 year old is not as careful with her things, so the Target accessories are perfect for her!

LOVE the Beauty and the Beast pictures and the Gaston meet was wonderful - cracks me up that he couldn't get his hair wet! And I rode RNRC for the first time last October - I really liked it! Much smoother than Space Mountain or BTMRR. And I will NOT ride TOT - once in 1995 for more than enough for me! The rest of my family loves it and I have become well acquainted with the chicken exit!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
I agree about the AG doll. Katie has spent a lot of time on Youtube watching vidoes of how to style her dolls' hair. It has been curled, braided, brushed, you name it. And it still looks great.

I've done ToT once on each of 2 trips. But both times I came off going..... hmmmm..... not sure I need to do that again. So when Katie didn't want to do it, I didn't feel the need to push the matter. Which is a shame, because I love the queue and I love the special effects on the ride BEFORE the drops. I just wish I could do all that, then have the ride stop and let me off before the drop sequence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
You got some really great shots at BATB. But I really enjoyed the photos with Gaston too. So glad you got the special meet and greet. Loved Katie's Malificent outfit.
Thanks Vanessa! I loved that villains set too. But I'm afraid that's about it for those. It was a great run though.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #910
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Thursday 12/15:

Is it possible we had left home a whole week earlier? Is it possible we still had a lot of fun to go?????

This was the day our friends were arriving. And Katie was thrilled to bits. It was EMH morning at the MK. Our plan was to play for a couple hours, then head for the Grand Floridian for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

IMG_7277 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7274 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7292 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Look at that platform....... there's the family smart enough to be there extra early on EMH morning. I'd still love to try for this again one day. It's just gonna have to be earlier in a trip than our 8th day. No way were we going to make it early enough for this perk. I'm just glad we were there to see the Welcome show.

IMG_7301 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7303 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7308 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

This day Katie put on another favorite set of mine from the trip. I LOVED the way this one turned out! Naenae did an awesome job on the Rapunzel applique and my friend Gretchen made the most adorable little Pascal.......

IMG_7312 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Once we got into the park Katie changed into what was my favorite costume of the entire trip........ Any guesses?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #911
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Once we got into the park Katie changed into what was my favorite costume of the entire trip........ Any guesses?
Can't wait to find out! Soo love all these outfits! The little Pascal is too cute in the last.

I'm way behind.. but WOW to meeting Gaston! How lucky are the two of you?? So glad things worked out this time. Loved the pics!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #912
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Thursday 12/15:

Is it possible we had left home a whole week earlier? Is it possible we still had a lot of fun to go?????

This was the day our friends were arriving. And Katie was thrilled to bits. It was EMH morning at the MK. Our plan was to play for a couple hours, then head for the Grand Floridian for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

IMG_7277 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7274 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7292 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Look at that platform....... there's the family smart enough to be there extra early on EMH morning. I'd still love to try for this again one day. It's just gonna have to be earlier in a trip than our 8th day. No way were we going to make it early enough for this perk. I'm just glad we were there to see the Welcome show.

IMG_7301 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7303 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7308 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

This day Katie put on another favorite set of mine from the trip. I LOVED the way this one turned out! Naenae did an awesome job on the Rapunzel applique and my friend Gretchen made the most adorable little Pascal.......

IMG_7312 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

ooooooohhhh oooohhhhh I know!!!!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Last edited by nannye; 05-17-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #913
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Can't wait to find out! Soo love all these outfits! The little Pascal is too cute in the last.

I'm way behind.. but WOW to meeting Gaston! How lucky are the two of you?? So glad things worked out this time. Loved the pics!
Thanks! I'll try to get an update posted in the morning so I don't leave you hanging too long. Katie's coming down in a minute so we can watch "Toddlers and Tiaras". Shhhhhh..... don't tell anyone we watch that trash. But it's like a traffic crash along the side of the highway....... I want to turn away....... but we....... just...... can't...........look.......... away............ And yes. We're very catty while we watch it. But about the moms, (usually) not the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
ooooooohhhh oooohhhhh
snippop yram

(yes that is code)

LOL! Shhhhhhh...... don't tell, ok?????
Old 05-18-2012, 05:34 AM   #914
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

I thought you were swamped with year end school stuff - as I have been - not much time to play with my new camera plus we have 5th grade graduation/celebration that I am helping chair. 8 more days

Love the Rapunzel outfit! Can't wait to hear about your favorite outfit!! I agree that T&T is like a wreck you can't look away from (as is Dance Moms) I have learned not to watch when there is a marathon - I always get sucked into just one more episode! And without turning this into a T&T thread - I could not believe that the new set of twins have their own tour bus and their mom spent $8000 on ONE dress! That $8000 would have been an awesome Disney trip!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #915
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAtLast View Post
I thought you were swamped with year end school stuff - as I have been - not much time to play with my new camera plus we have 5th grade graduation/celebration that I am helping chair. 8 more days

Love the Rapunzel outfit! Can't wait to hear about your favorite outfit!! I agree that T&T is like a wreck you can't look away from (as is Dance Moms) I have learned not to watch when there is a marathon - I always get sucked into just one more episode! And without turning this into a T&T thread - I could not believe that the new set of twins have their own tour bus and their mom spent $8000 on ONE dress! That $8000 would have been an awesome Disney trip!
Yep, definitely swamped. Wasn't sure I'd survive this week. We had th grade graduation Wednesday night and she has the 5th grade dance tonight. If I can get through Boys State Orientation and a piano recital tomorrow, I can take a breath and regroup. Thanks heaven!

And seriously...... that episode of T&T with the tour bus and $8K dress......... that's so stupid its not even fun to watch. Does that make senses? I like the goofy stuff, but that's just plain dumb.

Did you at least get to use your camera at graduation? I'll try to post some photos when I get a moment. Maybe next year? I also put Robbie's cap and gown on her for a few photos. We have plans for a fun scrapbook page in 7 years!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: