Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #856
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Don't leave us hanging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 05-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #857
joy13
DIS Veteran

I love Rockin' Rollercoaster! I would be happy riding it all day. I am excited to hear how your Beauty and the Beast show went.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Jen - that card was great!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #858
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Oh the suspence - I can hardly wait for your next update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Don't leave us hanging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
I love Rockin' Rollercoaster! I would be happy riding it all day. I am excited to hear how your Beauty and the Beast show went.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Jen - that card was great!
Sorry to leave everyone hanging. We just got back from my nephew's wedding. Man, I'm feeling old! Hopefully I can get the next update done before I have to leave in the morning.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. But after watching my nephew get married, I decided against any further birthdays.........
Old 05-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #859
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Sorry to leave everyone hanging. We just got back from my nephew's wedding. Man, I'm feeling old! Hopefully I can get the next update done before I have to leave in the morning.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. But after watching my nephew get married, I decided against any further birthdays.........
I'm 44 and have three great-nephews. Top that.

Looking forward to the next one, as always. But remember, Sunday's supposed to be a day of rest--sounds like you could use it!
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 05-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #860
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I'm 44 and have three great-nephews. Top that.

Looking forward to the next one, as always. But remember, Sunday's supposed to be a day of rest--sounds like you could use it!
OK. I'm 68 and have an 11 year old daughter. See? Modern scientific miracle.

Oh. You meant REAL age and not just the age I FEEL! Close enough.

Actually I have from 3:00 to 3:03 blocked out for rest tomorrow, so all is good.

Just kidding. It's not that bad tomorrow. I'm running Timmy out to Grandma's house to work on his Spanish final. He has to do a walking tour through a house in Spanish and I didn't feel like cleaning enough for him to do that here! Who knew the house could get so messy when we're never here!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #861
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

What! That's how you leave off! Good one, I love a good cliff hanger!

I just finished making my ADR's and I'm so hungry, and the pretzel rod talk isn't helping. I've already decided that Fudruckers is going to be part of my grocery shopping trip today. It should happen before or I may buy out the store!

Quote:

Actually I have from 3:00 to 3:03 blocked out for rest tomorrow, so all is good.
That long! I think I slept from 12:00 to 12:03 last night. Knowing I was making my adr's was almost as exciting as actually go to Disney!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 05-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #862
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
What! That's how you leave off! Good one, I love a good cliff hanger!

I just finished making my ADR's and I'm so hungry, and the pretzel rod talk isn't helping. I've already decided that Fudruckers is going to be part of my grocery shopping trip today. It should happen before or I may buy out the store!

That long! I think I slept from 12:00 to 12:03 last night. Knowing I was making my adr's was almost as exciting as actually go to Disney!
So did you get everything you wanted?

I need to put a list together soon for us. We're just over a month after you if I stick with the original plan and go the same week in December. I think I'm going to jump in with both feet and commit to that week very soon. I checked the school website and she would still have a solid week of school left after we get back. So I'm just gonna go with it I think.

I'll get an update posted today, but probably later. I have to leave in about 20 minutes for a while.

So I guess Jen had to make her ADR's too? Isn't she there the same time? Jen...... how are the ADR's coming?

I'm struggling a little with what I want to do this trip. I want to try some new things, but I don't want to NOT do the things we always do. Hmmmm..... gonna have to break the time/space continuum or some such thing.....
Old 05-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #863
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

124 Continued:

OK, I couldn't resist getting started before heading out today.

I hang out here on the DIS a lot. And I see a lot of people jumping on other people, I see people judging others, I see people being just downright rude and nasty. But after our last trip, my faith in the people of the DIS is fully restored.

When they announced the characters for MNSSHP last year and I saw Gaston would be there, I almost changed our October turned December trip BACK into an October trip! But with Timmy's cross country schedule, I really couldn't. So I hoped they might have him out for MVMCP building up interest in the Fantasyland expansion. But alas, the first party came and went.... and no Gaston.

One day I posted something in a thread about wishing they had more rare characters out in the parks. Someone asked who I was hoping to see. I said anyone different. Or maybe just Gaston. They posted back saying that could be arranged, and eventually PM'd me. They knew one of the stage managers at BATB and could possibly arrange a meeting. I gave them some dates and soon they confirmed back to check in at the podium 20 minutes before show time at the 11:30 show that day, and we'd be given VIP seating and a meeting with Gaston after the show. It really looked like this year was going to end SO much better!

Katie changed into her Belle gown and we headed for the theater.

[img]http://*****************************/7144955381_ecb489c2f3_z.jpg[/img]
IMG_6747 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6749 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Once we got to the podium, I gave them our names and.......... nothing. We weren't on the list. She asked if we were the (insert name here) family. And I said no. That must have been the group for the princess of the day. She asked why we were there and explained. She said she could seat us in the VIP area, but probably couldn't help with Gaston. Sigh. Really? She said they were doing some construction in the backstage area and weren't doing meet & greets right now. YIKES. Was it possible that after an entire year, that lightning could strike twice?????
Old 05-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #864
OllieDannyandMe
DIS Veteran

Oh, you're leaving us hanging again!

And just when I spent my whole morning catching up!

That's okay, though. Your trip report is so wonderful that it is well worth the agony of a little suspense.

Can't wait to see what happened!

I love your trip reports, Janet. I am so glad Eve and I got to meet you a few years ago at the tea party for Alice in the Grand Floridian. Eve has told me that is the most important repeat for our trip this August.

Since we have AP's this year, I am thinking about a December trip, too. It would be wonderful to say hello again. Can you believe Eve will be 8 years old in less than a month? She was only 4 when we went to the tea party in December 2008.

I am going to try to do one or two gowns for our trips this year, before she is too old for dressing up. She has already outgrown her Sleeping Beauty dress (2008) and Jasmine and Snow White dresses (2010). We are thinking about Belle for 2012 or maybe a pink Cinderella gown. It's so hard to decide, but reading your trip reports always gives us great ideas!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #865
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

I really hope that you and Katie got to meet Gaston! I can't imagine that after they saw Katie in her Belle gown that they could say no to her. Her dress is absolutely stunning and she looks beautiful in it.
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 05-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #866
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
124 Continued:

Once we got to the podium, I gave them our names and.......... nothing. We weren't on the list. She asked if we were the (insert name here) family. And I said no. That must have been the group for the princess of the day. She asked why we were there and explained. She said she could seat us in the VIP area, but probably couldn't help with Gaston. Sigh. Really? She said they were doing some construction in the backstage area and weren't doing meet & greets right now. YIKES. Was it possible that after an entire year, that lightning could strike twice?????
i'm really hoping for a happy ending. we had something similar happen to our 1900 reservation on our trip. it was set up by a cast member. but when we arrived, we weren't on the list. thankfully, they got us in. i hope your story's ending is similar!!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
Old 05-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #867
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Really .....again.......

ADR's went well! I did pick a couple things we've not done so that will be fun to do.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 05-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #868
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Oh that is just cruel.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #869
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieDannyandMe View Post
And just when I spent my whole morning catching up!

That's okay, though. Your trip report is so wonderful that it is well worth the agony of a little suspense.

Can't wait to see what happened!

I love your trip reports, Janet. I am so glad Eve and I got to meet you a few years ago at the tea party for Alice in the Grand Floridian. Eve has told me that is the most important repeat for our trip this August.

Since we have AP's this year, I am thinking about a December trip, too. It would be wonderful to say hello again. Can you believe Eve will be 8 years old in less than a month? She was only 4 when we went to the tea party in December 2008.

I am going to try to do one or two gowns for our trips this year, before she is too old for dressing up. She has already outgrown her Sleeping Beauty dress (2008) and Jasmine and Snow White dresses (2010). We are thinking about Belle for 2012 or maybe a pink Cinderella gown. It's so hard to decide, but reading your trip reports always gives us great ideas!
Thanks Amy! I really can't believe Evie is going to be 8. That's just so wrong!

And I don't blame you one bit for considering another trip on your AP's. I'd be doing the same thing. It's probably best that I never have AP's. The airfare would kill me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
I really hope that you and Katie got to meet Gaston! I can't imagine that after they saw Katie in her Belle gown that they could say no to her. Her dress is absolutely stunning and she looks beautiful in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
i'm really hoping for a happy ending. we had something similar happen to our 1900 reservation on our trip. it was set up by a cast member. but when we arrived, we weren't on the list. thankfully, they got us in. i hope your story's ending is similar!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Really .....again.......

ADR's went well! I did pick a couple things we've not done so that will be fun to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Oh that is just cruel.
Sorry about that everyone. Our morning errand took WAY longer than I expected. I'm working on the next update now!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #870
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

I'm starting to not like you as much.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: