Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #781
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Lovely photos as usual! I envy the deep colors, I never seem to attain that.

I love Katie's shirt, esty? I want to get something like that for MVMCP for Kadence. I saw one with a Mickey head with a Santa hat, and I could get her name on it.

Winter Snow White! Beautiful! Kadence thinks you make a nice Queen.

I can't wait to see Christmas! At Disney!!

He's our Flynn too! Kadence LOVES him!

Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Last edited by Caretames1; 04-24-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #782
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great Character pics and I love that Snow White dress! I am glad you were able to find the right Flynn, they seem like a great Meet and greet couple. I loved Tangled and that is one M&G I would like to do.

Too bad you didn't get a good spot for the Magic, Memories... show.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #783
Belle4311
Earning My Ears

Going back 2012?

MOMRTK, you going to be back in Disney December 2012? My hubby and I will be there and we'd love to see you and Katie all dressed up!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #784
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Awe! I'm so glad that you were able to find THE Flynn!

I love your costumes!!
Thanks! It was a huge relief to find out we would be able to finish our mission that night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Lovely photos as usual! I envy the deep colors, I never seem to attain that.

I love Katie's shirt, esty? I want to get something like that for MVMCP for Kadence. I saw one with a Mickey head with a Santa hat, and I could get her name on it.

Winter Snow White! Beautiful! Kadence thinks you make a nice Queen.

I can't wait to see Christmas! At Disney!!

He's our Flynn too! Kadence LOVES him!

Well, don't tell Kadence ... but "her" Flynn is taken! We'll have to see what Finally08 has to say about whether her daughter is likely to share!

Thanks for the nice comment on the photos. I do think those deep rich colors are more a function of the lens than anything else. And I love this lens. If you ever get in the market for a lens upgrade, the folks on the photography forum are great at helping to spend your cash! errr..... I mean at helping point you in the right direction........

Katie's JOY shirt was done by my very talented friend Gretchen. I don't think I have your email address Carey. If you'll PM me your email, I'll send you a link. I'm thinking of having her do a matching adult size one for me this year.

And tell Kadence that while I might LOOK like a "nice" evil queen...... I'm really very mean.

OK.... just kidding...... but who wants to be a "nice" evil queen?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great Character pics and I love that Snow White dress! I am glad you were able to find the right Flynn, they seem like a great Meet and greet couple. I loved Tangled and that is one M&G I would like to do.

Too bad you didn't get a good spot for the Magic, Memories... show.
Thank you! I'm glad we found him too. OK, "THEM".......... but we all know I was really jsut looking for Flynn. Rapunzel was a bonus! Actually she was really sweet and interactive as well. She just wasn't part of my mission.

It was disappointing to miss my MMY shots that night again. I hated knowing I'd be hemmed in on Friday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle4311 View Post
MOMRTK, you going to be back in Disney December 2012? My hubby and I will be there and we'd love to see you and Katie all dressed up!
Well, I was all settled on December, that same week. But we did orientation at Katie's middle school last night and it really started getting real to me. I'm starting to wonder if taking the second to the last week of the semester is a smart idea in middle school. So I'm back to not knowing when again. Gonna have to think long and hard on his before all those November ADR's get snapped up in the near future.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #785
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Hi right back at you. It was so nice to be able to meet you and see your dresses in person after drooling over them on your last TR. I love the Tinkerbell pictures! Katie looks so darling with the little cape on.
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 04-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #786
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Hi right back at you. It was so nice to be able to meet you and see your dresses in person after drooling over them on your last TR. I love the Tinkerbell pictures! Katie looks so darling with the little cape on.
Thanks Glennie! Katie really likes that Tink costume. I had some portraits of her done in it and love the ones in the cape the most!

So no Christmas party for you this year? I see in your signature you're going back in August. We'll miss you! Not sure yet when we're going, but it will be November or December.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #787
jc040404
DIS Veteran

I feel like a broken record when it comes to your TR, but your pics are gorgeous! You are definitely making me wish for Christmas right now. The park looks beautiful in these. Your costumes are amazing, as usual, too!

I'm pretty sure we saw the same Flynn our on Tangled day. I had no idea he had such a following! He did really make the meet fun though. The reactions to the book are wonderful.

Can't help but join those sharing Fynn pics.. Here's my favorite of ours' with Rapunzel making them promise to keep the secret. I think I may have first read about this from one of your posts, too. Thanks! Pretty sure he's the same?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #788
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I have to pop in and say thanks again for sharing your TR. I've always wanted to do a Christmas party and I see you've done THREE in one week? I am so jealous! That would be incredible. It's just hard to get there that time of year when you're a teacher. In my district, you can't take time off unless you're within 5 years of retirement or you're penalized in your pension and everything else. It's really confusing! Some day I'll get there though... and until then, I'll just read your trip reports!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 04-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #789
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
I feel like a broken record when it comes to your TR, but your pics are gorgeous! You are definitely making me wish for Christmas right now. The park looks beautiful in these. Your costumes are amazing, as usual, too!

I'm pretty sure we saw the same Flynn our on Tangled day. I had no idea he had such a following! He did really make the meet fun though. The reactions to the book are wonderful.

Can't help but join those sharing Fynn pics.. Here's my favorite of ours' with Rapunzel making them promise to keep the secret. I think I may have first read about this from one of your posts, too. Thanks! Pretty sure he's the same?
Thanks so much! It's around 90 degrees here right now, so Christmas time is looking pretty good to me too!

Yes, that the Flynn in question! I won't claim him as ours since so many others have claimed him already! I'll leave Drizella for fairestoneof all....... and we'll just stick with our Fairy Godmother.

Your photo is adorable. Did your little one ask what's in the satchel? I tried to make a deal for the contents of the satchel later in the week. Hmmm..... wonder how THAT worked out..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
I have to pop in and say thanks again for sharing your TR. I've always wanted to do a Christmas party and I see you've done THREE in one week? I am so jealous! That would be incredible. It's just hard to get there that time of year when you're a teacher. In my district, you can't take time off unless you're within 5 years of retirement or you're penalized in your pension and everything else. It's really confusing! Some day I'll get there though... and until then, I'll just read your trip reports!
That's really hard being tied into a schedule. It's bad enough with a student in school, but ultimately I feel like she's MY child so I'll make the choices. It really is an awesome time to go. But I'm heat intolerant (read..... CRANKY when I get too hot!) so I can really only go 3 or 4 months out of the year. And even after suffering through the record cold in 2010....... it's worth the risk to get what we go in 2011.

The reason I go to extra parties is because 1) it's normally just the 2 of us and 2) I forego birthday, Christmas and Mother's Day gifts in leiu of some extras on our trips.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #790
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Thanks Glennie! Katie really likes that Tink costume. I had some portraits of her done in it and love the ones in the cape the most!

So no Christmas party for you this year? I see in your signature you're going back in August. We'll miss you! Not sure yet when we're going, but it will be November or December.
I am still thinking about going in Dec and taking both girls this time. Now that I have done a trip with each child individually I can start again. My son would like to take another trip with just him and I but the girls want to go together. Hubby is pretty good about going but one trip a year suits him just fine. What I would really like to do is go in Oct for MNSSHP but I think it is a little soon after just being there is Aug so Dec would spread it out a bit better. If Julia thought she would see Katie again she would vote for Dec for sure!
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 04-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #791
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's really hard being tied into a schedule. It's bad enough with a student in school, but ultimately I feel like she's MY child so I'll make the choices. It really is an awesome time to go. But I'm heat intolerant (read..... CRANKY when I get too hot!) so I can really only go 3 or 4 months out of the year. And even after suffering through the record cold in 2010....... it's worth the risk to get what we go in 2011.

The reason I go to extra parties is because 1) it's normally just the 2 of us and 2) I forego birthday, Christmas and Mother's Day gifts in leiu of some extras on our trips.
It is your choice about missing school. We have an absence section that says "absent: Family approved". It doesn't excuse it, but it explains it. I usually don't mind if parents take their children. Especially to Disney! I encourage them to help their child (or if the child is old enough, as I've taught other grades) write a journal, or make it a visual scrapbook, and bring it in to share with the class. Sometimes the parents send e-mails too and we get to read and learn about what the missing child is doing. Don't stress over it too much, it's only a week!

I am the opposite of you... I LOVE the heat! I enjoy it much more than the cold. That's why I need to get back to DL... to experience it when I'm warm. I think that's why I only took 4500 or so pictures... I was too cold to take more! That many parties would be lovely though, because then you have the time to do everything that you want to do... see the characters, shows and parades, ride some rides when the parades are on etc. It's wonderful.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 04-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #792
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:

Well, don't tell Kadence ... but "her" Flynn is taken! We'll have to see what Finally08 has to say about whether her daughter is likely to share!

Thanks for the nice comment on the photos. I do think those deep rich colors are more a function of the lens than anything else. And I love this lens. If you ever get in the market for a lens upgrade, the folks on the photography forum are great at helping to spend your cash! errr..... I mean at helping point you in the right direction........

Katie's JOY shirt was done by my very talented friend Gretchen. I don't think I have your email address Carey. If you'll PM me your email, I'll send you a link. I'm thinking of having her do a matching adult size one for me this year.

And tell Kadence that while I might LOOK like a "nice" evil queen...... I'm really very mean.

OK.... just kidding...... but who wants to be a "nice" evil queen?????

I've been looking at lens for a while, but right now it comes down to money for Disney or extras like lens and an ipad (I would love both, but pick Disney each time) Maybe someday...

I will pm you my email. I'm really interested in a shirt for MVMCP.

She said you made the costume so that means you're not the real evil Queen. She's a smart one!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 04-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #793
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Okay, firstly, I'm SO sorry I haven't commented in awhile. I won't go into the whole why thing because it's basically the same thing as with any person who goes MIA on the DIS (School, Life, Activities, etc.), but I'm back now and ready to leave a nice little comment for ya...

Sorry you didn't get a great spot to take your photos of the Magic, Memories and You! You just seem to be out of luck with that show on this trip. Good thing you have so many more nights of that show to get some amazing shots So sweet of your daughter to comfort you too.

Great pictures of Katie with Rosetta and Tink! I just love how you just always have a costume "up your sleeve" for her for basically every M&G. It really looks great in the photos and how the characters seem to enjoy interacting with you two so much. (:

Again, absolutely love your photos of the Christmas decorum, so very pretty!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #794
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Trying to get caught up over here...

Your scrapbooks pages are beautiful! You did a great job on those. I've got a whole room full of scrapbooking stuff that I haven't touched in years.

I totally agree about party days at MK! They are FABULOUS!!!

Glad to hear you liked LTT. We are thinking of eating there on our next trip.

Famous last words huh? I might know a little something about that.

The whole Flynn story made me teary. I know I'm a dork. I could just feel the magic my heart while reading about it! Makes me want to be there right now so bad! That sort of stuff is what gets us all back year after year.

Love your Evil Queen costume! I would totally wear that! I really want that 7 dwarfs picture too! They are only out at the parties right? Katie's Snow White gown is beautiful. I really like the blue/white combo!

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 04-26-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #795
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Again nice photos. Dinner at Liberty Inn can set you back a pretty penny. We finally at there last summer and for a party of five I almost asked if I could wash the dishes instead of pay that hefty bill. Good food though.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: