Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #751
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I love the idea of scrapbooking… but it rarely gets done. I LOVE Stampin' Up! products and have a tub full of stamps, punches and paper, but I prefer making cards when the mood strikes me to scrap! I feel like there is less pressure to complete a project.
That's funny because I fell really intimidated by card-making! I have all this paper and stuff around here and yet I still buy all my cards. I feel guilty about buying them, but I do!

I've actually been scrapbooking since the late 90's. It's saved me a fortune in therapy costs.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #752
Yzerbear19
I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)

Your scrapbook pages are gorgeous! Well done. Do you have a Cricut machine?

I used to paper scrapbook, but have switch primarily to digital. It's much easier, quicker and less messy. LOL I still have all my paper scrapping stuff, but really haven't used it in months. I still need to finish my 2008 Disneyland book I had started.

You can see some of my digital layouts here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...ame=yzerbear19

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #753
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerbear19 View Post

I used to paper scrapbook, but have switch primarily to digital. It's much easier, quicker and less messy. LOL I still have all my paper scrapping stuff, but really haven't used it in months. I still need to finish my 2008 Disneyland book I had started.

You can see some of my digital layouts here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...ame=yzerbear19
Wow. Just WOW. I am completely blown away. Your pages are amazing. I'd probably consider digital if I knew how to do that! So just how hard is it to learn how to do that? Your photos are awesome too. I hope you don't mind if I bookmark your spot for inspiration in paper form. Thanks for sharing the link!

And yes, I have a Cricut, but don't use it for much more than cutting titles these days. I've lost patience for cutting tiny pieces and glueing them together. I got "Make The Cut" just as thy were ending support for Cricut, so was very happy to get it. I love that I can cut almost any font.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #754
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

A couple more pages for this morning..... I promise I'll have an update mid-week. I'm still over-committed on my time for the next few days...... And today my oldest turns 19. Not that it will require much of my time. He'll probably celebrate by sleeping most of the day. We already celebrated with dinner out Friday night at his favorite restaurant, Hibachi on the Plaza here in KC. Sort of made me flash back to our Teppan Edo meal at Epcot!

splash by mom2rtk, on Flickr

thundermtn by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Old 04-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #755
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Everyone else around here seems to be going in November. Didn't they get the memo that all the cool kids are going in December?????
I'm not cool......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
All the "cool" people are going in Nov...just do it!
Wait!! Does this mean I'm cool again!?

Quote:
Did I see it's on the 9th? If so, yuck, since that's a Friday night.
My only chance at a party and this is what I see! NOT HELPING!

BTW, Janet I love your scrapbook pages! I wish I was creative enough do do that. I have tried, but I never can figure how I want it to look. I've done some back when Sammy was little, and that book turned in to just me taping all her clippings in it!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 04-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #756
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm not cool......

Wait!! Does this mean I'm cool again!?

My only chance at a party and this is what I see! NOT HELPING!

BTW, Janet I love your scrapbook pages! I wish I was creative enough do do that. I have tried, but I never can figure how I want it to look. I've done some back when Sammy was little, and that book turned in to just me taping all her clippings in it!
Well, relax. I have ONLY been to parties that were crazy busy or sold out. So (Well, except that one in 2010 when it was like 20 degrees! ) I'll walk you through it. And I'm hoping that having the new stuff open in Fantasyland will spread people out more........unless they use it as an excuse to sell more tickets..... but Disney would never do that.......would they?

So if the 9th is your only choice, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Just get your spot for the parade early. It's worth it to see those marching toy soldiers.

Thanks for the nice comments on the scrapbook pages. I actually copy a lot of pages I see that I like. I'm constantly ripping pages out of magzines and putting then in a pile of pages I want to copy. I also work almost exclusively from page sketches like those found here:

http://www.pagemaps.com/mar12maps.htm

I've been at this a while though. My earliest pages were a bunch of cards glued in a book with small photos next to them. I've actually gone back and started to redo some of those early books. There's no "right" way to do it. You have to enjoy the process AND the outcome or it's not worth it. Right now I'm relishing the thought of a day or two later in the week to just lose myself in the scrapping.

The biggest thing for me is that I am completely neurotic about time passing and memories fading. When I scrap, I enjoy the process, but mostly I feel like I can gain one on Father Time, and sort of freeze some of those memories before they get away.

This might come as a surprise (NOT!) but I journal a LOT on my pages. You can't see it on the pages I have posted, but I usually hide lots of journaling behind the photos. The entire journal (22 single spaced pages I think.....) will be in the scrapbook, broken up and hiden behind photos like this:

neverlandjournal by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #757
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Well, relax. I have ONLY been to parties that were crazy busy or sold out. So (Well, except that one in 2010 when it was like 20 degrees! ) I'll walk you through it. And I'm hoping that having the new stuff open in Fantasyland will spread people out more........unless they use it as an excuse to sell more tickets..... but Disney would never do that.......would they?

So if the 9th is your only choice, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Just get your spot for the parade early. It's worth it to see those marching toy soldiers.
More tickets! NOOOOooooo! Well, John and I have decided to take it as we can, and make a few things a must and next year we'll do 2 parties and get it all taken in. For sure we want to do Meet & Greets with Mickey & Minnie, the Parade, and the Fireworks. Everything else will be bonus.
Do they have the dance parties like at MNSSHP?

I'm getting excited, just thinking of how to decorate my AoA window!

Quote:
Thanks for the nice comments on the scrapbook pages. I actually copy a lot of pages I see that I like. I'm constantly ripping pages out of magzines and putting then in a pile of pages I want to copy. I also work almost exclusively from page sketches like those found here:

http://www.pagemaps.com/mar12maps.htm

I've been at this a while though. My earliest pages were a bunch of cards glued in a book with small photos next to them. I've actually gone back and started to redo some of those early books. There's no "right" way to do it. You have to enjoy the process AND the outcome or it's not worth it. Right now I'm relishing the thought of a day or two later in the week to just lose myself in the scrapping.

The biggest thing for me is that I am completely neurotic about time passing and memories fading. When I scrap, I enjoy the process, but mostly I feel like I can gain one on Father Time, and sort of freeze some of those memories before they get away.

This might come as a surprise (NOT!) but I journal a LOT on my pages. You can't see it on the pages I have posted, but I usually hide lots of journaling behind the photos. The entire journal (22 single spaced pages I think.....) will be in the scrapbook, broken up and hiden behind photos like this:
I am a memory person too, and I take so many pictures to make sure I don't lose anything that the girls have done. I have so many Disks of pictures that I have to go by DVD books to store them all. John thinks I take too many, and maybe 10 photos of the same expression is a bit much, but

I have a set of photos of Kadence that I actually did a scrap page for (actually a Hallmark computer program page). She was 2, hiding behind the curtains, and 6 photos later, I have the whole event from her behind the curtains, feet visible only, to her peeking out, to her fingers only showing, to her finally walking out. It brings a tear to the eye, when I know she growing up.

Your journaling is so cute the way it's there, but hidden! See, I would have never thought of that!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931

Old 04-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #758
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
More tickets! NOOOOooooo! Well, John and I have decided to take it as we can, and make a few things a must and next year we'll do 2 parties and get it all taken in. For sure we want to do Meet & Greets with Mickey & Minnie, the Parade, and the Fireworks. Everything else will be bonus.
Do they have the dance parties like at MNSSHP?

Yes, they have the dance parties. We've didn't do them the last couple years since Ariel's grotto closed. It would be AWESOME if they'd bring back the Tremaine family dance party when FL reopens. We had a ball with that one.

I think your approach is perfect. Go for the atmosphere, throw in a couple other things and I think you'll be good. Next year cover any missed ground. I'm still waiting for Mickey and Minnie to have a wardrobe change. We were there THREE times in December and didn't even bother seeing Mickey and Minnie. I was boycotting their ugly Christmas wear.

I'm getting excited, just thinking of how to decorate my AoA window!

I have a secret hope that they'll have free dining in December and include AoA. I think I'd try that, but I know the odds aren't great. So we'll probably end up at Pop. Can't wait to see what you do with your window so we can copy it. Errr.... be "inspired" by it........

I am a memory person too, and I take so many pictures to make sure I don't lose anything that the girls have done. I have so many Disks of pictures that I have to go by DVD books to store them all. John thinks I take too many, and maybe 10 photos of the same expression is a bit much, but

I have a set of photos of Kadence that I actually did a scrap page for (actually a Hallmark computer program page). She was 2, hiding behind the curtains, and 6 photos later, I have the whole event from her behind the curtains, feet visible only, to her peeking out, to her fingers only showing, to her finally walking out. It brings a tear to the eye, when I know she growing up.

Your journaling is so cute the way it's there, but hidden! See, I would have never thought of that!

Thanks Carey! Your page sounds adorable. I have found that scrapping really changes the way I shoot photos. I always have a page in mind I want to do.
Here's Mickey and Minnie from 2010, the same holiday wear from 2011:

IMG_4654-1 by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #759
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Yes, they have the dance parties.
Good! That was Kadence's favorite part of MNSSHP and I'm sure we;ll spend time at the MVMCP ones as well. After all, it's all about the kiddos......

Quote:
I think your approach is perfect. Go for the atmosphere, throw in a couple other things and I think you'll be good. Next year cover any missed ground. I'm still waiting for Mickey and Minnie to have a wardrobe change. We were there THREE times in December and didn't even bother seeing Mickey and Minnie. I was boycotting their ugly Christmas wear.
I'm glad you think so, I do just want to soak in all in. We've seen on youtube the snow falling, and Kadence thought that was amazing.
Maybe they were doing a Ugly Sweater Party?

Quote:
I have a secret hope that they'll have free dining in December and include AoA. I think I'd try that, but I know the odds aren't great. So we'll probably end up at Pop. Can't wait to see what you do with your window so we can copy it. Errr.... be "inspired" by it........
Well, FD is at AoA in Sept so my hope for NOV is there!

Speaking of Errr...copying........ On your last TR, you have posted a picture of your POP window, with the light up Mickey head....I found that Mickey head on clearance at Walgreens in January, and picked it up! So that will be the center piece of the window, along with some Mickey & Minnie Christmas gels I picked up at Aldis.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #760
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good! That was Kadence's favorite part of MNSSHP and I'm sure we;ll spend time at the MVMCP ones as well. After all, it's all about the kiddos...... :

I'm glad you think so, I do just want to soak in all in. We've seen on youtube the snow falling, and Kadence thought that was amazing.
Maybe they were doing a Ugly Sweater Party?

Well, FD is at AoA in Sept so my hope for NOV is there!

Speaking of Errr...copying........ On your last TR, you have posted a picture of your POP window, with the light up Mickey head....I found that Mickey head on clearance at Walgreens in January, and picked it up! So that will be the center piece of the window, along with some Mickey & Minnie Christmas gels I picked up at Aldis.

But.... but.... if you're copying me....... and I'm copying YOU..........

Back to the drawing board.........

You really need to watch the parade on Main Street under the garlands, with the snow falling. It's pretty awesome.......

Last edited by mom2rtk; 04-22-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #761
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
That's funny because I fell really intimidated by card-making! I have all this paper and stuff around here and yet I still buy all my cards. I feel guilty about buying them, but I do!
It's not THAT bad.

I need to make more though. I've got all the stuff and no cards stocked up

Quote:
I've actually been scrapbooking since the late 90's. It's saved me a fortune in therapy costs.
Preach it sister!

Quote:

splash by mom2rtk, on Flickr

thundermtn by mom2rtk, on Flickr
How in the world did you make those graphics.

Teach me Yoda. I.MUST.HAVE!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #762
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
It's not THAT bad.

Preach it sister!

Well, the Splash Mountain paper piecing was something I bought on ebay years ago and just hadn't used. Sorry....can't help much on that!

As for BTMRR........ Remember I said I use "Make the Cut" to cut fonts on my Cricut? Well, there is this really cool font, something like "Big Thunder Dingbats". It's a free download easy to find with a google search. But I made a couple of the dingbats really big...... and voila!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #763
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

My boss gave me a few minutes for a break. Since I don't smoke I thought I'd post a few more scrapbook pages..... Then back to to the salt mines.....

cinderellasholidaywish by mom2rtk, on Flickr

fantasyland by mom2rtk, on Flickr

tomorrowland by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Old 04-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #764
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

Quote:
Thanks!

I do print all of my photos at home. I have a Epson Artisan 710 have been very happy with it. When it dies (and it will. I'm on about my 4th Epson printer) I think I might get the wider format printer so I can do full 12" photos if I want. I generally buy big lots of Epson 8 1/2X11 paper on Ebay and print several photos on each page. I also buy my ink on ebay to save a bit. I don't mind doing pages with 4x6 photos but never know just what I'm going to do until I sit down to do it. And I print custom sizes all the time.

Something else you an do is put several photos into a 4x6 space then cut them apart. I also like using the photo collage templates on the scrapbooksetc.com web site.
I have resisted getting a photo grade copier so far - I have too many "toys" on my wish list right now! I will have to try the collage photos - I think that Costco even prints them if I import from Picassa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerbear19 View Post

Your lo's are beautiful! I have only used digital templates - so not much creativity, but I loved the ease and speed! (and no mess to keep the 4 legged child out of!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
It's not THAT bad.

Preach it sister!

I was thinking the same thing! I have a Cricut, but did not get MTC or SCAL, but have seriously been considering the Silhouette. Oh, wait, see previous post about too many toys on my wish list!! Maybe for Christmas!

Quote:
My boss gave me a few minutes for a break. Since I don't smoke I thought I'd post a few more scrapbook pages..... Then back to to the salt mines.....

cinderellasholidaywish by mom2rtk, on Flickr

fantasyland by mom2rtk, on Flickr

tomorrowland by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Beautiful! And I love how you "hid" the journaling on the last lo's. It really lets you tell the story but without making a whole page of the lo being a journaling page.

Here is one of the digital pages I made with Close to my Heart's digital program, Studio J. It was really easy - would definitely use it agin, but can't give up the therapeutic paper scrapping!

Old 04-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #765
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAtLast View Post
I have resisted getting a photo grade copier so far - I have too many "toys" on my wish list right now! I will have to try the collage photos - I think that Costco even prints them if I import from Picassa.

I've worn out a number of printers through the years..... mostly printing photos for scrapbooking. But I scrap at odd hours, and it would drive me nuts to have to stop and wait until someplace that prints opened.

Your lo's are beautiful! I have only used digital templates - so not much creativity, but I loved the ease and speed! (and no mess to keep the 4 legged child out of!)

Thanks! I have some furry friends that cause problems too. One of them has a nasty habit of chewing on paper. Boxes too. Anyone want a cat?????? If Robbie didn't love that dang cat so much, I'd be really tempted.....

At least you're on the verge of the best toy of all..... a nice camera!

I was thinking the same thing! I have a Cricut, but did not get MTC or SCAL, but have seriously been considering the Silhouette. Oh, wait, see previous post about too many toys on my wish list!! Maybe for Christmas!

If you ever get a Silhouette, do check out the programs. I got a Wishblade when it hit the market years ago as the first consumer cutter. This was even before Cricut. I loved it, but there was no shadow function or welding. Eventually they came out with new software and I never got it figured out. It's a big ole paper weight now. I should have sold the dang thing. But a cutter plus SCAL or MTC.... is pretty darn awesome. I was in hog heaven when I finally got this going.

Working on a Pirates page? Go to the internet, look up the name of the font on the signs at Disney, download said font....... and off to the races!

Beautiful! And I love how you "hid" the journaling on the last lo's. It really lets you tell the story but without making a whole page of the lo being a journaling page.

Thanks! Most of my Disney pages have journaling hidden in there somewhere. I just always have too many photos, and too much to say, NOT to hide it!

Here is one of the digital pages I made with Close to my Heart's digital program, Studio J. It was really easy - would definitely use it agin, but can't give up the therapeutic paper scrapping!

That's adorable! I love it! I'm really gonna have to figure out how to do that one day. I doubt I'll ever give up my paper, ribbon and flowers, but I could certainly make a case for the occasional digital page.

Here's the link for the collage templates I use. And if I use them, you know they can't be too hard....

http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/layouts/collage/

Replies in red.

Last edited by mom2rtk; 04-22-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: