Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #736
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAtLast View Post
Finally am caught up - great report so far! I am still considering a TR - better late than never! My 10 year old was still happy to meet characters (although she said before the trip that she didn't want to!) but she would only wear appliquéd T shirts and shorts

And on a happy note - My DH, who is not a "hater",but merely tolerates my Disney obsession, has been looking at the WDW expansion ON HIS OWN with no prompts from me at all! so maybe we will have a trip planned by 2013!!!!

And I am also an avid paper scrapbooker - who has been lured to the dark side - LOL! I completed my October Disney trip digitally (using the Close to my Heart program) and it is already in an album!! Not ready to switch, but I have never finished a trip that quickly!!

Now, stop tempting me! I love sitting down and cutting paper, and love to have big fat books to look at. Besides, I'm really not that computer savvy. But still...... I eventually had to give up film photography just because I didn't have room to store any more prints and negatives. I could SO see my scrapbooking having the same issue.

My DH isn't a hater at all, or even a tolerater at all. He loves Disney. the problem is that he loves it for different reasons. He loves the rides and would do them all day. He loves eating at Chef Mickey. BUT....... he's not fond of parades and shows (well, except Indiana Jones.....) and character lines. Oh, and he thinks it's odd to spend so much time on park photography. So you see...... we all have our issues to deal with......

YEAH! That your husband is taking an interest in the Fantasyland Expansion. Just don't let him find out the Mine Coaster might not be open until 2014. Wouldn't want you to have to wait that long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post

Hahaha, I just got an error message that my message was too short! Hopefully this sentence make it long enough!
How awesome you might get another day! And while that first party MIGHT be busy, I'm not sure it will be crazy. At the very least you can rest assured the locals won't be out for it. This much I can guarantee...... it won't be as busy as any of the parties I've been at in mid-December!

And of course Kadence would be Sleeping Beauty. Duh! But she'll have to move to the west coast to her castle there. Is she good with that?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #737
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Catching up. Luvin all the pics. the dresses really are amazing and how cool Drizella remembered so much about Katie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #738
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
How awesome you might get another day! And while that first party MIGHT be busy, I'm not sure it will be crazy. At the very least you can rest assured the locals won't be out for it. This much I can guarantee...... it won't be as busy as any of the parties I've been at in mid-December!

And of course Kadence would be Sleeping Beauty. Duh! But she'll have to move to the west coast to her castle there. Is she good with that?
Got the extra day! I can handle busy, and it will be awesome no matter!

What do you mean about the locals not coming out?

Kadence would probably just move the Castle!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 04-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #739
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Catching up. Luvin all the pics. the dresses really are amazing and how cool Drizella remembered so much about Katie
Thanks petals! It was a great morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Got the extra day! I can handle busy, and it will be awesome no matter!

What do you mean about the locals not coming out?

Kadence would probably just move the Castle!
Lots of local residents do the parties. So you're seeing out of towners at the parties as well as those who live in driving distance and just come in for the party. But most of those wait until later in the season, after Thanksgiving, when they're more in the Christmas mood.

And I knew I liked Kadence. Now I know I do. I like her style!

And WOO HOO on your TA extraordinaire getting your extra day added!

I feel like all you November people are getting a HUGE jump on me.

Last edited by mom2rtk; 04-19-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #740
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Fabulous MK day! I was really enjoying all the park pictures and character greetings. I was just thinking to myself, "What great characters, they are all so pretty and a good match for the characters." Then I got to Cinderella and had to do a double take. It's not that she unattractive but she just not a good Cindy.

You really should post the scrapbook pages for the updates you've done so far. They are so pretty.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 04-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #741
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Hmmmm...... I still have my moments where I'm not sure I want to hear any of those discussions. "CRAZY lady with a camera and bag of costumes headed for Fantasyland....... RUN!!!!!"

i promise it wasn't in a bad way. she loves Katie's costumes!

We have had the BEST fun at 1900PF through the years, with one notabe exception. Katie and I were on our way to the Pirate and Princess Party in 08. We were both wearing Fairy Godmother costumes and all the stepsisters could muster wa "So, where you from? Want me to sign your book?" SERIOUSLY?????????

what? that's sad. my sister had one bad experience at 1900 with boring Tremaines. thankfully, we have only had an experience with a bad Drizella one summer (MK meet & greet). Addie has found videos of that same girl on youtube and she just is ho-hum in all of those too. i haven't seen her lately, and that's a good thing.

Fortunately........ we had one of our BEST Disney evenings EVER on this trip at 1900PF. That one's still to come.

can't wait!

Well I continue to be amazed. She really is awesome. And tell Addie we said "Thanks for sharing". So next time we go back can we tell her Addie said hi?

please do. you can say "your Addie" because she calls her that ("my Addie") since we call her "our Drizella." it may take her a moment, but she should know. and i will make it a point to seek out your Fairy Godmother on our next trip--it's been a long time since we've gotten to see her. she's been there for awhile right? i know i've seen her. i should look at our old pictures and see if i can find her.
my replies in red.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)

Last edited by fairestoneofall; 04-19-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #742
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I really do hope you can get settled soon.

Have you done any sewing before?

Whether you have or have not, if you think you want to sew some Disney stuff, start watching the Disboutiquer thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2896055

There are people of all skill levels there, lot of help, and tons of inspiration. It might be fun to plot some things to try. You know..... while you're doing all this ..... waiting.
Yup! I took 4 years of Home Ec (NOW called "Family and Consumer Science") and I used to sew quite a bit. But it's been YEARS since I've really made anything. I need a machine, but I don't even know where to start with it all. I should go lurk over there and see what I can learn!

Quote:
Hey there! We're planning a trip, but won't commit on when for a while. I'm leaning more toward December. I was considering November but want to be sure the Fantasyland Expansion will be open (including Be Our Guest). I would be so sad if it got delayed and we just missed it.

But I won't commit until the fall deals come out. So are you planning a November trip?
Can't wait to see when you end up going! June is looking less and less likely but that just means we could do Christmas time again.

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 04-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #743
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Fabulous MK day! I was really enjoying all the park pictures and character greetings. I was just thinking to myself, "What great characters, they are all so pretty and a good match for the characters." Then I got to Cinderella and had to do a double take. It's not that she unattractive but she just not a good Cindy.

You really should post the scrapbook pages for the updates you've done so far. They are so pretty.
Thanks Vanessa! It really was a grand morning.

Since I won't have time for an update for at least a few more days, I'll try to post a few of my scrapbook pages. I'm actually further in the trip with my scrapbooking than I am with my trip report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
my replies in red.
I'll make a note in my trip book for our next trip..... "Say hi to Addie's Drizella." Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Yup! I took 4 years of Home Ec (NOW called "Family and Consumer Science") and I used to sew quite a bit. But it's been YEARS since I've really made anything. I need a machine, but I don't even know where to start with it all. I should go lurk over there and see what I can learn!

Can't wait to see when you end up going! June is looking less and less likely but that just means we could do Christmas time again.
Then I'm sure you can come up with some stuff to make for your next trip. And Gretchen does great appliques if you don't have the machine for that.....

I'm sorry it looks like June is falling through. But Christmas would be even better! Everyone else around here seems to be going in November. Didn't they get the memo that all the cool kids are going in December?????
Old 04-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #744
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Then I'm sure you can come up with some stuff to make for your next trip. And Gretchen does great appliques if you don't have the machine for that.....

I'm sorry it looks like June is falling through. But Christmas would be even better! Everyone else around here seems to be going in November. Didn't they get the memo that all the cool kids are going in December?????
Yeah, if I can get a machine I could hip up some simple things for the girls. I found an etsy shop with some "inspired" dresses that had a simple pattern- I could do that easy. I am VERY tempted to tell Corey my birthday present will be a machine. I may find a sewing class, just to get my skills sharpened up and then get a machine though.

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 04-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #745
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Dis has been just awful lately.
I'll give you a tip...clear all cookies and you should be able to stay logged in for the most part...except if you use chrome....Chrome is not working for many...including me. Also the email notifications have stopped for many or are sporadic. After I cleared Cookies, I went into my subscribed threads spot and just started reading each and every one and then my emails returned. I don't know if that is coincidence, or if it triggered them to come back.
I think I lost a lot of my readers because of that. I have posted a couple of updates and only a couple of people have answered, so my guess is they haven't gotten notifications and with it being on the Universal board, it's not something they would see on the regular TR board regularly.

I think when we got our ears done at DTD it was like $9...pricey I thought too, so if it's less at Sire Mickey's I can live with it. I showed Claire the picture of those ears and she loves them. So it might be something we look into in Nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Hey stranger! I'm woahfully behind on my own trip report and every one else's too - uggh! I saw you posting in the November 2012 code thread - are you planning another trip? I've still got a pipe dream for one
He stranger!!!!! We are going in Nov this year too! I hope you can go! All the "cool" people are going...just do it!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #746
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Yeah, if I can get a machine I could hip up some simple things for the girls. I found an etsy shop with some "inspired" dresses that had a simple pattern- I could do that easy. I am VERY tempted to tell Corey my birthday present will be a machine. I may find a sewing class, just to get my skills sharpened up and then get a machine though.
Definitely get a machine for your birthday and jump in trying some stuff. Tell your DH it will save money on clothes for the girls...... even though we all know that's not true!

The patterns on youcanmakethis.com are a great place to start. Lots of stuff you see posted on the DISboutiquer thread use those patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Dis has been just awful lately.
I'll give you a tip...clear all cookies and you should be able to stay logged in for the most part...except if you use chrome....Chrome is not working for many...including me. Also the email notifications have stopped for many or are sporadic. After I cleared Cookies, I went into my subscribed threads spot and just started reading each and every one and then my emails returned. I don't know if that is coincidence, or if it triggered them to come back.
I think I lost a lot of my readers because of that. I have posted a couple of updates and only a couple of people have answered, so my guess is they haven't gotten notifications and with it being on the Universal board, it's not something they would see on the regular TR board regularly.

I think when we got our ears done at DTD it was like $9...pricey I thought too, so if it's less at Sire Mickey's I can live with it. I showed Claire the picture of those ears and she loves them. So it might be something we look into in Nov

He stranger!!!!! We are going in Nov this year too! I hope you can go! All the "cool" people are going...just do it!

I didn't do a thing but am finally getting email notices again. I think it was just all part of the whole "server issue" thing......

The problem of course is that I promised myself I wouldn't get behind on everyone's TR's again, then I stopped getting notices, and got behind. I'll catch up, but not in the next couple days. That much I KNOW!

So now that the November calendar is out do you know if you'll make it to a party? When is the first one? Did I see it's on the 9th? If so, yuck, since that's a Friday night.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #747
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Before I go get lost in my work for the day, I thought I'd share a few of the scrapbook pages I've done from the trip. I'll try to work my way through in order, starting with the cover page.

sbcover2011 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

neverland by mom2rtk, on Flickr

joyinthekingdom by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #748
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

Your scrapbook pages are beautiful! Although I loved getting my last trip done so quickly, I still prefer my "paper" Disney album from 2009! Do you print your pictures at home? I usually print at Costco and then manually crop the photos at home to the size I want. I have thought about using an online site that prints in all different sizes (2x3, 3x3, etc) but I never plan my pages out to know what size I want until I am working on it!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #749
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAtLast View Post
Your scrapbook pages are beautiful! Although I loved getting my last trip done so quickly, I still prefer my "paper" Disney album from 2009! Do you print your pictures at home? I usually print at Costco and then manually crop the photos at home to the size I want. I have thought about using an online site that prints in all different sizes (2x3, 3x3, etc) but I never plan my pages out to know what size I want until I am working on it!
Thanks!

I do print all of my photos at home. I have a Epson Artisan 710 have been very happy with it. When it dies (and it will. I'm on about my 4th Epson printer) I think I might get the wider format printer so I can do full 12" photos if I want. I generally buy big lots of Epson 8 1/2X11 paper on Ebay and print several photos on each page. I also buy my ink on ebay to save a bit. I don't mind doing pages with 4x6 photos but never know just what I'm going to do until I sit down to do it. And I print custom sizes all the time.

Something else you an do is put several photos into a 4x6 space then cut them apart. I also like using the photo collage templates on the scrapbooksetc.com web site.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #750
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I love the idea of scrapbooking… but it rarely gets done. I LOVE Stampin' Up! products and have a tub full of stamps, punches and paper, but I prefer making cards when the mood strikes me to scrap! I feel like there is less pressure to complete a project.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: