Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #721
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

A little (or a lot) late to your TR, but can't wait to catch up and read all about it! We had a great Halloween trip in October and I have been in mourning since we do not have another trip planned anytime soon and I couldn't bring myself to come to the Disboards!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #722
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

you are my Favorite Person EVER! I love reading your reports or anything you do!!!! your meet and Greets are awesome (except the one ) your pictures are lovely your amazing craftsmanship is breathtaking!!!
you are my Disney Hero.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #723
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Between the Dis problems and my own crazy life, I had gotten behind. I LOVE that pink Cindy dress. Cortlyn would LOVE that!!!! I need to get settled in a home with a sewing room and start really getting into it again. The Dis is really inspiring me! I don't think I could ever be as good as you, but I could whip together some simple things for the parks!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #724
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

I haven't abandoned the TR.... I promise! Life's just too busy racing along in fast forward. And when I had a little time over the weekend, I couldn't even log in. It was so frustrating on Sunday to see the boards up and others posting, but I couldn't even log in.

I think about every moment of every day is spoken for until at least Sunday, s I can't promise an update before then, but I'll do it as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Ok, I should have clarified that I bet they've never seen that dress from anyone OTHER than you! That is really cool that you saw the same CMs again though and I am still shocked that they remembered the dress. That must mean that it was pretty unique!
Thanks Rinky! We really have had the most fun with the obscure costumes. The sad part is...... I think I've run out of ideas! (OK......... who rearranaged my smilies????????????) But Katie is mostly done with the costumes, so I guess that worked out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I have been having the worst issues with the DIS! And now, it's just starting to give me problems!UGH! I hope this goes through.

No problem. I COMPLETELY understand!

How amazing that the step-sisters called Katie by name! I can understand why though, you have an amazing talent and obvious love for the making of the costumes. I'd remember that too!

Thanks Carey.

Katie looks beautiful as always and Kadence just loves her Sleeping Beauty Capri's set! I've been staring to look for something like that for Nov, with a Christmas flair too it.

You'll probably have an easier time of it in November. I always struggle with December because of the weather. I used to feel confident planning for December but after that nasty cold spell in 2010, I'll never be sure enough again! I planned for possible cold last year and it actually got hot a few days.

It really IS fun planning Christmas themed stuff though. I have a couple new ideas for Katie for this year she has given me a preliminary go on. Different from what we've done before. No appliques but some updated style tops in an age appropriate style. I'm anxious to give it a try. She even liked an Alice top I proposed.

I love early entry into the parks too. Nobody around, the fresh clean feeling. It's just too bad about the Lady with the crying kiddo. I've seen a few moments like that at Disney. Kadence had a moment like that on our first trip, she was unsure and didn't want out of the stoller for a picture so we went on our way and came back later when she was more agreeable. I hope that lady see's her pictures and feels bad!

Don't you just love that "new park" smell?

The lady with the crying kiddo was our first moment like that at Disney. It was just so "off" with that "new park" smell!

My favorite picture out of all....... Katie sitting on the chair by the Christmas tree, legs thrown over the arm. All you would have needed was her in some Christmasy flannel jammmies and that would make a great Christmas card!

Oh man, don't encourage me! Actually, I just think we need a throne like that at home by our own tree!

We really enjoyed these updates! Kadence and I are ready to go TODAY! She can't wait for next year!!! I can't wait for 6 months from now!

You are TOTALLY bad! And I love it! So have you looked over that November calendar yet? I know it's out, but I haven't had a chance. I'm still leaning toward December though, so no big rush here.

p.s. When Kadence saw the Cinderella, she said" What wrong with her eyebrows? LOL

LOL! I guess I'm in good company. Tell Kadence she'll make a gorgeous Cindy at WDW one day. I think with Katie's dark hair she'll have to be Belle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
]

Ok This news makes me SO EXCITED!!!!!! We saw Main Street Electrical Parade last august. and going back in july will be awesome to see a different parade!!!!!

Ok I'm back.... I'm been a bit off the boards for quite a while now, just busy busy, loads going on. I just caught up and so much to say. Love the pictures, The stepsister recognizing katie. LOVE the Fairy godmother costume....... So much

our Mary Poppins costume is almost done. My mom is NOT a seamstress and it looks okay. It definitely looks like Mary Poppins, just not quite what I had been envisioning when she decided espectially to put binding around the sleeves and the collar of the outerskirt before we put the ribbon/lace on . It looks dumb. but oh well. She is trying her best! V LOVES it tho. She doesn't realize it is mary poppins I don't think and she thinks it is for someone else and she is just trying it on to see if it would fit the other girl.

Awaiting the next update!!!!
I really hope it's true. I feel the same way about wanting something "new".

And I'd LOVE to see a photo of your Mary costume with it's done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so mad at Dis...no notification you did an update.

I missed TONS of notifications too. I'm way behind on everyone's trip reports again because of it. Here's hoping the DIS tech issues have settled down for an extended period this time.

What a wonderful experience with the step sisters. I love that extra magic you had!
And those ears are too cute....it may be a purchase we make next trip. I showed them to Claire and she was all goo goo eyed over them.

Do they stitch the name on it right there at Sir Mickey's? We only have 1 set of ears from our first trip with Claire. I had a heck of a time finding a place to have her name stitched. I was told several places did it, but every park would name another park. And MK swore they didn't do it anywhere there at all. Which I found out later was not true. We ended up going to DTD and having her name embroidered at the Christmas shop.

Man, I can't believe you had so much trouble with that. We got some ears embroidered at the hat shop (The Chapeau????) a few years ago. I don't think we've had any done in the park again until we did these. And yes, they did them right there at Sir Mickey's. It was sort of pricey, but that might have been the style and thread color (we did them in gold). I don't remember how much, but it struck me as being pricey, even for Disney standards. Maybe $6-$7 just for the embroidery?

I love Katies capri outfit too. Does she just pull the top down so the straps don't show under her dresses?

And her dresses...WOW! gorgeous!

Thanks Jen. She wears a camisole under everything so she can just switch what's over it while we're waiting. The straps on the camisole don't show on most things, but occasionally slip out.

I have to agree about Cinderella too. I have to say the first word that came to mind was fugly.

LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
Drizella remembers you. i'm sure that the pink Cinderella dress is probably NEVER seen in the parks (except for you--so creative!).

Katie is quite well known among the characters (or so i've heard).
Hmmmm...... I still have my moments where I'm not sure I want to hear any of those discussions. "CRAZY lady with a camera and bag of costumes headed for Fantasyland....... RUN!!!!!"

Quote:
we've met her before and i agree. i'm pretty sure she is blonde (i don't know if it's a natural blonde though).

i will say, though, that the Cinderella we saw last time at 1900 Park Fare was the worst ever. the Tremaines and Prince Charming knew who Addie was and made a HUGE to-do over her. but Cinderella came up, signed, posed and left. she hardly said anything. and not that i expect her to go crazy over my child, but she just had zero personality.
We have had the BEST fun at 1900PF through the years, with one notabe exception. Katie and I were on our way to the Pirate and Princess Party in 08. We were both wearing Fairy Godmother costumes and all the stepsisters could muster wa "So, where you from? Want me to sign your book?" SERIOUSLY?????????

Fortunately........ we had one of our BEST Disney evenings EVER on this trip at 1900PF. That one's still to come.

Quote:
we'll share. we do call her "our" Drizella. and her picture is framed in A's room. in all of our trips, she is the one who has made the most impact on Addie. she really went over and above on our last trip. she's amazing.

and she is the original Drizella, so she's been greeting for over five years now. i hope that they don't ever take her away. she truly is the best. i've also written more than one letter to Guest Services about her. i included a picture on the last one, hoping she'd get some kudos.

(i clearly need to learn how to use multi quote.)
Well I continue to be amazed. She really is awesome. And tell Addie we said "Thanks for sharing". So next time we go back can we tell her Addie said hi?

Any time you guys see "our" Fairy Godmother, be sure to tell her Hi from "Kate" and Janet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
caught up on your mk day - great and fun pictures! that is so great that everyone remembers Katie, it must make her feel even more special!
Thanks Dara! It's a lot of fun. And as much as I want to head west to DL one day soon, it will be hard to miss seeing all our favorties at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Finally caught up. Always love to see a post come up that you updated your report. More and more great shots of your "Kate" and the dresses.

Any plans yet for this years trip Janet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
One of my favorites. That's a neat perspective.
Thanks Mike! And I do think our "Kate" is getting used to her name, although I'll have trouble one day switching to it. There are 3 Katie's in a class she goes to once a week, so she's now "Kate" in there.

I won't have firm plans for a while. I was leaning toward November, the week before Thanksgiving. That has traditionally been pretty slow. But with Veteran's Day one weekend, and Thanksgiving crowds slowly building the next weekend, I'm not sure about that option any more. Easywdw just posted their crowd calendar and I'm sort of not excited about the potential numbers those weekends. So I'm waiting for December. But it WILL be later this year.

Did I see you post something firm now about a return to DL this summer? If so........ then.......

How's the tennis season going? Timmy had a match yesterday and lost both singles and doubles, but it was very close on both, with a lot of back and forth, so it was fun to watch. And I think he's having fun with it. So it's all good.

And thanks for the comment on that shot. I know I took that from out in front of the Crystal Palace somewhere, but am having a hard time figuring out how I came up with that composition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselovenfamily View Post
Wow! Growing up quick isn't she!!! Great photos! Looked for ya at the Track meet the other day and and remembered you aren't there anymore! Tennis is great though and hopefully he's having fun!!

Can't wait for more!!
Well, I can safely say I'm not missing the track meets. I'm missing seeing Timmy run, but NOT missing sitting around for 3 hours waiting for a 5 minute race! It would have been fun to see you there. And Timmy's having fun, and I'm still having a good time figuring out how to photograph through that dang fence in tennis, but it's still all good.

How was your trip? I'd love to hear (and see) some details. You didn't break your camera again I hope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Loved your flash back pictures of Katie. Does she have her favorites that she asks you to remake for her? If you decide to go to DL on your next trip will you still go in Dec?
Thanks! I think that pink gown has always been one of her favorites. She had me remake the skirt (for added length) the following year. She now says that if we start going at Halloween, she wants to start the villains. Figures! But it sounds fun. I just don't know when we'll actually make it there for Halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Wow! You've had such wonderful interactions with the characters. That's incredible the memories on them.

And you MAKE those dresses? WOW! You are an incredibly talented seamstress AND photographer!

Many thanks! And yes, I make the dresses.

I have two quick questions for you:

1. On flickr, how do you make your pictures private, yet show up on here? When I tried that (at least the pictures with my friend and I) they would not show up on the Disboards.

I keep most of my photos public on Flickr. But had an issue with some comments on some of them once, and occasionally pick a few to keep private. Here's what I've found. If I mark the photo private THEN copy and paste the link, it still shows up. If I post the link, THEN take it private, the photo disappears. Go figure.

2. Do you scrapbook on line or by paper? What program do you use? (If on the computer.... ) You are incredible at that too. Is there anything you don't do?
Thanks again! Scrapbooking is actually my greatest passion. It has been a great outlet for me through the years. It has saved me tons of money in therapy fees!

I'm a paper scrapper. I use the computer to print photos and journaling, and sometimes to make photo collages, but then sit down with paper, ribbon and embellishments. My biggest problem now is trying to figure out where to keep putting the books. I might have to go digital one day just so I have room to keep it all! When I get a few minutes, I'll post some more pages. I have photos because I'm part of an online Disney scrapbook group on Yahoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAtLast View Post
A little (or a lot) late to your TR, but can't wait to catch up and read all about it! We had a great Halloween trip in October and I have been in mourning since we do not have another trip planned anytime soon and I couldn't bring myself to come to the Disboards!
Hey! Glad you found us! I totally understand not wanting to visit without another trip planned. Any hopes of something to come soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
you are my Favorite Person EVER! I love reading your reports or anything you do!!!! your meet and Greets are awesome (except the one ) your pictures are lovely your amazing craftsmanship is breathtaking!!!
you are my Disney Hero.
LOL! Thank you! Who wouldn't like to start their morning with that????
Old 04-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #725
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Between the Dis problems and my own crazy life, I had gotten behind. I LOVE that pink Cindy dress. Cortlyn would LOVE that!!!! I need to get settled in a home with a sewing room and start really getting into it again. The Dis is really inspiring me! I don't think I could ever be as good as you, but I could whip together some simple things for the parks!
Thanks! I really do hope you can get settled soon.

Have you done any sewing before?

Whether you have or have not, if you think you want to sew some Disney stuff, start watching the Disboutiquer thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2896055

There are people of all skill levels there, lot of help, and tons of inspiration. It might be fun to plot some things to try. You know..... while you're doing all this ..... waiting.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #726
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

I love the girls only Magic Kingdom morning!!!
Love the photos with the Princesses!

I have to agree about Cinderella. I usually don't say anything as well. I have a school teacher whose daughter works at Disney and at one time she was really close "friends" with Cindy. She was perfect!! I never though I could see her as anything else...until she became friends with Alice. It is like it's meant to be! She is perfect!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #727
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, I can safely say I'm not missing the track meets. I'm missing seeing Timmy run, but NOT missing sitting around for 3 hours waiting for a 5 minute race! It would have been fun to see you there. And Timmy's having fun, and I'm still having a good time figuring out how to photograph through that dang fence in tennis, but it's still all good.

How was your trip? I'd love to hear (and see) some details. You didn't break your camera again I hope?
I understand about the track meet. We were there from 3:30 to 6:45 the other day to watch Nathan throw for a total of 5 minutes. They threw last....oh my. We got there at the start because the week before we drove to Lees Summit, didn't know where they threw so we walked around the track to find they were throwing right behind where we parked on a lower field. They threw first and he was in the first flight...we missed it!!

Can you believe I've started a TR?? Come on over and see my trip and photography!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #728
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I understand about the track meet. We were there from 3:30 to 6:45 the other day to watch Nathan throw for a total of 5 minutes. They threw last....oh my. We got there at the start because the week before we drove to Lees Summit, didn't know where they threw so we walked around the track to find they were throwing right behind where we parked on a lower field. They threw first and he was in the first flight...we missed it!!

Can you believe I've started a TR?? Come on over and see my trip and photography!!!
I understand. We got to one of Timmy's meets last year to see him "warming up" in the infield. Turns out he was "cooling down" and we completely missed him. Sigh......

Tennis is better because the matches last so much longer. But shooting through that fence........ it's always something!

And I totally missed your TR link! Yeah! I'm so glad I'll get to see lots of your shots!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #729
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'll check in later on your TR. When I clicked the link, it gave me a blank spot to start a new thread!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #730
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll check in later on your TR. When I clicked the link, it gave me a blank spot to start a new thread!
Hummm.... I'll try to fix it tonight....off to work! I don't know what I'm doing wrong...it was working!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #731
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I love the girls only Magic Kingdom morning!!!
Love the photos with the Princesses!

I have to agree about Cinderella. I usually don't say anything as well. I have a school teacher whose daughter works at Disney and at one time she was really close "friends" with Cindy. She was perfect!! I never though I could see her as anything else...until she became friends with Alice. It is like it's meant to be! She is perfect!!
Thanks! I love the "girls only" days at the MK. We do some rides too, but it's not the only focus. There's nothing better than hanging out interacting with the characters, taking pictures of the castle, buying some ears, without needing to race from one ride to another. Of course, we used to be collecting fastpasses during that time to use later in the day. Now that we have to use them inside the window, that will add a wrinkle to it. But I'm sure we'll figure it out.

And I can totally see one of Cindy's friends also being friends with Alice.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #732
joy13
DIS Veteran

Hey stranger! I'm woahfully behind on my own trip report and every one else's too - uggh! I saw you posting in the November 2012 code thread - are you planning another trip? I've still got a pipe dream for one
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #733
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hummm.... I'll try to fix it tonight....off to work! I don't know what I'm doing wrong...it was working!
No problem. I found you! Now go work so you can take time off for the next track meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Hey stranger! I'm woahfully behind on my own trip report and every one else's too - uggh! I saw you posting in the November 2012 code thread - are you planning another trip? I've still got a pipe dream for one
Hey there! We're planning a trip, but won't commit on when for a while. I'm leaning more toward December. I was considering November but want to be sure the Fantasyland Expansion will be open (including Be Our Guest). I would be so sad if it got delayed and we just missed it.

But I won't commit until the fall deals come out. So are you planning a November trip?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #734
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

Finally am caught up - great report so far! I am still considering a TR - better late than never! My 10 year old was still happy to meet characters (although she said before the trip that she didn't want to!) but she would only wear appliquéd T shirts and shorts

And on a happy note - My DH, who is not a "hater",but merely tolerates my Disney obsession, has been looking at the WDW expansion ON HIS OWN with no prompts from me at all! so maybe we will have a trip planned by 2013!!!!

And I am also an avid paper scrapbooker - who has been lured to the dark side - LOL! I completed my October Disney trip digitally (using the Close to my Heart program) and it is already in an album!! Not ready to switch, but I have never finished a trip that quickly!!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #735
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:

It really IS fun planning Christmas themed stuff though. I have a couple new ideas for Katie for this year she has given me a preliminary go on. Different from what we've done before. No appliques but some updated style tops in an age appropriate style. I'm anxious to give it a try. She even liked an Alice top I proposed.

In my mind, I see some kind of appliques o a skirt or Capris, and I saw a awesome Mickey head shirt on esty, with a Santa hat and I could have Kadence's name as well on it. That would be for our MVMCP day/night

Oh man, don't encourage me! Actually, I just think we need a throne like that at home by our own tree!

Would by any chance that be your throne,

You are TOTALLY bad! And I love it! So have you looked over that November calendar yet? I know it's out, but I haven't had a chance. I'm still leaning toward December though, so no big rush here.

I love the openness of the secret! Yes, I've seen the Nov calendar. I'm kind bummed that the first party in the 9th (our only chance) I suppose it will be crazy/busy. Hopefully, with the marathon the next day, that will keep some people back at the resorts resting! Also, just 2 hours ago John said " how much to add another day!" It's nice to have a hubby that just talks himself into more and more! I need to let Jen know!

LOL! I guess I'm in good company. Tell Kadence she'll make a gorgeous Cindy at WDW one day. I think with Katie's dark hair she'll have to be Belle.

She actually wants to be Sleeping Beauty! But I agree, Katie would make a gorgeous Belle!

Hahaha, I just got an error message that my message was too short! Hopefully this sentence make it long enough!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: