Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #706
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

And I'm actually glad to hear the face characters love seeing photos online. Feeding their egos is far preferable to them turning us all in as stalkers!

There are some who post what days they'll be out and where they are and encourage people to come visit their "friend" because they want photos and/or video. So I don't know if it's that they really enjoy the guests...or just themselves. LOL
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #707
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
There are some who post what days they'll be out and where they are and encourage people to come visit their "friend" because they want photos and/or video. So I don't know if it's that they really enjoy the guests...or just themselves. LOL
LOL! Regardless, I'd rather meet a character hamming it up for the camera than one who just stands there......
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #708
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nope. I'm sure they've never seen that one before......

LEGS and FINS by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I too was really impressed with Drizella's memory. I guess our Fairy Godmother could have told her we were coming (since she knew) but I don't think she would have remembered the pink gown. I don't think we ever saw her in the pink gown that trip:

Cinderella in Pink Gown by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Those are MY beads! by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We've seen this dress before! by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I just realized it was the same Lady Tremaine too! I thought she looked young for the role, but man, she was even younger looking in 08!
Ok, I should have clarified that I bet they've never seen that dress from anyone OTHER than you! That is really cool that you saw the same CMs again though and I am still shocked that they remembered the dress. That must mean that it was pretty unique!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #709
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I have been having the worst issues with the DIS! And now, it's just starting to give me problems!UGH! I hope this goes through.

How amazing that the step-sisters called Katie by name! I can understand why though, you have an amazing talent and obvious love for the making of the costumes. I'd remember that too!

Katie looks beautiful as always and Kadence just loves her Sleeping Beauty Capri's set! I've been staring to look for something like that for Nov, with a Christmas flair too it.

I love early entry into the parks too. Nobody around, the fresh clean feeling. It's just too bad about the Lady with the crying kiddo. I've seen a few moments like that at Disney. Kadence had a moment like that on our first trip, she was unsure and didn't want out of the stoller for a picture so we went on our way and came back later when she was more agreeable. I hope that lady see's her pictures and feels bad!

My favorite picture out of all....... Katie sitting on the chair by the Christmas tree, legs thrown over the arm. All you would have needed was her in some Christmasy flannel jammmies and that would make a great Christmas card!

We really enjoyed these updates! Kadence and I are ready to go TODAY! She can't wait for next year!!! I can't wait for 6 months from now!

p.s. When Kadence saw the Cinderella, she said" What wrong with her eyebrows? LOL
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Last edited by Caretames1; 04-14-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #710
nannye
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mom2rtk;44497420]I'm really just looking for something different to experience at Disney. That one time we saw Spectro was a long time ago, so this would be close to new.

http://wdwnewstoday.com/attraction-updates

QUOTE]

Ok This news makes me SO EXCITED!!!!!! We saw Main Street Electrical Parade last august. and going back in july will be awesome to see a different parade!!!!!

Ok I'm back.... I'm been a bit off the boards for quite a while now, just busy busy, loads going on. I just caught up and so much to say. Love the pictures, The stepsister recognizing katie. LOVE the Fairy godmother costume....... So much

our Mary Poppins costume is almost done. My mom is NOT a seamstress and it looks okay. It definitely looks like Mary Poppins, just not quite what I had been envisioning when she decided espectially to put binding around the sleeves and the collar of the outerskirt before we put the ribbon/lace on . It looks dumb. but oh well. She is trying her best! V LOVES it tho. She doesn't realize it is mary poppins I don't think and she thinks it is for someone else and she is just trying it on to see if it would fit the other girl.

Awaiting the next update!!!!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #711
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am so mad at Dis...no notification you did an update.

What a wonderful experience with the step sisters. I love that extra magic you had!
And those ears are too cute....it may be a purchase we make next trip. I showed them to Claire and she was all goo goo eyed over them.

Do they stitch the name on it right there at Sir Mickey's? We only have 1 set of ears from our first trip with Claire. I had a heck of a time finding a place to have her name stitched. I was told several places did it, but every park would name another park. And MK swore they didn't do it anywhere there at all. Which I found out later was not true. We ended up going to DTD and having her name embroidered at the Christmas shop.

I love Katies capri outfit too. Does she just pull the top down so the straps don't show under her dresses?

And her dresses...WOW! gorgeous!

I have to agree about Cinderella too. I have to say the first word that came to mind was fugly.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #712
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:

In between Fairy Godmother sets, the Tremaines meet & greet in the same location. At first Katie didn't care to get in line. After all, we had just seen them Sunday night and we would be seeing them again at 1900PF later in the week. But I talked her into it, and I'm so glad she agreed. Drizella called Katie by name as we approached, which really surprised me. She looked familiar but she wasn' t the one we had seen Sunday night. We hadn't seen her at all this trip. She asked Katie what other gowns she had for this trip, and I gave her a glimpse of the special costume I had tucked into my bag. At one point she mentioned the pink Cindy gown Katie had worn on another trip. Man, she's good. That was 3 years ago! I'll never know if she really remembered Katie's name, or if our Fairy Godmother gave her a heads up, but it was really fun.
Drizella remembers you. i'm sure that the pink Cinderella dress is probably NEVER seen in the parks (except for you--so creative!).

Katie is quite well known among the characters (or so i've heard).

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)

Last edited by fairestoneofall; 04-15-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #713
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
12/13 Continued:

OK..... I try to be nice and not say anything too snarky about the character CM's we meet in the course of our trips. But honestly...... the Cinderella we met that morning....... Let's just say she didn't look a THING like Cinderella. Maybe it was the really DARK eyebrows..... but she wasn't even CLOSE to the real thing. She was nice as can be....... but it just didn't work for me.
we've met her before and i agree. i'm pretty sure she is blonde (i don't know if it's a natural blonde though).

i will say, though, that the Cinderella we saw last time at 1900 Park Fare was the worst ever. the Tremaines and Prince Charming knew who Addie was and made a HUGE to-do over her. but Cinderella came up, signed, posed and left. she hardly said anything. and not that i expect her to go crazy over my child, but she just had zero personality.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)

Last edited by fairestoneofall; 04-15-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #714
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think fairestoneofall would probably have to fight me for Drizella. They laid claim to her as well! Which actually speaks volumes about how wonderful she is with the guests.

I think I want to do a scrapbook page just on our various Tremaine meets this trip. I lost track. It was either 5 or 6 times!
we'll share. we do call her "our" Drizella. and her picture is framed in A's room. in all of our trips, she is the one who has made the most impact on Addie. she really went over and above on our last trip. she's amazing.

and she is the original Drizella, so she's been greeting for over five years now. i hope that they don't ever take her away. she truly is the best. i've also written more than one letter to Guest Services about her. i included a picture on the last one, hoping she'd get some kudos.

(i clearly need to learn how to use multi quote.)

Last edited by fairestoneofall; 04-15-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #715
dara00
DIS Veteran

caught up on your mk day - great and fun pictures! that is so great that everyone remembers Katie, it must make her feel even more special!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #716
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Finally caught up. Always love to see a post come up that you updated your report. More and more great shots of your "Kate" and the dresses.

Any plans yet for this years trip Janet?

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #717
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
TUESDAY December 13th: MAGIC KINGDOM:

IMG_6237 by mom2rtk, on Flickr
One of my favorites. That's a neat perspective.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #718
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Wow! Growing up quick isn't she!!! Great photos! Looked for ya at the Track meet the other day and and remembered you aren't there anymore! Tennis is great though and hopefully he's having fun!!

Can't wait for more!!

Last edited by mouselovenfamily; 04-17-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #719
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Loved your flash back pictures of Katie. Does she have her favorites that she asks you to remake for her? If you decide to go to DL on your next trip will you still go in Dec?
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #720
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Wow! You've had such wonderful interactions with the characters. That's incredible the memories on them.

And you MAKE those dresses? WOW! You are an incredibly talented seamstress AND photographer!

I have two quick questions for you:

1. On flickr, how do you make your pictures private, yet show up on here? When I tried that (at least the pictures with my friend and I) they would not show up on the Disboards.

2. Do you scrapbook on line or by paper? What program do you use? (If on the computer.... ) You are incredible at that too. Is there anything you don't do?
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: