Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #691
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

I love that you and Katie have your very own Fairy Godmother. Julia and I visited her that same morning too. Beautiful pictures as always!
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 04-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #692
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Thanks for all the kind words Rinky! I'm afraid I've gotten way behind on your TR but have it open on my desktop to catch up soon! I still haven't even finished your Epcot day!
I know you just don't want to read about Epcot!

Just kidding! Please don't feel bad about getting behind on my TR. I know everyone is busy and just does this Dis thing for fun whenever they can find the time. Besides, even if you never read another word of my TR, I'm still going to read yours! I promise I'm not keeping score.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #693
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
Oh Man! I didn't want to say anything either...but boy! She really doesn't look like Cinderella! And her smile looks kinda like she's in pain. Maybe something happened to the scheduled Cinderella and this girl had to step in cause she just happened to be backstage at the time and was trained as a princess.
LOL! I really didn't want to say anything. But really..... she has to have really dark hair, and I'm afraid the blonde wig just doesn't do it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Before I got down far enough to read this last bit of text, I thought the same thing. That Cindy is not how I envision Cindy either. Somebody in casting needs to revisit that assignment.

Great pictures as always!
Glad to hear I wasn't alone in my thoughts on the matter......

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Akershus looks awesome, of course!
You take suuuch amazing pictures, theyíre so fantastic! Gotta love the no wait for Test Track. I did really enjoy the idea of Soarin, but I just caní deal with it, the way the screen works, just makes me nauseas, booourns.

Pick A Pearl is something Iíve kinda always wanted to do, but Iím still not sure

Oh Pop Century lobby! Iím home! Especially at ChristmasÖso awesome!
An empty Main St is so magical! I need to start taking longer trips so that I can have 1 day of MK with the rope drop ceremony, and one day of getting in early for that empty sight! I love it with the Christmas wreaths too!
The Poohís stuffed French toast is half of why I made the CP ressie for next week, SO EXCITED to try it!
Also just have to say that itís raining outside at home right now, and in CP with some hot chocolate would be the best place to be!
AH! Adorable pic of tigger & Katie!
Wow that Cinderella dress is fantastically amazing!! I have to say, I was looking for some adult princess costumes online for Halloween earlier, and definitely found your etsy! So much incredible work!
My gosh thatís so incredible that Drizella remembered Katie & the pink dress! (defs one of my faves!) it definitely proves that you guys are memorable!
So many great costumes! I love that you guys also have some of the less classic ones, like the kiss the girl, and the pink Cinderella. It must be awesome for the characters to see a dress they donít usually see our & about in the parks!
Iíve met the same Cinderella & I have to agree, I donít think her & Cindy really match up that well

OK, I was going to just put my replies in red, but all of a sudden the text colors aren't working for me. Not surprising given the other oddities that have been going on here on the DIS today!

1) That's a shame about Soarin. I LOVE the sensation of flying that goes with Soarin.....

2) You should try Pick a Pearl. It doesn't have to require a big outlay for an expensive setting. I just got Katie a pearl cage on ebay before we left. And it's a lot of fun to watch the ceremony unfold.

3) Isn't it awesome when you walk into the resort and just feel like you're home? Although after thoroughly photographing the POP this last trip, I DO find myself thinking it would be cool to try something else. AoA would be grand, but I'd be surprised if they offered free dining there in Nov or Dec.

4) You really should do everything you can to get early park entry into the MK. It's worth its weight in gold. We entered with the crowds twice on this trip, and I think it really just loses something. Or maybe I'm spoiled?

5) Thanks for the kind words on the Cindy gown. I really did like how it turned out. And we certainly got a lot of use out of it. I think this last update was it though. And yes, we have had TONS of fun with the lesser known character costumes. Probably more fun than with the more well-known costumes. We love to try and stump the CM's. I made a copy of the gown Cindy wears in the parade and loved it when a couple CM's stopped us to tell us they knew it was the parade gown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
I love that you and Katie have your very own Fairy Godmother. Julia and I visited her that same morning too. Beautiful pictures as always!

Thanks Glennie! I definitely want to go to WDW this year, but am considering DL for 2013. So how sad is it that I'm having a hard time getting over the fact that we'd miss our Fairy Godmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I know you just don't want to read about Epcot!

Just kidding! Please don't feel bad about getting behind on my TR. I know everyone is busy and just does this Dis thing for fun whenever they can find the time. Besides, even if you never read another word of my TR, I'm still going to read yours! I promise I'm not keeping score.
LOL! You kill me. I can read about other people going to Epcot. Heck, I can even say I LIKE Epcot. But do I want to give up a 4th or 5th day in the Magic Kingdom to go there myself........ Hmmmmm....... THAT.... is the iquestion!

And yes, I WILL catch up. My comments just might be a little out of sync when I do post them. Maybe I'll just blame them on the time warp that IS the DIS these days!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #694
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I am so so so so so so impressed with your stepsister interaction! That is awesome that she called Katie by name and remembered a dress from 3 years ago! ONLY at Disney! Actually all your CM interaction was pretty impressive (well except for that Cindy ). I mean, that lady working at CP for all those years really says a lot about the company. They must be wonderful to work for!

Love all the character pic and outfits! The FG outfit is so unique! Love it! And the Ariel dress... I bet they've never seen that one before! I really love the capri set too. My DD would love that one. She hates wearing costumes b/c they are 'itchy and hot' but I'm sure I could get her to wear that! Very cute!

Love the slipper ears too! Just perfect!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #695
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I am so so so so so so impressed with your stepsister interaction! That is awesome that she called Katie by name and remembered a dress from 3 years ago! ONLY at Disney! Actually all your CM interaction was pretty impressive (well except for that Cindy ). I mean, that lady working at CP for all those years really says a lot about the company. They must be wonderful to work for!

Love all the character pic and outfits! The FG outfit is so unique! Love it! And the Ariel dress... I bet they've never seen that one before! I really love the capri set too. My DD would love that one. She hates wearing costumes b/c they are 'itchy and hot' but I'm sure I could get her to wear that! Very cute!

Love the slipper ears too! Just perfect!
Nope. I'm sure they've never seen that one before......

LEGS and FINS by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I too was really impressed with Drizella's memory. I guess our Fairy Godmother could have told her we were coming (since she knew) but I don't think she would have remembered the pink gown. I don't think we ever saw her in the pink gown that trip:

Cinderella in Pink Gown by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Those are MY beads! by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We've seen this dress before! by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I just realized it was the same Lady Tremaine too! I thought she looked young for the role, but man, she was even younger looking in 08!

Last edited by mom2rtk; 04-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #696
Scraps-of-heaven
Earning My Ears

Oh I love how the capris turned out! So cute!! And Aria is squealing over those cinderella slipper ears. :0) I really hope we can meet up with you two in Disney some time, after years of emailing it would be kinda like a family reunion. LOL

Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #697
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Okay... those Cinderella ears have GOT to be the coolest ears. EVER.

I can't believe I've never seen them!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #698
kwitcherkicken99

I just showed DD the Cindy ears and she flipped!

She also lamented that she wanted Katie's outfit!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #699
kwitcherkicken99

And finally...

WOW, just WOW! At the memory of the CMs.

I've always wondered what the life expectancy of a character CM is.

I'm in awe that you have your own Fairy Godmother, but you've also got your own Tremaines!

Now we're going to have to come up with new virtual MNSSHP costumes - the Tremaines are covered!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #700
Finally08
DIS Veteran

LOVE that Drizella....this last trip we saw her a couple times. She ran across the parade route screaming "MY BABY EUGGEEENNNEE!!" and tried snatching Layla's Flynn doll days after we'd met her.
But then there are a LOT of CMs here...and on other websites (ahem, tumblr) and I've seen some of your photos with Katie pop up a few times. So I definitely think some of the character friends "know" who certain guests are....whether from previous interactions, or shall we call it...internet notoriety? lol

BTW...hurry up and get to the next MVMCP!!!!
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Old 04-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #701
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraps-of-heaven View Post
Oh I love how the capris turned out! So cute!! And Aria is squealing over those cinderella slipper ears. :0) I really hope we can meet up with you two in Disney some time, after years of emailing it would be kinda like a family reunion. LOL
How's next week?

Heck, how's TOMORROW?

The villains and Rapunzel capri sets will be coming up in the next 2 days of the trip. I thought they turned out great. Kudos to you as one of my partners in crime for helping me get those together so last minute..... as always!

And I came to Colorado last year. It's your year to come to Missouri. Sorry, but there's not as much to do here though......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Okay... those Cinderella ears have GOT to be the coolest ears. EVER.

I can't believe I've never seen them!
I loved them when I saw them, but didn't even suggest them. Katie's been acting all grown up and I didn't think she'd go for it. Imagine my surprise when she asked me for a pair! Not much arm twisting needed there!

Quote:
I just showed DD the Cindy ears and she flipped!

She also lamented that she wanted Katie's outfit!
I have a thing for the Fairies from Sleeping Beauty so I really enjoyed that outfit too. Heck, maybe I'll have to make one for ME next time! OK, maybe not.......

Quote:
And finally...

WOW, just WOW! At the memory of the CMs.

I've always wondered what the life expectancy of a character CM is.

I'm in awe that you have your own Fairy Godmother, but you've also got your own Tremaines!

Now we're going to have to come up with new virtual MNSSHP costumes - the Tremaines are covered!
I think fairestoneofall would probably have to fight me for Drizella. They laid claim to her as well! Which actually speaks volumes about how wonderful she is with the guests.

I think I want to do a scrapbook page just on our various Tremaine meets this trip. I lost track. It was either 5 or 6 times!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #702
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
LOVE that Drizella....this last trip we saw her a couple times. She ran across the parade route screaming "MY BABY EUGGEEENNNEE!!" and tried snatching Layla's Flynn doll days after we'd met her.
But then there are a LOT of CMs here...and on other websites (ahem, tumblr) and I've seen some of your photos with Katie pop up a few times. So I definitely think some of the character friends "know" who certain guests are....whether from previous interactions, or shall we call it...internet notoriety? lol

BTW...hurry up and get to the next MVMCP!!!!
Hey there! Your timing is impeccable! This last update took us up through our break that afternoon. The next post will include that night's party, which should be of interst to you!

I was thinking about you last week..... I did a little scrapbooking...... Here's a little sneak peek........

Story to follow soon enough........

onamission by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I did used to worry about whether the CM's thought I was a freak or something. But I eventually just let it go and assume they are all as crazy about Disney as we are. And I think for the most part they are. I've had some really nice emails from some of them who ran across us on Flickr. One Belle wrote to tell me she loved all the costume fun and hoped she had a daughter to do the same thing with one day. It gave me reassurance that they probably won't call out the men in white coats next time they see us.....
Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #703
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Hey there! Your timing is impeccable! This last update took us up through our break that afternoon. The next post will include that night's party, which should be of interst to you!

I was thinking about you last week..... I did a little scrapbooking...... Here's a little sneak peek........

Story to follow soon enough........

onamission by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I did used to worry about whether the CM's thought I was a freak or something. But I eventually just let it go and assume they are all as crazy about Disney as we are. And I think for the most part they are. I've had some really nice emails from some of them who ran across us on Flickr. One Belle wrote to tell me she loved all the costume fun and hoped she had a daughter to do the same thing with one day. It gave me reassurance that they probably won't call out the men in white coats next time they see us.....

Oooh ooh new photos I've never seen! You know today was Layla's birthday...she was so sad that Flynn didn't send her any type of message. She has high hopes. lol.
I can't wait to see those BIGGER....we need some new Flynn spam.

And I think some of the face characters in particular LOVE seeing themselves online....so they love people who love them, if that makes sense.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Old 04-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #704
OllieDannyandMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oooh ooh new photos I've never seen! You know today was Layla's birthday...she was so sad that Flynn didn't send her any type of message. She has high hopes. lol.

And I think some of the face characters in particular LOVE seeing themselves online....so they love people who love them, if that makes sense.
Happy Birthday, Layla! Today is my birthday, too. Janet, your pictures are beautiful. Somewhere around the ones of Katie at the wishing well, I started to tear up. And seeing her in those mouse ears just sent me over the edge. It is all so beautiful. Evie and I are looking forward to our next trip this August. Can't wait!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #705
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy Birthday Layla!

I don't remember now which photos I sent you, but the rest of these will be on Flickr shortly, once I post them here.

And I'm actually glad to hear the face characters love seeing photos online. Feeding their egos is far preferable to them turning us all in as stalkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieDannyandMe View Post
Happy Birthday, Layla! Today is my birthday, too. Janet, your pictures are beautiful. Somewhere around the ones of Katie at the wishing well, I started to tear up. And seeing her in those mouse ears just sent me over the edge. It is all so beautiful. Evie and I are looking forward to our next trip this August. Can't wait!
Happy birthday Amy!

Your August trip is probably starting to seem close now with the school year winding down. My kids will be out in 5 or 6 weeks. I think Timmy is more than ready for summer. This weekend he has a tennis match on Saturday and Spanish Honor Society and a practice Chemistry AP exam at school on Sunday. I feel sorry for him!

So are you coming back with your own pair of Cinderella mouse ears this summer?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: