Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #676
Nalshersmom
Earning My Ears

All of your dresses are amazing! I love reading your TR!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #677
MNTwinsMom
Mouseketeer

Hi Janet
I have not posted on you TRs for quite awhile, but I've been following along and enjoying your adventures and all the new and beautiful dresses!
I'm writing to ask permission to share a couple of your photos with my 3 year old niece who recently fell in love with the Disney princesses. I have a private Instagram account where I post pics to share with her and when I posted a pic of Cinderella's castle from my recent trip she asked for one of Cinderella in front of the castle. I guess she wants proof it is really Cindy's castle! Do you mind if I share the beautiful pic you took of Cindy and her Prince in front of the castle in your last TR when Dream Along With Mickey was cancelled. I think that is one of the most beautiful pics of Cinderella I have seen. If okay I'll also share the Snow White pic and tell her they were visiting Cinderella.
It's a private account so I won't be taking credit for your wonderful photos, just trying to encourage and support a little girls love of princesses. Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #678
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm still debating if I'll do a report. We really had a good time. I have so many great memories to share and lots of fun photos. It's just that it takes a lot of time that I don't seem to have.
Well, I'd love to read. And no flame throwing if you get behind. I'm not exactly the best at that myself you know.....

Of course, one of the real advantages of doing a TR is that your photos are all sorted and edited when you're ready to scrap them......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalshersmom View Post
All of your dresses are amazing! I love reading your TR!
Many thanks! And

I'm glad you're reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTwinsMom View Post
Hi Janet
I have not posted on you TRs for quite awhile, but I've been following along and enjoying your adventures and all the new and beautiful dresses!
I'm writing to ask permission to share a couple of your photos with my 3 year old niece who recently fell in love with the Disney princesses. I have a private Instagram account where I post pics to share with her and when I posted a pic of Cinderella's castle from my recent trip she asked for one of Cinderella in front of the castle. I guess she wants proof it is really Cindy's castle! Do you mind if I share the beautiful pic you took of Cindy and her Prince in front of the castle in your last TR when Dream Along With Mickey was cancelled. I think that is one of the most beautiful pics of Cinderella I have seen. If okay I'll also share the Snow White pic and tell her they were visiting Cinderella.
It's a private account so I won't be taking credit for your wonderful photos, just trying to encourage and support a little girls love of princesses. Thanks!
Hi again!

No problem at all. Thanks for asking!

If you need files, let me know.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #679
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous Belle dress! Just as pretty if not prettier than the original!

I do the same as you and use my time stamp on my pictures to keep up with most of what we do. I also take pictures just for the sake of TR writing and time keeping. It just works for me.

I agree that the new FP rules are going to be a pain. I'm not looking forward to it either. IMO, the only park that it won't be a huge deal at is DHS.

I thought the same thing as you about Soarin' also. I am very surprised that they have not cleaned that screen or whatever it is they need to do to get rid of the streaks and black marks. Very annoying!

Great jellyfish shot! That's a tough one! I've never gotten one that wasn't blurry.

So was the food at the Teppan Edo good? I've debated eating there, but hated to 'waste' a dining credit there when we have a place like that here at home. We may end up there eventually though. Your chef looked like lots of fun!

Awesome TT picture too!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #680
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Happy Easter!

Old 04-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #681
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Happy Easter!

Thanks Jenn!

And HAPPY EASTER everyone!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #682
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Katie looks stunning in her Belle dress -you always do such an incredible job! What do the characters say when they see your dresses?
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 04-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #683
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Wow! I'm all caught up. You are an amazing photographer! Those pictures are incredible! And mostly handheld.... just... WOW! Thanks for sharing them all. (And the tip on that lens... I can't wait to have it in my hands!)
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 04-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #684
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Did you guys think I got lost? Sorry...... life's just crazy right now. Between Timmy's tennis schedule, and Katie starting softball practice..... I've been in peak "crazy running" schedule.

I'm working on an udate and hope to have one in a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Gorgeous Belle dress! Just as pretty if not prettier than the original!

I do the same as you and use my time stamp on my pictures to keep up with most of what we do. I also take pictures just for the sake of TR writing and time keeping. It just works for me.

I agree that the new FP rules are going to be a pain. I'm not looking forward to it either. IMO, the only park that it won't be a huge deal at is DHS.

I thought the same thing as you about Soarin' also. I am very surprised that they have not cleaned that screen or whatever it is they need to do to get rid of the streaks and black marks. Very annoying!

Great jellyfish shot! That's a tough one! I've never gotten one that wasn't blurry.

So was the food at the Teppan Edo good? I've debated eating there, but hated to 'waste' a dining credit there when we have a place like that here at home. We may end up there eventually though. Your chef looked like lots of fun!

Awesome TT picture too!
Thanks for all the kind words Rinky! I'm afraid I've gotten way behind on your TR but have it open on my desktop to catch up soon! I still haven't even finished your Epcot day!

Teppan Edo WAS good. I never like to use it as one of our Epcot ADR's because I want to try something new. But I alway seem to get outvoted. But thei food IS good, and the experiece is great, so it's not like you will have a bad experience there. It's just that it's something we can do at home, so I don't want to NOT do something else to do that.

I also don't think the FP enforcement will be a huge problem at DHS..... unless you want to do what Katie and I did and ride RnR 5 times in one day..... That one's still coming up.......

I've been trying for that jellyfish shot for a while. It's hard to get a shutter speed fast enough to avoid blur. AND it's hard just to get the camera to focus in such low light. The smart and capable photographer would switch t manual fous. But I guess that's not me, because I never do. I'm just too lazy to practice, then never want to try it on my brief opportunty on the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Katie looks stunning in her Belle dress -you always do such an incredible job! What do the characters say when they see your dresses?
Thanks Glennie! Through the years, I think Belle has been my favorite princess to make. And it's tons of fun to watch the characters' reactions to Katie's gowns. Through the years we've made some character friends as a result and ended up with more than our share of magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Wow! I'm all caught up. You are an amazing photographer! Those pictures are incredible! And mostly handheld.... just... WOW! Thanks for sharing them all. (And the tip on that lens... I can't wait to have it in my hands!)
Many thanks DisneyFreak! Glad you found us over here!

You really can't go wrong with this lens. I noticed the difference from the first day I put it on my camera.

I've always said the most expensive lens is the one you have to buy twice...... meaning that if you don't get the one you want in the beginning, you'll just be right back in the market shopping for another one soon enough.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #685
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

TUESDAY December 13th: MAGIC KINGDOM:

This was our really early morning. Drew had to leave on the 6:15 Magical Express. Oddly enough, his bus was actually a Disney Cruise Lines bus. It was on time and we said good-bye. Once the bus left, I took a few pictures around the POP and we went back to the room to get ready for our day.

IMG_6193 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6194 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6195 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6198 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6200 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We had early ADR's at Crystal Palace and would be doing the Christmas party that night. So I had to decide if we should bring what we needed for the entire day, or just the morning and take a mid-day break. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I opted for the mid-day break plan. While I organized..... Katie dug out Bubbles and decided to put on a show.....

IMG_6206 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

This was also the best day to try for family of the day. So maybe this is my second strike in the "getting old" column, but I decided to pass on that. There are lots of reasons. First, I have continued to read any post on the DIS related to being chosen family of the day. Second, this was our 5th park day and I was wearing down a bit. Third, I was really looking to sitting in the Crystal Palace with Katie sharing our hot cocoa and talking about our day. Fourth, they changed the setup at the gates. The early ADR people now line up on the same side where I expected them to pick the FOTD. Given that our plan would be to CLAIM to not have an ADR, then skulk over to the ADR line when we saw them choose someone else, I wanted a little more than a few feet available for skulking. Fifth, RIGHT before we left, I read an account of a woman and her daughter who got to the gates super early, chatted it up with the CM's in secret hopes of being chosen, then watched as they chose the family that walked up behind them. So....... we didn't even try.
The "funny" part is that when we got there at 7:40 we got right into the ADR line. It was only then that I looked over to the turnstiles and saw........... NOBODY. Yep. NOBODY. I didn't beat myself up too much over this. And it DID cross my mind that we could try sneaking over, claiming to have been in the wrong place. But honestly, there was no way to know at that point if they had already chosen somebody and taken them into the park. So I let it go......... and just a moment later we were let into the park.

Maybe next trip? Who knows. I would TOTALLY give up my $10 per head CC guarantee at Crystal Palace to be chosen..... Hmmmmm...... we'll see. I'd also like to see some reports about whether they change the experience to more like it was before with the huge character meeting and riding in on the train.

IMG_6213 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6217 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I truly am addicted to early park entry. There is nothing better than walking in and being able to SEE the park instead of fighting the crowds around us. We took a few shots on Main Street and headed for the castle. This is where we got to our "yuck" moment of the trip. Katie and I still grimace when we recall it.....

IMG_6218 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We were in line for pictures in front of the castle and there was a woman right in front of us alone with a small girl around 4. While waiting for their turn, she was trying to get the girl out of her stroller. The girl was obviously very tired and didn't want to get out. As we stood there, we had a front row seat to the escalating interaction. By the time their turn came, the mom was yelling at the girl and threatening to take her to the bathroom for a "discussion". I guess I regret not saying something to her, but honestly couldn't believe I was standing in front of Cinderella's castle listening to this. The mom finally got the girl out of the stroller and got a few photos of her holding her crying child. It took me a few minutes to shake that off.

IMG_6224 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

See the red jacket behind us in the above photo? That's her. Yuck.

We shook it off and headed for the Crystal Palace.

IMG_6236 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6237 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Breakfast at the Crystal Palace was lovely as always. It was great to sit there in gorgeous surroundings planning our day. And it was even BETTER to know we would not be stepping out into a bitter cold morning like last year! The Pooh characters were fine, but not really the reason we were there. The highlight of breakfast for me was Pooh's puffed toast! I had read comments about it on the DIS, but had never tried it. I made such a fuss about it, Katie surprised me by getting me more on her next trip to the buffet. I just love when she sees I like something , then says "I'll be right back" then shows up with more of what I like. I returned the favor by ordering hot cocoa for her while she was at the buffet.

IMG_6246 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6249 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6256 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6261 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6268 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

The server we had looked VERY familiar so I asked how long she had been there. She said over 20 years, and I was pretty sure we must have had her as a server before. We settled our bill and were on our way out into the Magic Kingdom for some girl fun!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #686
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

12/13 Continued:

IMG_6273 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Our first stop for that day was already planned. We had a very important date......... to find our Fairy Godmother! Schedules indicated she would be out at 9 then again at 9:45. I think we just missed her first set but decided to wait around for the second set.

IMG_6282 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6275 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6277 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

The guy working in the shop saw us waiting and offered to pixiedust Katie:

IMG_6278 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6280 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6284 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

In between Fairy Godmother sets, the Tremaines meet & greet in the same location. At first Katie didn't care to get in line. After all, we had just seen them Sunday night and we would be seeing them again at 1900PF later in the week. But I talked her into it, and I'm so glad she agreed. Drizella called Katie by name as we approached, which really surprised me. She looked familiar but she wasn' t the one we had seen Sunday night. We hadn't seen her at all this trip. She asked Katie what other gowns she had for this trip, and I gave her a glimpse of the special costume I had tucked into my bag. At one point she mentioned the pink Cindy gown Katie had worn on another trip. Man, she's good. That was 3 years ago! I'll never know if she really remembered Katie's name, or if our Fairy Godmother gave her a heads up, but it was really fun.

IMG_6286 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6288 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6289 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6291 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

And back to waiting......

IMG_6293 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Soon enough, we were treated to our own personal reunion with the Fairy Godmother. As always, it is awesome to walk up and have her call us by name. I love that she calls Katie "Kate". It's like she KNOWS that when we named her Katie, I always envisioned her as "Kate" as an adult.

IMG_6296 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6298 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

[img]http://*****************************/7069172101_6db82b8909_z.jpg[/img]
IMG_6307 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We met her with Katie in her winter Cindy gown, then we circled around to the back of the line so we could pull out our surprise.

I had last done a Fairy Godmother costume for Katie in 08, our first time meeting this Fairy Godmother. I thought it would be fun to surprise her with another one this time. It was hard to get our photos since the wind was playing havoc with the costume, but it was fun anyway.

IMG_6314 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6315 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6318 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6319 by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Old 04-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #687
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

12/13 Continued:

Once we were done catching up with our Fairy Godmother, we walked into Sir Mickey's. Katie saw the Cinderella slipper ears and asked for a pair. Given all the Cinderella fun we had just had, how could I say no? I knew she wouldn't wear them a LOT, but she did wear them for a while and they are great keepsake. Does it get any better than having your 11 year old, the one who's growing up WAY too fast........... ask and want to wear personalized mouse ears in the Magic Kingdom?

IMG_6321 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6324 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6325 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6329 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Katie got to choose our next destination. Surprise, surprise... she chose Space Mountain! So we headed over behind the castle toward Cosmic Rays to change before heading for Tomorrowland. On the way we stopped at Cinderella's wishing well for what turned out to be my favorite pictures of Katie in this Cinderella gown.

IMG_6334 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6338 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6342 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

After riding Space Mountain, I wanted to meet Ariel and Prince Eric, so we headed back across the park toward Adventureland. The line was closed, but they told us when they'd be back. We had just enough time to ride something, and Katie chose BTMRR. I honestly lost count on how many times we rode that this trip. I'm sure glad we won't be there during the time it's closed this spring. Now that Katie's finally riding thrill rides, we're having a ball with it.

IMG_6361 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6353 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

When we got back to Adventureland, the line for Ariel and Eric's next set had already filled most of the queuing area so we got into it quickly. We were done there around 12:30 and headed for the front of the park.

IMG_6414 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6416 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6421 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6425 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I really loved Katie's Aurora capri set she wore that day. The top was one I had reworked from a prior trip, and Gretchen made the fairies as patches for me so I could put them on capris. I wanted some photos of her in the outfit and what better place to get them than with Aurora herself? The princess line was short, and we were on the bus by 1. It had been a full but fun morning of girly fun.

IMG_6430 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6432 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6433 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6436 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6438 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6439 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6443 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6445 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6446 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6448 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

On the way out, we couldn't just walk past the sewing machine agan without playing a little more.......

IMG_6453 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

OK..... I try to be nice and not say anything too snarky about the character CM's we meet in the course of our trips. But honestly...... the Cinderella we met that morning....... Let's just say she didn't look a THING like Cinderella. Maybe it was the really DARK eyebrows..... but she wasn't even CLOSE to the real thing. She was nice as can be....... but it just didn't work for me.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #688
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Oh Man! I didn't want to say anything either...but boy! She really doesn't look like Cinderella! And her smile looks kinda like she's in pain. Maybe something happened to the scheduled Cinderella and this girl had to step in cause she just happened to be backstage at the time and was trained as a princess.

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #689
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
OK..... I try to be nice and not say anything too snarky about the character CM's we meet in the course of our trips. But honestly...... the Cinderella we met that morning....... Let's just say she didn't look a THING like Cinderella. Maybe it was the really DARK eyebrows..... but she wasn't even CLOSE to the real thing. She was nice as can be....... but it just didn't work for me.
Before I got down far enough to read this last bit of text, I thought the same thing. That Cindy is not how I envision Cindy either. Somebody in casting needs to revisit that assignment.

Great pictures as always!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #690
katt789
DIS Veteran

Akershus looks awesome, of course!
You take suuuch amazing pictures, theyíre so fantastic! Gotta love the no wait for Test Track. I did really enjoy the idea of Soarin, but I just caní deal with it, the way the screen works, just makes me nauseas, booourns.
Pick A Pearl is something Iíve kinda always wanted to do, but Iím still not sure
Oh Pop Century lobby! Iím home! Especially at ChristmasÖso awesome!
An empty Main St is so magical! I need to start taking longer trips so that I can have 1 day of MK with the rope drop ceremony, and one day of getting in early for that empty sight! I love it with the Christmas wreaths too!
The Poohís stuffed French toast is half of why I made the CP ressie for next week, SO EXCITED to try it!
Also just have to say that itís raining outside at home right now, and in CP with some hot chocolate would be the best place to be!
AH! Adorable pic of tigger & Katie!
Wow that Cinderella dress is fantastically amazing!! I have to say, I was looking for some adult princess costumes online for Halloween earlier, and definitely found your etsy! So much incredible work!
My gosh thatís so incredible that Drizella remembered Katie & the pink dress! (defs one of my faves!) it definitely proves that you guys are memorable!
So many great costumes! I love that you guys also have some of the less classic ones, like the kiss the girl, and the pink Cinderella. It must be awesome for the characters to see a dress they donít usually see our & about in the parks!
Iíve met the same Cinderella & I have to agree, I donít think her & Cindy really match up that well

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: