Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #661
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Look at you go this morning!!!

As always the photos are fab! Especially the ones in Mexico and China!

Concerning the Soarin' specs - this is where I give the ride a lot of leeway about the "dirt"... Shooting at the type of large format that they used for the IMAX-sized screens, you cannot avoid dust. Period. You can try but it cannot be even 85% dust free. Trust me. I got dust all the time with my 4x5 no matter how hard I tried.

I think it's easier to see because of all of the sky.

And as for Teppan... I thought our guy was cool but to see your chef... I'M SO JEALOUS!!! I was a hidden Mickey onion volcano!
Well, the journaling was done and the photos were edited. So this was the easy part.

What you say makes sense about Soarin, especially the part about it being easier to see against the sky. But I just seems like it has gotten worse over time.

And our Chef at Teppan Edo was TONS of fun. I was exhausted by that point but he really perked me up. He was very interactive. I'm hungry though just thinking about it again!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #662
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Kadence is thrilled with the Princess pictures and of course "the Dress"!

Totally amazing job on the dress, an exact copy! Kadence said she wouldn't have worn it to eat either!

Beautiful Epcot photos, and it was nice to see Soarin (our fav ride!)

I bet someday, you will have the best time really checking out Epcot and photographing all the details!

Did he like his hot sauce?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #663
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Thanks! I really loved sitting there shooting the parade. I need to see more parades on our next trip. I hear they're bringing Spectro back this summer, so I'll definitely have to see that one. And we completely missed the afternoon parade in the MK this time. I'd love to see them switch that one up sometime soon.
REALLY! I am so excited. Skip's words after MSEP..."what happened to the good parade?"

Another fabulous update! That dress is just gorgeous. I agree about the FP enforcement in Epcot. That is going to be a pain.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #664
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Kadence is thrilled with the Princess pictures and of course "the Dress"!

Totally amazing job on the dress, an exact copy! Kadence said she wouldn't have worn it to eat either!

Beautiful Epcot photos, and it was nice to see Soarin (our fav ride!)

I bet someday, you will have the best time really checking out Epcot and photographing all the details!

Did he like his hot sauce?
Thanks! I'm glad I did the ultimate Belle for this trip. Probably no Belle next trip. I think Katie will go for a couple costumes, but probably not Belle. She doesn't want to go back to Akershus either. Says she hates the food there. Do they serve food? I'm not a fan of the lunch and dinner selections, but I thought she'd be ok with bacon and eggs. Not that it matters, it's time to try some new things in Epcot next time anyway.

We really did just WHIZ past most of the World Showcase this time. Even more so than usual.... so yes..... there is still much there waiting for us to discover later.

I'm not sure if Robbie liked the hot sauce. He hasn't used it much, so I guess that's not a good sign. Sigh...... I tried. He's a tough kid to buy for. He DID like all the cans of iced tea he got with $10 bills attached to them. He does love tea. Oh, and cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
REALLY! I am so excited. Skip's words after MSEP..."what happened to the good parade?"

Another fabulous update! That dress is just gorgeous. I agree about the FP enforcement in Epcot. That is going to be a pain.

Thanks Jen! I made a similar Belle in 09 but just enough time had passed that I had to reinvent the wheel. But I was happy with it. That's as close as I will be able to get. The gown will show up on a couple other days of our trip still.

Did you notice we got Brooklyn Belle again? We also saw the same one at the Christmas party later in the week. She's pretty, but looks like she's from New York, or Italy even. But not France.

I'm excited too about Spectro. I've now seen MSEP 5 or 6 times but Spectro still just once.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #665
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Where did you see/hear that rumor? I'll have to check it out. I LOVE Spectro. I have seen it many times and I just feel so magical when I watch it. I have seen MSEP now 3 or 4 times ...in 1 years time, believe it or not. It's nice, but too short and of course, I don't care for the music as much.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #666
francis6306
DIS Veteran

That dress is amazing! And Woohoo on all the updates!

I probably will have to eat at EVERY EPCOT dinner before I would try Teppan… just because we love Hibachi and eat it as often as we can.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 04-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #667
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
What you say makes sense about Soarin, especially the part about it being easier to see against the sky. But I just seems like it has gotten worse over time.
That [sadly] happens. It's a horrible, losing battle.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #668
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Where did you see/hear that rumor? I'll have to check it out. I LOVE Spectro. I have seen it many times and I just feel so magical when I watch it. I have seen MSEP now 3 or 4 times ...in 1 years time, believe it or not. It's nice, but too short and of course, I don't care for the music as much.
I'm really just looking for something different to experience at Disney. That one time we saw Spectro was a long time ago, so this would be close to new.

http://wdwnewstoday.com/attraction-updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
That dress is amazing! And Woohoo on all the updates!

I probably will have to eat at EVERY EPCOT dinner before I would try Teppan… just because we love Hibachi and eat it as often as we can.
Thanks! The Belle gown was close to my favorite of the trip. My favorite is coming up still.......

I lobby to skip Teppan Edo every trip, but always lose when it's more than just Katie and me. I'd really like to try something new next time, maybe Corl Reef? Or maybe I'll just skip Epcot ............

Thought that might get a few folks going.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
That [sadly] happens. It's a horrible, losing battle.
Well, I do still love Soarin. I love to take my shoes off and dangle my toes in the surf........... although I do dream of the day they offer an alternate film for a new experience. I did it first at DLR and really was disappointed that it was exactly the same at WDW. I thought at least they'd have Cindy's castle at the end.........
Old 04-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #669
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

I have absolustely loved this TR. I have read yours before but don't think I ever commented. Katie is adorable and I love all her dresses! You do a fabulous job!

You also have some of the best pictures I have ever seen in Disney!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #670
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I have absolustely loved this TR. I have read yours before but don't think I ever commented. Katie is adorable and I love all her dresses! You do a fabulous job!

You also have some of the best pictures I have ever seen in Disney!!!!
Hi there and

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you're reading along! That was just day 5 I finished......... 5 more to go!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #671
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Now Miss Lady Ma'am… don't you be thinking of skipping EPCOT all together! That's just wrong!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 04-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #672
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Now Miss Lady Ma'am… don't you be thinking of skipping EPCOT all together! That's just wrong!
I thought that might get a reaction...... I probably would if Test Track was closed. They keep talking about a big refurb but no official announcement from Disney yet. That's really going to make Soarin a nightmare when it does happen. Combine that with the new fastpass enforcement and I'm just less excited about using my valuable Disney time there.......
Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #673
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Once again getting caught back up.

Great tennis pictures. I'm so glad Timmy is trying a new sport. Kudos to him for expanding his horizons and getting involved. Kids enjoy school so much better when they're a part of something.

Fabulous photos! I think Katie's Belle dress actually looks better than Belle's dress. It looks like you got some of the better looking Princesses.

Looks like Katie is addicted to pick a pearl too. Michelle now insists on doing it every trip. If Danielle had been with us in Epcot she would have too. We just kept missing her that day. Poor thing I carried around her pearl from 2009 in hopes of getting it set in a ring, maybe next trip. I was a bad Mom in 2010 and forgot to bring it, she picked a new pearl (8mm) and we set it on a pendant.

I almost forgot, loved the Pop pictures too. Did you ever start the scrapbook pages for those pictures?

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 04-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #674
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Once again getting caught back up.

Great tennis pictures. I'm so glad Timmy is trying a new sport. Kudos to him for expanding his horizons and getting involved. Kids enjoy school so much better when they're a part of something.

Fabulous photos! I think Katie's Belle dress actually looks better than Belle's dress. It looks like you got some of the better looking Princesses.

Looks like Katie is addicted to pick a pearl too. Michelle now insists on doing it every trip. If Danielle had been with us in Epcot she would have too. We just kept missing her that day. Poor thing I carried around her pearl from 2009 in hopes of getting it set in a ring, maybe next trip. I was a bad Mom in 2010 and forgot to bring it, she picked a new pearl (8mm) and we set it on a pendant.

I almost forgot, loved the Pop pictures too. Did you ever start the scrapbook pages for those pictures?
Many thanks Vanessa!

I was really happy for Timmy to try something new. I just hated to see him miss out on all the great comraderie that extra-curricular activities offer. I got that he was done running, but was afraid he'd let that keep him from trying something else. And he's doing great for someone who's only been playing for a little over a month. He held his own at on varsity yesterday and won some matches today at another JV meet. The best part is that I can just see the wheels turning in his head as he tries to figure this all out.

And yes, Katie is in love with Pick-a-Pearl. I assume we'll be doing it again when we go back. Who knows, maybe one of these times I'll do it too!

I started my page on the POP but got sidetracked. I'm hoping to maybe finish it tomorrow. I'll post it here if I think about it. It's been good to edit all my photos for the TR here. That means they're ready and waiting for me when want to do a scrapbook page.

Are you going to do a trip report on this last trip?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #675
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm still debating if I'll do a report. We really had a good time. I have so many great memories to share and lots of fun photos. It's just that it takes a lot of time that I don't seem to have.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: