Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #46
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Great first update....and I am disgusted...even your airport shots are fantastic!
I love tiedye cheesecake, but I don't like red velvet cake, so I clean it off to the crust and leave that for the birds...well actually the trash can. LOL!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #47
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, I didn't feel like I did that great on Dumbo this trip either. I guess partly because the Fantasyland reconstruction really had everything looking....... shall we say......... not as pretty as I like. For me it was the scrims on the carousel. I was looking forward to seeing over the construction wall, but thought I might get a couple pretty pictures of the view from Dumbo facing the castle. But those scrims foiled my attempts. It will definitely be interesting to try Dumbo from its new location next year!
Those scrims on the carrousel were terrible. Those were up at the beginning of our trip, but down on our last day. Our last day was when I made them ride Dumbo. I only carried the P&S that day (I had my six-month old in a carrier most of that day). It's a good P&S, but still isn't the same as setting up a shot with the DSLR with a wide aperture. My two favorite shots don't have the castle in the background, but that's okay. And I agree with you on the construction. I had several shots with that in the background and it was just... ugly.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #48
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:

I do hope you guys decide to do a trip report. I would really enjoy comparing our park experiences. Not to mention seeing the photography from both of you! Which cameras did you end up traveling with?
Jenn's life is pretty hectic now, plus having no high speed internet at home or work sorta kills it for her, so I'm not sure if she plans to do one or not and I am way to busy to think about one either. Maube after I find a job... who knows.

Jenn brought her Nikon D300 (3000), though I don't recall her really photographing much I on the other hand brought my G12 and from Dec. 7th - Dec. 17 took 1,449 with out blinking and I.... seriously the entire time I kept thinking to myself "man, I really haven't' been taking very many pictures this trip" Add to that the 350 photopass shots, plus Jenn's 500 pictures, we barely "broke the horse" this trip.

If I had to guess how many pictures you took I'm going to say 2,567
Old 12-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #49
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So what building were you in? How long did you stay?
We were over in the 90's building. We drive so it's my favorite place to stay at Pop. Our trip was only for the weekend, so I doubt we ever crossed paths though.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #50
kmrein
Mouseketeer

Yay, another trip filled with fabulous dresses! I hope you had a fantastic time and I can't wait to read about it. Happy New Year!

1989-first trip (off-site); 1997/2011-Port Orleans FQ
2004/05/07/08/10-Fort Wilderness Campground
2010-Polynesian Resort

2012-Disneyland (Grand Californian/Paradise Pier)

"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme..."
Old 12-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #51
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1026 View Post
I'm in! I love reading about your trips and my daughter loves looking at the photos of your daughter in her beautiful dresses with the princesses. She also commented today that she likes Katie's shoes she was wearing at the airport. Can't wait to follow along!
Welcome! Thanks for the kind comments. And I'll tell Katie your daughter liked her shoes! We've done Disney with her in flats the last couple of trips, but she did have a little trouble with these. We ended up springing for a pair of Mickey flip flops to swap in and out of when the shoes were rubbing her feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchhp View Post
I think some of our dates overlapped. can't wait to see your photos.
Thanks! I'm glad you found us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Hello Janet!

I'm hoping to do a better job of keeping up this time around.

Great start so far. DH doesn't like to hunt character either and now he has Danielle on his side. We're bring my niece in Feb and she's never been, I'm hoping DH will be a little more flexible since it's her first trip.
Hey Vanessa!

I'm glad you found us! Your trip is just around the corner. I can't wait to hear all about it. I always feel like your experiences with Danielle short of pre-shadow what's coming for us. The good, the bad (like not wanting to character hunt ) and the ugly. Well, I'm pretty sure there's nothing ugly at Disney, but it sounds good, right?

YEAH! For bringing your niece along in Feb. How old is she? I hope it gives you a reason to do a little character hunting. If not, just make them all wait while YOU get your photos with the characters. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be doing one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikawolf2004 View Post
I'm subbing in also.

For our first trip with DD in 2009 you made her an Ariel dress....which inspired me to break out my dusty machine and now I make her outfits for everyday of the trip and then some. Can't wait to see what you made for this trip. I'm in the planning stages for our trip in June.

Erika
Hi Erika! I'm glad you found us. And I'm glad you said something. I remember your name! I'm so glad you dug out your machine. Feel free to share pics here of what you made. I'd love to see!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post
Oh, I'm so happy you have another trip report! I followed along on your last report but then stopped reading when you finished your trip. Now, I'm so bummed to realize that it morphed into a pre-trip report and I missed it. But, at least this report will all be new news to me.

I do have to tell you that after reading your last report that you totally inspired me to make my first dress for my daughter. I made her an Alice dress. It was my first piece of clothing ever! She wore it to 1900 Park Fare in Sept and we are breaking it out next week for our first trip to Disneyland. I will try to find a picture to post. It is not even close to your beautiful masterpieces but I was thrilled to be able to make something for my daughter. Thank you for the inspiration! I might try a Belle dress next....maybe..... But, after entertaining our daughter for 8 weekends straight while I made the Alice dress, my husband has encouraged me to visit you on eBay.
LOL! However it works out will be just grand! You really have to love the process of making the costumes and dresses or it really does become quite toiling. And there really is just a lot of satisfaction from seeing your little girl enjoy something you made for her.

Have a great time at Disneyland! I have my moments where I think I like it best. But we'll still probably head back to WDW next time to see the new Fantasyland. Then all bets are off. We live right in the middle of the country, so neither is close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
What's his favorite ride?
I'll ask him later. But I'm pretty sure he'd say Splash Mountain. We managed to ride it twice on our first day and once at the party. Thunder Mountain would be a close second. But Test Track is in there somewhere too. I need to ask him to rank them anyway for my traditional "trip favorites" scrapbook page.

His alltime favorite Disney ride is probably Indy at DL though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Yay! I'm so glad you are doing another TR! I know this is going to be good.

I'm so glad to hear that your husband could make it for part of the trip. Even if he doesn't love Disney, he'll be glad he had that time with Katie when she is all grown up. Sorry your boys don't like it though. Maybe they will come to their senses one day when they are older!

I can't believe Katie's school requires her to be there until 2:45 to be counted present?!?! Our schools around here allow you to check out at 11:30. 2:45 seems really late! What time does she normally get out of school? Around here the school day ends at 2:30.

I can't wait to see all your gorgeous pictures from this trip!!!
Nah, all hope is lost with the boys and Disney. My oldest thinks it's all too fake and commercial. AND???????? LOL! Of course it is! But it's my escape from reality, so I have to keep going. I remember one time he photoshopped a photo of Mickey overseeing the workers in a sweatshop and set it as the backdrop on our computer. Ahhh.... the memories!

School here doesn't get out until 3:45. If they miss more than an hour they are counted absent for the day.

I'm glad you're following along. I'm enjoying your TR as well!
Old 12-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #52
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Great first update....and I am disgusted...even your airport shots are fantastic!
I love tiedye cheesecake, but I don't like red velvet cake, so I clean it off to the crust and leave that for the birds...well actually the trash can. LOL!
You don't like the CAKE part? You THREW it OUT?

OK, guess we can't be friends any more.

And thanks for your disgust. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
Those scrims on the carrousel were terrible. Those were up at the beginning of our trip, but down on our last day. Our last day was when I made them ride Dumbo. I only carried the P&S that day (I had my six-month old in a carrier most of that day). It's a good P&S, but still isn't the same as setting up a shot with the DSLR with a wide aperture. My two favorite shots don't have the castle in the background, but that's okay. And I agree with you on the construction. I had several shots with that in the background and it was just... ugly.
What day did you see the carousel without scrims? I"m pretty sure they were up through our last MK day. But I guess it's possible I missed it. I was pretty wiped out by the end!

I hope you'll post your favorite Dumbo shot for us to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
Jenn's life is pretty hectic now, plus having no high speed internet at home or work sorta kills it for her, so I'm not sure if she plans to do one or not and I am way to busy to think about one either. Maube after I find a job... who knows.

Jenn brought her Nikon D300 (3000), though I don't recall her really photographing much I on the other hand brought my G12 and from Dec. 7th - Dec. 17 took 1,449 with out blinking and I.... seriously the entire time I kept thinking to myself "man, I really haven't' been taking very many pictures this trip" Add to that the 350 photopass shots, plus Jenn's 500 pictures, we barely "broke the horse" this trip.

If I had to guess how many pictures you took I'm going to say 2,567
I keep forgetting about Jen not having high speed internet. That would certainly be a road block.

Sounds like you guys were slackers in the photo-taking department. If that gives you any idea........ Your estimate on my shutter count is a little low. I like having lots of options when I get back home and review my shots. Memory is cheap, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
We were over in the 90's building. We drive so it's my favorite place to stay at Pop. Our trip was only for the weekend, so I doubt we ever crossed paths though.
We're never at the resort much so our odds of crossing paths were pretty low.

So were you there for that pouring rain on Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrein View Post
Yay, another trip filled with fabulous dresses! I hope you had a fantastic time and I can't wait to read about it. Happy New Year!
Awww... thanks! I'm glad you're following along.

Happy New Year to you as well!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #54
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My guess is 5,051!
Hmmmm......

So let's take a vote. How many of you would think I was completely out of my mind if the number were......... higher?
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #55
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmmm......

So let's take a vote. How many of you would think I was completely out of my mind if the number were......... higher?
I would expect nothing less.

Commando #137 at your service!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #56
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
I would expect nothing less.
Always happy when I can exceed expectations.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #57
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

My guess is 8,132!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 12-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #58
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Hmmmm......

I hope so! I'm trying to remember how many I took in Aug. It was somewhere around 2 or 3 thousand...and you were there longer, so I guess at least 6000 should be in there...plus you had to delete some
Old 12-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #59
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
My guess is 8,132!
LOL! I'm pretty sure it's less! But I love your thinking!
Quote:
I hope so! I'm trying to remember how many I took in Aug. It was somewhere around 2 or 3 thousand...and you were there longer, so I guess at least 6000 should be in there...plus you had to delete some
I don't need to count the deleted ones since I'm just computing based on the shutter clicks.

6K is pretty close..... But I'm embarrassed to say it's a little bit more.

I honestly didn't pay one whit of attention. I didn't consider my pace at all until I started running short of cards. Then of course I might have noticed when my file numbers started over at 0 again.......
Old 12-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #60
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

my vote is in I vote crazy!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: