Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #31
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Subbing in.

It looks like we'll be able to go to MNSSHP this year--DH has a possible conference in Oct!!!!! So excited!!!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #32
jc040404
DIS Veteran

trying to keep up for now!

I didn't realize when your trip dates were! We checked into Pop the very next day. Sounds like you're off to nice, if tiring, start!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #33
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

So excited you started your TR! Looking forward to seeing Katie's dresses. I kick myself for not getting a picture of you and Katie while waiting in line for the Dwarfs.
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 12-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #34
PolkaDotLuggage
Earning My Ears

Subbing! we're leaving in less than 3 weeks and now that i have step-daughters, we HAVE to see the princesses!! Can't wait to show them pics from here!

Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #35
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

mesa subbing in.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 12-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #36
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
those are my favorite kind!

i can't wait to hear about your trip and see your pictures. and i'll admit i tried to recreate your Dumbo picture, but my Dumbo didn't cooperate (he went all the way up and would NOT come back down part way). i did get a good image though. i said i HAD to get one before it moved! i also told my kids that if they didn't cooperate and i didn't get the image i wanted, they'd have to stand in line and ride it again! ha!
Well, I didn't feel like I did that great on Dumbo this trip either. I guess partly because the Fantasyland reconstruction really had everything looking....... shall we say......... not as pretty as I like. For me it was the scrims on the carousel. I was looking forward to seeing over the construction wall, but thought I might get a couple pretty pictures of the view from Dumbo facing the castle. But those scrims foiled my attempts. It will definitely be interesting to try Dumbo from its new location next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post

What no shot of the cake?

So sad, Jenn was supposed to eat that in our trip in Oct in 10' but since she moved over to the CBR last minute I had to cut that item form our scavenger hunt. I guess since it has cake in it I shall never get to partake in all its glory.

Off to a great start!

can't wait to read more. I wonder when Jenn will start ours? Or if we will even have one? I suppose I have to send her photos for her to start? oops ::hide sin corner::
I just have to say......... I'm terrible about taking food photos. I just never think to do it. Maybe I'm just in too big a hurry to dig in!

I do hope you guys decide to do a trip report. I would really enjoy comparing our park experiences. Not to mention seeing the photography from both of you! Which cameras did you end up traveling with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
Subbing in.

It looks like we'll be able to go to MNSSHP this year--DH has a possible conference in Oct!!!!! So excited!!!!!!
That would be so cool. I really do want to get back to MNSSHP, but doubt it will happen this year. I don't know if Timmy will be running Cross Country, but if he is, I can't take a chance on missing any of his last season. And I suppose if we're going back I'd like to improve my odds of seeing the new Fantasyland. I hope they release some more definitive dates soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
I didn't realize when your trip dates were! We checked into Pop the very next day. Sounds like you're off to nice, if tiring, start!
So what building were you in? How long did you stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
So excited you started your TR! Looking forward to seeing Katie's dresses. I kick myself for not getting a picture of you and Katie while waiting in line for the Dwarfs.
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaDotLuggage View Post
Subbing! we're leaving in less than 3 weeks and now that i have step-daughters, we HAVE to see the princesses!! Can't wait to show them pics from here!
Hmmm.... not sure if I'll get to much princess action in 3 weeks. Remember, my husband was along the first few days. He's not a big character hunter so we tried to keep that for after he left. I'll do my best though!

I'm glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
mesa subbing in.
Howdy! I'm glad you found us. But you have to promise not to rub in my face just how many trips you have coming up with those annual passes. You haven't been in at least a few weeks, so aren't you overdue?????
Old 12-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #37
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Good first entry! What made your Husband decide to come along?
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 12-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #38
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Good first entry! What made your Husband decide to come along?
Thanks Mike! Drew likes Disney. He likes it a lot. He just doesn't get as fanatical about it as Katie and I do. I don't think he understands why anyone would stay for more than 3 or 4 days. And he doesn't care to hunt characters and watch parades and fireworks they way Katie and I do. We like rides but love the magical show parts of Disney. Drew loves the rides and is ok with fireworks and shows, but would rather be doing more rides. I think he really enjoyed his visit there this year. Well, except for the blisters on his feet.........
Old 12-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #39
msmith1026
A muffin is just an ugly cupcake.

I'm in! I love reading about your trips and my daughter loves looking at the photos of your daughter in her beautiful dresses with the princesses. She also commented today that she likes Katie's shoes she was wearing at the airport. Can't wait to follow along!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #40
mchhp
Mouseketeer

I think some of our dates overlapped. can't wait to see your photos.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #41
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Hello Janet!

I'm hoping to do a better job of keeping up this time around.

Great start so far. DH doesn't like to hunt character either and now he has Danielle on his side. We're bring my niece in Feb and she's never been, I'm hoping DH will be a little more flexible since it's her first trip.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 12-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #42
erikawolf2004
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I'm subbing in also.

For our first trip with DD in 2009 you made her an Ariel dress....which inspired me to break out my dusty machine and now I make her outfits for everyday of the trip and then some. Can't wait to see what you made for this trip. I'm in the planning stages for our trip in June.

Erika

Old 12-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #43
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

Oh, I'm so happy you have another trip report! I followed along on your last report but then stopped reading when you finished your trip. Now, I'm so bummed to realize that it morphed into a pre-trip report and I missed it. But, at least this report will all be new news to me.

I do have to tell you that after reading your last report that you totally inspired me to make my first dress for my daughter. I made her an Alice dress. It was my first piece of clothing ever! She wore it to 1900 Park Fare in Sept and we are breaking it out next week for our first trip to Disneyland. I will try to find a picture to post. It is not even close to your beautiful masterpieces but I was thrilled to be able to make something for my daughter. Thank you for the inspiration! I might try a Belle dress next....maybe..... But, after entertaining our daughter for 8 weekends straight while I made the Alice dress, my husband has encouraged me to visit you on eBay.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #44
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Thanks Mike! Drew likes Disney. He likes it a lot. He just doesn't get as fanatical about it as Katie and I do. I don't think he understands why anyone would stay for more than 3 or 4 days. And he doesn't care to hunt characters and watch parades and fireworks they way Katie and I do. We like rides but love the magical show parts of Disney. Drew loves the rides and is ok with fireworks and shows, but would rather be doing more rides. I think he really enjoyed his visit there this year. Well, except for the blisters on his feet.........
What's his favorite ride?
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 12-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #45
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad you are doing another TR! I know this is going to be good.

I'm so glad to hear that your husband could make it for part of the trip. Even if he doesn't love Disney, he'll be glad he had that time with Katie when she is all grown up. Sorry your boys don't like it though. Maybe they will come to their senses one day when they are older!

I can't believe Katie's school requires her to be there until 2:45 to be counted present?!?! Our schools around here allow you to check out at 11:30. 2:45 seems really late! What time does she normally get out of school? Around here the school day ends at 2:30.

I can't wait to see all your gorgeous pictures from this trip!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: