Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #211
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

oops.... accidentally hit enter too soon. Update coming in a bit!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #212
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

12/9: Our First Trip Through the WASH and SPIN Cycles!

Next we headed for Frontierland. Around 11 AM the standby times for Splash and BTMRR were both under 10 minutes. Really. What a treat! We got fastpasses for BTMRR and headed for Splash, where we barely waited at all. I really looked forward to riding Splash on this trip and intended to make up for lost time. We never rode it at all last December because of the cold. It had been over 2 years and we were long overdue!

Uh oh....... what will she back out???????

IMG_3594 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Nah........ no backing out on this trip. Katie was in complete thrill ride junkie mode!

IMG_3599 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3604 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3607 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3616 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3618 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3619 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3620 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3641 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3647 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3649 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Not sure why I didn't buy this ride photo, but I should have. I really like it now.

IMG_3652 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3655 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We somehow escaped getting drenched then headed for BTMRR. We enjoyed joking about the Stacy video they play in the resort rooms about Splash being the "wash cycle" and BTMRR being the "spin cycle".

Ready to go........

IMG_3661 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I love this series of photos and will probably do a scrapbook page of them. I'll spare you posting ALL of them. I was on burst mode and racking up the frames....... FAST!

IMG_3683 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3684 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3694 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3695 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3698 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

After the ride we grabbed fastpasses for Splash and headed back toward Liberty Square. My daughter, being the proper young lady she is....... can never walk past the gun toys without playing.

Taking Aim by mom2rtk, on Flickr

But alas, the autorities must have caught up with her becuase this is where I found her next.......

IMG_3711 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3713 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I was ready for lunch. I had woken up with a sore throat and a lot of sinus drainage and wanted to keep something in my stomach. We ate at Columbia Harbor House. I thought I'd be getting a tuna sandwich but opted for the shrimp instead so I could have the broccoli as a side. It had been a busy morning and it felt good just to sit down for a bit.

IMG_3714 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3717 by mom2rtk, on Flickr
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #213
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Nice work as always, Janet. I enjoy reading these--you are a good storyteller!

I know the view from your third photo (with the other log going down the drop) very well. This is exactly where I got stuck for 45 minutes on Thanksgiving Day. Disnerd that I am, I loved it.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #214
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures from BTMR. Dennis like to "smoosh" the kids on rides too. I'm really going to miss BTMR this trip it will be closed.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 01-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #215
katt789
DIS Veteran

I love that idea of Splash & BTMRR being the wash & spin cycle! (I actually havent seen that until now haha)

Those pics from BTMRR are incredible! One of my goals after my May trip last year was to take more pictures on rides, but I'm usually worried about it getting wet on Splash, and then, thanks to having a little point & shoot, non-flash pics don't turn out great..

Somehow, I've never seen those statues of Brer Fox, Bear & Rabbit! How have I missed those every time!?

And this part's really random, but HOW does Katie do the parks in flats?! I could handle the evening of the Halloween party & that's it! She's tougher than I am!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #216
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Nice work as always, Janet. I enjoy reading these--you are a good storyteller!

I know the view from your third photo (with the other log going down the drop) very well. This is exactly where I got stuck for 45 minutes on Thanksgiving Day. Disnerd that I am, I loved it.
LOL! I'd love it too! I wouldn't mind sitting there a bit, but the view would be decidedly less interesting with everyone sitting still and no logs to watch! I sat there the whole time with the camera up hoping for a log to come down. I'd like another shot at that one with a slightly slower shutter speed to show a little more movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Love the pictures from BTMR. Dennis like to "smoosh" the kids on rides too. I'm really going to miss BTMR this trip it will be closed.
Thanks Vanessa! I'd sure miss BTMRR too. I seriously lost count of how many times we rode it. I will say that after missing Splash last year, we enjoyed getting back to it all the more this year. Apparently absence DOES make the heart grow fonder.

Better check out those bounceback deals while you're there......

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I love that idea of Splash & BTMRR being the wash & spin cycle! (I actually havent seen that until now haha)

Those pics from BTMRR are incredible! One of my goals after my May trip last year was to take more pictures on rides, but I'm usually worried about it getting wet on Splash, and then, thanks to having a little point & shoot, non-flash pics don't turn out great..

Somehow, I've never seen those statues of Brer Fox, Bear & Rabbit! How have I missed those every time!?

And this part's really random, but HOW does Katie do the parks in flats?! I could handle the evening of the Halloween party & that's it! She's tougher than I am!
Thanks! I can't wait to put those BTMRR shots together in a scrapbook page. I love the expression on their faces and how they all line up in a series. I also like the clouds in the sky.

I can see how you'd miss the Brer statues. It's a crazy busy area. Fortunately this day it wasn't hard to get my shot. A week later I wanted that same shot with Katie and her girlfriend....... the one wearing a boot for her broken foot..... I got my shot, but it was like a giant game of frogger fighting the crowds to get what I wanted.

Katie has done well in flats on all of our past trips. But for some reason these didn't work out very well. By day's end we had bought some Micey flip-flops and she swapped off the rest of the trip. My favorite shot is her pulling up her skirt of her gown at CRT to show Cinderella her special Mickey fllip-flop slippers!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #217
dara00
DIS Veteran

did you take those photos facing backwards on the ride??

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #218
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
did you take those photos facing backwards on the ride??
Yeah.... I like to keep the rides intersting!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #219
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Yeah.... I like to keep the rides intersting!
haha, my friend got yelled at multiple times for facing backwards on dumbo to take photos of me! but I'd think that would be a lot easier to do on a slower ride like dumbo!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #220
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
haha, my friend got yelled at multiple times for facing backwards on dumbo to take photos of me! but I'd think that would be a lot easier to do on a slower ride like dumbo!
LOL! Yeah, I think Dumbo would be easier. I always do that one backwards too, but nobody has said anything.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #221
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
12/9: Our First Trip Through the WASH and SPIN Cycles!

Next we headed for Frontierland. Around 11 AM the standby times for Splash and BTMRR were both under 10 minutes. Really. What a treat! We got fastpasses for BTMRR and headed for Splash, where we barely waited at all. I really looked forward to riding Splash on this trip and intended to make up for lost time. We never rode it at all last December because of the cold. It had been over 2 years and we were long overdue!

We somehow escaped getting drenched then headed for BTMRR. We enjoyed joking about the Stacy video they play in the resort rooms about Splash being the "wash cycle" and BTMRR being the "spin cycle".

Ready to go........

I love this series of photos and will probably do a scrapbook page of them. I'll spare you posting ALL of them. I was on burst mode and racking up the frames....... FAST!

IMG_3695 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

After the ride we grabbed fastpasses for Splash and headed back toward Liberty Square. My daughter, being the proper young lady she is....... can never walk past the gun toys without playing.

But alas, the autorities must have caught up with her becuase this is where I found her next.......

I was ready for lunch. I had woken up with a sore throat and a lot of sinus drainage and wanted to keep something in my stomach. We ate at Columbia Harbor House. I thought I'd be getting a tuna sandwich but opted for the shrimp instead so I could have the broccoli as a side. It had been a busy morning and it felt good just to sit down for a bit.

IMG_3714 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_3717 by mom2rtk, on Flickr
So many great pictures. This entire update shows both parts of Disney World - the excitement of the rides and the chance to take it easy.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #222
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
So many great pictures. This entire update shows both parts of Disney World - the excitement of the rides and the chance to take it easy.
Thanks! I'm trying hard to find those little relaxing moments more and more often. And while I am utterly driven to mark all the "must do's" off my list, its the little moments that make me stop and smile when I look back on a trip.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #223
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

YEAH an Update!!

So we missed on Splash this... what is your opinion of the boards many voices that is had gone down hill and is in need of loving care?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #224
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Those BTMRR shots are great! Love 'em!

This isn't the wash & spin cycles though! I think I've seen the "Must Do" list a few toooo many times. Those are at AK, but it made me giggle because the same idea fits perfectly for these two.

Very cute that Katie stops to play with the guns, too!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #225
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
YEAH an Update!!

So we missed on Splash this... what is your opinion of the boards many voices that is had gone down hill and is in need of loving care?
I'm probably the last person to ask. I hadn't been on it since 09. And I was fiddling with the camera so much that some of the details could have easily been lost on me. But nothing really jumped out at me.

Now Soarin'........... that one's in need of some TLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Those BTMRR shots are great! Love 'em!

This isn't the wash & spin cycles though! I think I've seen the "Must Do" list a few toooo many times. Those are at AK, but it made me giggle because the same idea fits perfectly for these two.

Very cute that Katie stops to play with the guns, too!
LOL! I wondered if anyone would catch that. Katie decided to take some creative license with that so long ago I almost forgot. I think the original was Kali River Rapids and Primevil Whirl.

You'll see later in our trip where the "spin cycle" gets a little mixed up and becomes our very own "wash cycle".

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: