Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

A 1st Trip, 2 Tagalongs, & A 5 Year Anniversary: Our Last Minute Sept Adventure

I will start with Introductions copied from my Pretrip report which I will link at the end of the introductions.

Ok, this is my First Trip report ever. We booked only 35 days out for our September adventure.

Me ~ Rachel, a 27 year old stay at home Mommy, who is obessed with all things Disney esp Disney world. I love Roo, my favorite character ever and Stitch. (I can not spell, just letting you be aware)

DH ~ James, 26 year old hard working and proud Daddy, I convince him to go to Disney on our Honeymoon and he enjoyed it so much! He is the main reason for the trip because 1) It was his idea and 2) well he makes the money! LOL We will celebrate our 5 year anniversary while there!

DD ~ Annabelle, our 16 month old princess, She loves Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Little Eistein. She is very independent for her age and surprises me everyday. She has done one day at MK and one trip in my belly. :0) So this is her first REAL trip!

DSis ~ Becky, a 32 year old single mom and an awesome sister. She loves everything to do with Aladdin esp Abu. She has not been back to Disney World since 2003 and is the only one in our family who loves it but hasn't been back and it was killing her. She is also a brownie leader hince the Tagalongs. (Me and Becky)

DNiece ~ Penelope aka Penny, she is 8 and loves Pirates and Tinkerbell (at least right now). She went our parents when she was 5 but has only been with her mom to Disney when she was 5 months, so she is beyond thrilled that we are going!

Our dates 9/14/2011-9/18/2011 with our Annabelle having her first trip, Becky and Penny tagging along, and James and I celebrating our 5 year anniversary on the 16th. Annabelle would also turn 16 months on the 16th.

Pre-Trip Report ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post42183708

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~

Last edited by RooRach0906; 05-30-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Day 1

James and myself got up at 4:15am and started getting ready, I made sure everything was by the backdoor for when my parents came and picked us up to go to the airport... because of a miscommunication with my other sister the day before Annabelle's carseat was already in my parents van which meant one less thing to worry about. My parents, Becky, and Penny arrived at 4:45am and we loaded up the van. I then got Annabelle from her crib and carried her and put her in the van, I had hoped she would go back to sleep well no such luck she stayed awake the entire drive to the airport which was an hour and 15 minutes. When we arrived I quickly changed Annabelle from her pjs to her outfit for the plane. Check in at the airport went great only taking about 20 minutes if that. We had a quick potty break and then said goodbye and thanks to my parents and went to security. Security was a nightmare I informed them I had formula sealed liquid and snacks and showed them where they were along with loading everything on it the belt plus they make you feel like you need to hurry. Very stressful with a baby. We arrived at the gate just as they were boarding our seats, GREAT TIMING! We loaded up and were pleasantly surprised that we had a whole row to ourselves and that Annabelle got her own seat because the plane wasnt full!! Our flight left at 7 am on schedule. I had Dumdums for Annabelle and Penny for take off and they worked like a charm. Annabelle did pretty well she stayed awake and she did fuss a little but not loud or anything just a little bored fuss and as soon as we changed snacks or toys she was done fussing. We asked if anyone hear or minded all said no but that could also be because the row in front of us and behind us was all parents and toddlers. Annabelle on the plane.

We made good time and landed 10 minutes early at 8:40 Off we went to ME. When we got in line there was only 2 other people ahead of us. We boarded the bus 5 minutes later and it had a total of maybe 15 people on it.
Annabelle was being a little testy on this ride but thankfully we were the first stop.
We got to Old Key West at 9:45, checked in, and our room was ready. Bell services took us to our room. We unloaded our carry on stuff, Annabelle and Penny changed outfits and we were off to the bus stop at 10:30.
We wait for about 10 minutes for a MK bus and loaded up. We got to MK put Annabelle in the stroller went through the baggage check and the turnstiles and then looked down to find this

Yup, she fell asleep just as we were walking in. We decided to head towards adventureland and let becky and penny do something while Annabelle slept.
We ended up being in time for the Pirate Show thing (sorry I didnt get the name) but its a show where Captin Jack Sparrow picks kids from the audience to go up and Penny got picked, which was AWESOME cuz she loves Pirates.

She is the one in the lightblue shirt. She really had a blast and they got a scroll thing as a keepsake.

Annabelle woke up shortly after about a 45 minute nap. We were all very hungry at this point and decided to go to Peco's for lunch. We used the quick service kisok, as long as you arent making substitutions I reccommend it.
I ordered the wrap, Apple slices, a soda, and the chocolate cake, James got the Deluxe Cheeseburger, fries, sweet tea, and yogurt, Becky ordered the Taco Salad, Diet Coke, and Carrot Cake, and Penny got the Kids Turkey Sandwich, grapes, sprite, and cookie. Annabelle was gonna eat some of James fries and the yogurt. (I did not take pictures of the food and wont always be able to tell you what we ate) Somehow they had an extra Taco Salad on the tray and when we told them, they told us to keep it, Becky was super happy about that because she was dieting a little while we were there and couldnt have the shell but now had double meat. James and becky loaded up at the fixing bar. James was the only one who didnt really care for his meal. Becky and I loved ours, by the way the wrap is HUGE and could definately be shared. Thanks to free dining this meal was all paid for.
We then headed over to ride PotC, the wait was about 10 minutes.

Annabelle really enjoyed it! Then we split up and went our seperate ways for us to get Annabelle's 1st haircut!

Up Next ~ Annabelle's 1st haircut and the rest of day one.

Sorry if I get seem to ramble.

Last edited by RooRach0906; 01-03-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: fixed pics
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Why MIA??

Sorry I have been MIA! Right after we got back from the Disney trip, we put our doublewide house on the market; we had no traffic until I did my post for my TR. We had one couple come, look and fall in love with it. That left us looking for a house since we had to be out in fast. We had lots of stress and issue that came up during that time but I am happy to report we have been in our new house for almost 2 weeks. Iím beyond excited because it already feels more like OUR HOME then our old place ever did and we lived there 5 3/4 years.

Our Home

Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Annabelle's 1st Haircut and the rest of Day 1

Annabelle’s haircut appointment was at 1:30, so James and I headed to Main Street Harmony Barber Shop. There was no one the when we arrived at 1:15 so they took us right away. James decided to stand next to Annabelle on the chair while I would videotape and take pictures. We had a nice lady; she gave Annabelle stickers all over her shirt and a Minnie Mouse spinner to play with.

Annabelle was so happy and did so well. I was so impressed with the whole experience. The lady gave Annabelle her ears and me her lock of hair.

She didn't like the ears.
I paid and we texted Becky, she said they were in line for the fairies, so we told her we were going to go meet Mickey. They said they were cool with that. We had a 10 minute wait to meet Mickey and Minnie. When it was our turn, Annabelle walked straight up to Minnie and gave her a big hug. We took pictures

and then Annabelle started running back and forth between Mickey and Minnie dancing with both (I wish I would have got this on video).

It was so adorable!! She did not want to leave but did. We looked a little in the shop then went to meet Becky and Penny. Annabelle fell asleep in the stroller again LOL. By this time it was about 2:45 and we decided to head to Epcot to go to Innovations before our dinner ADR. We went to the Cool Station first and I got a Blue Icee, Annabelle was still asleep so James said he would watch her while Becky, Penny and I did the Piggy Bank game, which I love, I play it at home on a normal basis. We let Penny do everything with the Pig and even decide everything and we helped with the games. They loved it! It was now 4:30. We walked to the Beach Club and I checked us in at Cape May Cafť for our 5:15 dinner ADR. Penny and Annabelle played in the lobby while we waited.

I thought James would love this meal because he is big on seafood but he ended up not really caring for it, Becky thought she would like it and she loved it, I loved that I could get unlimited Crab legs, mmm so yummy, but that was about it.

After dinner, we headed to Epcot and did a little shopping I got one of those clip pouches for the lanyard because my old one broke. We were all pretty beat because of the early morning so decided to head to the room. Penny and Becky went to the pool. James and I gave Annabelle a bath and then she wasn’t ready to go to sleep, so we decided to head to the store at the resort and I got Annabelle the My First Visit/Trip Snack Cup with Mickey on it. The three of us headed to the room and went to bed. Becky and Penny got back right after we laid down at about 9:45. We all planned to sleep in the next morning.

Up Next ~ Day 2 Did we get to sleep in?? AK Day

Old 03-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Great start! Congrats on 5 years of marriage and the house! Annabelle is too cute!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Great start! Congrats on 5 years of marriage and the house! Annabelle is too cute!
Thank you! I am reading your TR because our next trip is in December!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

AK Day

Annabelle woke us up at 7:45-8. We got up and ate breakfast (Cereal) in the room and then got ready for our day. We made it to the bus stop by 9 right as the Animal Kingdom bus pulled up.
We arrived at Animal Kingdom at 9:30. We did a little shopping in the shop outside the park for sunglasses for Becky and Annabelle. Becky did get some sunglasses but Annabelle ended up with a Safari dressed Minnie Cup.
Pluto was out with no wait so we went over and he was GREAT!!

Annabelle walking up

Nice Pluto

Loving Pluto

One of my favorite pics from the trip

After Pluto, We headed into the park. We headed towards Dinoland USA. Since Primeval Whirl was closed Penny wanted to do the Boneyard. Annabelle and Penny ran around having a blast and spent a good hour here. Annabelle LOVED the slides!!!

Daddy chasing Annabelle

Becky really wanted to ride Everest but Penny did not James didnt care either way so James took the girls and Becky and I headed to EE. The wait said 20 minutes but we only waited 10. Becky loved it!

We met back up with James then Becky and Penny decided to go to Kali while James, Annabelle, and I did Kilimanjaro Safaris. Annabelle enjoyed it until she just crashed, this is definately a theme on this trip.

Awake and liking it

Still Awake (her head is all you see but its straight)

Still Awake (Same thing)

Crashed (that why her head isnt in the pic) Baby Elephant

When we got off KS it was 12:10, we called Becky and told her to head to the Tusker House. We got to the Tusker House at 12:20 checked in and asked if we could take the stroller in because Annabelle was asleep. They told us they would see what they could do. They called us at 12:25 and the lady who sat us said we could in fact take the stroller in. We were in a corner table right inside the room from the buffet. Perfect for Annabelle to be able to sleep a little longer, she woke up about 30 minutes after we sat down. We all thought the food was ok but not great... I had been when it was a counter service and I LOVED it then. Annabelle nibbled a little but so glad we did not have to pay for her because it would have been a huge waste of money.

After lunch, Becky and Penny went to finish Penny's Wilderness Explorer thing. While we headed to Camp Minnie-Mickey to see the characters.
We met Goofy, Mickey, and Donald in about 20 minutes. Annabelle LOVED the characters especially Donald and Mickey.

I know its blurry

Giving Mickey a kiss

Laughin

Playin

Family Pic

Laughing at Donald

Annabelle was hot and in need of cool air at this point. We called Becky and told her to meet us at the shop right outside of Camp Mickey Minnie. We talked about it and decided we were all done and wanted to head back to the room for a swim. Before we left tho, I had to get our picture in front of the Tree, poor Annabelle was so done at this point.

Up Next ~ Pool and Downtown Disney

Old 03-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

End of Day Two with no pics

So I just noticed I have no pictures of this night.

We got back to the room, changed, and headed to the Pool at Old Key West. We arrived around 3:30 and snagged a table near the baby pool. Becky and Penny went to swim in the pool while James and I got Annabelle in the baby pool. We were very disappointed in the pool and baby pool because there was no zero entry on the main pool, a bad entry into the baby pool, and no splash. Basically not much for the younger kids. With us having a very independent little girl, she wanted to get into the baby pool by herself and almost fell many times, even I almost fell once. Then James took Annabelle into the main pool while Becky and I did the sauna, which was awesome! I was done though after about 15 minutes.. I went to find James and he said he was done and knew Annabelle was done as well. We headed back to room around 4:45 to get ready for dinner.

James, Annabelle and I were ready at 5:30 and waiting for our tagalongs to get back and ready as well. They arrived, changed, and we all decided to take the boat to DTD. We did have to wait awhile for the boat and we finally got to DTD. We decided to eat at Rainforest Cafe because Becky had never been there and they had a 30 minute wait. On our paper it said we had a callback time of 7:19, it came and went @7:30 I sent James to check in it, somehow we were skipped and they put us in line to be seated right then. Finally, we were seated at 7:45. James ordered for Annabelle not knowing how long it would take us to decide... well I should say them... I knew before we arrived what I wanted. In any case we didnít end up getting our food until 8:45 Can you guess who was melting??? Of Course Annabelle was it was already 15 minutes past her bedtime. Thankfully Becky finished up and took Annabelle to the restroom to change her, would you know too the one time I forget an extra outfit she has issues, but isnít that always the way. Lucky, those Becky said it wasnít horrible and cleaned it quick in the restroom (sorry if a little TMI) I felt bad for my baby but she was in a much better mood. We were all done at 9:20. Penny had wanted to dessert and I talked her into getting something at Goofy Candy Co instead of RFC knowing Annabelle would be even better if she could walk around.

Becky, Penny, and I headed to Goofy's while James and Annabelle walked around outside. I had Penny look all around first before she made her decision because this way her treat from me and I wanted to make sure she got what she really wanted (She can be fickle at times). She decided she wanted to make her own marshmallows, Milk Chocolate, Oreos with a white chocolate drizzle. Well they called her name, we went opened it and immediately knew it was not our order as it was a Mickey rice krispy treat. We politely let them know and then they asked what the order was we told them and the ticket had got put with the wrong order and never made. Not a big deal so they went to making Penny's. CM guy got started and messed up at the very beginning doing dark chocolate, he realized it and started again. When he gave us the order he also included the dark chocolate mess up, so we ended up with 2 for the price of 1.

After Goofy's we tried to do a little shopping but Annabelle wouldn't have it, so we headed to the bus stop. At the bus stop, I had Annabelle and she fell asleep on me, when the bus arrived and I got up to get on she woke up and was screaming. It took me a little while to get her settled again and back asleep and I felt horrible. I apologized to the people close to us and they all told me "it was ok and I had the most important job in the world.... Being Mommy." This made me feel so much better. We finally arrive back at the room at 10:15 tucked Annabelle in and went to bed.

Up Next ~ Day 3 Hollywood Studios

Old 03-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Such cute pics of Annabelle with all of the characters. Sorry to hear your evening at DTD wasn't so magical! Yikes about the wait at RF! DTD really needs some more dining options. Every place was so packed in December that we finally just went to the Crossroads to eat. That was nice of the CM to give you the messed up marshmallow, too. Besides, what else is he going to do with it?!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
STAYC18
Mouseketeer

She is so cute...i love the pics with the characters...i'm taking my 14 month old in October (21 months at the time) i can't wait for him to see Mickey...can't wait to hear more about the trip...
Old 04-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Such cute pics of Annabelle with all of the characters. Sorry to hear your evening at DTD wasn't so magical! Yikes about the wait at RF! DTD really needs some more dining options. Every place was so packed in December that we finally just went to the Crossroads to eat. That was nice of the CM to give you the messed up marshmallow, too. Besides, what else is he going to do with it?!
Thank you, definately a lot more to come, she LOVED all the character except 2 but you will see. I agree DTD does need some more dining options and a good variety.The marshmallow ended up coming home with us and Penny gave it to my Mom(her Nana), so it was nice to be able to bring her a piece of magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAYC18 View Post
She is so cute...i love the pics with the characters...i'm taking my 14 month old in October (21 months at the time) i can't wait for him to see Mickey...can't wait to hear more about the trip...
Thanks for joining in! Thank you, we watched Sing Along Songs Disneyland Fun DVD to get her ready for the size of the character! Awww Yay, such a magical moment the first time your little one meets Mickey.. this mommy cried.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Start of Day 3 (Hollywood Studios)

Annabelle woke James and I around 8. We slowly got up and started to get ready. We arrived at Hollywood Studios around 10:30. We went straight to Toy Story Mania and grabbed Fastpasses, then headed to Magic of Disney Animation to meet some characters. We got there and realized that Annabelle had again fallen asleep, so we went in the store and Becky and Penny did some games. I suggested we go and do Star Tours while Annabelle was sleeping. We ride swap thing, Becky, Penny and James went on first, while I went to the Writer's shop and got a frozen drink. I then walked over to the exit of Star Tours while I was waiting I decided to take pictures of my sleeping baby.

They found me and James opted to stay with Annabelle because he liked the ride but it made him a little motion sick (he gets this sometimes). Becky, Penny, and I went to ride it and we got the one where they race the speeders (which James would have LOVED, its his favorite scene from all the movies). When we met up with James, Annabelle had woken up and it was almost time for our Hollywood and Vine lunch reservation so we started to head there. Unfortunately Becky misunderstood what I had said and she got Penny an ice cream on the way, which started a lil tiff between sisters. We were early so we decided to go to a shop nearby. We checked in at 12:15 and were seated 5 minutes later. We all were very impressed by the selection and quality of this buffet, even now my mouth is watering thinking about the one chicken dish and the meatballs! So in case you don't know this is a character lunch with Little Einstiens, Handy Manny, and Oso. Before we left Annabelle was into Little Einstiens which is why I booked it. We saw June first and she loved her.

They then did the dancing part and Annabelle was dancing in her seat.

We then saw Oso and I was really surprised how much she loved him and his paw pilot, as she doesnt really care for his show.

She was so sad when Oso left and did not want much to do with Manny right after.

She was so happy when Leo came and even Penny got in the picture. (Which was a big deal because this was the only character besides the Fairies she took her picture with.)

Up Next ~ What else did we do in Hollywood Studios??

Old 04-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Day 3 cont

I left off at us finishing lunch at Hollywood and Vine, I forgot to mention that this day was James and I's 5th Anniversary and also Annabelle turned 16 months this day! I had marked our anniversary on the reservation but no mention of it... now I do not expect anything free but do expect it to be mentioned but I was relieved too because we were doing this trip more for Becky and Penny so I like that it didnt take away from them. Ok, just wanted to mention it but lets get back to the report!

After lunch, we decided to split up, Becky and Penny were headed to see the Muppets and we were off to see some characters. We headed over to the Magic of Disney Animation, parked the stroller then headed in through the shop to see the characters (a lil tip I picked up). We saw Pooh with a short wait and Annabelle LOVED him. I loved the background and wished I would have jumped in one too.

Big Hug

Then headed to Sorcerer Mickey, he had about a 10 minute wait. He was awesome too! Annabelle was a lil crazy with him but she was happy and thats all that matters.

"Mickey, I love you!"

I Love love love this picture... it looks like we planned it but totally didnt

"Play with me"

One more big hug "I dont wanna leave"

I was so proud of Annabelle although you can tell she didnt want to leave Mickey, she did with no fit or crying! We headed to the stroller but noticed Disney Jr was about to start in 5 minutes and decided to try it since Annabelle loves the shows. Turned out to be a not so great idea, she didnt get the whole sitting on the floor thing and it didnt keep her attention like the shows. There were moments when she was great and ones where she was difficult but we made it through with no fits just testiness.

We grabbed the stoller and headed towards the muppets and noticed that the parade was getting ready to start. We found a spot right up front and I called Becky, she said she was headed our way and would find us. She and Penny arrive just before the parade started. (I have pics but forgot to upload them so I will later).

After the parade we headed straight for TSM and used our Fastpasses and still waited about 20 minutes, we arent sure if the CM knew what they were doing because about 5 minutes later and and new CM, people with Fastpasses were passing us. We all enjoyed it and even tho James was holding Annabelle, he kicked all our butts.

Penny asked if we could go to the playground, so we headed over there. Becky was going to take Annabelle down the film canster slide but they told her she couldnt, that she would have to send her down alone, so she was like no way. Penny was running around everywhere and we took Annabelle to a quiet spot to play.

(Ok for some reason my internet is being super slow so I am gonna post and be back later to finish and add more pictures.)

Old 04-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Pictures of the Parade

Quick just pictures updates since my internet wouldn't let me post them last time.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #15
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Pictures from Honey I shrunk the kids playground

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: