Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #1096
mdwoodman
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrn11168 View Post
The 120 day mark has come and gone, Did anyone book anything??

I am still a Silver, so I can't book until the 90 day mark. I am hoping there will be a massage appointment and a Palo dinner left at that time!!
We're Gold, so I'll be checking it out at the 105-day mark.
May 08 - MS Oosterdam (Alaska) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Dec 08 - Carnival Miracle (Southern Caribbean) _ Jun 09 - Carnival Glory (Eastern Caribbean)
Sep 10 - Disney Magic (Westbound transAtlantic) _ _ _ _ Oct 11 - Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) _ _ _ _ Jun 12 - MS Statendam (Alaska S/B)
Aug 12 - Carnival Legend (Western Caribbean) _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (DVC Member Cruise)
Mar 14 - Disney Magic (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Sep 14 - Disney Magic (WBTA)

mdwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #1097
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrn11168 View Post
The 120 day mark has come and gone, Did anyone book anything??

I am still a Silver, so I can't book until the 90 day mark. I am hoping there will be a massage appointment and a Palo dinner left at that time!!
We booked a Palo brunch, and a cabana for the second stop at CC. That went well, but the online check-in was horrible. Took me over a day to get it to work - kept getting a server error. Finally got through, and then the pages were loading like molasses - took over an hour to fill everything out when it should have been 5-10 minutes, tops. My computer was working fine at any other site I visited, it was just the DCL website that was giving me problems. Very frustrating.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #1098
karebear06
DIS Veteran

How many people are on the fish extender list? Is there a cut off date? I haven't decided on joining yet (Depends on how many staterooms)
karebear06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #1099
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg8182000 View Post
Hey Everyone - been a little while since my last post but I keep reading and trying to keep up with all the plans.

I'll be traveling with my mom and this is kinda a celebration of her b'day on Oct. 2nd. We spurged for a concierge room for the first time and we're both really looking forward to it. Can't believe that our 120 day window is this Saturday already!

We did put in a couple of requests with the Concierge team but still tempted to be up at midnight to check. No matter what happens, I'm can't wait for this trip.

Plan to spend a few extra days at the BWV following the cruise so we can go to F&W festival at EPCOT. Think we'll go on our first day as that is Thursday and may be slightly less crowded than the w/end. Anyone who has gone before be able to tell me what to expect as this is our first time going to this event.

Thanks,

meg8182000
Hi Meg,
We are also in concierge and put in our requests to shore side a couple days before. They screwed up our dining ressies, which we fixed, but they did get the cabana we asked for.
Hope to see you guys in the lounge. This should be a great cruise.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #1100
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

I'm gold too..anxiously waiting!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #1101
meg8182000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Quest View Post
Hi Meg,
We are also in concierge and put in our requests to shore side a couple days before. They screwed up our dining ressies, which we fixed, but they did get the cabana we asked for.
Hope to see you guys in the lounge. This should be a great cruise.
Hi Johnny,

Do I also see that you guys are from NJ? I'm a Somerset girl myself.

Glad that you got your reservations taken care of.

We did put in a few request with the shore concierge team and when I logged in at midnight they are all booked for us. We booked a bunch of first for us - Palo's brunch on sea day, Remy's dinner plus a cabana on the 2nd day at CC. Very happy with our ressies and now cannot wait for this trip!

The only thing was we haven't been able to check-in. Will try again today with hopefully better luck.

Have you traveled concierge before? This is a first for us but we definitely plan to be in the lounge a bit of I'm sure we'll see you.

meg

meg8182000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #1102
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg8182000 View Post
Hi Johnny,

Do I also see that you guys are from NJ? I'm a Somerset girl myself.

Glad that you got your reservations taken care of.

We did put in a few request with the shore concierge team and when I logged in at midnight they are all booked for us. We booked a bunch of first for us - Palo's brunch on sea day, Remy's dinner plus a cabana on the 2nd day at CC. Very happy with our ressies and now cannot wait for this trip!

The only thing was we haven't been able to check-in. Will try again today with hopefully better luck.

Have you traveled concierge before? This is a first for us but we definitely plan to be in the lounge a bit of I'm sure we'll see you.

meg
This is our first cruise in concierge and they made it very easy to get our bookings. We also are doing Palo Brunch. You won't be disappointed, it's a fabulous meal. We've brunched on both the Dream and Fantasy...love them both.

Yes we plan to take advantage of the lounge as much as possible so I'm sure we will meet many times. Can't wait.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #1103
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

Happy Limo Charter

There is room available on our bus charter right now as 6 seats in each direction have become available due to a change in plans.

Anyone interested please post your requests on this thread and I will put your name on those seats.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #1104
disneyeveryyear
Not fully packed until she gets on the plane and then there’s always Wal-Mart!
Disney Lover!!!! (I think I am addicted to exclamation points!)

DH (Bob) and I booked yesterday as my 50th birthday present.

We booked a 9B on Deck 2. Haven't cruised with DCL since 2003, but we are really looking forward to member cruise.

I am a little concerned about a cruise "to nowhere," since DH isn't really a beach person, but maybe he can relax.

I will keep my fingers crossed that we might be able to pick up a cabana. A little bike riding and some walking might keep him entertained.

I am really looking forward to the special onboard activities.

See you soon!

Beverly
Old 06-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #1105
SC Minnie
Are we there yet???
Buying toilet paper is like flushing money down the toilet.
The folded over ones are the absolute best!!!

Haven't been on this thread much lately but now that our last trip before the cruising is done we can concentrate on cruise planning.

Anybody know what the current Castaway Club gift is?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #1106
Henlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Minnie View Post
Haven't been on this thread much lately but now that our last trip before the cruising is done we can concentrate on cruise planning.

Anybody know what the current Castaway Club gift is?
Welcome back

At the end of April, the Castaway Club gift was still the blue DCL back pack, 2 pkgs of mickey cheese crackers, Castaway Club key chain. We are gold, so also got a luggage strap, pkg of note cards and a bound journal with pen.
The last luggage strap we got was black with red, this one was black with blue.

Henlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #1107
jvgiordano
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to the Sept MC

This will be the first cruise with DW without the kids since our honeymoon. We're going to take in a couple of days at SSR before the cruise and get a chance to do the Epcot Wine & Food Festival before we board the ship!

Apologies if this was already covered in the thread (I'm new to DISboards): are there any formal nights during the MC?
jvgiordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #1108
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Hello and Welcome to the new posters! I am an old disboard person, but a newbie for the DVC and Member Cruises, but I actually know the answer to the formal question! No, there is no Formal night.

There are lots of "seasoned veterans" here, so they will able to answer any of your questions.

Looking forward to meeting everyone IRL- or as the kids say In Real Life!
Deb and Jed
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #1109
Lexbelle
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone! I'm new at all this forum thing. Going on my first member and would like to know what to expect. Thanks
Lexbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #1110
karebear06
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the excursions are the same at castaway cay on the dvc cruise? I was hoping there might be something different.
karebear06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: