Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #1036
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfreeman33 View Post
Since we have never been on a Disney cruise, I'm not sure how this works compared to other lines........
We are a party of 2, but like having a larger dining table of 8-10. I thinks it's fun to meet other cruisers and we have made some life long friends that started out as table mates.
Joe & I eat alone every day....I want to meet and eat with other fun people on a cruise. When I booked the cruise thru MS, they never even asked me what size table I wanted. I did pick late seating.....
I'm on page 49 of this tread and didn't see the answer to this question. Lots of posts for this cruise and I'm enjoying reading them.

Thanks -
Karen (& Joe) Freeman
Cabin #8522
Hi Karen,
Welcome to our cruise meet. I've added you to the roll call on page one. We have a large group (including Henlady) with early dining, so if you consider switching your time you're welcome to join us.

We also have 4 seats available on our bus charter from the port to WDW. Check the front page for info. Let me know if you would like to join our cabin crawl and meet some cruisers and see some different cabin types on our at sea day. Should be a good time.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #1037
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Welcome Karen...we are on 2nd dining. I am coming with my uncle/aunt (not much older than me-all within the 45-65 isn range), my cousin and her daughter who is 12..so we are a party of 5, we could easily add 2 if you want some company! Feel free to PM me if you like!
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #1038
jkfreeman33
Mouseketeer

pre/post cruise plans

trying to decide what to do either before or after this cruise and someone suggested doing back 2 back cruises. When I priced it out.....the cruise after is $120 ($60 p/p) more than the cruise before. This is keeping the same cabin we are in for the member cruise #8522.
Oct must be a little more expensive than Sept.......
I'm almost thinking that the pre-cruise cruise is less expensive than spending 3 days in Disney. The price of park passes alone is almost as much as the cruise fare. I don't have anymore points available this year, my nephew & family (3 boys, 5.4 & 1) are using the last of my points in May, so I would have to pay for hotel & park passes.....
Just might have to consider doing a back to back cruise. Thanks for the suggestion!!
Karen F
jkfreeman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #1039
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

Karen,
I like your line of thinking. Sounds like a perfectly good reason to book a B2B cruise and it's easier logistically.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #1040
abigaillynn
Mouseketeer

This is our 6th Disney cruise but 1st member cruise. It's April 16th so now I have time to check out the board! We are Peggy and Gary and former Chicagoan's. Hi to jkfreeman from Crestwood and riarsen68! We both grew up on the North Side and lived in Gurnee before we got transferred to our new home in Florida! Looking forward to meeting everyone! We are late seating and will see where we end up since it's only the 2 of us! As long as a martini tasting doesn't interfere we would love to sign up for the Cabin Crawl. As long as it's Disney it's all good!
abigaillynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #1041
rlarsen68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigaillynn View Post
This is our 6th Disney cruise but 1st member cruise. It's April 16th so now I have time to check out the board! We are Peggy and Gary and former Chicagoan's. Hi to jkfreeman from Crestwood and riarsen68! We both grew up on the North Side and lived in Gurnee before we got transferred to our new home in Florida! Looking forward to meeting everyone! We are late seating and will see where we end up since it's only the 2 of us! As long as a martini tasting doesn't interfere we would love to sign up for the Cabin Crawl. As long as it's Disney it's all good!
Welcome Peggy and Gary! Nice to see some fellow Chicagoans on board. This will be my 5th Disney cruise. But, it is also my first member cruise.

DVC Member since 1999
Visits to Disney World - 25
Visits to Disneyland - 1
Disney Cruises - 4

rlarsen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #1042
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigaillynn View Post
Welcome abigaillynn,
I will sign you up as crawlers and hopefully the tasting won't be a conflict. Look forward to meeting you.

Jim
Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #1043
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Hey it's way too quiet over here.

FYI - next month we'll be approaching the 120 day mark.

Here are some tentative plans:

dinner at Palo and Remy w/ our daughter Marie
Palo brunch? (possible)
rent a cabana
spa treatment of some sort
ride bikes at CC
snorkel? (maybe)
late night swim (if possible)

catch a movie - have no idea what will be playing

and attend whatever special entertainment they offer!

not to mention the cabin crawl and fe.

These 4 days are going to go by very quickly.

I have some photos of cabanas buffet offerings I'll share soon.

what is everyone else planning?
poison ivy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #1044
mdwoodman
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Hey it's way too quiet over here.

FYI - next month we'll be approaching the 120 day mark.

Here are some tentative plans:

dinner at Palo and Remy w/ our daughter Marie
Palo brunch? (possible)
rent a cabana
spa treatment of some sort
ride bikes at CC
snorkel? (maybe)
late night swim (if possible)

catch a movie - have no idea what will be playing

and attend whatever special entertainment they offer!

not to mention the cabin crawl and fe.

These 4 days are going to go by very quickly.

I have some photos of cabanas buffet offerings I'll share soon.

what is everyone else planning?
I think you've got it pretty well covered! I don't think we'll be quite as adventuresome as you.

Palo Dinner
Palo Brunch
Cabin Crawl
Special Entertainment
Disney Shows (there are one or two new ones for us)
Pirates IN the Caribbean
May 08 - MS Oosterdam (Alaska) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Dec 08 - Carnival Miracle (Southern Caribbean) _ Jun 09 - Carnival Glory (Eastern Caribbean)
Sep 10 - Disney Magic (Westbound transAtlantic) _ _ _ _ Oct 11 - Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) _ _ _ _ Jun 12 - MS Statendam (Alaska S/B)
Aug 12 - Carnival Legend (Western Caribbean) _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (DVC Member Cruise)
Mar 14 - Disney Magic (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Sep 14 - Disney Magic (WBTA)

mdwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #1045
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

Here are some things to add;

Concierge Lounge Lattes and treats
room service
virtual golf
Antipasta & Gnocchi(Palo), Baguette & Cheese(Remy)
Cabanas ice cream
bumpout balcony deck 12
Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #1046
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

bus charter

I'm in the process of finalizing the outbound pick up route for our bus charter and need to reconfirm everyone's pre cruise resorts. Please post here with your confirmed stay.

We are booked at AKV Jambo so that stop is confirmed.

Thanks, Jim
Old 04-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #1047
Crazy8Ma
Earning My Ears

8 confirmed at the Pop pre and 10 Ft Wilderness post. Thanks
Crazy8Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #1048
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Quest View Post
I'm in the process of finalizing the outbound pick up route for our bus charter and need to reconfirm everyone's pre cruise resorts. Please post here with your confirmed stay.

Thanks, Jim
We're confirmed at the Yacht Club pre-cruise. If outbound means to the ship...

• Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal December 2012
  • Dream DVC Member Cruise Bahamas September 2012
  • Dream Bahamas April 2012
  • Magic Eastern Caribbean October 2011
  • Wonder Bahamas December 2010
Proud DVC Member since 2011 | Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Nat Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #1049
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Here are some things to add;

Concierge Lounge Lattes and treats
room service
virtual golf
Antipasta & Gnocchi(Palo), Baguette & Cheese(Remy)
Cabanas ice cream
bumpout balcony deck 12
"bumpout balcony deck 12"

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
JLSE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #1050
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:

Thanks, Jim
6 to be picked up at Beach Club before the cruise and returned to OKW after.
thank you!

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
JLSE50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: