Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #811
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydee70 View Post
What time will you be making the trip back to WDW? We arerenting a car for the trip to the cruise. We are flying in a few day early to stay in Cape Canaveral and go tour the Space Center. We haven't decided what were doing after cruise we are going to spend a few days at WDW.

I'm ready for Sept. To hurry up and get here.
The earlier the better in my opinion. It depends on everyone's meal times. Right now the bus is scheduled for 9:30am pick up, but that can be moved up if we are able to load sooner. Let me know how you all feel.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #812
Lorelai71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Quest View Post
You guys might see us, we'll be flying Southwest out of Philly also.
Johnny Quest,
Hope we get some good fares out of Philly. Several years ago, the possibility of $50 - $60 fares were so in. We haven't flown in a while. Are there still prices like them around?
08/03/07 - 08/18/07: BWV, Vero - Family Vacation
08/04/06 - 08/19/06: BWV - Family Vacation
11/08/05 - 11/14/05: BWV, Disney Wonder, SSR - Surprise Birthday Cruise
08/11/05 - 08/19/05: CBR - First Family Vacation

DVC Member: SSR - 8/05

Upcoming Trip/s: Member Cruise: September 29, 2013
Lorelai71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #813
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Lorelai,

those fares are still around but it takes diligence and constant checking. The last time I saw them was one particular weekday in November. Southwest had a 40% off non-advertised "flash" sale crop up on their website that lasted only as long as whatever discounted seats they put in inventory were available. They had very restrictive dates of travel and required a RT to qualify. If you happened to be flexible, the savings were crazy.

Once fares are posted, I will check daily for that reason.

September isn't a peak month so hopefully we will be able to secure something reasonable.
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #814
Lorelai71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Lorelai,

those fares are still around but it takes diligence and constant checking. The last time I saw them was one particular weekday in November. Southwest had a 40% off non-advertised "flash" sale crop up on their website that lasted only as long as whatever discounted seats they put in inventory were available. They had very restrictive dates of travel and required a RT to qualify. If you happened to be flexible, the savings were crazy.

Once fares are posted, I will check daily for that reason.

September isn't a peak month so hopefully we will be able to secure something reasonable.

Cool beans! Thanks. I will keep an eye out too and share what I find.

I am trying to decide if we should fly down Friday night or early Saturday morning. Normally, we would go down on Saturday.

When is everyone flying in?

I know if we get in late Friday night it is probably just enough time to eat and sleep but the joy of waking up in DW is so fantastic.
08/03/07 - 08/18/07: BWV, Vero - Family Vacation
08/04/06 - 08/19/06: BWV - Family Vacation
11/08/05 - 11/14/05: BWV, Disney Wonder, SSR - Surprise Birthday Cruise
08/11/05 - 08/19/05: CBR - First Family Vacation

DVC Member: SSR - 8/05

Upcoming Trip/s: Member Cruise: September 29, 2013
Lorelai71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #815
picc_2
Earning My Ears

We Have Our Stateroom Reserved

I can't wait for this cruise because it falls for the first time that we can participate. We have been DVC members since 2007 and have taken advantage of two free cruises and our most recent cruise was 2012 Alaska out of Seattle which was AMAZING!

I know the member cruise is very different than the other Disney cruises and wished it was for a week but 4 days will work. We will be staying at AK several days prior to the cruise.

I would love to meet up with other DVC members and make some lasting friendships.
picc_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #816
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc_2
I can't wait for this cruise because it falls for the first time that we can participate. We have been DVC members since 2007 and have taken advantage of two free cruises and our most recent cruise was 2012 Alaska out of Seattle which was AMAZING!

I know the member cruise is very different than the other Disney cruises and wished it was for a week but 4 days will work. We will be staying at AK several days prior to the cruise.

I would love to meet up with other DVC members and make some lasting friendships.
I agree. We did the 3 day members cruise and it was way to short!
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #817
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

I met a fast friend and favorite travel buddy on the member cruise! Never had more fun! I wish they would do a 7 day!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #818
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc_2 View Post

Welcome to the cruise picc_2. We are also staying at AKV the night before the cruise. This is our first Member Cruise also.

I will add you to the roll call and check the front page link in my signature for details. What catagory cabin were you able to get?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #819
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai71 View Post
Cool beans! Thanks. I will keep an eye out too and share what I find.

I am trying to decide if we should fly down Friday night or early Saturday morning. Normally, we would go down on Saturday.

When is everyone flying in?

I know if we get in late Friday night it is probably just enough time to eat and sleep but the joy of waking up in DW is so fantastic.
Our original plan was to fly in Sat am. But travelling with my parents adds the need for extra time so we're considering Friday as well.

Southwest isn't making this decision any easier by only opening up fares thru Friday 9/27 this coming Monday. If they look good, we'll go ahead and reserve knowing we can always change it if something better crops up.

I have a two bdrm club level reserved at AKV for Sat night only. Friday night of course is sold out at this point and I'm kicking myself for not holding it when I had the chance. So add that to the list of challenges!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #820
Crazy8Ma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Quest View Post
Thank you for the prompt responses. Your seats are reserved!

FYI - I think you should hang out in the trees with us post cruise. What a BBQ that would be!
I have reserved our two rooms for one night at the Pop night before cruise. And we are considering the FW Cabins for 2 nights upon return. I would love to at least come and take a quick tour of your Treehouse. I have always wanted to stay there and was considering it for this trip but there will be 10 of us upon return. We spent our Honeymoon at the FW Cabins 29 years ago, stayed there many times when our 3 girls where little, but then after having our son we didn't fit anymore (always had gma with us) so my son is excited to finally get the chance to stay there. It's been a long time and the cabins looks like they have changed quite. Plus my kids are Hoopdeedo fanatics and are thinking of taking in the show.
Crazy8Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #821
mdwoodman
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Cabin Tour?

During our transAtlantic cruise, on a day at sea, we organized a cabin tour amongst ourselves so that the DISers could see the layouts of the various categories. Since this is our first time on the Dream, it would be fun for us to do this. Anyone else interested?
May 08 - MS Oosterdam (Alaska) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Dec 08 - Carnival Miracle (Southern Caribbean) _ Jun 09 - Carnival Glory (Eastern Caribbean)
Sep 10 - Disney Magic (Westbound transAtlantic) _ _ _ _ Oct 11 - Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) _ _ _ _ Jun 12 - MS Statendam (Alaska S/B)
Aug 12 - Carnival Legend (Western Caribbean) _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (DVC Member Cruise)
Mar 14 - Disney Magic (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Sep 14 - Disney Magic (WBTA)

mdwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #822
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

picc_2 to our cruise meet!!! WOW you joined the Dis in 2009 but only have 3 posts!!! I hope you up that count and jump right in on these boards. We are glad you are here.

If you read the first page, you'll see the details on our bus charter to the port. One of our pickups is AKV. So, if you need a ride and want to join in, let us know. Seats are limited and my BIL is panicking!!! (he can't commit and may need 5 of them!)

crazy8ma: Great plans!!! We had a FW cabin 5 yrs ago. I don't know where you used to stay in the cabins, but there are no longer any located near the preferred campsite area. They are near the trading post and main pool area.

WE of course loved it!!! We only wish we had a golfcart but we didn't reserve one ahead of time and they were all taken so we walked a bit to get around!!! They run internal busses as well.

Check out the that camping forum on the Dis. I know there are "regulars" who frequent in Oct for food and wine and halloween events. Maybe you'll see some great decorated sites when you're there. That's something I would have loved growing up!! It's probably us FW vets who camped there as kids doing it now. Too funny.

(ps. don't tell JQ if you see halloween decor or he'll be right over - he's been dying to do a golfcart crawl!!)

The hoop dee do reminds me of a cruiser we met two weeks ago who was mortified they served her food in a bucket!!! I can't remember how the topic came up. I thought to myself "you have no idea what we thought was normal" when we camped in the 70's!?!?!? I haven't seen the show in decades but I've heard it's really a ton of fun now - especially with some good spirited participaters!!!

Wow everyone's plans are really shaping up!!!

mdwoodman: I know JQ will be in for a cabin crawl. We have the 4 connected concierge cabins on the "bumpout" of the Dream starboard that we'll be happy to open up for everyone to check out. Anybody else???

Last edited by poison ivy; 02-02-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #823
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
I met a fast friend and favorite travel buddy on the member cruise! Never had more fun! I wish they would do a 7 day!
Are they part of your travelling group on this cruise? Sounds like you have a great trip planned as well.

Who's doing Food and Wine?
Who's doing MNSSHP?

we are on all counts!!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #824
mdwoodman
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Quote:

mdwoodman: I know JQ will be in for a cabin crawl. We have the 4 connected concierge cabins on the "bumpout" of the Dream starboard that we'll be happy to open up for everyone to check out. Anybody else???
Thanks, Poison Ivy. We're in an aft-facing 5E, so it should be somewhat unique. Who else?
May 08 - MS Oosterdam (Alaska) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Dec 08 - Carnival Miracle (Southern Caribbean) _ Jun 09 - Carnival Glory (Eastern Caribbean)
Sep 10 - Disney Magic (Westbound transAtlantic) _ _ _ _ Oct 11 - Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) _ _ _ _ Jun 12 - MS Statendam (Alaska S/B)
Aug 12 - Carnival Legend (Western Caribbean) _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (DVC Member Cruise)
Mar 14 - Disney Magic (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Sep 14 - Disney Magic (WBTA)

mdwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #825
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Quote:
Are they part of your travelling group on this cruise? Sounds like you have a great trip planned as well.

Who's doing Food and Wine?
Who's doing MNSSHP?

we are on all counts!!
Sadly...no they couldn't get away for this cruise...although I haven't given up trying to get them to come! However, she convinced me to join in her reservation for a Dream cruise in March and we signed up to be on the DVC ABD trip to NYC. We've done NY plenty of times, but DVC does have a great itinerary and hopefully as many fun surprises as on the member cruises! But I do have a great group coming with me on this cruise! My mom's brother and his wife (they are so close in age to me that it is hard for me to call them Aunt and Uncle!) and my cousin and her daughter who have never been on a cruise...let alone a DISNEY membership cruise! My aunt and uncle are also members. So..it will be a different experience, but none the less a great one! There does seem to be a different feel to the cruise when it is all members! We will be staying at a treehouse after the cruise so I do intend to get to food and wine!! Not sure yet about MNSSHP! So exciting!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: