Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #496
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701
Yes that parking right underneath the building at Kadani is a very attractive feature, but alas we never rent a car in FL so it's not that attractive for us.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
No I can see without a car that would not be a plus! Do you find the buses good from AKV?
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #497
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,998

I have no problem with the busses. Sometimes you have to wait for them but hey you have to wait in line for the rides too so no biggie to me

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
__________________
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #498
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701
I have no problem with the busses. Sometimes you have to wait for them but hey you have to wait in line for the rides too so no biggie to me

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
Yes thats good to know. Even though we rent a car we still love the Disney transport system. We use it a lot to get around from SSR. Saves DW having to drive all the time plus it can be easier than trying to find parking! Dont mind a wait :-) we are on vacation!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #499
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 697

Jonesing to go.

Christine and I love the AKV. The Jambo lobby is amazing and club level is quite a bonus when we can do it. Make sure you try the Tandoori shrimp at Sanaa...awesome!

Right now, I can't wait till we leave for our 4 day stay at the Yacht Club on Dec. 10th. While we are there we can catch the brand new Fantasy Land and Test Track. Poison Ivy will be in seminars each day (too bad for her), while I lounge and feast on whatever I please!... Someone has to do it!

Has anyone dined at the Biergarten in Germany? If so please give us your review, We are trying it as the Candlelight package.
__________________
Johnny Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #500
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Quest
Christine and I love the AKV. The Jambo lobby is amazing and club level is quite a bonus when we can do it. Make sure you try the Tandoori shrimp at Sanaa...awesome!

Right now, I can't wait till we leave for our 4 day stay at the Yacht Club on Dec. 10th. While we are there we can catch the brand new Fantasy Land and Test Track. Poison Ivy will be in seminars each day (too bad for her), while I lounge and feast on whatever I please!... Someone has to do it!

Has anyone dined at the Biergarten in Germany? If so please give us your review, We are trying it as the Candlelight package.
The new Fantasy Land is amazing you will love it! What seminars is Poison Ivy doing?
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #501
KerryFamily04
We love everything Disney
 
KerryFamily04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy

thanks so much for this. Sounds like there will be some really great alternatives to enjoy. So the plan was to get there before my granddaughter actually turns three early Jan. This way both kids were free. But they keep putting it off and they're running out of time plus it's now into the holiday season.

So all I can do is emphasize the need for an overnight stay vs a daytrip. I really hope they pull this off early Dec. I hope they either parkhop or upgrade to a two day pass. I'll share some of the tips here with them.
Lucky for them if they don't volunteer that she's 3 they CM won't ask. I don't get a ticket for my daughter till she blows the whistle. Lol! But 2 days for the first time early December would be perfect for the first time.
__________________
url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/url]
KerryFamily04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #502
Henlady
DIS Veteran
 
Henlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,640

Well, we JUST this morning got our call from DCL about this cruise being cancelled!! Can you believe they are still doing an initial notification to people!?!?!

JQ & PI: How great for you to be going to the world for a few days so soon.
Years ago, Don went to a seminar at WDW and I tagged along, they were a couple of wonderful days I spent on my own, just doing whatever I wanted, so relaxing.
Have a great time.

DD and I are starting to get excited about the April Cruise. Can't wait. I just realized I can do online checkin & book Palo on Jan 12th
__________________
WDW:1976,1982,1986,1988,1990,1992,1993,1994,1995, 1996,1997,1999,2001,2002,2004,2005,2006(X2),2007, 2008,2009,2010,2011(X2), 2013
WONDER: 10/2005, 11/2007, 5/2010, DREAM: 5/2011, 11/2011, DVC Member Cruise 9/29/13, MAGIC 5 Nights to Canada 9/2/2012, FANTASY: 7 Night Western 4/27/13,

Henlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #503
poison ivy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
The new Fantasy Land is amazing you will love it! What seminars is Poison Ivy doing?
Well he's not here to defend himself but it's a tax seminar. yeah, I know real glamorous!!! So while I'm fighting to keep awake, JQ is planning to take his new toy - the DVC Premium AP - and run around the world eating holiday treats and forgetting all about me. I tried to bribe him with a free lunch ticket. I doubt it will work - I'm up against some serious competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFamily04 View Post
Lucky for them if they don't volunteer that she's 3 they CM won't ask. I don't get a ticket for my daughter till she blows the whistle. Lol! But 2 days for the first time early December would be perfect for the first time.
I think it's so beautiful this time of year. Thanks for that age tip. I will pass it along. We have a motto in our household - "act confident"! It helps tremendously. but I can just picture my granddaughter holding up 3 fingers!!!! Too funny!!!!

btw - what did you guys decide to do with this cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlady View Post
Well, we JUST this morning got our call from DCL about this cruise being cancelled!! Can you believe they are still doing an initial notification to people!?!?!

JQ & PI: How great for you to be going to the world for a few days so soon.
Years ago, Don went to a seminar at WDW and I tagged along, they were a couple of wonderful days I spent on my own, just doing whatever I wanted, so relaxing.
Have a great time.

DD and I are starting to get excited about the April Cruise. Can't wait. I just realized I can do online checkin & book Palo on Jan 12th
OK - I must have gotten the call behind you because I just got off the phone with them too! And when I said we'd been in contact with the DVC she mentioned our rep by name. I confirmed yes that's him!!! She stated they are simply making sure they have made contact with everyone. Wonder if we'll get 4 calls then since we listed JQ's cell on all the rsvps!!!

Oh and don't encourage James about the conference!!! He needs very little to get motivated here. I can just see all the picture texts I'm gonna be getting!!!

Really glad you are getting excited for the Fantasy. You will love it.
poison ivy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #504
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer
 
Dreamer7787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 214

We also got our call. I had missed it so the message they left said I had until December 5th to call them back. I got put on hold for ~10 minutes until they came back to say I should be fine and that they probably shouldn't have called me.
__________________
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
Wedding and Disneymoon TR (Updated 3/11)
The Crazy 8: Ma Pa Me, FI, Sis1, FI1, Sis2, Bro
Dreamer7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #505
poison ivy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 945

JQ just called me and said " the cruise line just called me asking for Joe". To which I replied "you're such a dork! what did you say?"

"I told them no I wasn't Joe but I'm the main contact on the rsvp". the rep told him to have Joe call them and left a number.

I said you're gonna get more calls, just play along.
poison ivy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #506
Johnny Quest
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 697

I'm no dork!

Ok, when they called I was right in the middle of working and it threw me when they asked for "Mr. Joe". Who the heck uses first names like that. My catholic guilt reflex took over instantly and I told the truth. She wanted nothing to do with me, just wanted to talk to "Mr. Joe". I'm blaming it on my wonderful honest parents...they raised me right.

At least I'm an honest dork.
__________________
Johnny Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #507
Henlady
DIS Veteran
 
Henlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Quest View Post
My catholic guilt reflex took over instantly and I told the truth. She wanted nothing to do with me, just wanted to talk to "Mr. Joe". I'm blaming it on my wonderful honest parents...they raised me right.

At least I'm an honest dork.
You know, that guilt reflex does stick with you. I totally cringe everytime someone calls for my boss and he says "just tell them I'm out of the office", and he's sitting in his office, reading sports updates on his computer.
__________________
WDW:1976,1982,1986,1988,1990,1992,1993,1994,1995, 1996,1997,1999,2001,2002,2004,2005,2006(X2),2007, 2008,2009,2010,2011(X2), 2013
WONDER: 10/2005, 11/2007, 5/2010, DREAM: 5/2011, 11/2011, DVC Member Cruise 9/29/13, MAGIC 5 Nights to Canada 9/2/2012, FANTASY: 7 Night Western 4/27/13,

Henlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #508
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,998

I have to be honest after seeing the excitement here. I find the new Fantasyland very underwhelming. It's just a bunch of meet and greats and a clone if our Little Mermaid rude here at DCA. Maybe when the Dwarfs mine train coaster opens I will a little more excited but right now it's not doing much for me. Glad to see other are getting called. What is everyone doing for new cruises.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
__________________
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #509
KerryFamily04
We love everything Disney
 
KerryFamily04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy

I think it's so beautiful this time of year. Thanks for that age tip. I will pass it along. We have a motto in our household - "act confident"! It helps tremendously. but I can just picture my granddaughter holding up 3 fingers!!!! Too funny!!!!

btw - what did you guys decide to do with this cruise?

.
I haven't decided anything yet. I sure wasn't planning on the ridiculous price jump, nor changing. They called and left a message but I have made absolutely no effort to call them back, till I'm in a negotiating/fighting mood. I better get something for the nonsense. Really for the price change I would rather do a 7 day. I was planning the 4 connected to a week and a half at WDW. So I need to re think now. Do I still shoot for Halloween festivities/food and wine or move towards Xmas festivities. UGh! I don't like change. Lol!!
__________________
url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/url]
KerryFamily04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #510
poison ivy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 945

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFamily04 View Post
I haven't decided anything yet. I sure wasn't planning on the ridiculous price jump, nor changing. They called and left a message but I have made absolutely no effort to call them back, till I'm in a negotiating/fighting mood. I better get something for the nonsense. Really for the price change I would rather do a 7 day. I was planning the 4 connected to a week and a half at WDW. So I need to re think now. Do I still shoot for Halloween festivities/food and wine or move towards Xmas festivities. UGh! I don't like change. Lol!!
My advise, is do not allow the DCL to cancel until exploring all options directly with the DVC. Have you been in contact with them?
poison ivy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: