Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by motch6 View Post
And what exactly would that pricing be? If I pay for the VONS 3-day hopper at $144 what would the upgrade price be? Can anyone Confirm?

Because if the difference makes the total cost around $200-$234 a ticket... that's NOT a deal. That's regular pricing... heh!
Right. You will pay the difference, so you will not "keep" that discount once you go into the park and upgrade. There is no discount for APs as far as I know. I did this at the end of 2010.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #17
Huff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And what exactly would that pricing be? If I pay for the VONS 3-day hopper at $144 what would the upgrade price be? Can anyone Confirm?

Because if the difference makes the total cost around $200-$234 a ticket... that's NOT a deal. That's regular pricing... heh!
Thats what the OP was referring to. If you got a great discount on a ticket somewhere and wish to upgrade it at the Disney ticket booths this is what happens! Disney will credit what you paid for the ticket and then charge you gate price for the new ticket you wish to upgrade to. You lose any savings you may have had when you bought the discounted ticket.

Note that this is not the way it used to be. Awhile back Disney credited you the gate price. They also pro-rated your AP for days remaining when you wanted to upgrade to a different type of AP. Not anymore on both counts!
2007 POP
2008 POP
2010 POP
2011 POP
2012 POP
2014 POP
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:

Right, you lose the discount entirely. It's not a great deal, that's why we always buy our hoppers from AAA, we get free parking and pay "regular" price so when we upgrade we've paid more towards the AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
Thats what the OP was referring to. If you got a great discount on a ticket somewhere and wish to upgrade it at the Disney ticket booths this is what happens! Disney will credit what you paid for the ticket and then charge you gate price for the new ticket you wish to upgrade to. You lose any savings you may have had when you bought the discounted ticket.

Note that this is not the way it used to be. Awhile back Disney credited you the gate price. They also pro-rated your AP for days remaining when you wanted to upgrade to a different type of AP. Not anymore on both counts!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #19
jofo
Mouseketeer

Are the tickets sold at So. Cal. VONS for So. Cal. residents only?
jofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #20
alleycatmom
Earning My Ears

Kind of off-topic, but what if you won donated tickets at a charity auction -- how would you go about upgrading those, if it's even possible? There are some one-day hoppers up for bid at my kid's school.
alleycatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
rramstad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofo View Post
That's my understanding, apparently Disney requires photo identification with the So Cal address on it to use the ticket. There are specific zip codes that are eligible. I don't know how they actually enforce this, but it sounded pretty tight.
rramstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #22
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
If they are the So Cal versions yes, I don't know if So Cal stores sell non-So Cal passes.....lol If that makes any sense. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycatmom View Post
Kind of off-topic, but what if you won donated tickets at a charity auction -- how would you go about upgrading those, if it's even possible? There are some one-day hoppers up for bid at my kid's school.
Generally these do not have a value assigned. If they do then it will come up when they are scanned at the parks, unfortunately I don't think there is a way to tell beforehand. I'm not sure of course, I haven't seen the tickets, but usually donated tickets are not assigned a value.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

As Kerri stated, they usually carry no value. You could get lucky if they were purchased outright.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #24
alleycatmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I'm not sure of course, I haven't seen the tickets, but usually donated tickets are not assigned a value.
Thanks! The tax thing the PTA had to fill out said the pack of four one-day hoppers is valued at $420. I wonder if that translates to a "real" face value for upgrade purposes. If I win them, I'll find out

Last edited by alleycatmom; 03-30-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Oops, $420 not $450
alleycatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #25
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

As assigned value for tax purposes is different from a tax value that Disney will assign. Good luck!! I hope you get lucky!!

Old 04-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycatmom View Post
Thanks! The tax thing the PTA had to fill out said the pack of four one-day hoppers is valued at $420. I wonder if that translates to a "real" face value for upgrade purposes. If I win them, I'll find out
I've been a PTA person who received the same type of WDW passes that you described for auction purposes: 4 single day single park passes. The value they assigned is based on a single day single park admission price. The tickets themselves are plain white with black text - no colorful backgrounds or images. They do not have a gate value as they are donated - complimentary tickets - similar to the ones they give to cast members for them to pass to their friends. So, no, I do not believe they can be upgraded. You can always stop into your school office and ask to have a look at the physical tickets before you bid and see what kind of "fine print" is on the tickets governing their use. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #27
emilym27
Earning My Ears

I would be prepared to pay the difference I bought 3 day park hoppers thru my work discounted $702 for 3 adult and 1 kid. I upgraded to Annual Passes and they gave me credit for $780 leaving $61.00 to pay for the rest of the year total month for all 4 of us. I fully expected to pay full price and loose my discount but that was not the case. This was last month and don't know if I just got lucky or not. The CM had the manager do something in her computer for the large credit.
emilym27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #28
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rramstad View Post
That's my understanding, apparently Disney requires photo identification with the So Cal address on it to use the ticket. There are specific zip codes that are eligible. I don't know how they actually enforce this, but it sounded pretty tight.
I live in So Cal(don't have a Cal Id yet) and bought 2day so cal park hoppers for my fiance' and I and they didn't ID us at the store OR at the gates! Pay either cash or debit and you'll be fine.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #29
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
I live in So Cal(don't have a Cal Id yet) and bought 2day so cal park hoppers for my fiance' and I and they didn't ID us at the store OR at the gates! Pay either cash or debit and you'll be fine.
Why? Do you think they pop up the zip code of a credit card? Wow, that's pretty intricate if they really differentiate between how the hoppers were purchased.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #30
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilym27 View Post
I would be prepared to pay the difference I bought 3 day park hoppers thru my work discounted $702 for 3 adult and 1 kid. I upgraded to Annual Passes and they gave me credit for $780 leaving $61.00 to pay for the rest of the year total month for all 4 of us. I fully expected to pay full price and loose my discount but that was not the case. This was last month and don't know if I just got lucky or not. The CM had the manager do something in her computer for the large credit.
You got lucky! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
As did you.

Tags
costco, disneyland, tickets

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: