Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #46
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Hi....Where is the sausage?

Quick question....you were in Animators Palate on Pirates night...right? Did this effect the restaurants regular show and did Crush still come out and talk with guests?

Thanks ahead of time...I'm on the Dream for the NYE cruise in 2013.
The sausage is coming up! I promise!!

Yes we were in Animator's Palate on Pirates night and we didn't miss anything at all! We saw all of the Pirate celebration as well as everything that Animator's Palate has to offer. Crush came out as well as all of the other characters - it was amazing and you'll love it!!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #47
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quick question....you were in Animators Palate on Pirates night...right? Did this effect the restaurants regular show and did Crush still come out and talk with guests?

The sausage is coming up! I promise!!

Yes we were in Animator's Palate on Pirates night and we didn't miss anything at all! We saw all of the Pirate celebration as well as everything that Animator's Palate has to offer. Crush came out as well as all of the other characters - it was amazing and you'll love it!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #48
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

The food looks amazing but especially that filet of beef looking forward to more food photos

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #49
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

waiting impatiently for more

Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #50
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
waiting impatiently for more
Every day I think "I'm going to go home tonight and write the next piece of my trip report!" and then of course I get home and I get distracted with house cleaning and such. At least last night I was able to get all of the photos uploaded so I'll see what I can do this weekend!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #51
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay!

Finally an update!! I apologize for the long absence but time just gets away from you sometimes. After visiting Nassau, the next day was Castaway Cay! Youíll have to forgive me because I had written notes to myself every day about what we did and for some reason I just stopped doing it. So Iím relying on my somewhat questionable memory for the remainder of the trip!

Reading this board has been fabulous but there some threads about the ship not being able to dock at Castaway Cay and it made me nervous. Of course I would have been disappointed and I would have made the best of the situation and we still would have had fun but I really wanted to see Castaway Cay! I was up very early this morning probably because I was a bit nervous about it! Eilee was fast asleep as I looked out the porthole to see that we were moving very slowly and about to dock. The weather was a bit windy and gray so I had to oversee the process to make sure everything went well! So I threw on some clothes and went up to deck 12 to watch!

You can see, the ship was hopping and many other people wanted to watch us dock as well.

I could see quite a few employees on the dock waiting for us to come in. It made me wonder how many people live there on the island. Look, you can see tiny people out on the bridge!

I had to hold the camera out over the rail to get these shots and I was sure that it would fall right into the water but it didnít!

I ran back down to the room, took a shower and got Eilee moving. We met Holly & Leah for breakfast at Cabanaís and then we prepared to leave the ship. We had no excursions for this day either so we were just going with the flow! And Iím glad that we hadnít booked excursions because when we got off of the ship we saw signs all over stating that most of them (such as glass bottom boat tours and fishing excursions were cancelled). We decided not to take the tram at the end of the dock and we took the path along the beach which wasnít a long walk at all.

The first thing we saw on the island was that cat that lives there! I didnít get any photos of it but it let us stop to say hi, give a quick pet and then we moved on.

Once we got to the beach we saw the shop where you could rent snorkel equipment. There were some planned activities on Castaway Cay for the tween group from The Edge so we found the location where they would meet later so that the girls would know where to go. They wanted to snorkel but Holly & I thought it was too chilly so we gladly plopped down on a beach chair and congratulated each other on the fine choice we made to give the girls charging privileges as they went and got their own equipment!

They went right in and were snorkeling around for a while and Holly & I decided to take a walk. We told the girls to return their stuff when they were done . We brought bags with extra clothes and sunscreen and we left their stuff with them. We just wandered around and looked at everything. We saw a few items in the shops that we would come back to get later!

We thought it would be fun to rent some bikes to take a nice ride around the island. It was the perfect day for it because it wasnít hot at all. It got a little warm when the sun came out but then when it would go behind the clouds it was chilly so I was constantly putting on my sweatshirt and then taking it back off! The ride was very fun and just perfect! Around the back side of the island there was a lookout tower and when you climb to the top, this is what you see!

After we stopped at the lookout tower, we rode to the adult beach. This was our first cruise so it was interesting to ride past all of the cabanas! It was very windy at the adult beach and pretty cold but we still decided to take a walk along the shore and there werenít many people here at all.

As we started walking we saw a really hot guy walking towards usÖwe managed to get to him just before all of the other adult women came running!

This is also the most horrible picture of me. Ever. I'm squinting and my shirt was ballooning out from the wind! Nice.

After we returned to the main area, we brought the bikes back and it was time for lunch. This is what we had and I have to say that while it wasnít terrible, this was my least favorite meal of the trip. The burger was dry, the hot dog was dry and the cheesy bread was tough.

After lunch Holly wanted to rest on the beach chairs and do some shopping so I decided to head to the bar of course!! I sat down on a stool and started to look at the menu when I realized that the bartender was none other than my Martini tasting teacher Sukhsan!!! It was like seeing a long lost friend. We chatted about drinks and his life on the ship and he is just a nice, nice guy. He said that there are about 100 people that live on Castaway Cay at any given time for maintenance. Wow! And employees come off of the ship to work the retail stores, rental places, bars and restaurants. During our discussion I decided to try to signature Castaway Cay drink, the Konk Cooler. I have to say that the consistency was lovely (just like soft serve) but it was just too sweet for me. But of course that didnít stop me from drinking it.

The girls had texted us earlier that they had indeed found their Edge group. Iím not exactly sure what they did but I know that they ate lunch together with the counselors. After a while I texted Eilee to let her know that Iíd be going back to the ship around 3:30 because I had a massage scheduled for 4:30. She said that she would come with me because she wouldnít mind a little nap before dinner.

I went to my massage at 4:30 thinking that if I had a 50 minute massage, Iíd get done around 5:30 which would be just in time to run and change before dinner. It didnít quite happen that way. The massage was great, relaxing and all that but afterwards the girl spent a lot of time pitching their products which Iíd heard would happen but I completely forgot about it. I didnít have a chance to interrupt her though I wanted to. I know that once I get back home that Iíd never use that massage oil that she was trying to sell me Ė I donít massage myself and Vince gives a pretty pathetic back massage so definitely not worth the $50 or whatever it was! I wanted her to hurry so I could go eat but I didnít want to be rude. So I nodded my head and finally told her that I had to hurry along to dinner!!

I walked quickly back to the room, grabbed Eilee and we darted off to dinner! We were a tad bit late but not too late. I was so frazzled that I forgot the camera and didnít take any photos at dinner. I donít remember what I ate but I can tell you for sure that Holly & Leah had chicken nuggets off of the kids menu! I can't recall much from that night actually. But Iím a huge football fan and they were showing the playoffs on the big screen on deck 11 that evening!!! So we grabbed some blankets (it was really cold), settle down in the deck chairs and watched some football!! What a way to end the cruise! I'm now thankful that the Packers didn't play the Giants that night.

Coming up Ė leaving the Dream and going to WDW!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #52
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are on this cruise too. I can't wait!

OP, loving your trip report. Hoping to see more of the sausage. My sister and cousins and I travel with a monkey. He loved WDW, but has never been on a cruise.

We also stayed on Deck 2 last time and will be staying there again for NYE 2013.

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #53
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy View Post
We are on this cruise too. I can't wait!

OP, loving your trip report. Hoping to see more of the sausage. My sister and cousins and I travel with a monkey. He loved WDW, but has never been on a cruise.

We also stayed on Deck 2 last time and will be staying there again for NYE 2013.
Have you joined the cruise meet group? It's still really early, but never too early to plan.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #54
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

I just found your TR this morning and am really enjoying it! Your daughter looks like a little sweetie. Can't wait for more!
Old 02-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #55
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

so glad you had the time to continue. Castaway Cay looks amazing considering it's January. The drink there looks weird though - like a dole whip.

Still haven't finished my report from October so I'm a fine one to nag but yours is definitely worth waiting for

Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #56
Tammi67
1st to out the Tag Fairy as the real celeb
I'd definitely choose the swirl

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I would really love to hear from your DD about some of the activities in Edge. My DS12 is curious as to what offerings they have, if there are organized activities or just "hang out" time. Also, what activities do they have on CC?
Tammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #58
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying your tr cant eait to read more!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #59
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Just read your TR and it was fab. Looks like you had a wonderful time and the sausage looked like it had the best views. lol

You'll be on your med trip before you know it. I see that I may get to meet the sausage.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #60
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Return of the Sausage!

I can't believe I forgot to put this in my last post!! Here is the Sausage on Castaway Cay!

The sausage had a very fun, relaxing day on CC!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: