Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #46
gissy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi View Post
Is there anybody else on this cruise?
We will be a party of four in two cabins (4E extended verandah):
Me (34) and my daughter (9) and my parents (59+60).
I'm still hoping that my husband will fall in love with cruising on our upcoming Dream cruise (only five more weeks ) that he will spontaneously decide to come with us...
just book our First cruise ever!! soo excited. This is the first time i'm using this site so forgive me I don't know the short forms.
Cruising are my husband son-9 and daughters 7 and 6
We are spending the week before the Cruise in Disney World, again our first time.
gissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #47
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gissy View Post
just book our First cruise ever!! soo excited. This is the first time i'm using this site so forgive me I don't know the short forms.
Cruising are my husband son-9 and daughters 7 and 6
We are spending the week before the Cruise in Disney World, again our first time.

How exciting for you, are you surprising your daughters or do they know about the trip already?
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #48
gstroop28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccadoby View Post

HI! I am also celebrating my 40th...
My b-day isnt until March BUT we are celebrating ALL our b-days at once.
DH, DD, my Mom, & my Dad (we will be on the cruise for my Dad's)
How cool!! We are celebrating my 40th on this cruise and my birthday is actually ON February 3rd (I was determined to be on a boat on my birthday!!)

We are doing this without the kids (did a 7 day on the Magic back in October 2009). Would love to do the FE thing (of course, my FE has my kids' names on it too - maybe I can put tape on it!)

Look forward to "meeting" you all over the next 261 days

Angie

Magic Eastern - 10/24/2009

gstroop28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #49
gstroop28
DIS Veteran

Cruise is PAID OFF!!

Happy Wednesday all! I haven't been posting like I wanted to (I don't want to get too excited when there is still such a long time to go!) But I just paid off the cruise today! (I was afraid of frittering away the money and I am determined to be on that boat!

I just talked to my Travel Agent who was on one of the first sailings and said the Fantasy is exactly that - FANTASTIC!!

Just to reintroduce myself (and I need to update my avatar) - my hubby Dave (45) and me (turning 40 on the boat) are going to be celebrating my 40th on the boat.

I'm all ready - except now I need to lose about 70 pounds! :-)

For those who are traveling with kids - we did a meet up in person with two other families in our state before we went on the cruise and it was neat the kids could hang out once on the boat - I highly recommend it!

Can't wait to keep talking to you all!

Angie

Magic Eastern - 10/24/2009

gstroop28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #50
gissy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi View Post

How exciting for you, are you surprising your daughters or do they know about the trip already?
The kids don't know, we won't tell them I think we are waiting and seeing how long it takes them to figure it out...I'm thinking when we land if Orlando and they start to see Disney signs all over. I know my husband and I can't wait the next 8 months are going to be hard...lol
Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #51
gissy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPYOW View Post
Still dreaming of our last DC in March on the Magic but ready to start the countdown for the Fantasy! We are party of 9 with 3 cabins on deck 10. Three kids, DS 8, DD 6 and DN(disney niece)7. The kids had so much fun on the last cruise delivering the FE gifts and it was a race back to the cabins every day to see what treasures awaited their return!
would love to hear more about the FE, we are on deck 11 and have a DS 8, DD 7, DD6
this is our first cruise and am very excited and nervous
Old 05-20-2012, 02:53 AM   #52
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gissy View Post
The kids don't know, we won't tell them I think we are waiting and seeing how long it takes them to figure it out...I'm thinking when we land if Orlando and they start to see Disney signs all over. I know my husband and I can't wait the next 8 months are going to be hard...lol
Ah, I would love doing that someday, but I would love it even more if I got surprised by my family, I don't know how many hints my husband needs .
Yes, I guess you have 8 hard months ahead .
Old 06-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #53
reimero
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody!
We just recently got off the May 19-26 Fantasy (Eastern), and holy shnikies, it was AWESOME! Awesome enough that we're in the process of moving our dummy date over to this cruise If there's an FE, count us in! We haven't officially booked, but we've asked the TA to begin the paperwork.

Mimmi, es würde mich freuen, mit Ihnen etwas Deutsch sprechen zu dürfen, da ich so selten hier Deutch sprechen kann. Woher aus Österreich kommen Sie? Ich bin zwar Amerikaner, habe aber 5 Jahre lang in Feldkirch (Vorarlberg) gelebt.

(Rough and incomplete translation: I told Mimmi I was hoping for the opportunity to speak German with her, since I used to live in Austria.)
reimero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #54
heyshanny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reimero View Post
Hi everybody!
We just recently got off the May 19-26 Fantasy (Eastern), and holy shnikies, it was AWESOME! Awesome enough that we're in the process of moving our dummy date over to this cruise If there's an FE, count us in! We haven't officially booked, but we've asked the TA to begin the paperwork
Please tell us about the Fantasy! This will be our first trip on the Fantasy. Did you dine in Palo? I'm pretty sure this group is doing a FE Exchange. Fun!

WDW- too many times to count! Last time 9/99
DCL- Wonder 11/08, Magic 1/12, Fantasy 2/13

Next up....Disney Magic 2/15!
heyshanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #55
reimero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyshanny View Post
Please tell us about the Fantasy! This will be our first trip on the Fantasy. Did you dine in Palo? I'm pretty sure this group is doing a FE Exchange. Fun!
We didn't do Palo or Remy. Actually, it was our first cruise ever, so we were really just enjoying the "basics", as it were. That said, I can tell you a few things...

If you've sailed the Dream or are familiar with it, rest assured, Disney paid attention to feedback regarding some of the shortcomings of the Dream's layout. They stuck with what worked and redesigned some of what didn't. The biggest improvements are in the adult spaces: they're better-identified and "cut off" from the general areas. When you enter an adult space, you generally know it. And there are signs. Around the Quiet Cove pool, you still get the occasional kid/family on the way through, but most people seem to use the midships elevators/stairs. Satellite Falls on Deck 13 is a really nice addition for the grown-ups as well.

I think the Dream has an adult area on deck 12 midships; that's been replaced with a kid and teen-oriented Aqualab, which is somehow tied to the Aquaduck. Since I'm not a kid or teen, I don't know what's going on with that, but I heard it was rather popular and a much better use of the space (particularly with Satellite Falls now being an adult area.) And Europa was overhauled a bit. I don't have an actual basis for comparison, but I really liked that club district, and it seemed to have a pretty good night life going.

The Fantasy has 1 Fantasy-only show (which we skipped) and one moved over from the parks (which was utterly fantastic!) From what I saw and heard, there wasn't a dud in the bunch.

Staterooms are pretty much the same as the reports from the Dream.

I guess it's fair to say we completely fell in love with the Fantasy. Which is why we're sailing again so (relatively) soon!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #56
reimero
DIS Veteran

We are officially booked for this cruise!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #57
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

We have been booked on this cruise for a few months now but I finally made it over to the boards to meet all of you! My DH(40), myself(37) and DS(7) and DD(10) will be happy to say that we will have sailed on every Disney ship once we set foot on the Fantasy. Looking forward to it!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #58
reimero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brancaneve View Post
We have been booked on this cruise for a few months now but I finally made it over to the boards to meet all of you! My DH(40), myself(37) and DS(7) and DD(10) will be happy to say that we will have sailed on every Disney ship once we set foot on the Fantasy. Looking forward to it!
Welcome!!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #59
KristineMN
Earning My Ears

Count us in!

Hello -
We are a family of four from Minnesota: Mom 44, Dad 44, DD 11 and DD 8. We are booked in a veranda stateroom on deck 10 for the Western sailing on Feb. 2, 2013.
We are so excited! This is our first ever cruise. We are relatively new to Disney compared to most people on the DIS. We first went to Disneyworld in 2007 and are hooked! We have been back four times and love, love, love the mouse and all his pals! This year we decided to go for it and plan the cruise as our girls are old enough to really enjoy the freedoms the kids clubs offer (which allows my hubby and I the freedom to enjoy the adult areas!).

We would love to be part of a fish extender group if one is formed! I look forward to vacationing with all of you!! Only 226 days!! Not like we are counting or anything!
KristineMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #60
reimero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineMN View Post
Hello -
We are a family of four from Minnesota: Mom 44, Dad 44, DD 11 and DD 8. We are booked in a veranda stateroom on deck 10 for the Western sailing on Feb. 2, 2013.
We are so excited! This is our first ever cruise. We are relatively new to Disney compared to most people on the DIS. We first went to Disneyworld in 2007 and are hooked! We have been back four times and love, love, love the mouse and all his pals! This year we decided to go for it and plan the cruise as our girls are old enough to really enjoy the freedoms the kids clubs offer (which allows my hubby and I the freedom to enjoy the adult areas!).

We would love to be part of a fish extender group if one is formed! I look forward to vacationing with all of you!! Only 226 days!! Not like we are counting or anything!
Welcome to the group!! You're going to LOVE it!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: