Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #31
mimmi
DIS Veteran

After only one Dcl cruise I'm not very experienced.
Last time one user made a list with stateroom numbers and number of people in it and that was it.
It was up to the participants if they made one gift or cabin or one gift for everybody, we got almost only gifts for everybody and I had made one gift for the adults (with a few different things inside) and gifts for every child.
It was nice not having too many rules as everybody had different luggage allowances and different room in their suitcases, it makes a difference if somebody travels by car or plane,...

The only downside, besides my husband's whining because I had to throw out his sport shoes , was that my daughter wanted to run back to the stateroom every five minutes in the hope for new presents.

It's 345 days out and I have already received confirmation for vacation time from my company, one thing less to worry about .
Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #32
only8daycruise
Earning My Ears

Well at least your daughter got exercise running back to the room and your husband didn't because no sport shoes. Funny! so if I understand this correctly we get a bunch of small things to hand out to all that participate in this, so do most people just get something that is special to there home town or geographic area?
only8daycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #33
heyshanny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by only8daycruise View Post
Well at least your daughter got exercise running back to the room and your husband didn't because no sport shoes. Funny! so if I understand this correctly we get a bunch of small things to hand out to all that participate in this, so do most people just get something that is special to there home town or geographic area?
We are fresh from cruising the Magic and participating in the FE exchange there. Some of the gifts we received : goody bags with candy, stickers, notepads, highlighters, lint roller, CDs of Disney music, safety pins, magnets, hair ties, key chains. What I gave out: barbeque sauce (since we're from the Carolinas and our barbeque is famous) and key chains. I like giving out things that represent where we are from. One cruise we got maple candy from people from Vermont, Old Bay from people from Baltimore, etc. It's so fun!

WDW- too many times to count! Last time 9/99
DCL- Wonder 11/08, Magic 1/12, Fantasy 2/13

Next up....Disney Magic 2/15!
heyshanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #34
mimmi
DIS Veteran

I brought stuff from Austria and from a trip to Japan and we received typical Canadian things from Canadian participants, we loved their stuff.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #35
dorito6778
Earning My Ears

we booked this cruise over the weekend. MH, myself and DD (4 at sailing). its our first Disney cruise, though we are all seasoned cruisers (DD included). can't wait!
dorito6778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #36
heyshanny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorito6778 View Post
we booked this cruise over the weekend. MH, myself and DD (4 at sailing). its our first Disney cruise, though we are all seasoned cruisers (DD included). can't wait!
You're going to LOVE the Disney cruise! You'll never want to cruise another cruise line again! Be sure to sign up for the Fish Extender exchange. Your daughter will love it!

WDW- too many times to count! Last time 9/99
DCL- Wonder 11/08, Magic 1/12, Fantasy 2/13

Next up....Disney Magic 2/15!
heyshanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #37
dorito6778
Earning My Ears

we also booked a few days at disney prior at the Art of Animation. DD will flip her lid!
dorito6778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #38
aqmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi View Post
Thank you . Is your husband german?
No, we are both American. He studied German and did quite a bit of work in Germany years past. I have only visited (and your lovely country, too!! On our brief trip, Austria was one of my favorite stops!!!).

Could you please tell me if all FE must be handmade? I am so slow....I had better start now if they are to be hand made.
aqmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #39
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqmom View Post
No, we are both American. He studied German and did quite a bit of work in Germany years past. I have only visited (and your lovely country, too!! On our brief trip, Austria was one of my favorite stops!!!).

Could you please tell me if all FE must be handmade? I am so slow....I had better start now if they are to be hand made.
Ah I see, I'm looking forward to meeting him, I've never met German speaking Americans, I guess most of you learn Spanish, right?

About the FE gifts: They don't have to be handmade, we got all kinds of stuff, handmade and bought and everything was appreciated. This should be fun not stressful. I'm not very crafty, so there are natural limits to what I can make but I've already had an idea and I hope it will turn out ok, right now it's till looking good.

I'm so looking forward to reading the first Fantasy trip reports!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #40
DizMagic
Mouseketeer

2 adults here. this will be our 2nd DCL cruise (Dream last May was first). very excited for this itinerary.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #41
aqmom
Earning My Ears

Possible children meets?

I was wondering - if in addition to Fish Extenders - any of you were open to letting our children write/email each other a little before the cruise to get to know each other (in same age groups)? I know that my DD who will be 11 almost 12 at the time of the cruise would really like to have someone to look forward to meeting / know there was someone else there her age.
aqmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #42
DLPYOW
Earning My Ears

So excited!

Still dreaming of our last DC in March on the Magic but ready to start the countdown for the Fantasy! We are party of 9 with 3 cabins on deck 10. Three kids, DS 8, DD 6 and DN(disney niece)7. The kids had so much fun on the last cruise delivering the FE gifts and it was a race back to the cabins every day to see what treasures awaited their return!
DLPYOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #43
beccadoby
1 hour from the Mouse / 2 hours to DCL

Hi all! We actually booked this cruise while onboard Dream back in Dec. Just now getting around to the thread for the 1st time.

We always do the FE and would love to be added to the list.
We have 2 cabins:
1. DH, DS (15), DD (11..almost 12), myself (big 40 cruise)
2. My Mom & Dad + my great nephew (4 yr old)
I will have to add the cabin #'s later. My confirmation #s are at the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstroop28 View Post
We are doing this cruise without the kids and celebrating my 40th birthday.

Is this your first Disney (or any) cruise? We sailed on the Magic in 2009 and this new boat looks amazing. !!
HI! I am also celebrating my 40th...
My b-day isnt until March BUT we are celebrating ALL our b-days at once.
DH, DD, my Mom, & my Dad (we will be on the cruise for my Dad's)

We sailed Dream a few times last year. And I toured Fantasy a few days before her Maiden voyage.
REALLY awesome ships! I have also sailed Magic & Wonder. Dream & Fantasy blow the older ships out of the water (so to speak). Of course, Disney took 14 yrs to get new ships, so you can just imagion! You will be SO suprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqmom View Post
I was wondering - if in addition to Fish Extenders - any of you were open to letting our children write/email each other a little before the cruise to get to know each other (in same age groups)? I know that my DD who will be 11 almost 12 at the time of the cruise would really like to have someone to look forward to meeting / know there was someone else there her age.
My DD will be just shy of her 12th bday also. Her bday is the 26th. We can set up a thread for the kids so they can chat.

One of my pics from March 29th
She is a beauty!
beccadoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #44
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Hi and welcome everybody!
I haven't been checking the thread for a while, it's great that there are a few newcomers.

The Fantasy trip reports sound so great, they make waiting even harder.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #45
gissy
Earning My Ears

feb 2/13

Don't know if I'm doing this right... my family will be doing our first ever cruise, on the Fantasy. Which is following one week in Disney World. Can't wait I am very excited to see the kids (son-9, d7,d6,) when they figure out we are in Florida. Yikes!!
Any tips would be greatly Appreciated.
gissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: