Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
Disneytracy
Earning My Ears

So excited, just booked our first Disney Cruise last night. We are huge Disney fans, we decided to skip the parks this year and splurge on the cruise instead. We have a 5C on deck 7 booked. We will be traveling with our DD6 & DD8. Looking forward to getting to know some of you.
Disneytracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #17
twarpula
Earning My Ears

You can add us to the roll call-
We are booked in a balcony room on deck 9. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We will be sailing with our 8 yr old girl & 6 yr old boy.
Looking forward to it!
RCCL Oasis of The Seas 1.15.11

Disney Dream 5.1.11
NCL Sky 12.9.11
Carnival Magic 2.5.2012
NCL Epic (Mediterranean) 6.10.12
Disney Fantasy 2.2.13
Celebrity Solstice (Alaska) 6.7.13

Next Up:
Disney Dream 9.19.13
Disney Wonder 1.4.14

RCCL Oasis of The Seas 2.1.14
twarpula is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #18
3monkeys4me
Mouseketeer

We just booked this cruise today!

This will be our first Disney cruise. It will be me, DH, dd8, ds6 and dd2 (They will be 9, 7 and 3 when we leave!)

I am so excited!!

ETA: We would be up for a FE too.

Last edited by 3monkeys4me; 01-28-2012 at 11:40 AM.
3monkeys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #19
aqmom
Earning My Ears

Fish Extenders (Cont.)

This is so much fun hearing from all of you! I am in for any exchange group. Mentioned earlier - traveling with DH, DD (8th birthday) and DD (11 at the time of cruise). We will be on deck 8, Category 8C (Starboard / Bow) We will be traveling from the Detroit area of Michigan. My children are already begging for a Disney trip - can not wait until 2013!!!!
aqmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #20
gstroop28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqmom View Post
This is so much fun hearing from all of you! I am in for any exchange group. Mentioned earlier - traveling with DH, DD (8th birthday) and DD (11 at the time of cruise). We will be on deck 8, Category 8C (Starboard / Bow) We will be traveling from the Detroit area of Michigan. My children are already begging for a Disney trip - can not wait until 2013!!!!
This is the PERFECT age for a cruise! We did our first Disney cruise when my girls were the EXACT same age - we even set sail ON my youngest DD's 8th birthday in October 2009. We are doing this cruise without the kids and celebrating my 40th birthday.

Is this your first Disney (or any) cruise? We sailed on the Magic in 2009 and this new boat looks amazing. I am so excited and it's still so far away!!

Magic Eastern - 10/24/2009

gstroop28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #21
3monkeys4me
Mouseketeer

And just like that it is over.

Dh and I decided to go to London for our anniversary this Nov. so there is no way we can cruise in Feb. We switched our deposit to the same itinerary in October but it seems so far away!

Anyway, I hope you all have a magical cruise!!
3monkeys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm back from a wonderful cruise. We really enjoyed ourselves but decided that 4 days are way too short, so we are looking forward to our 7 nighter.

The FE gift swap was my daughter's cruise highlight, she is talking about it all the time.

The funniest thing is, that my husband who went on his "only Disney cruise ever", decided to join us next february, having my parents with us, this opens a whole new opportunity: Remy, here we come!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
only8daycruise
Earning My Ears

stupid ????

This will be my families 6th Disney cruise. What is the fish extender exchange we always have a great time but always want to meet other people we have two kids at cruise time son will be 17 and daughter will be 14 wife 43 me 45, we only see our kids at dinner and for pictures other than that we spend alot of time in the adult areas. Cant wait to see the Fantasy, we did something really fun but sad, when got off the Magic on Saturday that evening we went to the pier and watched the Magic go back out to sea.
only8daycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

You can add us to the roll call We did our first DCL cruise ever on the 02/09-02/12 Dream We booked this cruise on board, then the EBTA in May 2013. Very excited for next year!

We will be Me, DH, DSS (who will be 14) and DS (who will be 3) I would love to do FE as well- our FE got lost on the way down to port canavarel the past trip but we did have fun participating
Old 02-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Welcome!!

@only8daycruise
A fish extender is a wall hanging with pockets that you can hang on the fish outside your door (where CMs usually put your "mail" in).
Everybody in this thread who wants to participate is noted on a list with stateroom number, age, number of participants,....
The participants put small, inexpensive, sometimes very creative gifts into each others FE pockets it's similar to what you call secret Santa.
Sorry if that sound confusing, english isn't my first language, I would do a better job in german.
If you search the board for "FE" you'll find lots of explanations.

@all
I was so excited after the cruise that I've already started working on our gifts
Old 02-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
aqmom
Earning My Ears

Fe

Mimmi, your response was written very well - clear and precise! I hope that we get to meet on the cruise. My husband loves speaking German!!!
aqmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #27
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqmom View Post
Mimmi, your response was written very well - clear and precise! I hope that we get to meet on the cruise. My husband loves speaking German!!!
Thank you . Is your husband german?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #28
heyshanny
Mouseketeer

Count us in! It will be me and my husband and possibly a child or 2 depending on how quickly our adoption goes through. We are in a balcony room on deck 5 or 6. I can't remember. We just booked it when we were on the Magic 2 weeks ago. We are SO excited! And count us in for the FE exchange. We love doing that!

WDW- too many times to count! Last time 9/99
DCL- Wonder 11/08, Magic 1/12, Fantasy 2/13

Next up....Disney Magic 2/15!
heyshanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyshanny View Post
Count us in! It will be me and my husband and possibly a child or 2 depending on how quickly our adoption goes through. We are in a balcony room on deck 5 or 6. I can't remember. We just booked it when we were on the Magic 2 weeks ago. We are SO excited! And count us in for the FE exchange. We love doing that!
Welcome, it must be an exciting time for you!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #30
only8daycruise
Earning My Ears

Your English is just fine We Americans cant use it correctly so why should anyone else, I am excited about this I told my wife about it and she is too, only 347 days til we come over the hill and see the Fantasy sitting at port waiting for us. Do you need are state room number? and do we get just one gift or a gift for every person in the state room?
Thanks for filling me in
Tim
only8daycruise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: