Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #451
dvccruiser76
DIS Veteran

BL Spring 2012 Week 13 Results Part 1

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenge – can re-start at any time, though
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know and you’ll be marked excused

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 2
Congratulations myweegirls & Rose&Mike !!!

LOSERS:
Current Participants-------------65!
not reporting in for 1 week-----8
not reporting in for 2 weeks----9
not reporting in for 3 weeks----3
Excused--------------------------5
weigh ins-------------------------40
gains-----------------------------6
maintains------------------------9
losses----------------------------25
new or returning members ----0

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge Week 13!
This week’s group loss = 40.1 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.51 %
Total group weight loss so far 945.6 pounds!

AWESOME!

Retention Rate (compared to the 144 participants we had sign up for our start week on January 1st)
34% (this includes the Losers, Maintainers and Excused people!). Let's keep sending those weights people!

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet. (btw if its been more than 1 week between weigh-ins, then the % loss is divided by the number of weeks, to keep everybody on the same basis)

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 13?

The WISH Biggest Loser Spring Challenge Week 13 Superstars!!
#10 - 0.89% - GoofyPredsFan
#9 - 0.99% - Jujubee727
#8 - 1.00% - belledreamer
#7 - 1.20% - jillbur
#6 - 1.36% - tigger813
#5 - 1.38% - dumbo_buddy
#4 - 1.62% - lovetoscrap
#3 - 1.76% - D73
#2 - 2.65% - JacksLilWench

and now
The WISH Biggest Loser Spring Challenge Week 13 Biggest Loser is:
#1 - 4.94% - Sunshineminnie

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!
Congratulations Sunshineminnie!!!

What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week! :

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

or we have a medium version

or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

and we have a small version

or use
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

DVC Member Since Dec 2000
Walt Disney World, Disneyland & Disneyland Paris

Disney Dream - May 2011 (Bahamas), NCL Pearl - Aug 07 (Alaska), Disney Wonder - Dec 04 (Bahamas), Disney Wonder - May 04 (Bahamas), Disney Magic - Mar 03 (Western Caribbean), NCL Majesty - Aug 02 (Bermuda), Disney Magic - Apr 02 (Eastern Caribbean), RCCL Nordic Empress - May 97 (Eastern Caribbean)
dvccruiser76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #452
dvccruiser76
DIS Veteran

BL Spring 2012 Week 13 Results Part 2

NOW FOR THOSE OF US WHO SET A GOAL FOR THE CHALLENGE!!!

NOTE: This list includes participants who have reported in within the last 3 weeks, once someone misses 3 weigh-ins they are dropped from this report.

How this works: You set your goal for what you want to lose in the challenge. Then I calculate your weight loss in the challenge divided by your goal to get a % to goal.

Anybody can change their goal at anytime (or add a goal) – all you have to do is send me a PM.

Since the goals are an individual thing, the list is just in alphabetical order to make it easier for everybody to find their own name. If there are any questions or suggestions please let me know.

We have done 13 out of 21 weeks, so the challenge is 62% complete.

#1hoosierfan - 44.67
4Holidays - 40.00
aamomma - 71.43
amykathleen2005 - 69.23
araes2120 - 22.50
BernardandMissBianca - 13.33
BMC423 - 20.00
buzz5985 - 3.60
ChelleyB - 24.84
D73 - 97.65
Disneyluvr - 26.67
Disneywedding2010 - 32.00
dvccruiser76 - 44.44
EDuke98080 - 0.00
goldcupmom - 100.00
happysummer - 38.57
Heidi Lou - 0.00
JacksLilWench - 30.67
jillbur - 84.00
Jujubee727 - 50.00
liesel - 52.44
lisaviolet - 45.31
lovetoscrap - 45.00
lsenquiz - 0.00
luvpoohandcompany - 35.00
mackeysmom - 12.50
Mary.Poppins - 50.50
ougrad86 - 51.67
pjstevens - 0.00
quasar4legs - 41.45
RutgersAlum - 36.00
shellebelle76 - 38.40
::Snow White:: - 60.67
sue and co - 25.53
sunshineminnie - 44.78
The Mystery Machine - 21.88
thunderbird1 - 4.85
tigger813 - 2.67
tiki23 - 46.00
trinaweena - 49.73
VirataMama4 - 35.47
wickey’s friend - 0.00
yanni2 - 46.40
Zoesmama03 - 18.06

I find everybody on the list an inspiration and everybody who participates in this challenge is an inspiration in and of themselves. Whether you post, lurk or just pm your weight and check results on Tuesdays, you have made a commitment to yourself. And that is the biggest inspiration of all!BY Octoberbride03

DVC Member Since Dec 2000
Walt Disney World, Disneyland & Disneyland Paris

Disney Dream - May 2011 (Bahamas), NCL Pearl - Aug 07 (Alaska), Disney Wonder - Dec 04 (Bahamas), Disney Wonder - May 04 (Bahamas), Disney Magic - Mar 03 (Western Caribbean), NCL Majesty - Aug 02 (Bermuda), Disney Magic - Apr 02 (Eastern Caribbean), RCCL Nordic Empress - May 97 (Eastern Caribbean)
dvccruiser76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #453
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Tuesday morning everyone.

I tried to get on here yesterday but my computer just wouldn't cooperate. Last night I had to work an hour shift at McDonald's for McTeacher night. The National Honor Society gets a percentage of the proceeds while the teachers are working the registers. I have worked the drive through every time I have worked this fundraiser.

Tonight I have to go to a Faculty/Faculty basketball game. I am not going to play but I am cheering for the math department. We do stand a chance of winning our first round game because we are going against the guidance department. After that we don't stand a chance.

Congrats to all the biggest losers this week especially Sunshineminnie

Off to get dressed.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:49 AM   #454
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
Question of the day for April 2nd:

Think about your weight loss since January (or whenever you joined) and write how an objective person would view your journey?
WHAT HAPPENED? You started off strong even when life was tough, fell off the wagon big time in the middle and while you are making efforts to get back on you havent fully commited have you? Wake up, get back on your feet and start again!! YOU CAN DO THIS! You loved how it felt when you were eating healthy foods and exercising each day now you need to get that feeling back. DONT WAIT! Do it now! Begin again and become a Big Loser!
Quote:
Question of the Day for Tuesday, April 3rd:

Christopher's post about clicking the airplane belt got me thinking about other signs that let you know you have lost weight BESIDES the number on the scale.

List one (or more) things/events that have changed since you lost weight.
1. My jeans fit again so that I'm not cutting off the blood supply to my lower limbs just by putting them on
2. I'm up a notch in my belt
3. I can walk halfway up the hill on my monday walk before I have to stop (before I'd only get a quarter of the way up)
4. I like me more than I did before

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good Tuesday morning everyone.

I tried to get on here yesterday but my computer just wouldn't cooperate. Last night I had to work an hour shift at McDonald's for McTeacher night. The National Honor Society gets a percentage of the proceeds while the teachers are working the registers. I have worked the drive through every time I have worked this fundraiser.

Tonight I have to go to a Faculty/Faculty basketball game. I am not going to play but I am cheering for the math department. We do stand a chance of winning our first round game because we are going against the guidance department. After that we don't stand a chance.

Off to get dressed.

Have a happy and healthy day.
How did you find working at McDonalds? I hope you raised lots of money
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #455
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

i've been a terrible BL participant this challenge (last challenge too but i was knocked up so that doesn't count...right?). i need to make it a rule that i sign in with you guys at least once a day. i've been falling backwards a little these last few days and i'm sure signing onto this thread will keep me better motivated and accountable.

luvpoohandcompany well if that last comment doesn't just then i don't know what will! saying you like you more than you did before is a great feeling and something that definitely comes from not just losing weight but eating healthier and moving more. i find that it's not necessarily the fact that the number goes down a little for me that makes me feel awesome but it's when i finish up a workout that i feel like wonderwoman.

QOTD 4/3: since the challenge started i've dropped almost 20 lbs (19.5...darn you .5!) and i've picked up my running pace slightly since then. i'm still much slower than i was last year but i'll get there with time. my jeans are finally fitting again although they are still a little tight.

46 days til my next disney trip. can't wait! i set a weight loss goal for then and i'm currently 2 lbs under the goal! i'm lowering my goal now a few pounds to keep up my motivation!

have a great OP day everyone!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #456
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Quote:

Christopher's post about clicking the airplane belt got me thinking about other signs that let you know you have lost weight BESIDES the number on the scale.

First, I just feel better - when I'm moving around, when I see myself in the mirror, everything - and that seems to motivate better choices for me. I want to keep feeling like this!

More tangibly, I'm running (a little!), something I never thought I'd do. I'm doing strength workouts regularly, something I never used to do. I'm in the smallest jeans of my life, and I had to buy a beautiful new dress for a wedding this spring because everything else in my closet was too big! I "lost" half my closet to weight loss, and I'm refusing to keep any of the big stuff around as a cushion. And I'm getting compliments from people - everyone from people I barely know to my nearest and dearest. I know I did this for myself and my health and well-being, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love hearing those compliments!

It's a beautiful but chilly morning here - so psyched for it to warm up later when we head to the ballpark. Definitely treating myself to a Five Guys cheeseburger at the game today!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #457
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Happy Tuesday morning friends! Sorry I haven't been here. As I mentioned the other day, our family computer is down and my laptop died about a month ago, so we are busy fighting over my Ipad and DD's laptop!

But I'm still here....just not much computer time lately!

I'll try to answer the QOTD before I disappear again!............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #458
Sunshineminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post

Off to get dressed.
THANK YOU!

Quote:

I FEEL SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!! It's really just that simple!
Sunshineminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #459
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:

I don't dread the change of seasons, clothing wise. I used to dread having to go from a winter of jeans and oversized tops to the shorts and t's from the previous summer....because everything was too tight. I gained weight every season. But now I will often find that a beloved outfit from the previous season is too big!

I've found some styles that really suit me and I know what to look for when I go shopping....I'm not just looking for a size and style that doesn't make me feel huge. I don't dread every holiday or dress up event. I have many pretty clothes that I feel GREAT in! (now gotta work on shoes!)

Great question!.........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #460
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvccruiser76 View Post
H

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 13?

#9 - 0.99% - Jujubee727
#7 - 1.20% - jillbur
#6 - 1.36% - tigger813
#5 - 1.38% - dumbo_buddy
#4 - 1.62% - lovetoscrap
#3 - 1.76% - D73

and now

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!
CONGRATS TO ALL YOU LOSERS!!

Way to go Sunshineminnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
WHAT HAPPENED? You started off strong even when life was tough, fell off the wagon big time in the middle and while you are making efforts to get back on you havent fully commited have you? Wake up, get back on your feet and start again!! YOU CAN DO THIS! You loved how it felt when you were eating healthy foods and exercising each day now you need to get that feeling back. DONT WAIT! Do it now! Begin again and become a Big Loser!

1. My jeans fit again so that I'm not cutting off the blood supply to my lower limbs just by putting them on
2. I'm up a notch in my belt
3. I can walk halfway up the hill on my monday walk before I have to stop (before I'd only get a quarter of the way up)
4. I like me more than I did before

How did you find working at McDonalds? I hope you raised lots of money
Those are lots of great reasons!! I could also say the one about my jeans. I used to have to ssstttrrreetttccchhh them out when I first put them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
i've been a terrible BL participant this challenge (last challenge too but i was knocked up so that doesn't count...right?). i need to make it a rule that i sign in with you guys at least once a day. i've been falling backwards a little these last few days and i'm sure signing onto this thread will keep me better motivated and accountable.

Being pregnant doesn't count! But the week you had that baby could have put you at the top of the Biggest Losers for the week! Please post with us. The people on this thread are absolutely lovely and very encouraging! Jump on board ...

luvpoohandcompany well if that last comment doesn't just then i don't know what will! saying you like you more than you did before is a great feeling and something that definitely comes from not just losing weight but eating healthier and moving more. i find that it's not necessarily the fact that the number goes down a little for me that makes me feel awesome but it's when i finish up a workout that i feel like wonderwoman.

I agree with this! It feels so good when I am done.

QOTD 4/3: since the challenge started i've dropped almost 20 lbs (19.5...darn you .5!) and i've picked up my running pace slightly since then. i'm still much slower than i was last year but i'll get there with time. my jeans are finally fitting again although they are still a little tight.

46 days til my next disney trip. can't wait! i set a weight loss goal for then and i'm currently 2 lbs under the goal! i'm lowering my goal now a few pounds to keep up my motivation!

That is fantastic!

have a great OP day everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
First, I just feel better - when I'm moving around, when I see myself in the mirror, everything - and that seems to motivate better choices for me. I want to keep feeling like this!

More tangibly, I'm running (a little!), something I never thought I'd do. I'm doing strength workouts regularly, something I never used to do. I'm in the smallest jeans of my life, and I had to buy a beautiful new dress for a wedding this spring because everything else in my closet was too big! I "lost" half my closet to weight loss, and I'm refusing to keep any of the big stuff around as a cushion. And I'm getting compliments from people - everyone from people I barely know to my nearest and dearest. I know I did this for myself and my health and well-being, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love hearing those compliments!

It is so nice when people are noticing.

It's a beautiful but chilly morning here - so psyched for it to warm up later when we head to the ballpark. Definitely treating myself to a Five Guys cheeseburger at the game today!

XO
Liz
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Tuesday morning friends! Sorry I haven't been here. As I mentioned the other day, our family computer is down and my laptop died about a month ago, so we are busy fighting over my Ipad and DD's laptop!

But I'm still here....just not much computer time lately!

I'll try to answer the QOTD before I disappear again!............P
We have missed you! It stinks when you computer goes down. It is amazing how much we depend on them. They are a blessing and a curse!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #461
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvccruiser76 View Post
Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 2
Congratulations myweegirls & Rose&Mike !!!

LOSERS:
Current Participants-------------65!
not reporting in for 1 week-----8
not reporting in for 2 weeks----9
not reporting in for 3 weeks----3
Excused--------------------------5
weigh ins-------------------------40
gains-----------------------------6
maintains------------------------9
losses----------------------------25
new or returning members ----0

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge Week 13!
This week’s group loss = 40.1 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.51 %
Total group weight loss so far 945.6 pounds!

AWESOME!

Retention Rate (compared to the 144 participants we had sign up for our start week on January 1st)
34% (this includes the Losers, Maintainers and Excused people!). Let's keep sending those weights people!

#9 - 0.99% - Jujubee727
#7 - 1.20% - jillbur
#6 - 1.36% - tigger813
#5 - 1.38% - dumbo_buddy
#4 - 1.62% - lovetoscrap
#3 - 1.76% - D73

and now

Have a healthy day!

What a great week you had. Keep up the good work!
Congrats to everyone, including our biggest loser!!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #462
GaRain
DIS Veteran

Back into the swing of things. Good workout at the gym last night. The heart was pumping and the body was sweating!!

QOTD - I don't really have a physical sign yet, as I have only lost a few pounds on this go around. When I did lose 50 lbs, it was great! New clothes and at least 1 less chin!!
GaRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #463
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Good morning everyone! Congrats to all the biggest losers!!

Quote:

I ran my first 5k last week!
My clothes are too big.
I look a lot thinner.
A couple days ago I had a "comfort" meal added into MFP. Something I ate all the time before this journey. I felt stuffed, bloated, a little bit sick. I realized how it did not taste nearly as good and isn't worth it, so I feel a lot better now.

Adventure is out there!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #464
glss1/2fll
DIS Veteran

QOTD: Well, I used to not be able to wear a belt, and just a couple days ago reached the 4th notch! I need that belt to hold up my pants these days! My other biggest NSV was last summer, after I'd started C25K. We were on vacation and had to hike up a HUGE hill to where our car was parked. I kept up with DH, who had decided to turn it into a "workout." I wasn't even out of breath! amazing

Congratulation to all our Losers! Way to go!!

I've gotten my stretching class in and walked my 3 miles in the pouring rain. DH missed a call from the sub office while I was at class, so the day is mine!

Yesterday I turned down a long term sub job as a one on one for a special needs kiddo. It would have required giving up a couple jobs I had been assigned. The sub office said it was all or nothing; they weren't willing to work with me like the school was. Not feeling too guilty about it--especially after I talked to the teacher. I'm booked the rest of the week, but the hours are such that I'll still get my walk in--the very best kind of jobs!!

Have a super OP day, Losers!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #465
trinaweena
DIS Veteran

My plan today was to wake up early and go to a group core class at the gym before class. This didn't happen for two reasons 1) I managed to psych myself up last night, and then by the time I went to bed I was wicked nervous again. I'm so intimidated by group classes. My gym finally added a Zumba class I would be able to go to on Wed nights and I really want to go but I'm super super nervous. I felt this way about yoga too and then I went to the first class and was fine. But I still feel very intimidated about trying a new group class. 2) I just plain wanted to sleep. I stayed up way too late last night doing homework and I was exhausted this morning.

The good thing is, I'm on track with homework. I'm feeling a little bummed out, as I always do on mondays and tuesdays when I have school then work, but it will be better when the day is over. I REALLY need to get better about working out, but i'm so torn between being exhausted from school and work, and finding the motivation to get out there and just go for a walk. Also its still really cold and I just do not do well in the cold.

Thanks everyone for your grocery suggestions! They were very helpful and I've started a list!

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy day. I just need it to be 9:30 and I will feel a lot bettter!
July 2009 Wilderness Lodge
July 2010 Animal Kindgdom Lodge
May 2012 1st cruise on the magic plus 4 days in WDW!
trinaweena is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: